Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuild | Renew: A Sims 4 Genetics + Building Challenge

Comments

• blondiebabe923blondiebabe923 Posts: 202 Member
    I think Niklaus is the winner. I'm excited to use the boy as an heir! I always use the girls. Now to figure out who his wife will be. I really like Philomena but I think her skin tone is the same as his.
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    So I wasn't satisfied with what I had done with Luna's new house so I reworked some things. And here is what I ended up with. Most of the upstairs and a little of the downstairs is still empty due to money but I am finally happy with the design.
    bda34d73af.jpg

bd5430be9b.jpg

8e67c76993.jpg

211cb6d97a.jpg

05c46d1ae8.jpg

1a13bbe4c0.png

f6a72227ac.jpg

d2de77b669.jpg

Luna's office
    69b7e7ed13.png

dc4478931c.jpg

d2167c30d2.png

Luna's room
    52be4279aa.jpg

87fe205558.jpg

d9bd8e7c99.jpg
    @Ojenn the house is gorgeous. I love the kitchen and her bedeoom.
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @Heckstress17 - Getting used to staying up nights is rough. But we're managing okay. Thanks. <3

@OJenn - Gorgeous home!
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    edited January 2019
    Update

Reed thought Thanksgiving would be the perfect time to introduce his new girlfriend to the family. Philomena certainly dressed to impress!
    fall-1.png

She was thrilled to be included in a family-only event--she was sure this meant she was officially "part of the family."
    fall-2.png

Billie and Hunter were polite enough, but neither were overly enthusiastic about her :grimace:
    fall-3.png

Honestly, everyone seemed more interested in the food than Reed's new boo. (Side note: I completely forgot Bonnie was a slob! :lol: )
    fall-4.png

After dinner, the young couple sneaked off to say goodbye. Reed made sure Philomena knew he was glad that she came, and she seemed content with that.
    fall-5.png

Perfect timing too--the first snowfall of the year was a very romantic backdrop for their goodnight kiss!
    fall-6.png

I don't know if the snow stuck or not, because the very next day Billie set off for warm and sunny Selvadorada! Her very first stop was the local market to get some grub and chat up the locals.
    fall-19.png

Thanks to the locals' tips on the best archaeological sites, Billie found a lost temple right away.
    fall-12.png

She took lots of notes...
    fall-13.png

...faced down mummies...
    fall-14.png

...pulled magical levers...
    fall-15.png

...left strange offerings...
    fall-16.png

...and stole found many artifacts to sell study and archive!
    fall-10.png
    fall-11.png

She found another temple later that week, but she couldn't find a way in :confused: (I wish there were more interactive temples--the traps are so fun!)
    fall-8.png

She set up some dig sites and found a few more artifacts, but she picked up some terrible disease at some point :grimace:
    fall-9-1.png

I thought it would go away on its own, but apparently you need "bone dust" to get a cure from the locals, or you have to buy a ridiculously expensive cure online. With no computer in sight, she decided to head home early.
    fall-7.png

Home and cured at last, another misfortune fell poor Billie...one of her weird glowy artifacts turned her into a skeleton!! :scream: I'm sorry, but I'm still laughing about it :joy:
    fall-22.png
  • debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    @OJenn You know, I'm not sure about which neighborhood I will use. I was originally planning to use the new town that came with Get Famous, but it's kinda boring and I really love Brindleton Bay...so maybe I will join you there.

They you're redecorating the house I just tore down is beautiful. Can you tell me...did you just use a cheat to get into the house then use the 20k to decorate? Are we using money restrictions in this version? Are you using custom content in your furnishings? You have a few pieces that I really love...like that shower! Luna is so cute in her Office. I love her hair spirals.

@JordanNicoleJJ Reed and Philomena are so cute. Awww look how pretty the snow is over Brindleton Bay. Even I can recognize that. BTW @Heckstress17 I went out in the freshly fallen snow this morning in my flip flops to help my yorkie dig out his frisbee. I love how you showed Billie in the jungle. It's awesome. Great pictures! haha I love the look on Reed's face at seeing his mom as a skeleton. It was useful when that happened to John and he was in the jungle. hehehe

My house is taking so painfully long for some reason so here are a couple of pictures again. It's really hard to get into some of the tiny cute fun areas.

Study
    CqmUP.png

Dining Room and Kitchen from the Living Room
    CqmVg.png

Master
    CqmW5.png

Master Closet
    CqmWQ.png

Master Bath
    CqmX7.png

Niklaus and his sisters Nina and Natalie joined the drama club when they were in elementary school and have really enjoyed their time in it. He loves taking selfies with Nina who he is the closest to 01-01-19-4-14-19-PM.png
    After one of their drama club performance that their mom and other sisters came to Niklaus took a selfie with Nina again and Natalie in the background making some kind of face. 01-01-19-7-34-53-PM.png Something must be scaring her 01-01-19-7-35-23-PM.png Nik was feeling some kind of way with his sister Noel becoming a young adult, getting married and moving out. His parents seemed to really like Kengo but Nik wasn't so sure. It was New Years Eve and Raina invited them over to celebrate with the family. While everyone else was watching the tv getting ready Nik was playing the llama game with Noel and her husband. 01-01-19-8-49-48-PM.png Noel really concentrating on her next moves. 01-01-19-8-51-15-PM.png Here is Kengo and Noel. They will have cute babies eventually. 01-01-19-9-07-19-PM.png01-01-19-9-07-26-PM.png After all the celebrating was over Nik decided he needed to clean the family dog Rico. Rusty the cat passed of old age awhile ago. 01-01-19-9-18-38-PM.png Rico is a beagle, and will be going with Nik when he ages up. That morning at the breakfast table Nik was going through some kind of mood swing. He was just not having any of the tables conversations 01-01-19-9-23-51-PM.png01-01-19-9-23-56-PM.png Natalie seems pleased with herself and dad looks pretty sick 01-01-19-9-24-57-PM.png Nora seems extra satisfied to watch her brother go through his teenaged angst 01-01-19-9-24-29-PM.png Nora's view of Nik giving her the stink eye 01-01-19-9-26-23-PM.png Niks view of his sister looking very odd like at her bowl of fruit 01-01-19-9-27-24-PM.png Nik had enough of these shenanigans and decided enough was enough he was leaving the table 01-01-19-9-28-37-PM.png Nina decided to get in on the teasing and was making a face to Nora 01-01-19-9-29-11-PM.png Nik annoyed at all of them walked away to be by himself 01-01-19-9-30-04-PM.png

