Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuild | Renew: A Sims 4 Genetics + Building Challenge

Comments

• Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    I'm trying to get an update typed up but I probably won't get done until tomorrow. I saw that Origin is having a Holiday sale so I wanted to let you guys know tonight.
    r1troJj.png

The decision about buying Get Famous may just have been made @JordanNicoleJJ :wink:

Also thank you @Francisca464 and @debjameswhite had you not posted a pic of where to get the Christmas lights I never would've found it.
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    @Heckstress17 I now have Get Famous :sweat_smile: Thank you!

I've only been getting to play for an hour or two at a time, and since I'm playing on long lifespan the day-to-day stuff isn't as exciting...so I don't have enough to post yet, but I'm going to play all afternoon so hopefully I'll have an update in the next few days!
    Update! (Coming back for comments!)

It's mid winter in Brindleton bay and a blizzard's in full swing!
    S51YqP8.png

All poor Pongo wants to do is go for a walk. :( Violet's had to explain to him they have to play inside. Of course this active pup doesn't understand.
    uCTPBOo.png

Kato's been giving him treats nonstop because he feels bad. If Pongo gains weight it's okay. He and Kato will just run it off on one of their jogs after the blizzard ends.
    HpKoH9D.png

While being cooped up in the house, Kato tried taking up woodworking... unfortunately he's pretty hopeless at it. I've never had a sim create 4 straight heaps of garbage before :lol:
    KETKre4.png

But it's not a total loss. At least he and Violet get to spend some time together... or at least be in the same room.
    lYqDumA.png

While being snowed in, Violet and Kato decorated for Christmas :blush:
    wpHDhAh.png

and got all lovey dovey...
    7j8L4lm.png
    axFBokb.png

Right after putting the tree up, and piling their presents, I got this message :flushed::astonished:
    iQC6lFh.png
    They only had 2k so I was panicking a bit. I guess you could say they're in debt lol I ended up selling their swimming pool to pay the bills :joy:

Thankfully Kato got promoted the next day. Here's hoping some money starts rolling in soon.
    NKLIsOh.png

Christmas morning came, and instead of heading straight for their presents, Kato and Violet ran outside to play in all the snow the blizzard had dumped.
    JgQVA4b.png

As a pro athlete I was hoping he wouldn't lob this snowball at his wife with full force lol
    e7n25a1.png
    1RHiQ89.png

I recently got hit in the face with a iceball snowball and let me tell you Violet had a much better sense of humor about it then I did lol
    oGD32Yy.png

I think I prefer building snowpals to snowball fights. Much safer :wink:
    rH64ExW.png

I could see Violet's creative juices flowing. I was hoping this would mean a different style snowpal then the last one.
    4sBofX6.png

Sure enough this snowpal turned out different. The wooden spoon mouth is cute, but the rest of it gives me the creeps for some reason lol (side note: Does anyone else have random pics that show up with an ugly green tint??)
    97kblhX.png

After playing in the snow for hours like little kids, Vi and Kato finally went to warm up by the fire and open their gifts.
    2X6q3j3.png

Violet had gotten Kato a special present, and I thought by her "sneaking" a present under the tree she was placing it but it remained in her inventory :neutral:
    DgIJh4E.png

Kato was really pleased with his gift, while Violet was pretty let down with her gaming cube. I guess it just wasn't her style.
    XJuqmRw.png

Autonomous love perked her up pretty fast though :heart:
    GZtsPws.png

As did him attempting a mistletoe kiss.
    SRkiC4B.png

I gotta admit I'm pretty disappointed it's the same action as "first kiss" though :confused:
    XmXZ54H.png

Later that evening, after changing into some indoor friendly warm clothing, Kato called his wife to the Christmas dinner he prepared. He's such a good husband.
    UrGLI6D.png

The Christmas spirit was going strong, and thankfully this holiday meal turned out a thousand times better then their Thanksgiving disaster. :smile:
    TlM53SY.png

I finally figured out how to exchange the gifts they both had in their inventories. After dinner Kato surprised his wife with the new camera she'd been wanting.
    ER8tPLR.png

And Violet gave him the new "Game of Groans" :joy: book.
    mMyzPcf.png

As you can see he was very grateful. I also find it highly amusing that Pongo is always around to intrude on their private moments lol :lol:
    vTwypb9.png

