Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Changes to minimum requirements for Cats & Dogs expansion pack

Comments

• katiecat391katiecat391 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi! I need a little bit of help figuring a few things out. I think I've checked everything else and it's fine, but I don't understand processors. Would Intel Core i5-7200 be able to run the game okay?

I'm also wondering about the DVD rom since I don't have a disk drive on this laptop--is that okay as long as I'm not trying to install a physical copy of Pets?

And I have the very minimum for the video RAM requirement, would that cause any problems?

Sorry for all the questions lol
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Hi! I need a little bit of help figuring a few things out. I think I've checked everything else and it's fine, but I don't understand processors. Would Intel Core i5-7200 be able to run the game okay?

I'm also wondering about the DVD rom since I don't have a disk drive on this laptop--is that okay as long as I'm not trying to install a physical copy of Pets?

And I have the very minimum for the video RAM requirement, would that cause any problems?

Sorry for all the questions lol

Need to know your whole laptop specs. They make dual core and quad core processors. This game requires quad core. What video card do you have? How much computer ram? Do you know your make and model laptop?

You can download this whole game. Even the DVD version of this game is for show for those who collect game boxes. You need to download the game anyway.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    I am happy to see the "Changes to minimum requirements for Cats & Dogs expansion packs", or any Packs. :)
    Because you can not Stay In The Pass and Move Foward.
    So, of course, we want the best games, So now we must also be picky with our computers. I so need a new computer. :|
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
    > Need to know your whole laptop specs. They make dual core and quad core processors. This game requires quad core. What video card do you have? How much computer ram? Do you know your make and model laptop?
    >
    > You can download this whole game. Even the DVD version of this game is for show for those who collect game boxes. You need to download the game anyway.

Oh, sorry! The RAM is 8 GB. The laptop is an HP Pavillion x360 (I hope that's what you're looking for?) and I'm not sure how to find the name of the video card but it says 128 MB dedicated video memory.
    > Need to know your whole laptop specs. They make dual core and quad core processors. This game requires quad core. What video card do you have? How much computer ram? Do you know your make and model laptop?
    >
    > You can download this whole game. Even the DVD version of this game is for show for those who collect game boxes. You need to download the game anyway.

Oh, sorry! The RAM is 8 GB. The laptop is an HP Pavillion x360 (I hope that's what you're looking for?) and I'm not sure how to find the name of the video card but it says 128 MB dedicated video memory.

The games requirements are for desktop, not laptop. laptop hardware is much weaker than desktop hardware. You can not compare laptop hardware to desktop hardware requirements unless you have a higher end gaming laptop

With HP they have many different configurations with the HP x360. Is does look like the i5 is only dual core. Most of them have integrated video cards which means the video card and processor are one. A proper gaming dedicated video card will not have 128 gb video memory. These kinds of laptops are not designed to run 3d games like the sims. You could shorten the life span of your laptop playing this game. If that is the case of integrated processor/video card the laptop is below requirements and you may have issues running the Cats and Dogs EP. EA won't give you your money back if you cant run the ep
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > katiecat391 wrote: »
    >
    > > Need to know your whole laptop specs. They make dual core and quad core processors. This game requires quad core. What video card do you have? How much computer ram? Do you know your make and model laptop?
    > >
    > > You can download this whole game. Even the DVD version of this game is for show for those who collect game boxes. You need to download the game anyway.
    >
    > Oh, sorry! The RAM is 8 GB. The laptop is an HP Pavillion x360 (I hope that's what you're looking for?) and I'm not sure how to find the name of the video card but it says 128 MB dedicated video memory.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The games requirements are for desktop, not laptop. laptop hardware is much weaker than desktop hardware. You can not compare laptop hardware to desktop hardware requirements unless you have a higher end gaming laptop
    >
    > With HP they have many different configurations with the HP x360. Is does look like the i5 is only dual core. Most of them have integrated video cards which means the video card and processor are one. A proper gaming dedicated video card will not have 128 gb video memory. These kinds of laptops are not designed to run 3d games like the sims. You could shorten the life span of your laptop playing this game. If that is the case of integrated processor/video card the laptop is below requirements and you may have issues running the Cats and Dogs EP. EA won't give you your money back if you cant run the ep

Alright. I'll have to debate this then, if it's worth risking to see if it'll run or not. Thanks so much for the quick responses, I appreciate it so much :)
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > katiecat391 wrote: »
    >
    > > Need to know your whole laptop specs. They make dual core and quad core processors. This game requires quad core. What video card do you have? How much computer ram? Do you know your make and model laptop?
    > >
    > > You can download this whole game. Even the DVD version of this game is for show for those who collect game boxes. You need to download the game anyway.
    >
    > Oh, sorry! The RAM is 8 GB. The laptop is an HP Pavillion x360 (I hope that's what you're looking for?) and I'm not sure how to find the name of the video card but it says 128 MB dedicated video memory.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The games requirements are for desktop, not laptop. laptop hardware is much weaker than desktop hardware. You can not compare laptop hardware to desktop hardware requirements unless you have a higher end gaming laptop
    >
    > With HP they have many different configurations with the HP x360. Is does look like the i5 is only dual core. Most of them have integrated video cards which means the video card and processor are one. A proper gaming dedicated video card will not have 128 gb video memory. These kinds of laptops are not designed to run 3d games like the sims. You could shorten the life span of your laptop playing this game. If that is the case of integrated processor/video card the laptop is below requirements and you may have issues running the Cats and Dogs EP. EA won't give you your money back if you cant run the ep

Alright. I'll have to debate this then, if it's worth risking to see if it'll run or not. Thanks so much for the quick responses, I appreciate it so much :)

