Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Changes to minimum requirements for Cats & Dogs expansion pack

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    BabySquare wrote: »

If you have a 64 bit version of windows and playing the 64 bit version of the game it will use up more computer ram and you will have less ram to run other programs if you have 8gb computer ram total. This would be worse for someone who has an integrated video card processor who is trying to run the game, processor, video card, origin , windows and other programs all on the same 8gb ram

But it is doable on 64 bit with 8 gb of ram?

Yes as along as you have a dedicated video card separate from your computer ram which you have. I can't tell you if you will have to lower your graphic settings on your 630m . Time will tell when you add the ep. No one knows how much more demanding this ep is going to be or how someones hardware is going to react to the ep if your computer is under recommended requirements. As I mentioned to you before, your video card is the only hardware in your computer that is under recommended requirements. I think you should be ok.

People with integrated graphics/processor are already having issues with just the new patch. It's unfortunate for those who don't have computer's that meet requirements with all their hardware and we are slowly telling people they need to buy a new computer to continue playing. Especially those on laptop

I think my laptop will be okay its a handy down, but its new ..It has 64 bit, and install I sims 4 , and 3. They run perfectly fine

Hello @Horrorgirl6
    You may like to post what your laptop model, processor, graphics card and ram are , and simmers can advise you how think that you may go with the new Ep.

I have my fathers computer if it dose not work on my laptop. Here are some what know its windows 8.1 HP, It's GB 907 I have 813 GB left over. I haven't check my specs yet .

we would need to know video card, processor, amount of computer ram

Can you tell where to find that out?. Well, found my 8.00 GB . 6.96 Gb usable ram wise .I think this my laptop model except mine has windows 8 .http://laptopmedia.com/review/hp-pavilion-17-2016-review-affordable-powerful-distant-from-its-predecessor/ So probably can play the game just nt for verrylong periods of time

we need your exact make and model. If the processor and video card are integrated you may have issues. HP makes a lot of same laptop make but they have different models

That is going be truoble , than it might be limited .Processer
    Amd A4 - 6210 APU with AMD Radeon R3 Graphics E1.8hz
    I know it probably dosesn't work. My pc number is hp pavilion pc 00258-61876-72733

that is integrated and low end. it might give you trouble

Well since it might, I probably could risk it. If not I'll install it on my dad s . The reason i'm hopeful is that my laptop runs both game s fine with no issue. I also have the GB requirements and the ram.

Your video card and processor need to meet requirements too not just the ram . Your laptop processor/video card are way below requirements to run the game
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,186 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »

If you have a 64 bit version of windows and playing the 64 bit version of the game it will use up more computer ram and you will have less ram to run other programs if you have 8gb computer ram total. This would be worse for someone who has an integrated video card processor who is trying to run the game, processor, video card, origin , windows and other programs all on the same 8gb ram

But it is doable on 64 bit with 8 gb of ram?

Yes as along as you have a dedicated video card separate from your computer ram which you have. I can't tell you if you will have to lower your graphic settings on your 630m . Time will tell when you add the ep. No one knows how much more demanding this ep is going to be or how someones hardware is going to react to the ep if your computer is under recommended requirements. As I mentioned to you before, your video card is the only hardware in your computer that is under recommended requirements. I think you should be ok.

People with integrated graphics/processor are already having issues with just the new patch. It's unfortunate for those who don't have computer's that meet requirements with all their hardware and we are slowly telling people they need to buy a new computer to continue playing. Especially those on laptop

I think my laptop will be okay its a handy down, but its new ..It has 64 bit, and install I sims 4 , and 3. They run perfectly fine

Hello @Horrorgirl6
    You may like to post what your laptop model, processor, graphics card and ram are , and simmers can advise you how think that you may go with the new Ep.

I have my fathers computer if it dose not work on my laptop. Here are some what know its windows 8.1 HP, It's GB 907 I have 813 GB left over. I haven't check my specs yet .

we would need to know video card, processor, amount of computer ram

Can you tell where to find that out?. Well, found my 8.00 GB . 6.96 Gb usable ram wise .I think this my laptop model except mine has windows 8 .http://laptopmedia.com/review/hp-pavilion-17-2016-review-affordable-powerful-distant-from-its-predecessor/ So probably can play the game just nt for verrylong periods of time

we need your exact make and model. If the processor and video card are integrated you may have issues. HP makes a lot of same laptop make but they have different models

That is going be truoble , than it might be limited .Processer
    Amd A4 - 6210 APU with AMD Radeon R3 Graphics E1.8hz
    I know it probably dosesn't work. My pc number is hp pavilion pc 00258-61876-72733

that is integrated and low end. it might give you trouble

Well since it might, I probably could risk it. If not I'll install it on my dad s . The reason i'm hopeful is that my laptop runs both game s fine with no issue. I also have the GB requirements and the ram.

