Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You can own foxes (AND RACCOONS!)

Comments

• Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    What kind of parent lets their kids play games that are rated for older than their age? Oh yeah, the ones that want to be friends with their kids and not parents.

No offense, but I think the worst thing anyone can say to a parent is how they raise their kid lol.

I started this game at 6 years old due to my older brother. By 10, I was playing on my own. 60% of the things in the sims 2, I had already learned from my parents or figured out on my own. Fast forward to now, my 4 year old is just as interested as me in this game. Does he play with any of the scary or shocking parts? No. But in the same token, the game gives him a lot of questions that spark a learning conversation sometimes. In the same way, when I was a little girl, I had the same questions for my brother too.

I totally agree with @Triplis in watching your kid when they play the game. But the whole "You'd rather be 'friends' than parents" to your kids I find kinda silly notion to assume.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    What kind of parent lets their kids play games that are rated for older than their age? Oh yeah, the ones that want to be friends with their kids and not parents.

No offense, but I think the worst thing anyone can say to a parent is how they raise their kid lol.

I started this game at 6 years old due to my older brother. By 10, I was playing on my own. 60% of the things in the sims 2, I had already learned from my parents or figured out on my own. Fast forward to now, my 4 year old is just as interested as me in this game. Does he play with any of the scary or shocking parts? No. But in the same token, the game gives him a lot of questions that spark a learning conversation sometimes. In the same way, when I was a little girl, I had the same questions for my brother too.

I totally agree with @Triplis in watching your kid when they play the game. But the whole "You'd rather be 'friends' than parents" to your kids I find kinda silly notion to assume.

I think the worst thing anyone can say to a parent is "I'm with Child Services and I'm here to take your child." Parents should parent.
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    anyone here play an instrument
    6riwm5.png
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    I dont understand how this thread is going off topic.

What I find ridiculous is that some of you guys are justifying the addition of foxes and raccoons as being nonsensical because children play the game. It is not telling a parent how to raise their child if a person suggests to the parent to warn their kids that foxes and raccoons are not pets in reality.

It would be ridiculous to change a game up just because kids play the game. Last time I checked, the game had a rating.

And dont claim a thread is going off topic just because you have nothing to contribute to the current conversation.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
    ElenPink wrote: »
    And dont claim a thread is going off topic just because you have nothing to contribute to the current conversation.

informing everyone in a thread about the Pets EP that you modded the gay out of your Sims game is what I considered off-topic. I could definitely contribute to that conversation but I'd be breaking the rules I'm sure.
    6riwm5.png

informing everyone in a thread about the Pets EP that you modded the gay out of your Sims game is what I considered off-topic. I could definitely contribute to that conversation but I'd be breaking the rules I'm sure.

I love how you just nit picked and quoted a section of what I said. Did you read everything else I wrote? Or did you just ignore it to try to get your point further?

I was referring to the additions of foxes and raccoons. That is how the whole "children play this game too" discussion came about.

Please.
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member

What I find ridiculous is that some of you guys are justifying the addition of foxes and raccoons as being nonsensical because children play the game. It is not telling a parent how to raise their child if a person suggests to the parent to warn their kids that foxes and raccoons are not pets in reality.

It would be ridiculous to change a game up just because kids play the game. Last time I checked, the game had a rating.

I personally don't see the harm in foxes. However I personally find it silly for someone to push their assumptions (not you but someone in this thread) on parents. To me that's pretty much crossing the line in general.

Dreamie209 wrote: »

I think the worst thing anyone can say to a parent is "I'm with Child Services and I'm here to take your child." Parents should parent.

And people should be people who let parents parent the way they think best. Last time I checked hun, kids didn't come with manuals or a cheat sheet...But hey what do I know? :lol:
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member

There's more than one dimension to what went on. Somehow it ended up on the subject of parents because age was discussed, (I think) cause I mentioned something about the game rating, and then someone pointed out that their under-teen plays the game. I then made a basic argument that that's their responsibility, since their kid is under the rating. Somehow this morphed into some mild criticism of particular parents for letting their under-teen kid play the game.

Then it kinda died.

And then it resurrected a bit for one more go.

Hopefully it dies again. No one is really benefiting from that line of discussion.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io

I love how you just nit picked and quoted a section of what I said. Did you read everything else I wrote? Or did you just ignore it to try to get your point further?

I was referring to the additions of foxes and raccoons. That is how the whole "children play this game too" discussion came about.

