Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

House I Built: Is It Any Good

mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
Screenshot-17.jpg
Rate on a scale of one to ten.

1: Eeeew it is plum!
2. Plum!
3. Plum plum!
4. Okay
5. Neutral
6. Its good
7. Great
8. Amazing
9. Well built!
10. I wish I could build like you! Teach me!

Any constructive criticisms are appreciated as well.
Oh hamburgers!

Comments

• creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    Well... the picture is very small so I can't really get a good look at it. I also can't see the outside of the house (walls up and roof) so it makes it harder to comment. It does certainly look very roomy!
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Well... the picture is very small so I can't really get a good look at it. I also can't see the outside of the house (walls up and roof) so it makes it harder to comment. It does certainly look very roomy!

K I will include the exterior for u
    Oh hamburgers!
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Screenshot-2.jpg
    Exterior

Oh hamburgers!
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    Well, as I mentioned first, it's certainly very roomy! Hopefully you won't get any routing errors. But it might be tricky to get the car into the driveway with a fence across it ;)

You may consider moving some of the rooms on the right side (right side of the picture) into that large open space in the house unless you have plans for it.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Hello :)
    Your home looks very nice! Very nice roofing on the home. The flowers look very pretty on the edges of the home. It is nice that there is a pool in the build. Very nice layout of the interior of the home.
    Sims will enjoy living there :)
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    The picture is very tiny, so it's hard to tell, but I would say it has potential. The layout is very playful, which can make an interesting looking house from the outside once you do a few things.

First off, I would turn off auto-roofs, and delete the entire roof. :) Then what I would do is start adding to a second floor. You don't need to follow the first floor walls exactly (I wouldn't), but play around with having some areas with more floors than other areas. With the playful floor plan you have for the first floor, you could end up with an EXTREMELY interesting house with towers and turrets and half gables and stuff, if you play around with it, and give some areas more floors than others. A lot of Victorians are built like that, so go ahead and play around with it and see what you end up with.

The one thing we can see clearly is the swimming pool. That's something that's very easy to make fancy, if you use some of the curved pieces for pools, and even some of the fountain effects. Use MOO for the fountain effects if you have to. It won't hurt anything in your game. It takes a bit of practice, but you can end up with all sorts of interesting pool shapes if you play around with those curved pieces. Sometimes I get so into it, I can easily spend hours on building a pool. It can get pretty addictive at times!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I like the way the rooms are all accessible from the center room and I love all the ins and outs to the shape of the house. The house also seems to be just about the right size for the lot you chose. I love the landscaping and additional trees that you added too.

The front main room does seem a bit overly large and empty to me. I'd bring the walls in a bit.
    The swimming pool seems to be incomplete without tile all the way around it and no walk way to it.
    Rooflines are really tricky. I always try to make one section of the roof extend from one side of the house to the other and then attach half gables and half hips to the main part.
    You might also add an outdoor patio or gazebo or play area.