Anyway, they both had a great first Christmas together. :wink:
    qp6h66Y.png

The next morning all the love shared the previous evening seemed to be forgotten :joy:
    8fh7Is5.png

Violet's usually very patient with her slob husband, but she wasn't having it this morning lol can't say I blame her. I've had just about enough of all of his clothes piles throughout the house.
    H03EOUI.png

Kato headed off to work (after picking up his mess) and Violet decided to plant some flowers in her flower arraigning room. She can't afford to build a greenhouse yet, so these plants will have to do for now.
    gP8hjBB.png

Feeling a little stir crazy after the blizzard, she headed to the local cafe to spend the day. There she "met" her maid (in the red) who she had apparently never even greeted before :joy: Turns out he's a pretty nice guy lol and Victor Feng who was just kinda meh
    HcY7tt1.png

She had fun socializing downtown, which kinda surprised me since she's a longer. I guess I really need to get my sims out more.
    Fwqak0J.png

And I'll leave you with this pic of Violet taking Pongo for a jog in beautiful snow covered Brindleton bay :smile:
    puyeFDt.png
  • debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    I have so much catching up to do! Feels so strange!!!

@Meeshelby Not sure if I waved before or not so I'm going to again! Happy to see you here :)

@Heckstress17 I think the gnomes are a little creepy too but I let them stay for the holiday :) Oh I've never experienced wet laundry before! Poor things hehe. I really love your garden. It makes me want to make one outdoors. John's family was the first generation that didn't have a garden. I hate the leaves in this game. They are one of my pet peeves. There are way too many and they get left in public spaces and make my sims cranky. Makes me cranky too. Aww your first snow pictures are sweet. I have to admit I didn't even notice. I'm not awed by snow at all. hehe The snowman was great!

For Aiden getting hit by lightening, pretty sure it was during a storm. He had the alert of WHY AM I OUT HERE?

On your second update I loved Pongo wanting to go out and Kato just giving him treats. Eeeep the bills! I feel bad you had to sell the pool! I have never had snow pals come out they way yours do. Mine have always been very basic. I loved seeing their Christmas celebration. They are such a cute couple. OMG the look on Violet's face the next day! I like her going downtown to hang out.

@OJenn Making that greenhouse did help for seasons. When you plant outside your plants are only valid for certain seasons. When you plant inside they bloom all year although I think they produce less. Still plenty enough for me though. It actually just made me think you could move them outside when it's their time of year.

@Ojenn I also like the idea of fixing up the first house. Maybe we should experiment before locking down the rules! Oooo have you started over? :) I don't blame you I'm trying really hard not to blast through Hope and Aiden since I waited so long for them. I almost thought about making them my founders.

@JordanNicoleJJ Your hamsters are making me want to get that pack. It's the only one I don't have. I'll have to think about it. Reed aged up so nicely! I love the granite falls pics. I think I need to go there...I've only been going to the jungle lately. I love when families just hang out. Oh gosh the puppies! So cute!!! I love them. Good for her only picking one :) Awww so sweet. I never see the ghosts of my pets. It's funny you said we remind you of the little fun things in the game cause you did the same for me with your update!

@Tellex I wouldn't say animals getting sick happens a ton. I think it depends. I have had pets go through their entire life and never going to the vet and then I'll have a pet who goes 3 or 4 times. It's definitely interesting though so it gets posted in our updates :)

Awww even if it's not all decked out, the new house is festive. I love the tree pic with the little toddler looking at it :) Oh they aged up beautifully and I have to say that I am also a Kai fan! Oh I love seeing bits of the acting career. I can't wait to try it. I'll have a hard time being mean though! Oh @Tellex the straying thing is so hard! I keep thinking about doing that too and I have such a hard time. I just want to make something interesting...but then a loving family can be interesting too :) I also love that they're moving again!

@Francisca464 Oooo I love that Fawn will be acting too! Awww look at Princess. She is so cute. Awww again for Bolt ghost. I'm glad he's making them feel better. "Who doesn't love a man and his cat?" <nods> hehe I love the pic of Javier in the middle of his kids...I also love the sentiment...I agree. Oh I'm sad about Princess. I really like your house btw.

@OJenn I say go for Windenburg! I was to do the fixer upper challenge in Windenburg too eventually.

