Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horses? No. Stop.

Comments

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I think many people want quantity over quality, and they dont think about exactly what quality and quantity are. It shows how many youngsters play ts4. Imho the want for quality over quantity, comes with maturity.

I would agree with you if TS4 was a high quality game, but unfortunately since City Living and Toddlers for me a very high percentage of the features are broken. After 5 minutes in the game you run into freezing, utterly absurd clothing, broken animations and erratic behavior. My Sims spend half of their time to jump from their chairs, go to the bathroom and clean non-existant dishes. Someone here praised the "good AI" of TS4. but where is it?
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I don't mind that horses aren't apart of this EP only because I have my fingers crossed for a country living/farming pack in which they'll appear, and be exclusive to that world.
  • Options
    sohaliapeartreesohaliapeartree Posts: 1 New Member
    I was a little disappointed not to see horses, but not entirely surprised. As others have said, it makes less sense in a non-open world game. However one thing I do miss is that my collector Sim can no longer interact with the little animals he finds (and there are far fewer) so I do hope that Pets will add a few more little animals into the world. It wasn't a bit interaction, just being able to feed them and pick them up and carry them around if you wanted. It seems like it wouldn't be too complicated to do and I wouldn't even mind if it was recycled - they are mostly decoration anyway but it was nice to have that little interactivity.

That being said, I'm pumped to be a Vet!
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Horses are said to be the hardest things to animate fluidly, whether drawn or CGI. Sometimes the horses in Sims 3 look really weird when they're moving, so if the developers are taking their time over that, then I'm cool with it.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    Even in horse games horses look weird sometimes. The only game where I was truly impressed with the horse animation was beyond two souls and that's not even close to being an actual horse-related game.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I would like to see horses but I would be willing to see them in a country-themed pack. I would buy it.

Sure, I was a little disappointed to see that they didn't make the cut in the upcoming pack but I am still fine with it. I'm also interested in cats and dogs. I like the new world that is coming too. I will definitely be getting the Pets pack quickly.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I want to see horses but I think it's important that they get the movement right - no easy task, especially if there are likely to be horse shows.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    FaybelFaybel Posts: 53 Member
    I'm pretty disappointed that there aren't any horses myself. However I do recognise that if they were included, the lack of open-world would really screw up game-play. Horses just feel like they'd be too big for TS4, what with all the backyard space they'd need, barns, jump courses and parks big enough to go for a long ride in. In the end I'd much rather cats and dogs be done really well than having the inclusion of horses that just don't quite work.
  • Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Grant said they had to create five different animals, puppies, small dogs, big dogs, kittens and cats. Each one of those had to be made to interact with each other and each different sim type, toddler, kid, teen, adult. etc. That's a huge amount of work. I'm more than happy with Cats & Dogs and no horses. As you said, they may come in a future pack.

Plus they had to make them from scratch.

The Sims 2 recycled them from Urbz, The Sims 3 recycled them from The Sims 2.

And EA probably gave them the same budget.

This is what I have been trying to explain! TS4 is an entirely new engine so they cannot use any recycled codes/animations from past games. Every single animation was made completely from scratch. I'm perfectly happy with only cats and dogs.
  • Options
    DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member
    Faybel wrote: »
    I'm pretty disappointed that there aren't any horses myself. However I do recognise that if they were included, the lack of open-world would really screw up game-play. Horses just feel like they'd be too big for TS4, what with all the backyard space they'd need, barns, jump courses and parks big enough to go for a long ride in. In the end I'd much rather cats and dogs be done really well than having the inclusion of horses that just don't quite work.

Part reason i think be better in it's own pack maybe with own world where you could have big riding courses area, maybe even paths you could ride. Then if they added other elements like riding school competitions etc it would actually have some gameplay value with it, think worst thing they could at be streamline in way so gameplay end feeling flat and non engaging.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2017
    Did you ever think if people speak up and say something about wanting horses, maybe if there is ever a 'farm' EP or GP they may decide to put horses in that and with more interactions and animations than just feed etc. They would never know people who play TS4 are disappointed for not having horses unless someone complains. I could make you a nice chocolate cake, right, but how would I know your favorite thing is actually pumpkin pie if you never speak up? I may just keep baking chocolate cakes. :# ETA: Let's face it, these games don't seem to get built with all the please, please, please, will you build this or that etc. It seems more things get done when the fanbase is on fire for a particular thing rather than requests loaded with whip cream and sugar on top.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2017
    To be honest some areas in this pack are better than it's previous iterations can be expected being it has evolved and they learned from previous workings. However, Imho they may have not created other types of pets for technical reasons and if that is one of the reasoning why there are none they may have to overcome that issue before putting those in future packs. I am not really into pets right now and would have preferred an Season EP but for what it offers right now it is okay. Cats and Dogs may have been an obvious choice because Cats and Dogs are one of the most popular choices to make. I would expect Sims 4 Pets to be better than Sims 3 Pets only because what technology is offered now may not have been offered back then and they had to do the best they could with those resources as well. Yes, we seen trailers and all but when it is released that will answer most people questions. Some that may be happy now, may not be happy then and vice versa.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    To be honest some areas in this pack are better than it's previous iterations can be expected being it has evolved and they learned from previous workings. However, Imho they may have not created other types of pets for technical reasons and if that is one of the reasoning why there are none they may have to overcome that issue before putting those in future packs. I am not really into pets right now and would have preferred an Season EP but for what it offers right now it is okay. Cats and Dogs may have been an obvious choice because Cats and Dogs are one of the most popular choices to make. I would expect Sims 4 Pets to be better than Sims 3 Pets only because what technology is offered now may not have been offered back then and they had to do the best they could with those resources as well. Yes, we seen trailers and all but when it is released that will answer most people questions. Some that may be happy now, may not be happy then and vice versa.