Thats all for an update for now. I'm gonna go back and play some more.
    edited January 2019
    @debjameswhite - Yep I used freerealestate to get Luna in and she started with 20k but I sold most of her lot furnishings so that helped a bit too. Since most EA comes sparsely furnished I figured we'd let folks decide if they wanted to keep the furniture or sell it to help out :) And yeah the new world is pretty but I find it boring too. I think maybe its because it has so few lots.

Your redesigned home looks amazing though I love what you've done with it. The kitchen is probably my favorite part!

@JordanNicoleJJ - Philomena and Reed are such a cute couple! I am glad you got to get Billie out to Selvordorado but wow her luck was just not so great!

@blondiebabe923 - All the holiday selfies are so sweet, the one with the tree is my favorite. Kengo and Noel are already bonding, watching sims play don't wake the llama is always fun because of their expressions :lol: Oh no the mood swings! Those are always the worst.
    edited January 2019
    Update: Winterfest Special

I was so excited to return to a snowy Brindleton Bay!
    1.png

With Winterfest right around the corner, Billie figured she better start jogging again before the holiday weight really started to pile on. (Maybe being a skeleton for awhile made her a little self-conscious in her fleshy body lol)
    2-1.png

Once the boys got home from school and the snow was really started to stick, the Riggs bundled up and went outside for some snow fun :blush:
    3.png

Billie and Hunter made snow angels...
    4.png

Reed and River made a snowpal...
    5.png

It turned out so cute! It really fits their decorations.
    6.png

Then the epic, merciless snowball fight began :naughty:
    7.png

That face is too cute :lol: I'm having war flashbacks to elementary school--"missed me, missed me, now you gotta kiss me" :lol:
    8.png

After the boys went to bed, Billie and Hunter warmed up with some spiced sparkling apple juice and a little romance :smirk:
    10.png

I love winter <3
    11.png

Reed brought home an extra credit robotics project on the last day of school before winter break--what an over-achiever. Billie tried to help, but lets be real, she doesn't know anything about robotics :lol:
    12.png

It turned out so cute!! A+, Reed! (I really wish kids could play with it, because it's waaay cuter than the actual toy robot.)
    13.png

Billie is a fairly well-known archaeologist now. Museums from all over the world keep sending her artifacts to authenticate, and she's making a LOT of money doing it--like 3-5k per artifact :flushed:
    14.png

The night before Winterfest, the boys went to sleep early in anticipation of Father Winter's visit, and Billie and Hunter enjoyed some more spiced sparkling apple juice after they set out the presents. Hunter was pretty excited for Father Winter's visit too, if we're being honest :lol:
    15.png

Winterfest morning~ Billie and Hunter woke up early to sneak a kiss under the mistletoe :blush: Also, their matching Winterfest pjs <3 (We have a tradition in my family that the present we open on Christmas Eve is new Christmas pjs with matching slippers, and we all wear them Christmas morning. When I was a kid, they were always matching lol)
    16.png

The boys woke up not much later and immediately ran for their presents. Little River got a new drawing tablet!
    17.png

Reed unwrapped a (mostly) empty box...a note inside told him his present was too big to wrap :wink: He actually got a punching bag. Now he can get fit and take his teenage moodiness out on something other than his family--win-win! :lol:
    18.png

Reed got River a book--"Painting for Dummies." He wasn't as excited about it as the drawing tablet, but he was still grateful. Billie and Hunter raised some good kids.
    20.png

Since the Riggs don't have an actual fireplace, Billie turned on the fireplace channel on the tv :lol:
    21.png

Hunter made an extravagant Winterfest lunch as well as something special for later... :wink:
    22.png

When Philomena arrived, Reed greeted her at the door with a mistletoe kiss. These are so cutesy it's gross lol
    23.png

Everyone thought lunch was amazing--except Reed. He's going through a "picky eater" phase :unamused: Also, what's Winterfest without matching ugly sweaters? :lol:
    24.png

River really took a liking to Philomena. He talked her ear off all through dinner!
    25.png

Billie and Reed really got a kick out of it. I think Reed was mostly just happy to see everyone getting along lol
    26.png

Winterfest went way better than Thanksgiving for Philomena. Everyone really likes her, Reed REALLY likes her, and now I don't think I can break them up lol
    27.png

After lunch, the young couple ran outside for some snow fun. They ended up making the punk rock snowpal lol
    28.png
    29.png

The couple that makes snow angels together, stays together, right?
    30.png

They finally came inside to "warm up." They're such teenagers--always all over each other--but at least they try to keep it private lol
    31.png

At some point she convinced him they should sneak off and "mess around"...in Billie and Hunter's room... This girl is SUCH a bad influence, she's corrupting my precious, pure Reed :bawling:
    32.png