@Heckstress17 You can buy an umbrella stand in build mode, then click on it in play mode and "choose an umbrella" will pop up. They'll use them automatically anytime its raining outside, but they break when its storming, so it's a double-edged sword. Scouts is a lot of fun, but you do have to earn every single badge to get the reward trait. It was fun looking for ways to earn some of the badges while still keeping true to their traits...for example, Reed earned his artistic badge by painting mathematical diagrams (based on the logic skill), and River earned his Keeping Fit badge by dancing (just seems more creative than plain ol' exercise to me).

Oh my gosh. Those are some GORGEOUS pics!! Seriously, what laptop/desktop do you have? I'm going to have to upgrade soon. I've been saying that for like two years, but I'm actually saving up money for a new one now--my battery is shot, and HP isn't supporting this model anymore :tongue: I've been asking around IRL and everyone asks, "Well, what's your budget?" and I'm like, "Sims 4 ultra graphics is my budget." :joy: Ok, back to the update. I love seeing the snow on the windows--it's such a nice touch of realism! 7600 simoleons :astonished: You need to get one of those sims the frugal trait! I always buy it for at least one sim in the household, especially if they live in a mansion lol. The Christmas pics are all so perfect. I honestly hate snowball fights too...I'm not a big fan of snow in general IRL, but I love it in the sims lol. Oh my, that is a creepy snowman :neutral: Mistletoe kiss using the first kiss animation is a huge let down. I haven't tried it yet in my game, and I doubt I will now. At least they got the presents they wanted and had a great dinner! (Seriously, that food looks amazing...) Poor Violet having to deal with slob of a husband. When I lived with my ex (couple years ago), he used to leave his dirty clothes next to the laundry basket. If I see one more pair of jeans laying 2 feet away from a laundry basket, I'll scream :rage: At least she enjoyed her day out. And that last pic :love:<3

@debjameswhite It's a fun pack, but the little pets die SO fast and you honestly can't do much with them. The notifications you get about them are funny though, and the Build/Buy/CAS items feel like a mini-expansion of the Pets EP. If you can get it on sale, I'd say its worth it. Ghost Koda shows up all the time in my game! I like it better than ghost sims--nothing ends up broken lol. I almost had to get more than one puppy, because I really love huskies...but I figured one puppy would be plenty of work for Billie lol. I really want to send my Sims (or at least Billie) to the jungle world again, but it seems like I never have time! There are too many holidays/birthdays and skills to raise lol

I'll be back for an update in a bit!
    edited December 2018
    Update

It's Spooky Day! I can't believe there wasn't a preset holiday for it already, despite there being preset "spooky" decorations. Anyway, I made my own, and I might've gone a little overboard on the decorations... The family spent the whole day carving pumpkins so I could finish decorating the front porch lol
    1-1.png

You have no idea how excited I was when Brook finally aged up--I swear, she was a puppy for two weeks!! I had no idea of what to expect her to look like, but I think she's super cute.
    2-1.png

Our easily forgotten hamster, Hammy III, is still alive and kicking--and biting! I died laughing for a solid 5 minutes while trying to take this picture. I think this will be our last hamster, we just don't seem to have any luck with them lol
    3-1.png

Annnd immediately after River put him back in his cage, he died :joy::bawling:
    3-1-1.png

Time for the Spooky Day Party!! cue spoooky music~
    4-1.png

Reed invited some of his classmates to get to know them better. Lupita is an exchange student from Selvadorada. She loves music, and she didn't want anything to do with Reed lol.
    5-1.png

He couldn't help but notice the other, much prettier astronaut in the room...are these two destined to be star-crossed lovers? :wink:
    6-1.png

Her name is Severine (there's supposed to be an accent in there somewhere, but I don't know where lol), she has a part-time job in customer service, and she's very creative. He enjoyed talking to her, but unfortunately they just didn't seem to click :confused:
    7-1.png

Meanwhile, Philomena had been trying to get his attention all night. He's clueless, I swear :neutral:
    8-1.png

Finally, she decided to approach him. She laid the flirting on thick, but he just seemed confused. Poor Philomena lol
    9-1.png

I caught Mr. Riggs giving Mrs. Riggs the flirty side-eye and decided to see what they were up to...
    10-1.png

I swear, these two still act like teenagers! Which is ironic, considering there are several actual teenagers in the house who can't flirt to save their lives...
    11-1.png

