Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Application has crashed. Application will now terminate."

So, the story is that I was minding my own business in Sims 2, but I got pretty bored, so I decided to make age conversions for clothing in body shop.
Everything was fine, after I got bored with age conversions for clothing I tried to go in Sims 2 again, but this happened:
"Application has crashed. Application will now terminate."

I can tell you it's not because of my CC, because all along I've had CC and I had no errors or glitches!
I need help. :confounded:
Even if I die, I'll still feel alive knowing that there are people that loved me. -Ryan Yamada
2lDWFwI.gif

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Have you tried removing the CC you just recently added? Like the ones you age converted or just downloaded? Just because previous CC works doesn't meant that all future CC that you install or make will work.

Have you deleted the cache files? Sometimes they get corrupted.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I would delete the Groups.cache, the Accessory. cache, and the Cigen.package files. You can also go into the neighborhoods folder, and delete the neighborhood manager file on the bottom of the list. If these files get corrupted or just to big they will stop the game from launching.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    How critical are those files to proper game functioning?

They are files that will regenerate once you launch the game again.
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    I would delete the Groups.cache, the Accessory. cache, and the Cigen.package files. You can also go into the neighborhoods folder, and delete the neighborhood manager file on the bottom of the list. If these files get corrupted or just to big they will stop the game from launching.

What is the cigen.package? I've been deleting groups and accessory for years but never touched the cigen one.
    edited August 2017

Not at all. The game will make new ones. The info they store is temporary files for the game to use. Unfortunately the game keeps adding and adding to it, so it can get corrupted or just to darn big. I used to delete them every play session, but I downloaded empty files, and set them to read only. So that the game never adds to them, it just reads the info every time I go in, it isn't stored anymore.

cleo00 wrote: »

What is the cigen.package? I've been deleting groups and accessory for years but never touched the cigen one.

You only have the Cigen.package if you have used body shop. It is the same as the others only it contains bodyshop temporary info instead of game items or CC info.

Edit: Links in case anyone else is interested.

Groups: http://www.mediafire.com/file/admhh81bsyyhda4/Groups.7z

Accessory: http://www.lee(addedspace)fish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=3821

just copy and remove the (addedspace) The forum has a issue with Leefish now apparently. :s

After plopping them in your folder, be sure to right click, go to properties, and set it to read only on the files. Then you wont have to worry about them anymore. :)

Post edited by JULES1111 on
    @JULES1111 Your second link got caught by the censor
    Seera1024 wrote: »

Oh for petes sake. :/ Apparently this forum hates Leefish now. Fixed as best I could. Plum forum.

Oh for petes sake. :/ Apparently this forum hates Leefish now. Fixed as best I could. Plum forum.

Still changing to plum @JULES1111
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    @JULES1111 thank you! I've just been overlooking cigen.package for years in case it was important, when I couldve been deleting it this whole time.
  • SnappiTheSimmerxxSnappiTheSimmerxx Posts: 180 Member
    Thank you all for help! I tried deleting cigen.package and groups.cache and deleting my recent age converted clothes.
    At first it didn't work, but for some reason, I tried restarting my computer and it worked!
    Thank you alot, again! :)
    Even if I die, I'll still feel alive knowing that there are people that loved me. -Ryan Yamada
    2lDWFwI.gif
    edited August 2017

Still changing to plum @JULES1111

:| very annoying....take 2! If not I give up. :s

cleo00 wrote: »
    @JULES1111 thank you! I've just been overlooking cigen.package for years in case it was important, when I couldve been deleting it this whole time.

Your welcome!
    Thank you all for help! I tried deleting cigen.package and groups.cache and deleting my recent age converted clothes.
    At first it didn't work, but for some reason, I tried restarting my computer and it worked!
    Thank you alot, again! :)

Awesome, glad you got your game to work again. :)