Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions about Cats & Dogs EP

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    can foxs breed with dogs in game
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • RiotLilyRiotLily Posts: 54 Member
    > @icmnfrsh said:
    > I read from some users that the gurus mentioned a treat that you can make or buy that will allow you to age pets manually.

> @Dannydanbo said:
    > I play with aging off, so this was a concern for me as sometimes I need to age up a sim. Cats and dogs will not age with aging off. And, yes, there is a pet treat that you can buy from a vending machine at the vets or make with a high enough skill in cooking.

Thanks!
  • AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member

Yes, on the livestream the gurus said yea and then mixed a fox and a foxhound
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

Yes, on the livestream the gurus said yea and then mixed a fox and a foxhound

cool
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Pets will stop aging if the aging is turned off for your Sims, but there will be a special treat in the Vet Clinic, which you can use in order to age pets manually. Pretty handy, I guess!
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member

Yes. Foxes are just a breed of dog basically.
    I guess we don't know anything about it yet, but I honestly hope there will be a Reward Store for pets! Where we'll be able to get a Fertility Treatment reward, or various other "traits" that will make the pet even more unique. Maybe not, though, because the hidden traits could work the way the reward traits do.
  • ChalkyMalkyChalkyMalky Posts: 120 Member
    Would the pets be born in litters, or as the same as normal sims?
    How will the pets die?
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited October 2017
    How will the pets die?

Three max.

Old age only.
    edited October 2017
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    How will the pets die?

Three max.

Old age only.

oh thank you
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    I wonder if we'll be able to walk multiple dogs at once?

I don't know what I'd do if I had to take my dogs out seperately IRL. Thank goodness Sims can't have asthma lol
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • SimmercatSimmercat Posts: 4 New Member
    [quote="Keori;c-15973748"]my question is are the pets able to breed/ woo hoo right? [/quote]

I was wondering that to...
  • dragonkiwiidragonkiwii Posts: 124 Member
    My guess is that there are only cats and dogs for now, and maybe a few wild animals? I mean, in the trailer I saw an animal that looked like a fox. But that could have been a cat. Or maybe I need new glasses
    i like anime and stuff
  • dragonkiwiidragonkiwii Posts: 124 Member
    > @AndreaTheHero said:
    > comicsforlife wrote: »
    >
    > can foxs breed with dogs in game
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes, on the livestream the gurus said yea and then mixed a fox and a foxhound

So there are foxes?
    i like anime and stuff
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    @SeaSide there are foxes and raccoons
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    LemDoodle wrote: »
    I wonder if we'll be able to walk multiple dogs at once?

I don't know what I'd do if I had to take my dogs out seperately IRL. Thank goodness Sims can't have asthma lol

My guess is that it would have to be one at a time. I could be wrong though.
    1FKDfKj.png
    Hopefully there would be someone who takes care of pets much like how nannys take care of kids .lol
    Maybe you'll be able to walk multiple? people do that irl, but i would imagine they would have a negative emotion from it :V
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    Hopefully there would be someone who takes care of pets much like how nannys take care of kids .lol
    Maybe you'll be able to walk multiple? people do that irl, but i would imagine they would have a negative emotion from it :V
    Lol I definitely get a negative emotion from it. My two girls are always tangling up each other's leashes lol. But it sure is a time saver!

Yeah, I'm assuming it's just gonna be one at a time too~ More exercise for our Sims!
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Maybe if your dog gets more disciplined, you'll be able to walk 2 dogs at once?
    Would love that to be honest. Because in real life dogs can be trained to ''stay'' so they won't run away when you unleash them. My sisters dog ran away once because he was still a puppy.
  • Razor5551PRazor5551P Posts: 1 New Member
    I can not find the answer any where maybe some one can help. In Sims 4 Cats and Dogs, can puppies and kittens go up and down steps like toddles do now, or do sims still have to carry them up the steps?
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    Will butlers be able to clean up the messes that cats and dogs make?
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited October 2017
    Razor5551P wrote: »
    I can not find the answer any where maybe some one can help. In Sims 4 Cats and Dogs, can puppies and kittens go up and down steps like toddles do now, or do sims still have to carry them up the steps?

In the vet live stream, they aged the cat to a kitten and then aged it back up to an adult. When it became an adult, the box that popped up letting you know it had aged up said that "she will now climb stairs." So, it doesn't sound like kittens and puppies can do that on their own, unfortunately, which I thought was weird, because even toddlers can do that. I guess we'll find out for sure either during next week's live stream or when the pack releases and we can test it ourselves.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
    This thread is actually pretty stunning, I learn something new every single day, and even though some bits of new information made me slightly disappointed for some aspects of the game, I'm still overly excited for other ones. Thank you for all your comments, guys and girls.

Does anyone know if family trees for pets are included this time around?
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    does anyone know if there is a pet social worker or if pets will be taken away if neglected.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    does anyone know if there is a pet social worker or if pets will be taken away if neglected.

yep.