...let alone sneak off to woohoo in a leaf pile :lol: Always the gentleman, Mr. Riggs.
    12-1.png

Back inside, Reed was finally coming around to Philomena. Turns out they have a lot in common! They're both pretty smart, get good grades, and know what they want to do when they grow up--Philomena wants a big house with lots of natural lighting so she can paint. She's not the most career-minded girl in the world, but hey, it's something.
    13-1.png

When she realized just how smart Reed is (and how rich he'll be when he becomes an astronaut...), she was completely smitten. This girl has it bad.
    14-2.png

Thankfully River isn't old to be thinking about dating yet...these girls are savages. He spent most of the night eating cookies and dancing--just as he should.
    15-1.png

Ghost Koda made an appearance at the party too! I love how Brook is so chill about it, like "hey dead friend, wanna play?" :lol:
    16-1.png

After talking to Philomena, Reed started thinking more about the future. He decided it was time for him to quit the scouts and get a real job--manual labor. Like a man. A manly man.
    17-1.png

Ben and Ari have been spending a lot more time at the house since Billie gave them a key (when they went away to Granite Falls). Hunter and Ben grew apart some after having kids, but now that the kids can take care of themselves, they spend most days fishing together and they're best friends again.
    18.png
    19-1.png

Ari helps Billie out around the house when she comes over. If she isn't doing laundry, she's keeping Brook entertained. It's a huge help to Billie, as she's trying to learn everything she can about archaeology before her next big research jungle expedition. Ari's the one who realized poor Brook had fleas (for god knows how long :grimace: )
    20-1.png

Billie rushed over to the vet. She felt terrible for not realizing her baby wasn't feeling well...
    21.png

The appointment went smoothly, and Billie got her the best flea medicine money could buy. All better! <3
    22-1.png

This notification popped up while Reed was AT SCHOOL!! Philomena might be a genius, but she's certainly not the best influence :unamused: I figured skipping one class wouldn't completely ruin Reed's straight-A streak...besides, who am I to get in the way of young love?
    23-1.png

They decided to go to the lighthouse restaurant--the one place they figured they wouldn't run into their parents. Reed is so awkward around girls, and their date was no exception lol
    24-1.png

See what I mean? At least she doesn't seem to mind. I can't tell if she's just being cute, or thinking about the second-story balcony she's going to push him off of once she has his money... Let's go with cute :grimace:
    25-1.png

Reed finally got up the courage to do some flirting of his own... Go big or go home, I guess? :lol: She just ate it up (of course--second-story balcony, here she comes).
    26-1.png

Philomena suggested they go up to the top of the lighthouse and take in the sights. (See! She has a thing for heights!) He obliged, very awkwardly, as usual.
    27-1.png

Then he surprised both of us by planting a big kiss on her! Go Reed--that's my man! (Just watch out for loose railing!)
    28-1.png

All in all, they did have a beautiful first kiss. I'm still not 100% sure about her, but they really like each other, and I'm excited to see where this goes.
    29-1.png

They ended their date with a super awkward goodbye. Nailed it, Reed.
    30-1.png

Reed was practically floating on air the whole way home. Enjoy it while it lasts, buddy, because mom & dad aren't going to be happy about you skipping school to go on a secret date! :naughty:
    31-1.png

I'll leave you with this gorgeous pic of the bay at sunset. I love fall <3
    32-1.png
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Awesome updates are awesome! <3
  • amadazulsimamadazulsim Posts: 1,800 Member
    Happy Holidays to you all. Whatever you are celebrating I hope you enjoying yourselves.!!!
    Than you all I am happy to be back. I have really missed you all. I am off work Thursday so I am hoping to fire up my game and let it update. There is no telling how long that will take. 🤔
    ]
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited December 2018
    @Heckstress17 - Your pictures have me so torn, I love that house and what you have done with it! And wow it looks even better in the Winter with all the snow. And whoa that bill is pretty steep for the house! I think its due to the lot size. It sucks that they had to sell their swimming pool to make it work but I am sure it will be worth it in the end. Violet and Kato make the cutest snowmen! It was nice to see them get out of the house too especially after being cooped up during the blizzard.

@Debjameswhite - I haven't started over just yet. I am at an impasse really about where I want to start my fixer-upper lol. After losing everything with my hard drive there's no real way for me to play my old family sadly. That house in Brindleton Bay is a challenge to decorate with its massive rooms but I am trying.