I expect to hear complaints about strays though some say it won't bother them. If it cuts down on how many human Sims show up in an area, I beg to differ, and just like the complaints to stop vampires from spawning and to turn them off threads, I expect to see that with this pack too, though people know full well this game is going to generate strays in the new world.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited September 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

I expect to hear complaints about strays though some say it won't bother them. If it cuts down on how many human Sims show up in an area, I beg to differ, and just like the complaints to stop vampires from spawning and to turn them off threads, I expect to see that with this pack too, though people know full well this game is going to generate strays in the new world.

It is going to happen looking at how the Sims work and how the AI system works. The AI system is not perfect and it requires tweaking every now and then especially when new packs are added.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    We've only ever had horses in S3 where they were playable and you could force them to do things, to an extent. Has anyone thought about what it will be like when horses are released and they are not playable? How different do you think they will act? Do you foresee any problems with this? Dogs, and cats to a small extent, can be trained. I don't see horses being trained the same way as dogs. Will they be more like wild horses that we have to break? What happens when they don't want to be ridden?
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    We've only ever had horses in S3 where they were playable and you could force them to do things, to an extent. Has anyone thought about what it will be like when horses are released and they are not playable? How different do you think they will act? Do you foresee any problems with this? Dogs, and cats to a small extent, can be trained. I don't see horses being trained the same way as dogs. Will they be more like wild horses that we have to break? What happens when they don't want to be ridden?

I know a horse at my yard in real life that is clicker trained. I don't mind the idea of horses we can't control. I'm not really a fan of controllable horses and it's not something I do in the sims 3 as much as I adore having horses.
    It would be good if horses could be like the horses I know and worked with. Maybe they could love or hate certain things like jumpin or dressage.. My horse in real life loves to roll (particularly after a groom) he doesn't like strangers in his stable and is scared of traffic cones. The horse next to him literally hates to halt. It's taken a lot of training and work to get her to stop when asked and she loves to canter even if her rider doesn't. It would be fun to see horses bucking riders off particularly if they are young horses. Training my horse is different to my dog, my horse had to learn to lift his feet when grooming, stand nicely for the vet/farrier and grooming not to mention being taught schooling, I would like to see that if horses were separate. As long as the horses have personality I will be interested.

• Options
    justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    Yes op. This. Thank you
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    To be honest it is annoying but if they ever do add them it would be cool in a farm type of pack then we could have pigs and cows and chickens etc and they're not object you can only get horses in the one town but that's all I'm gonna say about horses. I wouldn't want houses being in the city or a place where they don't belong
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    TaquandaTaquanda Posts: 212 Member
    Yes op. This. Thank you

<3
    Sorry for any grammar or other mistakes. English is not my native language. :)
  • Options
    Simmie_bearSimmie_bear Posts: 3 New Member
    I love horse though... and I want to make my horse in the sims. You probably think dogs and cats are "better" but to me they are equal because I LURVE HORSES lol
  • Options
    LadyCeCe18LadyCeCe18 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello All.
    To all that plays The Sims4, is there anyone who no longer plays their sims3 expansion packs. I am asking my eight year old son.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    What if they made horses in a farm pack like cows and chickens? Tied to an object like a small hay bale and the horse walks around going in and out of it and you can interact with the horse. You could feed it, brush it, check it's hooves, saddle it ride it around the hay bale, etc. Would this interest you?
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    the title made me laugh. i hate horses, "horses? no. stop." is pretty much me anytime someone says anything about them.
    i have relatives that own horses, they're so scary up close and smell bad. (the horses, not the relatives)
    still, people are allowed to complain, op. and i hope horses are brought in for people who do like them.
    i, on the other hand, really want tarantulas. :heart:
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    I think sims 4 seems to be focusing on having packs that fit together properly. I suppose that's one of the benefits of the addition of game packs, if something doesn't fully fit into any of the expansion packs then they can put it in a game pack rather than squeezing it in anyway. I know sims 3 pets had horses but I don't really feel that pack is the best place for them. I just don't see horses as pets, to me a pet lives with you and you take care of it. Horses tend to live elsewhere and are often looked after by other people while those that own them visit when they want. I'm not saying there isn't that same care and relationship there, just saying they don't feel like pets to me. I feel they fit better in a farming/rural pack or something dedicated to horses as long as it was expanded on a lot more than in 3.
  • Options
    whyaccesswhyaccess Posts: 182 Member
    The town that the dogs and cats are in, in the video, didn't look that horse friendly to me. I think they will bring the horses out with a world more suited for them. (I hope !)