Your video card and processor need to meet requirements too not just the ram . Your laptop processor/video card are way below requirements to run the game

Okay than i'll install it on my dad s .
  • DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited September 2017
    This is nuts; EA really should warn people more about the requirements changing spontaneously like this! Luckily I'm not too bothered about TS4 (though I think I hit the requirements anyways) but they should at least allow refunds for this expansion, especially since it ups the requirements so much for the game. As someone who broke their desktop's integrated graphics card with TS3 Into the Future (I was a naive 13 year old who knew nothing about PC hardware at the time) it would be nice if they were a bit louder about requirement changes with expansion packs! :/

ANYWAYS, just in case I decide to get TS4 Cats and Dogs at some point, are my system requirements ok to play? I'm pretty sure it should be good to go, but I want to be 100% sure. It's specs are:

Windows 10
    Intel Core i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.59 GHz
    16.0GB RAM (15.9GB usable)
    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    NVIDIA Geforce GTX 950M
    It's got a 4K screen, but I pretty much play games exclusively at 1080p.

It's also a laptop (fun fact: I bought it for my college work (AKA Photoshop and Illustrator) not for gaming, hence why it's specs are a bit weird) so I know that affects the situation a bit. ;)

Its under recommended requirements to run this whole game. None of us know how powerful this new ep is going to make the game only that it will up the game.

Your processor is a dual core and the game requires quad core on desktop so you do really need a more powerful quad core on laptop. This game is processor heavy

The 950m card . You video should not game at higher resolutions like 1080p if your 950m is ddr 3 vram. You need a ddr5 vram card to handle 1080p Some 950m cards are ddr5 vram

You might be OK. some suggestions on how to reduce stress should your game start to lag

You can lower your game resolution in launcher options, you can tick off laptop mode, you can lower your game settings and play in windowed mode. You can try one of these or a combination of these but all will take stress off your laptop. You would have to play with the settings to see what works best for you

Own a laptop cooler if you don't own one. Gaming uses a lot more power and can generate heat. Heat can to damage to any computer with out proper cooling.

Thanks! I've been good so far with TS4 (I play on ultra graphics with 2048x1152 resolution and it runs pretty much immaculately barring the occasional lag spike) so I should be good for later expansions; I'll probably just end up turning my settings down if it starts being a bit laggy!

And I need to invest in a laptop cooler, but I'm lacking the cash right now, so I just improvise by keeping the vents as clear as possible and fanning it occasionally! :P
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    Can my laptop run cats and dogs? https://pastebin.com/wpLCY46Z
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member

https://pastebin.com/wpLCY46Z
    Here :)
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

the video card 920m is a low end video card and the processor is dual core so I have no idea if it will run pets. We don't know if the ep will up the video card and processor requirements but you may hove trouble . your laptop is lower end
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,186 Member

the video card 920m is a low end video card and the processor is dual core so I have no idea if it will run pets. We don't know if the ep will up the video card and processor requirements but you may hove trouble . your laptop is lower end

I have a question would it help for low-end computers have laptop mode on for pets and dogs?

I have a question would it help for low-end computers have laptop mode on for pets and dogs?

I have no idea. We don't know what is in the ep and how much it will effect a computer. I can only tell you if your computer is below minimum requirements , in between or meet recommended requirements. Your laptop is below minimum requirements on processor and video card
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    Callum2000 wrote: »

I disagree because Sims isn't a very hard core game that many gamers who are serious about it would play.

I think many simblrs and fans would disagree with you that they aren't serious gamers with the time they spend on the sims. Why can't it be better? Better graphics, better engine? You do realize that the more resources the developers can use, the better things will be in-game.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • 911TruthBear911TruthBear Posts: 626 Member
    Looks like I need to swap outmy hard drive and add some memory!
  • ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    Question though what exactly about the EP is going to raise the requirements of the game? is it just the Pets themselves that will raise the requirements or the game itself (as in including Base Game) will raise in hardware needed to play it? It's just not clear to me what exactly is causing the raise of the requirements, the animation of the Pets in the EP or everything about the Base Game as well?
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

edited September 2017
    Question though what exactly about the EP is going to raise the requirements of the game? is it just the Pets themselves that will raise the requirements or the game itself (as in including Base Game) will raise in hardware needed to play it? It's just not clear to me what exactly is causing the raise of the requirements, the animation of the Pets in the EP or everything about the Base Game as well?