@JordanNicoleJJ - Wow the family really went all out for the Spooky Day! I am always making holidays in my game to go with things for my sims. Aww Brook is adorable! And whew I never had much luck with hamsters either I gave up on those little guys a while ago lol. Omg I am glad Philomena was able to get Reed's attention finally, I think they'd make a cute couple. River probably has the best costume our of everyone there in my opinion.
    Post edited by OJenn on
    edited December 2018
    Luna's story starts with old pictures I had from before I had to replace my hard drive and back when I was playing a bit of her life as a teen. Luna moves to Brindleton Bay after the death of her father, Jacques. (Family Tree coming soon!)
    ccabedccd0.jpg

She said her goodbyes to her brothers and set out for a new town.
    ef535d3324.jpg

387e376bc1.jpg

With the money that her father split between his three kids Luna was able to buy one of the older homes in Brindleton Bay, but it needed some work. She started on the main floor of the home with the money she had fixing up the windows.
    7d6772f931.jpg

New cabinets were installed in the kitchen along with a fresh coat of paint and new tile on the walls. The old refrigerator, of course, had to go as well.
    67a57c14a6.jpg

Most of the downstairs walls have been painted, Luna added a nice little space for coats and things right by the front door.
    326e137af3.jpg

The living room was pretty large and one big room so there was a wall added to close it off a bit, but archways to still connect it to the rest of the house.
    5b0d90a40e.jpg

And that, of course, leads right into the living room where the fireplace has been updated and some curtains added for color. Along with some fun spaces for a chess and game table.
    8441afd379.jpg

f23d4f8423.jpg

80c49237b4.jpg

Luna has some big ideas for this place and she is excited to get started making it her dream home.
    dff5d623ef.png
  • KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    edited December 2018
    Hello everybody ♥
    First of all, I hope you all had a merry christmas. As for me... I'm glad I managed to find this challenge once again! :)
    I remember starting it a couple of years ago (probably) (at least one for sure), but being forced to stop playing due to work and study. It's so nice seeing how much you all have progressed with your families, I went through the whole thread to catch up with what I've missed in this looooong hiatus and it was so nice to read.
    I've upgraded my pc a while ago to play TS and now I have much more time to spare, so I would love to start playing this challenge all over again with a new save. If I remember the rules correctly lol. I had so much fun playing last time I tried this, plus it helped me improve a little bit with my building skills (which are still horrible), so... here we go again, I guess?
    Starting strong in Willow Creek with the 10 generations/rebuild challenge.

UqrxId6.png

(sad violin playin')

My first gen are a white/native american couple, Nate and Salali Austin.

Nate's a gardener; clumsy, vegeterian and outgoing.
    (so white he almost shines :D )

xD7S1tL.png

Salali's currently a frog/rocks collector who loves fishing; cheerful, loner and loves the outdoors. I'm probably never going to find her a job.
    (I'm not sure how she looks also since so many images of native americans look so different from one another)
    (but oh well I like her anyway)

J4bsN7W.png

I had them move into Bargain Bend with a super small/scarcely furnished/ugly house, so don't expect to see anything special here since they're already broke from the very beginning (plus I can't build or furnish for the life of me). Here they go.

lzZrm0h.png

D8KSAjo.png

They spent their first night in their new home watching horror movies.

25INMl3.png

Also: love this pic since Nate just started gardening and Salali looks like she's scared he might notice that she already murdered his precious flowers :D

knxgKOa.png

Nate's Bees' revenge >:)

1C8vBaZ.png

Totally here for the glass of water and not to enjoy the scenery.

O9TXF9f.png

Btw he loves the rain and she loves the sun so apparently we have some issues of compatibility right here.
    I had them grind for a few days to get some money from fishing and gardening. Nate spent most of the time of this cloudy spring in the garden to take care of the plants. Since it rained a lot, it looked like he was having the time of his life.

r9v14mg.png

Until news broke.
    "Hun, somebody is trying to get to the second gen really fast."

arFwOIn.png

CrqrhCo.png
    (rip Nate Austin 2018-2018)

On the other end, Salali seemed ecstatic about having a baby this soon in almost complete poverty but oh well
    I think motherhood got to her head.