If your laptop is lower end I would wait to buy this ep. EA won't tell us what is in it. Once people install it we can get a better idea of how much more demanding this ep is going to make the game. . I'm sure we will update this thread once we know more info and what issues this ep might bring.
    Your very welcome
  • Izzeh96Izzeh96 Posts: 152 Member
    Can anyone help me figure out if I can play on my laptop? It's a Medion Erazer P6661 I only got it a year ago so getting a new one isn't going to happen anytime soon.
    I can play the the game with all DLC on high/extra high settings right now but I don't know if the specs are good enough to run it with Cats & Dogs installed. I also don't know how to figure out what the specs are exactly. I'd really appreciate any help :)
    B9uC3gV.png?1
    One of my WIP's

My build showcase
    English isn't my first language but I'm like 90% fluent.
    Izzeh96 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me figure out if I can play on my laptop? It's a Medion Erazer P6661 I only got it a year ago so getting a new one isn't going to happen anytime soon.
    I can play the the game with all DLC on high/extra high settings right now but I don't know if the specs are good enough to run it with Cats & Dogs installed. I also don't know how to figure out what the specs are exactly. I'd really appreciate any help :)

@rosemow can you please post DxDiag instructions. Thanks
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member

@rosemow can you please post DxDiag instructions. Thanks

Hello @Izzeh96
    Could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file here
    This is my DxDiag info
    B9uC3gV.png?1
    One of my WIP's

My build showcase
  • cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    edited September 2017
    "U" Is a dual core so you will probably have problems sadly if not already and someone else will have to find if theres a GPU or not because dual graphics dxdiag confuse me :D

EDIT: its a 950M chip so you at least got that out of the way, but no idea why its paired with a dual core.
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
    This is my DxDiag info

Your laptop falls in a gray area of being above minimum requirements and below recommended. You have a dual core processor and the game requires quad core. Your video card is slightly below recommended requirements. You may have to lower your in game resolution or settings. We don't know what is in this ep. You may be fine.
    cale2003 wrote: »
    "U" Is a dual core so you will probably have problems sadly if not already and someone else will have to find if theres a GPU or not because dual graphics dxdiag confuse me :D

EDIT: its a 950M chip so you at least got that out of the way, but no idea why its paired with a dual core.

The 950m card is ddr3 vram not ddr5. They do sell some 950m with ddr 5 but it's rare you will find them. This is why we recommend GTX 960m or above which are ddr 5 vram

They make different laptops for different computing tasks . You might also find laptops and desktops with a very powerful processor and a very low end video card
    This is my DxDiag info

Your laptop falls in a gray area of being above minimum requirements and below recommended. You have a dual core processor and the game requires quad core. Your video card is slightly below recommended requirements. You may have to lower your in game resolution or settings. We don't know what is in this ep. You may be fine.

Thank you for your help! I wouldn't mind just having to change my settings a bit, we'll see :)
    B9uC3gV.png?1
    One of my WIP's

My build showcase

The 950m card is ddr3 vram not ddr5. They do sell some 950m with ddr 5 but it's rare you will find them. This is why we recommend GTX 960m or above which are ddr 5 vram

They make different laptops for different computing tasks . You might also find laptops and desktops with a very powerful processor and a very low end video card

i think they should be fine gpu wise with reduced settings, but i dont know why they didnt pair it with a 2/4 CPU. Stupid imo
    PC Specs:
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    6685561181.png
    edited September 2017
    This is my DxDiag info

Thank you for your help! I wouldn't mind just having to change my settings a bit, we'll see :)

Your very welcome. You do have a newer dual core. Newer than the old requirements of this game so you may be fine. Your video card is fine. You have enough ram. Your laptop is in much better shape than some others in here with integrated graphics/processors. I think you will be able to run it though maybe not on ultra but time will tell.
    they being the laptop company sorry it wont let me edit
    PC Specs:
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    6685561181.png

i think they should be fine gpu wise with reduced settings, but i dont know why they didnt pair it with a 2/4 CPU. plum imo

Some people need a better video card than having a quad core processor. It is a newer more powerful dual core. It would be fine for the sims 3 because that game does not require quad core. That game is more video card than processor.
    One more question, would it help if I got rid of some cc? I have about 7.5 gigs of it, so is there a possibility that it might run better with Cats & Dogs installed if I had less cc?
    B9uC3gV.png?1
    One of my WIP's

My build showcase
    One more question, would it help if I got rid of some cc? I have about 7.5 gigs of it, so is there a possibility that it might run better with Cats & Dogs installed if I had less cc?

It might. 3rd party CC has higher poly count than EA made items for this game. Wait until you add the new ep. See how it is running and decide from there if lowering your settings, resolution or getting rid of CC might help.
  • DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    edited September 2017
    Will my computer be able to run this?

Processor: Intel Core i5-4570T CPU @ 2.9GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.9GHz
    Video card: nVidia GeForce GTX 750Ti (2Gb)
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
    edited September 2017
    Denimjo wrote: »
    Will my computer be able to run this?

Processor: Intel Core i5-4570T CPU @ 2.9GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.9GHz
    Video card: nVidia GeForce GTX 750Ti (2Gb)

Your video card meets recommended requirements . Looking up that processor it's a dual core and the game requires quad core . I don't know if your processor will be an issue because EA has not stated how much this game is going to effect a processor or video card. . Your on desktop so you may be just fine. You may have to lower your settings. Time will tell
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Will anyone be able to help me to see if my laptop can run it? Right now I play with everything on high without any problem, but I just want to be sure.
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    Video Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 560M
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24