Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horses? No. Stop.

Comments

• Options
    mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    I agree
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Karilan wrote: »
    While I loved having horses in Sims 3, they really don't fit into every household. I mean no one who lives in an apartment could logically own a horse. I don't mind not having them.

I do appreciate how much work EA had to do to include 5 different sizes of pets, but I do also hope to see some of the low maintenance pets we had in previous games like birds, gerbils, etc. even though these also require a bit of animation.

That's one reason why I think a pack that had horses boarded on a horse ranch, then Sims can go visit them to train and ride them (maybe with those horse shows that someone else mentioned) would be an awesome addition -- any Sim could own a horse (maybe the upkeep fees could be separate from the regular bills, so you can see how much horses really cost you) regardless where they live.

If we got small animals in a pack they could actually maybe do more than just sit around in their enclosure -- maybe chance of escaping if you're not careful. Imagine a snake crawling into a squeamish Sim's bed, for example. >:)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    > @stilljustme2 said:
    > Karilan wrote: »
    >
    > While I loved having horses in Sims 3, they really don't fit into every household. I mean no one who lives in an apartment could logically own a horse. I don't mind not having them.
    >
    > I do appreciate how much work EA had to do to include 5 different sizes of pets, but I do also hope to see some of the low maintenance pets we had in previous games like birds, gerbils, etc. even though these also require a bit of animation.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That's one reason why I think a pack that had horses boarded on a horse ranch, then Sims can go visit them to train and ride them (maybe with those horse shows that someone else mentioned) would be an awesome addition -- any Sim could own a horse (maybe the upkeep fees could be separate from the regular bills, so you can see how much horses really cost you) regardless where they live.
    >
    > If we got small animals in a pack they could actually maybe do more than just sit around in their enclosure -- maybe chance of escaping if you're not careful. Imagine a snake crawling into a squeamish Sim's bed, for example. >:)

I second that
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Options
    > @Baenre said:
    > OP I'm sorry you're "triggered" because some people find horses a normal thing in their life and would like for it to be in a life simulator that is about to release a pets EP. So sorry for the inconvenience and any discomfort it may have caused you. I understand that healthy coping skills are not really required in this day an age, all people have to do now is say they're triggered and everyone gets policed to keep what's perceived as criticism of something they like, to themselves. It's all good though, no anger or anything coming from this side of the screen, I'm more finding this a little humorous that someone is triggered because some people are not happy about lack of horses.
    >
    > I am one of the people who would have loved horses to be included in this next EP, but I'm not having some meltdown because it's not happening. Am I disappointed yes? Will I still get the EP, I don't know? Not because of the lack of horses as I still love the other animals, but because I wait for reviews and in-game tours by other people before I decide if I want to add it.
    >
    > If they're saving the horses for something else, great, I'll be happy to see how they're implemented. If they never come, well that's too bad and that will just one more thing I can add to my list of things that are missing for some peoples' enjoyment. Cheers.

I agree
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    While I loved having horses in Sims 3, they really don't fit into every household. I mean no one who lives in an apartment could logically own a horse. I don't mind not having them.

I do appreciate how much work EA had to do to include 5 different sizes of pets, but I do also hope to see some of the low maintenance pets we had in previous games like birds, gerbils, etc. even though these also require a bit of animation.

That's one reason why I think a pack that had horses boarded on a horse ranch, then Sims can go visit them to train and ride them (maybe with those horse shows that someone else mentioned) would be an awesome addition -- any Sim could own a horse (maybe the upkeep fees could be separate from the regular bills, so you can see how much horses really cost you) regardless where they live.

If we got small animals in a pack they could actually maybe do more than just sit around in their enclosure -- maybe chance of escaping if you're not careful. Imagine a snake crawling into a squeamish Sim's bed, for example. >:)

I could see small animals being added in a game pack later, that would be cool!

I was somewhat surprised that Cats & Dogs was an expansion pack instead of a game pack, but it's hard to judge value until we see more of the content. I agree that the inclusion of a vet is great, and probably equal to having a whole other animal.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I'm kind of scratching my head at the fact that it is an expansion pack with just cats and dogs and not a game pack.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    If they do decide to make an GP dedicated to horses or small pets people are gonna feel ripped off (including me). You'd have to pay $60 for the full pets experience? No thanks.

I wonder how many people feel that when buying the new toddler pack?

I am not saying that everyone will feel ripped off though
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited August 2017
    Baenre wrote: »
    OP I'm sorry you're "triggered" because some people find horses a normal thing in their life and would like for it to be in a life simulator that is about to release a pets EP. So sorry for the inconvenience and any discomfort it may have caused you. I understand that healthy coping skills are not really required in this day an age, all people have to do now is say they're triggered and everyone gets policed to keep what's perceived as criticism of something they like, to themselves. It's all good though, no anger or anything coming from this side of the screen, I'm more finding this a little humorous that someone is triggered because some people are not happy about lack of horses.