ZNKsnpG.png
    GyppYDD.png
    (so happy she forgot she hates rain)

Anyway, this is probably the best time I've spent in TS4 in a long while, because this pregnancy seemed to be doomed from the start and I had a blast.
    Everything started to go hella wrong the moment I decided to get this legacy challenge moving asap, I mean...

irNSAqY.png
    72okDsJ.png
    sH7UZPK.png
    gUSGCnO.png
    (pregnant & almost dead)
    07Ssjar.png
    (ready to murder fire)
    m1fJeZc.png

I managed to get at least one peaceful picture just at the end of the pregnancy, when chaos subsided.
    Nate even started to be happy about becoming a father or so it seems.

oUbguTZ.png
    w8XAjOa.png

Literally 5 minutes later-

XpeugUg.png

Gen 2 heir in the next update!

Plus a couple of random funny moments.

The invasion of the kiddos (plus the side of that horrible house)

ze2mfdZ.png

A pregnant townie with a peculiar sense of fashion

virYyA8.png
    bvTUOvN.png
    Post edited by Kiwicantdie on
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
    @Kiwicantdie - I love your couple! And yicks, they sure do get into trouble a lot. lol I loved your update. Yay for nooboo!
  • KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    @Rawla thanks! Yes, they do get in trouble a lot but that's what makes the game fun to me :D

Time for an update.
    ... so, the sim's god decided to doom gift me twins right at the start, because apparently this couple isn't struggling enough as it is.
    First pregnancy in this save, twin boy & girl: Jared and Clover Austin.

1oqXtNJ.png
    UAYVW2R.png
    JIHACBc.png

I feel like this is more of a punishment than a blessing, but oh well.
    Anyway, Salali and Nate kept working on their job/aspiration nonstop for the next few days, acting as if they basically never even got the twins.
    almost lost them due to hunger and neglect way too many times yay best parents in the world
    Nate is starting to make some money out of gardening and Salali decided to at least try to chat with a few townies (mostly because her tense moodlet was starting to annoy me).

QARVh0z.png
    uxmvnVv.png

After a few days of constant pre-toddlerhood grinding, the twins aged up!
    "Honey, u jumped out of the crib in the middle of a heat wave, why in the world are you wearing a coat"

UvAlbaL.png

And here they are, the clones, Jared and Clover, bonding in the most wanted room of the house.

8pdC2yJ.png

Clover rolled the fussy trait. She has her mom's hair but dad's eyes (and I think even his complexion). Jared looks like a tiny Nate, but I think he definitely has his mom's nose. Not even kidding, he rolled the angelic trait.

ZfXg6lj.png
    IsofCRO.png

Since they grew up in the middle of a heat wave, here are some pics of the family having some fun with the water.

2OXpS9N.png
    MG2yaMg.png
    RjR3OFP.png
    dRXN4zr.png
    ELDsHdK.png

The toddlers had fun playing in the garden most of the time during the hottest days, even if that meant destroying Nate's plants.

B3ssqvy.png

"Join the fussy dark side, brother, we have much more fun."

XJbPhTG.png

angelic_Jared.exe is no longer responding

WXIbDnD.png

Well, now that the twins are toddlers the challenge feels definitely more challenging.
    And the bathroom remains the most wanted room in the house.

NzFcpNA.png
    LI0OkK2.png
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
    edited December 2018
    @JordanNicoleJJ What a great idea to create Spooky Day. I keep meaning to go in and get rid of some the silly ones I don't care for like fight day, but I have not done that. Your decorations look great. Awww Brook really is a cute dog. I love her. She reminds me of a Springer Spaniel only c olored like a Brittany Spaniel. Oh my gosh a bite on the nose! haha Awww but then he died. The party looked like a god time :) Aww how sad Reed quit scouts hehe Aww I love seeing Ben and Hunter being best buds again and fishing :) Awww look how sad Billie looks about the fleas. I'm excited you're usinging Philomena! That was so long ago for me!! It's funny how different a hairstyle makes someone look :) What a cute date Reed had with her and I love the idea of having a restaurant there. My sims hardly go there.

@amadazulsim Happy Holidays! Can't wait to see the fruits of your game play!

@OJenn Oh I love how you've started to redecorate that big old house. I had such a hard time tearing it down to finish of my challenge. Can't wait to go back and do a redesign challenge!

@Kiwicantdie I'm glad you found us again too! Welcome back. