Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You can own foxes (AND RACCOONS!)

Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
It was just confirmed by Grant that foxes can be owned and created in cas.

So for those of you upset about no horses, apparently foxes replaced them.

Wonder if we can own racoons too or any other animals not yet confirmed, if any.

Now confirmed you can own Raccoons as well and create them in create a sim!

Source: http://simscommunity.info/2017/08/22/no-cats-dogs-expansion-pack-wont-only-have-cats-and-dogs/
e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
Post edited by Zeldaboy180 on

Comments

• Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    It was just confirmed by Grant that foxes can be owned and created in cas.

So for those of you upset about no horses, apparently foxes replaced them.

Wonder if we can own racoons too or any other animals not yet confirmed, if any.

Yah, we can own foxes. There so cute, and small. I can make a family that mostly animis, and canadian
  • plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    *Cuteness goes through the roof and causes the universe to explode*

Awwww, yeah, I love foxes! I have done since I was a little kid. My Sims are going to having a pet fox or two, that's for sure :D
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited August 2017
    Finally some news that somewhat interest me. I really like how the foxes look compared to the pets a little bit. I actually liked the "fox and the Hound" (I had a slight Disney memory moment lol) scenario they had in the trailer <3 so cute. It would be cute to have a fox.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Oh wow that's neat! Glad we got something a lil extra since there are no horses. This news is pure gravy to me!
    6riwm5.png
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    This pack releases on my brother's birthday. I am going to make Todd and Copper in his honor, he loved that movie. He laughs at my playing The Sims in my 30s but whatever.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    This just took bizarre to a whole new level. Foxes are dangerous animals. I would have loved to be in the group meeting when they thought it was a good idea to let Sims OWN THEM. How did they justify this?
  • CandyGunpowderCandyGunpowder Posts: 9 New Member
    > @Chazzzy said:
    > This just took bizarre to a whole new level. Foxes are dangerous animals. I would have loved to be in the group meeting when they thought it was a good idea to let Sims OWN THEM. How did they justify this?

I would have liked to sit in on the meeting where they thought Bigfoot was a good idea back in the Sims 2. I'm still irked about that. I mean Sims could invite him to live in their household and care for their /children./

I really am appalled.
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    > @Chazzzy said:
    > This just took bizarre to a whole new level. Foxes are dangerous animals. I would have loved to be in the group meeting when they thought it was a good idea to let Sims OWN THEM. How did they justify this?

I would have liked to sit in on the meeting where they thought Bigfoot was a good idea back in the Sims 2. I'm still irked about that. I mean Sims could invite him to live in their household and care for their /children./

I really am appalled.

He's basically a free uncle though. I hate paying full price for uncles.
    6riwm5.png
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    Oh, I do love foxes a lot! This news makes me happy, happier than the fox hoodie in the toddlers sp. <3 I've always wanted an unusual pet, I would own an entire safari if I could... Anyone remember that one movie about the girl and the fox fyi? *Slightly* off topic, but I remember really liking it when I was younger (*probably* making myself look extra stupid, if it's called the girl and the fox I'll scream..) Well anyway, I hope we'll be able to teach them tricks and stuff, maybe make a few fennec foxes and hopefully be able to take foxes in from the wild, if it turns out we can do that (although I think that's sooorta illegal irl, so maybe don't do that? Unless the fox is injured and you're temporarily caring for them or smth...) I do hope we'll get horses and such in a later pack, though.

This is a fennec fox, fyi:
    cf3e70f380724ef46e96.jpg
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    Foxes?? :o how nice! That's the right way...exotic pets. I want more <3

Foxes are dangerous, true. But they're adorable, no way to deny it
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    So a wild animal is confirmed to be a pet, but no cute small domestic animals? That just makes this pack sound worse.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    edited August 2017
    I'll be honest, cats and dogs don't appeal to me that much, but foxes are just cool. I want a cool pet, so I'm glad they've included them. B)

Also:
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    This just took bizarre to a whole new level. Foxes are dangerous animals. I would have loved to be in the group meeting when they thought it was a good idea to let Sims OWN THEM. How did they justify this?
    http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20160912-a-soviet-scientist-created-the-only-tame-foxes-in-the-world
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Probably because according to the game code, they're just small dogs with orange fur.
    Like how raccoons are just stripy-tailed cats that like garbage.

Why lock out the players from content?
    wJbomAo.png
  • aquabluefoxaquabluefox Posts: 74 Member
    I was fairly certain that I wouldn't even think about getting this pack, since the previous expansion packs have all disappointed and I didn't like the previous pets expansion packs that much, but they might have just hooked me a bit. Foxes. <3
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Well this just made this pack go from an Eventually get to Want it Right Away Please and Thank You.
    ~ ~ ~
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited August 2017
    So a wild animal is confirmed to be a pet, but no cute small domestic animals? That just makes this pack sound worse.

Exactly! That's like having a mediocre version of a pet tiger. Can't have him around your toddlers.
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    [quote="Chazzzy;c-15977575"]This just took bizarre to a whole new level. Foxes are dangerous animals. I would have loved to be in the group meeting when they thought it was a good idea to let Sims OWN THEM. How did they justify this?[/quote]

There's domesticated foxes though, look up Fennec Foxes. <3
  • danishmuffindanishmuffin Posts: 82 Member
    Some people keep foxes as pets, plus Russians have been breeding sort-of domestic foxes since 1959. I'm looking forward to it, especially since I was already over the moon about cats, dogs, and vets- this is just the icing on the cake!
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    edited August 2017
    I already have a fox in TS4:
    night.jpg
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    You guys with the fox pics are killin' me with cuteness! <3

My sims need foxes...!
    #Team Occult
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    If we have wolves or can make a convincing one in CAP it will be the end of me! I love foxes, but having a wolf pet will be perfect!
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I love that foxes are in with cats and dogs. Since they're still working on the pack, this means we could get bobcats or ocelots and wolves.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top