Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I can't move sim households into empty town.

So I'm trying to populate empty world. And I seem to be having issues with that.
I have all lot set to 'Residental' and unfurnished but when I access the move in screen a box of dialogue above the household displays
"It seems that there aren't any empty lots in this town. You can go back to play an occupied lot, or edit the town to free one up" yet there are infact a town of empty lot with not one sim.

The household can afford all empty lots anyway so it shouldn't be an issue, except for the fact the game is not reconizing the empty lot.

All help is appreciated.
L9q8VGi.png

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Did you build this world yourself or someone else did? There could be routing issues with the world. If the world was built by someone else I would ask the creator.

@Rflong7 builds worlds and may be able to give you some advice with custom worlds
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I don't believe you can move a Family to an empty lot in Edit Town. There has to be a house on the lot. You'll have to add houses to those empty lots.

In Game Set up mode you can because they will be the active family.
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I don't believe you can move a Family to an empty lot in Edit Town. There has to be a house on the lot. You'll have to add houses to those empty lots.

In Game Set up mode you can because they will be the active family.

I tried that not long ago, had built a few wall and a door. Tried to move in a household from there but the game still denied me.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    Can you show a screenshot of the game while trying to place the family?
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Can you show a screenshot of the game while trying to place the family?
    I cannot for an unknown reason, the screenshots I take for some reason come out all black with the game borders (ShareX used and also not used).
    Did you build this world yourself or someone else did? There could be routing issues with the world. If the world was built by someone else I would ask the creator.

Yes, this world is a custom world made by a different person.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    It's hard to know without seeing. Since you said all the lots are unavailable then that seems like a world problem.

Can you try another Save of the world- start a new save from the main menu. And then try with a placed lot from the bin... see if that works?