They didn't get caught, per say, but they better come up with a good excuse for why they missed little River's aging up into teenagedom :grimace: For the record, he aged up with the Mansion Baron aspirations and Art Lover trait.
    33.png

And I was so excited to give him a makeover, I completely forgot to finish Winterfest lol. But here the brothers are, in all of their teenage glory. Left: Reed Riggs, Fabulously Wealthy aspiration, Genius and Active traits, future astronaut. Right: River Riggs, Mansion Baron aspiration, Gloomy and Art Lover traits, future famous painter (going for celeb status on this one!).
    34-1.png

As the fates would have it, I have a nearly impossible heir choice to make. I imagine Reed and Philomena will stay together. Their friendship bar isn't very high, but their romance bar is full, and they're obviously smitten with each other. I'm thinking about putting Philomena in the social media career if I choose them, since she seems like the work-from-home type. I'm hoping River and Lupita hit it off, because she's an aspiring famous musician, and a famous couple would be fun to play. What do you guys think?
  • Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    Update!

Kato was promoted (Thank God!) and chose the Athlete career track. I was super relived because money's pretty non existent with them paying 8k in bills every week.
    NKLIsOh.png

It was also perfect timing because he was able to buy Violet something nice for Valentine's day. (Anyone know why Valentine's day was 2 days after Christmas in my game? I think I can adjust it. I just thought it was really strange it somehow got mixed up.)
    rCebPMO.png

:heart:
    uNtcE4p.png

He tried to be sweet and made reservation's at a fancy restaurant in Windenburg. He didn't check the weather forecast... when they arrived to the all outdoor restaurant they were in the middle of a full blown blizzard. :flushed:
    QtGBi1k.png

Oops lol the weather never let up, but they were both super happy to be out on a date so I let them stay.
    8hQRiWF.png

They also caught their first glimpse of a celebrity. This snobby old lady was also crazy enough to try and dine through a blizzard.
    zCJSDxm.png

The restaurant, called Goth Gardens, also doubles as a hotel. Kato made the smart decision they should stay the night in one of the honeymoon suites. Violet was grateful to be indoors.
    QCtQfXA.png
    85aAKXq.png

(...secretly hoping risky woohoo kicks in...)
    jCL3AWi.png

I don't think I've introduced him before, but Kato is BFF's with his gym trainer. Can I get a round of applause for having my sim make a friend?? lol! This is Chester. There's something funny about two buff dudes sitting around sipping Martini's lol
    jT1llo8.png

Chester's introduced him to the nightlife. He took him clubbing and before even entering the club they spotted a celebrity and geeked out together.
    jno1pAD.png

It was the same snobby old lady he saw at Goth Gardens on Valentine's day. He gushed about what a big fan he was and asked for an autograph.
    h5gWs9O.png

But she told him no :unamused:
    pzEdavM.png

Oh well, he and Chester still tore it up on the dance floor.
    wE8JQ1p.png

Violet is still patiently waiting for Winter to end so she can start planting in her garden again. At first she was doing flower arraigning as a way to pass the time, but now she's gotten pretty good and makes decent money selling her arraignments. (I also just love the frosted over windows in this pic)
    bB2GRMq.png

Apparently she ate some spoiled food while I wasn't looking and ran off to throw up. I was kinda disappointed she wasn't pregnant, but the logical part of me knows they can't afford a baby right now. They can't even afford to pay the bills lol
    oHfmn2f.png

Pongo is still keeping them busy and probably wouldn't appreciate not being #1 in Mom and Dad's life. He's active and always getting into something. Kato is constantly giving him baths. Though I doubt being a slob he minds the smell all that much.
    44gGp6P.png

Pongo lost his first fight to squirrel and Violet had to take him to the Vet. Poor Pongo lol just look at that face. The Vet was giving Vi some pretty serious side eye too...
    tTywl0F.png

He got the most dreaded treatment... the cone. He was a good sport about it though.
    9yj5DrW.png

When Violet got home she and Kato celebrated Pongo being okay with their favorite woo hoo, in the closet of course. :heart:
    rliqk1v.png

Winter went out with a bang. Another Blizzard, the 4th of the season, didn't stop Chester and Kato from getting outside and playing.
    ZhjhgnA.png

Together they built my first "normal" looking snowman. Okay, so maybe I forced them to stay outside and play lol but I just had to see what their snowman would look like. Note them running over the spot where the pool should be :lol: The money troubles are real.
    VsTYSaM.png

FINALLY Spring came and Violet was able to begin gardening outside again.
    UR7bDNe.png

Spring has brought nothing but rain, but Violet doesn't seem to mind. Money is rolling in much faster now that she's got a couple crops to tend to.
    zhMoImR.png

Kato absolutely hates the rain, and has declared it his least favorite kind of weather.
    Ja400lW.png

In an effort to keep him inside more he's been fixing up stuff around the house. Only a few more levels and he can fix their crappy dryer.
    AMRdpOX.png

Kato and Violet are both so hard working. With grinding to pay the bills I forget to let them get out and live. I'm trying to fix that. Violet made a friend at work, a girl named Mandy. They invited her, and Kato's friend Chester, out for dinner one night.
    YgdkPDc.png

Chester is pretty much always in a flirty mood. So Violet and Kato decided to try and set their friends up. Unfortunately, Chester has always seemed to be a little more interested in Vi. Kato's oblivious though. I'm waiting for the day Chester tries to make a move. It won't be pretty.
    zjFlhbv.png

Despite his wandering eye, Chester agreed that Mandy seemed like a catch, and they both planned to see each other again. Kato and Violet left feeling accomplished.
    MXW91iE.png