We don't have all the answers. EA has not revealed what is exactly in this new ep. Every time you add more to this game it will put more pressure on your video card and processor. They also upped the ram required to 4gb just for the game. You do need extra ram to run windows , origin and other programs on your computer while running the game. Really your computer should have 8gb ram or more with a 64 bit version of windows plus a dedicated video card that has it's own ram separate from the computer ram. . EA puts out recommended requirements for a reason. This is to insure you survive all the add ons to the game. If you fall under the recommended requirements you may not survive the game or all the add ons. With the sims 3 some eps were more demanding than others. Pets is the most demanding EP in the sims 3. It could be a game itself. Seasons is not far behind. You do need a good gaming computer to run it. We suspect that the pets ep will raise the game for TS4. If they add seasons that will also be a game changer.

This game requires a mid range gaming desktop. Laptop hardware is weaker than desktop hardware. If playing on laptop you need a much higher gaming laptop to equal the requirements on desktop. If you are playing on a lower end laptop there is a good chance you may not survive the whole game with all it's add ons. If your laptop falls behind in being able to run this game you would have to quit playing or invest in a computer that meets requirements. Laptops are throw away computers. You can not upgrade processor and video card. You are stuck with the specs you buy.
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I don't have my exact speca with me. My computer is however a laptop. I know it's meets some but will it run on laptops at all?
    I don't have my exact speca with me. My computer is however a laptop. I know it's meets some but will it run on laptops at all?

We would need to know your laptop specs. All we can do is tell you if your laptop is below minimum requirements, falls somewhere in between or meets the recommended requirements. If you have a lower end laptop you may have trouble adding this ep . We don't know what is in the ep only that EA has upped the computer requirements. If you think your laptop is low end i suggest waiting to buy the ep until after release so we have a better idea how powerful this new ep is going to be and what issues low end laptop may have running this ep.
  • boopishboopish Posts: 143 Member
    edited September 2017
    I have an Intel Core i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20 GHz (I don't know anything about computers, that's my processor) as well as the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 (graphics card) Is that good enough?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    edited September 2017
    boopish wrote: »
    I have an Intel Core i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20 GHz. Is that good enough? (I don't know anything about computers, that's my processor?)

Hello @boopish
    Could you also please post what the ram and graphics card is also. If you are unsure what they are, you can post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file here

Your processor is good to handle the new EP.

I have an Intel Core i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20 GHz. Is that good enough? (I don't know anything about computers, that's my processor?)

Hello @boopish
    Could you also please post what the ram and graphics card is also.

yes, graphics card is Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070, and I have 32 GB of RAM.

Hello @boopish

Your computer will be good to handle the new ep :) It is above the recommended requirements.

Hello @boopish

Your computer will be good to handle the new ep :) It is above the recommended requirements.

Thanks! I wasn't sure how my processor and graphics card compared to those listed.

Hello @boopish

Thanks! I wasn't sure how my processor and graphics card compared to those listed.

You’re welcome :) We don’t know how the ep will run on computers until it is released , but with your computer system details it should handle it good.
    I have an Intel Core i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20 GHz (I don't know anything about computers, that's my processor) as well as the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 (graphics card) Is that good enough?

Those specs meet and exceed recommended requirements. You should not have an issue
  • farrahlove2017farrahlove2017 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello. I'm new here and I was wondering if my computer will be able to run the new EP, please?

Windows 10
    Intel® Core™ i5-6400
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 950 2 Go
    RAM 8 Go - 3 To HDD + 96 Go SSD
    1TB hybrid HDD with 8GB of flash memory

Thank you :)
    Hello. I'm new here and I was wondering if my computer will be able to run the new EP, please?

Windows 10
    Intel® Core™ i5-6400
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 950 2 Go
    RAM 8 Go - 3 To HDD + 96 Go SSD
    1TB hybrid HDD with 8GB of flash memory

Thank you :)

You meet recommended requirements so you should be able to run anything that gets added to the game
  • farrahlove2017farrahlove2017 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > farrahlove2017 wrote: »
    >
    > Hello. I'm new here and I was wondering if my computer will be able to run the new EP, please?
    >
    > Windows 10
    > Intel® Core™ i5-6400
    > Nvidia GeForce GTX 950 2 Go
    > RAM 8 Go - 3 To HDD + 96 Go SSD
    > 1TB hybrid HDD with 8GB of flash memory
    >
    > Thank you :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You meet recommended requirements so you should be able to run anything that gets added to the game

Perfect! Thank you so much!
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > farrahlove2017 wrote: »
    >
    > Hello. I'm new here and I was wondering if my computer will be able to run the new EP, please?
    >
    > Windows 10
    > Intel® Core™ i5-6400
    > Nvidia GeForce GTX 950 2 Go
    > RAM 8 Go - 3 To HDD + 96 Go SSD
    > 1TB hybrid HDD with 8GB of flash memory
    >
    > Thank you :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You meet recommended requirements so you should be able to run anything that gets added to the game

Perfect! Thank you so much!

Your very welcome