Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Specific Cooking Mod Question

I hope it's ok to ask this question here. I posted this on MTS a week ago, but haven't gotten a response yet and I really want to install this. :) The Cooking and Ingredients Overhaul + More Nectar Ingredients by Cinderellimouse instructions from 2015 say
I am currently working on uploading different flavours of the Overhaul mod. For now please assume it requires all the expansion packs.

Does anyone use this without Pets installed? I want to know if installing without Pets will break the mod. I know it uses Pets for some of the new recipe ingredients, like carrots. Will those recipes just become inactive or will the game break? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    I had used it without other expansions installed, but not specifically pets and it did work fine. The only issue I ever encountered with the mod was I think there are certain recipes that don't have a multi serving option but still show up under serve dinner, which would cause the Sim to reset when it started the cooking process.

I would suggest making a test save with just the mod and the expansions packs you have installed and see if it works ok. That way if it doesn't work you can just take the mod out, clear your cache, and no damage will be done to your main save.

I will say though, that the mod is wonderful and really adds a lot to sim cooking.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast