Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Premades - 10 Years Later

Comments

• taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    This is my new favorite thread. Bookmarked!
  • caitybee73caitybee73 Posts: 121 Member
    This thread is lovely to read! I'm enjoying every new update.
  • simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    This thread is amazing, bookmarked :smile:
  • NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    Love this thread...amazing ideas/stories!! :)
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    Love this <3 Can't wait to see more.
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Im really excited to see Nancy's story! Love all the detail in your storytelling <3
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    It is so interesting to read what you have done to the premades! My premades have lived such different lives and I love the inspiration this thread is giving me.
    In my game the Pancakes got divorced after Eliza got pregnant from Don. Her daughter never met him though, since it was only a fling. Now Eliza is raising Iggy, another daughter from Bob and her daughter from Don. I played the Goth family story out that was in Sims 2. The Landgraabs never divorced in my game, but Nancy killed her husband by embarassing him in public. Their son Malcolm married Dina Caliente as she just looked at his money.
    Anyways, can't wait to see more!
  • simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    It is so interesting to read what you have done to the premades! My premades have lived such different lives and I love the inspiration this thread is giving me.
    In my game the Pancakes got divorced after Eliza got pregnant from Don. Her daughter never met him though, since it was only a fling. Now Eliza is raising Iggy, another daughter from Bob and her daughter from Don. I played the Goth family story out that was in Sims 2. The Landgraabs never divorced in my game, but Nancy killed her husband by embarassing him in public. Their son Malcolm married Dina Caliente as she just looked at his money.
    Anyways, can't wait to see more!

Your stories are fun too :smiley:
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Karma is a ...
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    Karma is a ...

Yup.
    I expected someone to say something about karma ;)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Yep, Johnny goes well with Zoe, they're both Goofballs. A Clumsy Goofball is especially endearing. It seems to go well with blogging, and you could even throw in a vlog or two. It's funny that they have a serious son. Later on, when he gets older, he can be the serious side to all the funny happenings. Oh, bwahahaha, how satisfying that Malcolm ended up in Johnny's old digs! Particularly to myself, you'll see why in a minute...

You see, in the Save where I started with Jordan, my concert pianist lady Sim, Johnny Zest kept visiting. He kept doing such sweet things, and was quite liberal with the Embraces (sigh) as well. So that, along with a bit of wardrobe advice from Jordan, saved him from being Friend Zoned. Before they got engaged, Johnny had to tell Jordan about the fact that his Mom, the Best Mom Ever, was actually his aunt.

From what I understand, Johnny's birth mother, Nancy, had gotten involved with Trevor DeMarcus, a young Sim who was...um... killing her softly with his song, so to speak. B) He asked her to travel with him, and they became a musical duo. Nancy loved the glitzy glam of the entertainment world. With her stunning platinum blonde looks and strong alto voice, she could really belt them out, captivating the audience and and drawing in the crowds. So getting preggers was definitely not in the plan. She had to drop out of the act just long enough to deliver Johnny. She was right back at it afterward.

You know it would be h-e-double-plum trying to raise a child on the road. Johnny's stays with Nancy's older sister, Carlee, and her minister husband, Big John (just a name coincidence), got longer and longer. Finally, when Johnny needed to get his schooling established, Nancy just gave up her parental rights, along with Johnny's dad.

The way Sims round here tell it, the act was never the same after that. Nancy and Trevor began fighting a lot, since he was Non-committal and Hotheaded. Trevor began seeing a groupie. Nancy tried going on with the act by herself, but Trevor was the songwriter of the duo, and his buddies were their bandmates. She saw her dreams melt away, and came back home to marry Geoffrey. Toward the end, Nancy had gotten involved with some rather unsavory sort of Sims, some friends of her father, borrowing money to continue her act. She has never been able to end that entanglement. Indeed, it seems to suit her, as she has moved up to management, as they say.

So that leads one to believe that Johnny had a bit of a rough adolescence. He went through a period of adjustment after finding out that Nancy, whom he knew as his somewhat cold and standoffish aunt, was actually his mother. They'd never really hit it off. Geoffrey tried to make him welcome, but Nancy was not interested in opening her heart again. She had burned that bridge. She cut Carlee and Big john out of her life as well, since they had different goals in life. They only reminded her of her ruined dreams, which she blamed on Johnny's arrival. Nancy hadn't remained in touch with Johnny's biological father, so Johnny wasn't able to look him up.

Of course, Malcolm out and out hated Johnny, considering himself Nancy's spoiled favorite. He went out of his way to mock Johnny, and once said that his Mother Was A Llama. (Right. Think about that one, Malcolm.) He even flirted with Johnny's younger sisters, Big John and Carlee's girls, who were actually his estranged cousins, eeeww! Malcolm rocked up to a family gathering in the park near Big John and Carlee's house. Johnny and Jordan had just gotten serious, so it was the big Meet The Folks event. Malcolm tried to ruin that as well, with his evil ways. Johnny and Malcolm ended up in a knock down, drag out. They've been Sworn Enemies ever since.

You can see why Johnny did feel drawn to the world of entertainment. Hear tell he was in a lot of high school productions, often playing the lead with his boy-next-door good looks. He especially loved the farcical plays. Humor helped him take the edge off his feelings, and during uni, he hooked up with a comedy troupe. Carlee was worried when he dropped out of school to pursue it full time. Big John, a biker turned pastor, realized that Johnny had found his niche, and supported him all that they could, with their limited means. Geoffrey would slip him a simoleon or two from time to time, when he could sneak it away from Nancy's controlling fingers.

But now, Johnny has started to become successful and well known in the comedy world. He's got a stable enough income to think about a family. He's won the endearment of my lovely and Cheerful Jordan. Will things continue to look up for him? (I doubt it. ;) )
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    nani wrote: »
    I knew that Johnny was a "unlisted" member of the Landgraab family but i always wondered where in the family he was ? The oldest son of Geoffrey maybe ? Where is he at least in your story ?

seeing Malcolm story, i'm guessing he was a brother ?
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• ToastyChanToastyChan Posts: 153 Member
    I LOVE this idea! It's really creative. Your characterisations are spot on and I like that you marry townies to each other instead of always creating new Sims. :)

tumblr_ouvz7lGxXa1v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    The Goth-Munch Family
    tumblr_ouxj1oMD961v8k7elo2_1280.jpg
    Cassandra - Musical Genius - Creative, Gloomy, Music Lover

I gotta say Cassandra looks super cute! She reminds me of someone but I can't quite figure out whom. Is there any chance you would put her up on the gallery?
    (Also that's my pose pack lol thanks for downloading)
    "I've always loved the M35-Mako. It's got a heart, you know?" - James Vega

Simblr: witchybot.tumblr.com
    EA ID: KaKaPeuPeu
    @Livin in Sim That's a seriously elaborate story. Very interesting to read.
    I knew that Johnny was a "unlisted" member of the Landgraab family but i always wondered where in the family he was ? The oldest son of Geoffrey maybe ? Where is he at least in your story ?

seeing Malcolm story, i'm guessing he was a brother ?

About that, I planned to write a story on that ages ago. I still intend to, so I'm not going to say anything on the subject, because of spoilers. Sorry.

@ToastyChan Thanks :) I can put her and her little family in the gallery. I'll do so tomorrow. And thanks for making those poses, I had a really hard time finding enough family poses for the various families I made for this project I think I spent about two days browsing Tumblr to find all of them (and for some images I was still forced to combine poses from various creator).

I hope the tags work as I am on mobile right now.
  • a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    This thread is amazing!! Can't wait to see what is in store for everyone else!
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    I love this thread so much! What a brilliant idea! :smiley: I adore the clever stories you've developed for them and the pictures are providing me with some serious fashion inspiration for when I hop into game and give them all makeovers soon.

I can't wait to see more! :smile:
  • PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    My only regret is not doing my own take on this first. Great idea! I think Cassandra and Wolfgang are my new favorite couple, to be honest. Here's to seeing more soon.
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I LOVE Malcolm's story. :D 'the plan to take over his mother’s crime syndicate, because it would take too long to start and grow his own' Of course, getting rich on other people's work. He's such a character!
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Negative Nancy
  • PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    Ah, Nancy, karma came and bit you squarely in the plum. And I'd feel bad for J but he brought it upon himself, so minimal sympathy is left to be had.
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    That is one unexpected thing, Nancy-Huntington !
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

Yeah... I don't like Nancy. So I actually should have put her in Malcolms situation, but she's Nancy, so it just seems unlikely she'd end up like that. But robbing her own son seemed like something she would do.

@ToastyChan I uploaded the Goth-Munch family to the Gallery. I gave them jobs and added a few skills to reflect their backstory. They do all have a full set of outfits that make use of items from various packs. You can find them here.
  • fiercephoenix91fiercephoenix91 Posts: 175 Member
    Again, totally enjoying this thread! :) I usually never play Premades, but ever since I started reading what you have done with many of them, I've played some of my own with stories in my head to play out as well. Definitely not my usual gameplay. So I need to give a Thank You for doing these!