I am one of the people who would have loved horses to be included in this next EP, but I'm not having some meltdown because it's not happening. Am I disappointed yes? Will I still get the EP, I don't know? Not because of the lack of horses as I still love the other animals, but because I wait for reviews and in-game tours by other people before I decide if I want to add it.

If they're saving the horses for something else, great, I'll be happy to see how they're implemented. If they never come, well that's too bad and that will just one more thing I can add to my list of things that are missing for some peoples' enjoyment. Cheers.

Horses were problematic for a lot of people in Sims 3 -- I pretty much had to turn them off because of all the lag they added. I used NRaas Registry mod to turn off the wild horses and unicorn -- it just wasn't worth the hassle and they really didn't fit most of my worlds. I'm a suburban kid though -- you don't really see horses wandering the streets in my neck of the woods. We do have some upscale small towns, with super large lots, and you'll see people riding horses on the side of the roads. But even in those areas, it's seldom that people actually keep the horses at their home -- more likely they'll board the horse at a ranch (not just because of space but also to save time by having someone else handle the feeding, watering, and cleaning up horse poop) and then go out on a weekend or after work/school to ride. So yeah, horses aren't a normal thing in my life. A vet career is something that's normal for most pet owners -- everyone's taken their pet to a vet even if just for the standard rabies shot or to get the pet spayed/neutered when you don't want any more pet babies, so for me I think that's going to be an awesome addition.

I could see small animals being added in a game pack later, that would be cool!

I was somewhat surprised that Cats & Dogs was an expansion pack instead of a game pack, but it's hard to judge value until we see more of the content. I agree that the inclusion of a vet is great, and probably equal to having a whole other animal.

When you consider the amount of work needed to create the Create A Pet system, plus all the pet animations/interactions, I'm not sure they could actually do it as a GP considering the time and budget needed.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'm kind of scratching my head at the fact that it is an expansion pack with just cats and dogs and not a game pack.

This pack includes a new world (with multiple neighborhoods) and Create A Pet that is far and away superior to other versions.
  • Options
    OP I'm sorry you're "triggered" because some people find horses a normal thing in their life and would like for it to be in a life simulator that is about to release a pets EP. So sorry for the inconvenience and any discomfort it may have caused you. I understand that healthy coping skills are not really required in this day an age, all people have to do now is say they're triggered and everyone gets policed to keep what's perceived as criticism of something they like, to themselves. It's all good though, no anger or anything coming from this side of the screen, I'm more finding this a little humorous that someone is triggered because some people are not happy about lack of horses.

I am one of the people who would have loved horses to be included in this next EP, but I'm not having some meltdown because it's not happening. Am I disappointed yes? Will I still get the EP, I don't know? Not because of the lack of horses as I still love the other animals, but because I wait for reviews and in-game tours by other people before I decide if I want to add it.

If they're saving the horses for something else, great, I'll be happy to see how they're implemented. If they never come, well that's too bad and that will just one more thing I can add to my list of things that are missing for some peoples' enjoyment. Cheers.

Horses were problematic for a lot of people in Sims 3 -- I pretty much had to turn them off because of all the lag they added. I used NRaas Registry mod to turn off the wild horses and unicorn -- it just wasn't worth the hassle and they really didn't fit most of my worlds. I'm a suburban kid though -- you don't really see horses wandering the streets in my neck of the woods. We do have some upscale small towns, with super large lots, and you'll see people riding horses on the side of the roads. But even in those areas, it's seldom that people actually keep the horses at their home -- more likely they'll board the horse at a ranch (not just because of space but also to save time by having someone else handle the feeding, watering, and cleaning up horse poop) and then go out on a weekend or after work/school to ride. So yeah, horses aren't a normal thing in my life. A vet career is something that's normal for most pet owners -- everyone's taken their pet to a vet even if just for the standard rabies shot or to get the pet spayed/neutered when you don't want any more pet babies, so for me I think that's going to be an awesome addition.

Agreed
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Options
    BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member

;) I love when options are available for someone to use to have better gameplay instead of completely removing things that others may not have any problems with. But like I said I get it. I'm a minority in this horse thing and I'm fine. I just found it humorous someone got triggered because people who do find horses a normal thing in their life, wanted them and expressed in ways that were inconvenient for them.
  • Options

;) I love when options are available for someone to use to have better gameplay instead of completely removing things that others may not have any problems with. But like I said I get it. I'm a minority in this horse thing and I'm fine. I just found it humorous someone got triggered because people who do find horses a normal thing in their life, wanted them and expressed in ways that were inconvenient for them.

I would like horses too. I enjoyed them in S3. But I don't need them mixed in with dogs and cats. Dogs and cats seem more suburban to me, like fitting in with Brindleton Bay. Horses seem more rural in areas where more space is available like a farm pack or Dude ranch vacation pack. I think horses will come but not with dogs and cats.
  • Options
    JillieLunaJillieLuna Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited August 2017
    ElenPink wrote: »
    Facts!! Thank you for this!! In fact, I might make my own thread discussing something similar to this!!

