Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mod support for sims 4 console

2...Next

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    LOW wrote: »
    @LOW

I highly doubt the dedicated modders will just "port" their mods unless they also play the game on console. They are normally just regular people who play the game, EA has nothing to do with the mods or those that create them. Maybe console gamers will get some of their community of players to create mods.

No what i mean is that Mods will have to be made by people who own the game on PC then they will have to be ported over.

You would have to convince those that create the mods to "port" them. Like I said, it is lots of work so unless they own a console, they most likely may not. I make some of my own mods for my PC game (not for other public use). If I made them public, I would never want to put in the extra work to port them for console.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    I don’t mind that there are no mods on console, I am happy with the stuff I get now, I do with what I get.
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
  • LanieBorneLanieBorne Posts: 74 Member
    They should probably just add cc and mod support for xbox at the moment, and work on PC. Might help with xbox sales as well...
  • AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    In a perfect world, I think EA should take a look at the most popular/demanded mods and kind of create versions for the console and allow players to pick and choose. That could even take the form of just creating a much more detailed options menu.

That said, I don't think that will happen. But I almost prefer it that way. I totally killed my TS3 game with a massive amount of CC (loading screens over half an hour long and freezing constantly) and I kind of like not having it available for console. It forces me to behave and not drown the game in hairstyles and clothes and furniture downloaded from all over the place. The limited nature of the game on console preserves my sanity in some ways since I'm not obsessed with combing through CC sites to find more to add to the game and I don't have to worry about breaking the game from sheer overload.
  • Cj901Cj901 Posts: 6 New Member
    They shouldn’t have focus on making mods for console just custom context so all my sims won’t end up looking the same and wearing the same things as i do now variety is needed
  • Frbreze101Frbreze101 Posts: 1 New Member
    But for ps4 Sony is strict just like how on fallout 4 there was no sound mods and ext
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited February 2019
    We wont have access to the gallery or to 4K so i doubt they will implement a feature that allows us to install mods.

We'll eventually get the gallery. I'd estimate by the end of this year.

Edit
    Didn't realize this was a Necro Thread till after I posted.
  • Sims_4_Dino_LoverSims_4_Dino_Lover Posts: 50 Member

floralney wrote: »
    Feels pretty lame to watch all these cool mods and custom content that I will apparently never get to use for my console... Would be nice to have access to the gallery also. I'm pretty sure everyone agrees we should be able to get mods and CC on consoles because without it you kind of feel cheated.

I think it'd be very problematic to add mods and custom content. I don't know how it is on xbox, but PS4 doesn't seem like something you'd be able to download things like that on.

Couldn’t you just use a a usb/flash drive? It makes a lot of sense! Mark which flash drive, has what mod/cc, and keep them in a bin near ur PS4 or Xbox! Amirite, or Amirite?
    Hi
  • Monda76Monda76 Posts: 50 Member
    It would be nice to have mods but even if we don’t get them still gonna play the game.
  • RinLeeSongRinLeeSong Posts: 2 New Member
    Would you ever turn the mods in to one of your packs
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    You would have to convince those that create the mods to "port" them. Like I said, it is lots of work so unless they own a console, they most likely may not. I make some of my own mods for my PC game (not for other public use). If I made them public, I would never want to put in the extra work to port them for console.

well, there are mods for skyrim on xbox one (and ps4) quite alot of them, which have been ported by the modders from PC, so I'd say there are plenty of modders who'd be willing to port their mods (or give other modders permission to port them), that does not seem to be an issue.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I want the gallery much more than I want mods
  • Reggie_C1Reggie_C1 Posts: 2 New Member
    :'( .... Is all I have to say about their neglect to console gamer's...
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top