After a few days of just doing their usual work grind, Violet decided to take a pregnancy test after feeling sick. It was negative, and she was pretty sad about it. Kato tried to comfort her.
    njtDIKw.png

and it worked, he was able to convince her that their time would come. (Hopefully sooner then later. I've got baby fever bad! Just send simoleons and I'll get this baby train rolling lol )
    EuRL1L4.png

I'll end on this random pic of them being super attractive.
    BQFKPgL.png

That's it for now. They're making more money now so I'm hoping my next update won't be as boring. And I'm coming back for comments at the end of the day. I'm so happy to have updates to comment on!! :smiley: Happy Simming!
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
    edited January 2019
    Comments

@OJenn OMG, I love the redesign! I especially like the game room--it's very "Brindleton Bay" style. All of the rooms are so perfect. And Luna is gorgeous with that cc hair!! Gosh...don't you all start tempting me to download cc again! I'm not prepared to go down that rabbit hole again :lol:

@debjameswhite I was so surprised when she turned into a skeleton, and everyone in the family FREAKED out, but not needing to sleep/eat/use the restroom did give her more time to uncover and authenticate artifacts lol. I can see how useful it would be in the jungle!

The house is looking great! I love love love the big kitchen. Is the bathtub in the last pic cc or did it come with Get Famous?

@blondiebabe923 I love seeing siblings spend time together. LOL @ Natalie's freak out. I wonder what got her so worked up. :lol: Noel is so pretty, I'm glad to see her married & happy. I don't usually like small dogs, but Rico is such a cutie!

Edit: @Heckstress17 We posted at the same time, but I'm so glad to see an update from you! That's weird that Valentine's Day came so soon! What about New Years?! Their fancy dinner was beautiful, blizzard and all. Vi is absolutely stunning in that dress :love: Lol Chester is quite the character. Congrats on making a friend! :smiley: What a snobby celebrity. I've been avoiding them in my game tbh lol. Omg, I got SO excited when I saw Vi was sick...plum food poisoning lol. Ah, I've never been so happy to see spring! It's so colorful and Vi looks so happy to be outside again lol. I'm not looking forward to the relentless rain again though. Hunter ended up maxing handiness by fixing the washer and dryer so often :lol: Then he upgraded them and they haven't broken since, thank god. Omg, Chester totally has eyes for Vi...what a terrible friend...but also, who can blame him? :lol: Aww I'm always excited to see the next gen but I'm really enjoying seeing Kato and Vi's couple life. I say leave it up to risky woohoo lol
    Post edited by tipsycowplant on
    Comments! :) I've been checking in from my phone but I seem to be missing some updates and replies. I'm sorry if I skipped over anything, I didn't mean to.

@debjameswhite - I don't know if there's a way to promote your gallery, but there's a way to feature certain uploads. :)
    uezVd2A.png

You went out in the snow in your flip flops!? I think I'd have frost bite within minutes if I did that lol. The house is coming along really well! Any idea why it seems to be taking longer then usual? Are you lacking motivation or just being indecisive? You're right about the fun cute areas being hard to photograph. Those cozy spaces are always my favorite though. I really love how you've done the kitchen. It's always the heart of the house, and it looks like a great place for the family to be. A master closet! I always say I'm going to build one and then forget. I love it. I can't wait to see the whole house tour :)

@OJenn - Your design skills never cease to amaze me :love: That house looks amaaaaazing! I love how you sectioned off the living room from the stairway. I had such a hard time making good use of that space but you made it look perfect. All the wallpaper choices and just the overall color palette for the house is super pleasing to the eye. I love love love Luna's laundry room. That's currently one of the rooms I'm saving to renovate. It looks like you made your 20k and furnishings selling money go further then mine. I did do a bit of landscaping that was pretty unnecessary though lol The windows in Luna's art room are so great. I always say I'm not gonna download build mode CC but I think I need those :lol:

@JordanNicoleJJ - We did post at the same time! I missed your comments last time about the laptop, sorry! I really love this laptop. It's lightening fast with the solid state, has tons of space, and a great graphics card. I totally recommend it. The price can't be beat for everything you get. Though I was playing on a pretty ancient one before with a cracked screen so maybe my expectations are just low :lol: I hope you can get enough saved to get a computer you'll love. I don't think there's anything that can beat that new computer feeling lol. Oh man your week's been pretty crummy. Has the ice come off the roads yet? That's so scary. Thankfully we haven't had any ice yet, but I fully expect it before the winter's over. I was sick with a cold last week too so I feel your pain. I see you got some sim time in though :wink:

I am in love with these two updates! All of your pictures are so vibrant and full of life. How're you editing your pictures? Teach me your ways! Not to mention you just capture great moments of your sims. I debated with myself about getting the Jungle pack. It looks pretty interesting from your pictures. What do you think of it? Worth getting it? Billie's artifact that turned into a skeleton is pretty awesome. I absolutely love Reeds shocked face :joy: There's so much festive stuff happening! I love it! I am living for the shot of the house all lit up with Christmas lights and covered with snow. :smiley: The shot of Billie and Hunter making snow angels is the best. Reed and River's snowman turned out super cute. I haven't seen that one yet. The project robot is way cuter then the toy robot! I haven't ever had a sim make that one. Feel free to send me a few of Billie's artifacts :lol: I could really use the money right now. omg the family in their Christmas pajamas is the absolute cutest thing I've ever seen! What a great idea. You got some perfect shots of their Christmas morning. I'm completely in love with this family. omg and the ugly sweaters too!? :joy: That's too great. Ugh fiiiiine, I'll admit Philomena and River do look pretty adorable together. If it helps when making your heir choice I don't hate her lol I do think their conflicting aspirations would be pretty interesting. Philomena always spending his money lol and I think there's room for some possible drama with their friendship bar not being as high as their romance. Maybe Reed's "true" love is still out there and he just won't know it till he clicks with someone else... do I sound like I'm totally shafting Philomena? lol sorry! I do really love how River aged up, and his traits. Reed 100% has my heart though.

@Tellex - Whenever you check back in could you link me to the baby skins you made??? I don't have them anymore since I'm on my new computer, and I literally don't think I can play without them :lol:
    @JordanNicoleJJ - I am loving all the wintery shots you managed to get in Brindleton Bay. The family during the holidays in their matching pjs is super adorable. To answer your question I am leaning more towards River and Lupita to see how they handle stardom together. Here's hoping they hit it off!

And you know I can't live without cc lol, I've been trying super hard to keep things maxis match but I'm not winning the war.

@Heckstress17 - Congrats to Kato on his promotion! Omg I can't believe the weather was so harsh during their outing, but at least they got to stay the night and keep each other cozy :wink: I think its fitting that Kato's bff is his trainer lol. I think when you play on longer life span you have more time for friend making lol. Someday you will get your pool back! That house is quite pricey but it looks so good. Glad to see that Kato and Vi are finally bringing in the simoleans, I don't think your update was boring at all!

As for the windows, you can find them here
    @Heckstress17 The ice is sort of melting...it melts during the day but ends up refreezing over night, turning it into black ice by morning :confused: I'm so over it. I use a really old version of photoshop to edit my pics lol. I just play with the levels until it's as bright/colorful as I want it to be. Sometimes I use the quick selection tool to select really bright or dark areas and edit them separately (usually it's light-colored surfaces like white tables, snow white walls, etc. that are too bright, and faces that are too dark). Jungle Adventures is a lot of fun. The ancient ruins are full of traps you have to deactivate to progress, and there are "dig sites" and treasure chests to loot along the way. On Billie's last trip, she found like 35k worth of treasures total...it's a really good money-maker :wink: I don't hate Philomena, but I don't love her either. Plus, there isn't a lot of genetic variation--both have dark hair, light skin, and brown eyes (I think). I think the drama would be fun to play out though. I predict a whirlwind romance quickly followed by a greed-driven divorce in their future :joy: Then maybe Severine can swoop in and be his shoulder to cry on... :smirk:

@OJenn I am really excited to play out River and Lupita's rise to stardom, but I'm really attached to Reed, so I'm thinking about saving Rivita (their official ship name) for the fixer upper challenge in Del Sol Valley.
    edited January 2019
    With the important rooms done in the house, Luna felt it was time to get out there and explore her new town. At the downtown market she ran into none other than the very dreamy Dirk Dreamer.
    cee3c83270.jpg

He flashed her a smile and she went over to introduce herself but he wasn't having it. Luna was only a noteable newcomer and not nearly as famous as he is.
    3788777ccb.jpg

Luna was thoroughly embarrassed of course.
    efa862fc39.jpg

Eventually she was able to get a short interview out of him.
    d578c7dc2d.jpg

After which she promptly went right back home to start working on her career goals.
    605e025fc2.png

322815a723.png

Lonely in her big house Luna decided to check out a dating app in order to meet someone special
    671c4f4dbd.jpg

Unfortunately, the date was a flop and her date left as soon as they were seated.
    c4316356b4.jpg

Needless to say Luna went home frustrated
    891942aa50.jpg

The next day she tried again, this time she was matched with Dirk Dreamer so she decided to give it a shot.
    f261617928.jpg

He arrived very cranky, Luna was starting to think that was just his normal mood
    79c768dc68.jpg

Eventually, after a few drinks he calmed down a bit and they actually had a conversation. The date ended with success and he asked to see her again.
    2f36e49fec.jpg

Because Dirk Dreamer is from another sims game I felt he needed a makeover to match what he should look like. Below you can see his picture from the Sims 2
    latest?cb=20150729065113
    c02dcc634f.png

For now I will leave you with a pic of Luna making friends, she has the Friend of the World aspiration. (save me lol)
    2ea334222f.jpg
  • KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    @debjameswhite thanks, now I'm scared about the future since multiple births stress me so much in this game :D

@blondiebabe923 Niklaus looks cute and I too think he would make a great heir!

@OJenn can I just say that I love your builds? Teach me please xD ... I had a lot of great memories from my first attempt at this challenge, even if it's been so long ago, it's good to be back :) loved going through all of your updates!

@JordanNicoleJJ I loved reading about Billie, the pic of the skeleton with a hat it's so good :D also the winter update was really cute. I just love seasons so much in this game.

@Heckstress17 I'm really glad I found this challenge again. I've loved lurking reading this thread to catch up, all of the updates are so good. Just tell me: how is it possible that all of your sims look so good?!
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    Update!

Life with twin toddlers ain't easy, especially when one of them is fussy (and yes, I love the trait but wow).

NknG6uJ.png

Salali and Nate are officially exhausted 24/7 and money's running out.

g6QJ7F0.png

She's almost completed her aspiration, though, and he managed to grow our first cowplant!

CrxNGow.png
    67WLBBq.png

The twins are a handful.

OmmUA6v.png

Most of the time Clover is a roller coaster of emotions, while Jared is completely chill about everything (yay angelic toddler!)

z1zMSoZ.png
    RPrJYDZ.png

Since I was tired of having them locked inside their small lot, I decided to rebuild the park and transform it into a playground. I was really happy autumn had just begun, because all of the trees in that area look sooo pretty.
    Here are a few pics of the park for toddlers, children and teens. I wanted it to be really simple.

Ef8rX6e.png
    cTDneTG.png
    ROiniKK.png
    NdxIG63.png
    CUKN8Mx.png

And here are some pics of the Austin family having some fun there.
    Salali & Nate totally forgetting about the children.

7ydZ3b8.png

Thank god Dina decided to babysit them for free.

QJxNGD6.png

Jared looked really cute there.

hltbyCm.png
    0rrrTNu.png
    e2yO1pa.png

While Clover had a really... interesting day :#
    Stuck inside an imaginary crater

3UeR7Gf.png

Queen of the forest

3Jtemwl.png

and finally...

ehbPQBY.png
    bi1RinN.png

DON'T TURN AROUND CHILD.

nlZX42c.png

:o

(best glitch I've ever seen in my game, I swear)
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
    edited January 2019
    Today was just like old times! I woke up, sat down with my coffee and was able to go through updates!! I love it :)

@blondiebabe923 I like that kids can join drama club now. Aiden was my first one to go but I didn't pay enough attention. I love when families play games together. All those faces were great...that is the most I've enjoyed mood swings ever :)

@OJenn I'm not in the big home, I'm just on that lot. I'm still doing my last generation :) I can't wait to show you guys more of the house. I finished the roof last night and I'm really happy with it!

Oh no! Poor Luna! How embarrassing...what a jerk! Oh it was for work! Well then good for her! The dating app looks fun! Matched with Dirk Dreamer...he is cute but so cranky! Oh Friends of the World! That's a tough one!!

@JordanNicoleJJ I love seeing folks jogging around Brindleton Bay. It's such a beautiful town. I love them playing in the snow and the house at night is so cute. OMG how cute Billie trying to help Reed. I love her face. I love the matching pjs it's so darn cute. Really everything about this update is so darn cute. Awww! It is cutesy with Reed and Philomena! Their matching sweaters!! I love seeing her, she was part of my family so long ago! Oh my River is a cutie when he ages up! I'm planning a famous couple soon too. You have a hard choice! I can't remember what Lupita looks like, but obviously I chose Philomena!! BTW, the bathtub came with Get Famous.

@Heckstress17 Congrats on Kato's promotion :) It's kinda fun to play and make yourself concerned about the money. I'm already thinking about my next play though and how I'll do that! I agree that the holidays are spaced oddly and there are some that I just don't like but I haven't had the motivation to go in and actually change any of them. I might when I start the next run through and change to long life! So sweet seeing him offer Violet a gift :) Hehehe I love them trying to dine in the outdoor restaurant! I love that it doubles as a hotel. Wouldn't that be fun if we could do that? Oh good job Kato! <claps for friend making> AWWW poor Kato! Why would she say no? Was he creeping? I doubt it! I love the frosted window pics too :) I'm thinking back to one of my houses that had the dining room surrounded by windows and every time they had a holiday meal I got those kind of pictures. Awww look at Pongo's face! He looks so concerned. Aww look how pretty the gardening picture is. I can't wait for spring! Google tells me it's 55 days away, but if I got to March 21 which is official it's 74 hehehe. Eeep look how Chester is looking at Vi! If she were single she might appreciate that look! I'm glad Kato was able to make Violet feel better about not being pregnant. Poor things. They really are super cute!

I have no idea about my lack of motivation. I think I got bored maybe? Or maybe I was dreading getting the roof I wanted. I think I did pretty good though so I'm happy. There are some building things I wish I could do...some things I miss from Sims3 even still! It's so annoying we don't have uneven lots anymore. I know we have the terrain tool, but it doesn't really help in that aspect.

@Kiwicantdie Don't be afraid! Whoa! You love the fussy trait? hehe The babies are so cute. The park you made is awesome! Good job! It's really cute :) OMG that last picture!
    Post edited by debjameswhite on
    edited January 2019
    OK I finally finished my ridiculous house! I will just say that I can not do this house justice with pictures. This is a HUGE house. I prefer making the small ones but this one is definitely a mansion suited for the large lot. I am so proud of the roof. If I hadn't been following a plan I think I'd take off the part that was supposed to be the garage. Anyways, for your entertainment here is my last house build for this instance of the challenge. Aiden and Hope's home!
    ydsm1.png
    Gen 10 House Tour

Outside
    CsNyd.png
    CsNyH.png
    CsNzP.png
    CsNAW.png

Ground(basement) Floor
    Family room/Kitchenette
    CsNCI.png
    CsND1.png
    CsNDA.png
    CsNDM.png
    CsNHn.png

Gym
    CsNEl.png

Sana
    CsNFn.png

Growing Room
    CsNGj.png

Massage Room
    CsNGZ.png

Middle Floor
    Study
    CqmUP.png

Kitchen/Dining/Family
    CsNLY.png
    CsNMb.png
    CsNN0.png
    CsNNq.png
    CsNOn.png
    CsNOR.png

Master
    CsNPA.png
    CsNPR.png

Master closet
    CsNVB.png

Bath
    CsNVU.png

Top Floor
    Family Area
    CsNX0.png

Playroom/Bunkroom
    CsNXU.png
    CsNY9.png

Bedroom
    CsNYu.png

Bedroom 2
    CsO0o.png
    CsO0S.png

Bedroom turned to another study
    CsO1B.png
    @OJenn Ooo I hope things work out with Dirk, because I love his makeover! The dating app is such a great idea. I hope they come out with a "romance" pack at some point and include stuff like that. Sometimes I just want to set my sims up on blind dates! :lol: Yikes, good luck with the Friend of the World aspiration. I'm terrified of it :grimace:

@Kiwicantdie Such a great update. I adore fussy little Clover :joy: Omg, I completely forgot about cowplants...I want a gardener sim so bad now lol. I just love how opposite Clover and Jared are. Clover gets so overemotional about everything, and Jared's just chillin' lol. That park is amazing! I love that there's so much to do. The pic of Salali & Nate cuddling is too pretty :love: What?!! "Imaginary craters"??? How do you do that? AHH that glitch :joy::bawling: That's so horrible but so funny.

@debjameswhite Oh. My. Gosh. :astonished: That house is gorgeous!! And HUGE! So much room for activities. The roof is perfect!! And I love the growhouse--such a good idea. The playroom is my favorite--that archway makes it look like it has angled "loft" walls in those pics. Can't wait to see you play through your LAST generation!! I can't believe you're already about to finish another world--that's so exciting! I really love your signature image by the way, with the couples of each generation. It's so fun to see how their genetics differ (and stay the same!) through the generations.
    edited January 2019
    I've been playing a bunch :) I've got a bunch of pictures to sort and edit before posting an update so I wanted to do some comments before I fall too far behind.

@debjameswhite - The house looks amazing!!! :love: Building mansion size homes is a complete pain in the butt :lol: you deserve an award for surviving the build. The style of the house totally fits Brindleton Bay, and I love how there's those big stairs leading up to the front door. The roof looks really good too, I wouldn't change a thing about it. I love how you filled the space. I always have trouble utilizing the space in larger homes. After I do the usual, kitchen, dining, living, and bedrooms, I'm always at a loss what to do with the other areas. Aiden and Hope have a true mansion. They'll never need to leave the lot. They have every amenity they'll ever need right at home. Having a sauna and a massage room right at their disposal is the peak of luxury. This house is a great way for you to finish out this challenge. Which omg I can't believe?! I feel like we all started playing this challenge together yesterday. It's pretty crazy.

@Kiwicantdie - I had a bunch I was gonna say about your update but then I got to the last 3 pictures of Nate peeing on Clover and I completely forgot everything :joy::joy::joy: omg what a glitch LOL The park you built really does look amazing though. It looks so pretty in fall. Ya know until the incident lol

@OJenn - I was so happy to see Dirk return but was unhappy with how different he looked from the sims 2. Your makeover of him is perfect! I'm glad she was matched with him and their date went well. :) I love seeing Luna working on her career goals. I can't wait until I have a sim who wants to be famous and I can explore all the new content. The pic of her applying makeup in front of the camera is the cutest. Good luck with her aspiration lol you can do it! You've done it before!

@JordanNicoleJJ - You're having a rough winter and we're having the mildest winter ever. The past two days it's been in the 60's. I feel 🐸🐸🐸🐸 lol Ooooh you're using photoshop. That explains it. I'm not smart enough for photoshop :lol: Oh wow 35k in treasure is insane. Violet recently started making about 1k per flower arraignment and I thought she was ballin' lol! I've got till the 11th (the end of the sale) to decide once and for all if I'm gonna buy it. I'm leaning towards yes, but my sons birthday is on Wednesday so I'll have to see how much money I've got left after his party :lol: I see what you're saying about Reed and Philomena having similar features. It gets kinda bored when my couples share the same hair and eye color. That being said I love the idea of saving River and Lupita for when you do the fixer upper challenge in Del Sol Valley. So I'm still #TeamReed this gen ;)
    Update

Right after Winterfest, the family took full advantage of the boys' school break and headed out to Granite Falls for New Year's weekend. The snow and the Lodge decorated for the holidays was a beautiful sight to behold!
    1-1.png

River was not happy about the whole situation. He just wanted to stay home and play with his new drawing tablet all weekend. (He's SUCH a moody teen--he's really starting to live up to his gloomy trait!)
    2-2.png

"Thankfully," he did sneak in his tablet and found some time to draw while his parents were still sleeping. Teenagers :neutral:
    3-1.png

Once his mom woke up, he stashed the tablet and joined the "family fun" outside. They ended up making a very dapper snowman with a monocle and tie lol
    4-1.png

They walked over to the lodge to try out the newly installed ice skating rink. Hunter was extra excited to give it a shot, because his New Year's resolution is to lose his holiday weight lol
    5-1.png

After a few laps, they all seemed to be getting the hang of it...
    6-1.png

Then River almost fell...(smarty pants Billie stayed waaay back lol)
    7-1.png

And Hunter actually fell, and Reed skated right into him, causing him to fall as well. So much for getting the hang of it lol.
    8-1.png

Bruised and freezing, the family went inside to warm up. They figured they should eat early so they wouldn't miss the countdown on tv.
    9.png

Teenagers being teenagers. River just can't stay off the electronics lol
    10-1.png

Their food took twice as long as it should've because the waiter dropped the first order, but once it finally arrived, it looked amazing!
    11-1.png

(Reed is going through a picky eater phase, hence the baked potato. He didn't drink any of his wine either :expressionless: Meanwhile, everyone else suddenly turned into wine connoisseurs lol
    12-1.png

By the time they finished eating, they'd already missed the countdown :confused: The boys went back to the cabin to get some sleep, and Hunter and Billie stuck around for some drinks. They might've gotten a little too drunk... :lol:
    13-1.png

Back at the cabin, poor River came down with some serious food poisoning (plum cocktail shrimp!). At least they were heading home in the morning, and it wasn't their own bathroom he destroyed... :grimace:
    14-1.png

As soon as they got home, Reed threw a little birthday party at the Seafood Shack. Apparently the restaurant didn't get the memo that it was a birthday party and refused to make a cake :confused: Thankfully everyone had fun just drinking and hanging out.
    15-1.png

Maybe a little too much fun... I don't know what Philomena's problem was. She pretty much ignored Reed and pouted all night, then when his back was turned, she started flirting with his childhood best friend!! I knew there was something I didn't like about her...but I'm loving this drama :smirk:
    17-1.png

It also gave Reed a chance to get to know Severine a little better... Turns out they don't have much in common, but Severine happily listened to him drone on and on about astronomy, and her creativity sparked some new ideas he hadn't thought of before.
    18-1.png

She even went outside and laid on the dirty, wet pier so he could point out his favorite constellations to her. They have no romance bar, but their friendship bar is already higher than his and Philomena's :blush:
    19.png

Annnd back inside Billie got way too drunk again and had encouraged Ari to do the same :lol: I'm starting to think she has a problem lol
    20-1.png

The next morning everyone was pretty hungover, excluding River who was only just starting to get over his food poisoning. They all slept in, Hunter baked a cake around noon, and it was "party" time...
    22-1.png

Reed Riggs is officially a young adult! Genius, Active, and now Good, with the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration. Hmm...the Good trait makes me want him to be a doctor :lol: What do you guys think? Stick with astronaut or go for doctor? And all the girl drama...I have so much to figure out!
    21-1.png
    Update! They can finally pay the bills lol!

Annnnd they were even able to build Violet the greenhouse she so desperately needs.
    31ke0Kr.png

She can finally use all the seasonal seed packets those annoying gnomes dropped on Thanksgiving.
    L0OiFAV.png

Kato and Vi are one of the most autonomously loving couples I've ever had. I feel like I'm pretty much starving them for love with all the working they're having to do. I love catching them in these sweet moments though. Makes me feel like a great matchmaker *pats self on the back*
    6xdhFlg.png

I did feel guilty, so I sent them on a date to San Myshuno. They hit up a karoke lounge but I failed at taking pics there. I did get them buying food a food cart though.
    RjKSSQX.png

Aw :heart: so adorable! And so happy to not be working :joy:
    1Z36eDb.png

Another thing that was desperately needed was a gym in Brindleton Bay. Kato was constantly traveling to Oasis Springs to workout. I placed a gym I've always liked from the gallery for him. I added the Basketball court since he's an athlete and some other personal touches.
    5hAfwqD.png

Vi came along to workout with her husband and was happy to have the trainer to help her out.
    IsFWEkX.png

She still had some difficulty. She wiped out less then most beginners though.
    2XAK0mU.png

They both strutted out with swagger and smelling like trash cans. Gym trip successful. :wink:
    oiXQjui.png

There was a terrible storm and Violet's umbrella broke... which I didn't know could happen. I feel like it's constantly raining no matter what season it is.
    dcFkvsn.png

I've decided I can't wait for good weather to let my sims have fun. Violet doesn't mind playing in the rain, but Kato kinda has to be forced lol Thankfully you can't really tell he's miserable to be soaking wet in this pic.
    mMVd3Lh.png

The "kiss in the rain" animation was another let down. I was hoping for a Notebook style pickup kiss and got this kiss we've had all along :expressionless:
    Zwx7ajF.png

Summer arrived and Violet broke out her shorts. They've gotta be one of my fav items of clothing in the game.
    2kAMhSa.png

She's now at level 8 in her career and chosen to be a professional floral designer.
    kgzWdwt.png

She got this message while working one day. I thought it was pretty cool to learn there's a variety of different ways to be famous other then acting and singing. She earned a celebrity level after making this mystery stars wedding arrangements. She lost it soon after, but I kinda like the idea of her being a famous floral designer to the stars. :sunglasses:
    JLubXJv.png

Kato also had the opportunity to rise to stardom. I do want him to be a truly famous athlete, but he's a nice guy first, so I chose the second option and the press doesn't care about nice guys...
    oniDklf.png

Anyway, one of my fav perks of Violet's job is that she can work in her jammies. :smiley:
    nzDWoQU.png

I also really love how gardening was revamped since I've been gone. Being able to photograph and write things down about a plant while researching it makes it much more realistic. :smile:
    TMI75K4.png

I was pretty unsure about choosing the floral design career path for her, but now she's a totally professional and making 1k per arrangement, and this path just totally fits her, so I'm happy.
    U3XmQVL.png

And now that money's less of a problem she's even had time to maintain her one friendship lol Mandy and her are pretty much BFF's Who knows maybe now she'll even have time for 2 friends.
    VxJl4h8.png

That's it for now! I'm currently finishing the top floor of there home. It's been empty this whole time, but money's rolling in and so are the designs. Pics to come! Happy Simming!
    I had a post all written out but it disappeared without posting. I finally built Nik's house will post photos of that later.
    @JordanNicoleJJ Thank you! I really liked the play room too. I know I will change/add things as I'm playing the family in it.

I love LOVE how your Granite Falls looks. I love your moody teen. He's so cute. I haven't seen that drawing tablet yet...where is that from? I love all the snowmen people have been making. It almost makes me want to do it...but that hasn't happened yet. I want my sims to live on an island! I did not know sims could get drunk! I'm going to have to play with that. I am a little sad about Philomena but the new girl is interesting. Congrats to Reed! I can't wait to see what happens!!

@Heckstress17 These big houses are a pain in the butt! I left a lot of rooms empty but I will probably put more in as I figure out what Aiden and Hope want to do with their lives.

Woohoo! They can finally pay the bills!! I love your greenhouse! I wish I had the career Violet has when Brooke had her green house. Honestly, maybe we did and I just didn't realize it. I also love when sims randomly hug and your founders are adorable. They were so cute on their date. What a nice gym! I'm going to put in all new places in my next challenge I think. You had some great pictures of them playing together and you're getting me excited to try some of the get famous stuff! I am glad she has a friend too. That's another thing I'm going to work on in a future challenge :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top