Please.

that...isn't what I meant by that. it was just the part of your post I was specifically responding to. I must've misunderstood what you said. I do agree with your initial post.
    6riwm5.png
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    If I can make normal foxes, then that means I can also make alien foxes! The perfect thing for my scientist Sim, now that he has a toddler.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2017
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    I already have a fox in TS4:
    night.jpg

Definitely love that Fox and she looks like she needs a home. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I love foxes and think they are so cute and not all foxes breeds are the same, some can be domesticated and some cannot. However Sims is an game and in Sims you can have whatever you want in your game knowing in RL it just is not possible. You had Bigfoot, you had other creatures of fantasy and the macabre. So having foxes is nothing new and it will be interesting.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen

Please.

that...isn't what I meant by that. it was just the part of your post I was specifically responding to. I must've misunderstood what you said. I do agree with your initial post.

Oh alright. Thats fine. Perhaps I too misunderstood. My apologies.
  • HyunHeeHyunHee Posts: 390 Member
    edited September 2017
    I'm fine with having a few wild animals in my game. I can have a 'wild rescue center' if I wanted to. Also I'm getting bore of people trying to start a agurement with people who have other opinions. Try that with me...It be your last with me. @Dreamie209 you go gurl. lol
    2vc864m.jpg

• Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited September 2017
    Raccoons and red foxes would not make ideal pets in real life. Raccoons would create all sorts of havic in your home. Red foxes have a distinct odor to them. Neither are domesticated.

That said, this is a game that is not completely merged in reality. When was the last time bigfoot cared for your children? When was the last time you got chased by a mummy? Have you ever met a real vampire, werewolf, or zombie? I have never seen a cow plant in real life, but I play them all the time. The fox and the raccoon will most likely act the same as the dog and cat. It is up to the parent to teach the difference.
    I have met a real vampire and we are very married. This is The Truth.
    6riwm5.png
    The funny thing is I really don't remember any of this being a issue until now. In Sims 2 we had raccoons and skunks. You could tell your sims children to adults to go pet the wild skunk. They usually ended up getting sprayed. I don't remember there being any community upset about that, nor have I heard of anyone going out to give it a shot in RL because they saw it in the game.
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    The funny thing is I really don't remember any of this being a issue until now. In Sims 2 we had raccoons and skunks. You could tell your sims children to adults to go pet the wild skunk. They usually ended up getting sprayed. I don't remember there being any community upset about that, nor have I heard of anyone going out to give it a shot in RL because they saw it in the game.

I'm guessing people just have a lot of feelings about ts4 in general. people are especially critical of it even over rather minute things. plus yelling on the Internet about things has only increased in popularity over the years.
    6riwm5.png

I'm guessing people just have a lot of feelings about ts4 in general. people are especially critical of it even over rather minute things. plus yelling on the Internet about things has only increased in popularity over the years.

I agree.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited September 2017

Those Sims should have had the "bad smell" vibe for about 3 Sims weeks! That's the time it took a friend of ours to get rid of their stink when they disturbed a skunk under a cabin they had. :# British foxes can be kept as pets but to put it in the vernacular "They don't arf stink" and as I found on another site "Something to bear in mind is that all species of fox will u rinate on what they want to be theirs. This cannot be curbed by neutering, litter training or even domestication as the domesticated Siberian silver foxes still do this" (I expect that won't be allowed in the game though). Shame!

Kids should love it!

edited September 2017
    Mchap353 wrote: »

Those Sims should have had the "bad smell" vibe for about 3 Sims weeks! That's the time it took a friend of ours to get rid of their stink when they disturbed a skunk under a cabin they had. :# British foxes can be kept as pets but to put it in the vernacular "They don't arf stink" and as I found on another site "Something to bear in mind is that all species of fox will u rinate on what they want to be theirs. This cannot be curbed by neutering, litter training or even domestication as the domesticated Siberian silver foxes still do this" (I expect that won't be allowed in the game though). Shame!

Kids should love it!

Like I said before, it is not completely merged in reality. The time it takes for skunk smell to dissipate in the game is not the same as it would be in reality.

Fox have scent glands that produce a musky odor. Some say it is like a light skunk aroma that becomes stronger during mating season. And they do like to mark their territory. A guy put up a video about all of the cleaning he does in his home in order to keep the smell at bay. The fennec fox smells the least.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

That's because now we are all politically correct (or told to be) and now people have supersized feelings that everyone else has to step gingerly around as not to hurt their feelings.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    This is where the Sims4 cartoony style scores as you can get away with a lot more fantasy in that mode.
    I would like to see bears rummaging in the rubbish bins again too. I wonder if the foxes and raccoons in the game will do that? Foxes tear up any rubbish bags left lying around in the uk.
  • whyaccesswhyaccess Posts: 182 Member
    I don't if I am the only one but I would like to see the wild horses, deer, and unicorns come into the game, maybe parrots, macaws, toucans, cockatoos, peacocks, ravens, chickens.
    I imagine if they go the wild horses route again, them wild thangs will probably be restricted to a certain world. I'd like that actually. A nice sizable and scenic world dedicated to horses and all their many hobbies. Something akin to Appaloosa Plains.
    6riwm5.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top