I'm so happy I'm not the only one. Since day one people have been whining about Pets. There has been multiple threads about it, written by the same people, too. It's like some of you guys have nothing else to do with your time.

A thread asking what you want the next ep to be? Pets.

Patches come out? People whining about why pets weren't patched in. (??? Seriously?)

I unfortunately belong in the small community of not wanting what the majority wants, which includes seasons, pets, and laundry. I want new things. But sadly, most players just want the same things, even though they can easily go back to the sims 3 and play with their lovely animals and passive seasons there.

Lo and behold!! Pets was announced!! Everyone must be happy, right? WRONG.
    Now they're complaining about pets not being controllable. Now they're asking for seasons (please people, be quiet about seasons for once), and horses not being included like op mentioned, and this and that. Like, are you kidding me?? The devs gave you what you wanted!! And you guys have the audacity to still whine as if the world revolves around you! No!!!

Be grateful for what you have! Coding is not easy!! I took one coding class and I can't believe how these devs are able to do these things!! It's hard!!

For goodness sakes, relax on the forums and let people who actually want new things (off the grid/farming) get a chance in the spot light!

:D:D YAAS. My thoughts exactly. I feel like people need to decide if they like this game or not, because most of what I've seen indicates that they don't like it and want it to be something completely different. In that case, they'll never be satisfied with anything TS4 offers. And I get it. I didn't play TS4 the first almost 3 years because when I loaded it up in '14 I was disappointed. But after not playing for a few years I tried it again last week and love it. I think people just need to take it or leave it, but it's not going to change. And the seasons thing.. I just can't. I honestly don't understand the overwhelming amounts of love people have for it. I have been wanting to start a thread asking why people love it, but everyone here just tears each other apart so I know it's not worth it. I'm just genuinely curious because I've never enjoyed seasons in my sims games (am I the only one who had snow/rain/hail inside my house all the time unless I had a gigantic house?).

I loved TS3 Island paradise. It was very different than what I had seen from an EP before and I enjoyed all the new features a lot more than I expected to. Seeing what the devs can do with a new idea is why I'd like more new EPs. But again, I get it. I think a uni pack would be fun, especially coupled with GT. But at the rate EPs are coming out I'm not sure I want them to be the same things we've seen...

On a different note, I'd enjoy a farm animals GP. I'd love for my sims to have little piggies one day!
  • Options
    KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    I don't care about the horses, but I think if people want to be disappointed that there won't be any in this pack then they have their own right to be. As long as they're not trying to bog everyone else down with it.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    I do not mind the absence of horses so long as there is a trade-off to compensate for their loss.

That last bit is what's pivotal here: what are we actually gaining with this rendition of Pets...? The only answer thusfar is the vet career, which isn't even a pet feature so much as a side feature. So far we've seen absolutely nothing new for the pets themselves while it's already been confirmed that controllable pets, small pets and pet competitions are all off the table. We're losing features, not gaining them, so I struggle to see why on earth I should pay for this.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    We've only seen the visuals. You can't tell without playing the actual interactivity and intelligence of the animals.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member

This
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

This pack includes a new world (with multiple neighborhoods) and Create A Pet that is far and away superior to other versions.

How? It's pretty much the same as ts3? And worlds have always been included in EPs in previous games
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I am disappointed, however, the pack looks good and so I can overlook it for now.

That being said, Sims 3 had horses and Sims 4, being the next in the franchise, should be adding assets not dropping them. So if anyone were to complain or to boycott the game, it would be perfectly reasonable for them to do so.

I'm holding out hope for a farm pack, with horses.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member

Don't get me wrong, I will get it just because it will add pets to the game. It just seems to me that with it only having cats and dogs, it would be more of a game pack. What about the other animals? Will they be added in with future game packs and stuff packs? Some what like the whole toddler thing. Yeah we got them in a free patch but to get any real added game play or objects for them, one is required to buy the parenthood GP and Toddler SP. Guess I ate my words too soon about toddlers not being free.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I am disappointed, however, the pack looks good and so I can overlook it for now.

That being said, Sims 3 had horses and Sims 4, being the next in the franchise, should be adding assets not dropping them. So if anyone were to complain or to boycott the game, it would be perfectly reasonable for them to do so.

I'm holding out hope for a farm pack, with horses.

Fair points but as I said before, why wait for a 'second' pack that might include horses instead? Players will only complain 'why they trying to sell horses separately' ect

It is also questioned how many more EPs TS4 will get or how long it will last. Chances are you might only get another two. Do you think they will be able to include Seasons, a farm, University and destinations in all of that unless you wanted scaled down GPs?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Orchid13 wrote: »

How? It's pretty much the same as ts3? And worlds have always been included in EPs in previous games

We couldn't paint on pets in S3, we can now. And a whole world will not fit in a GP. Surely someone as smart as you knows that.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I want donkeys
  • Options
    I want donkeys

Me too!!!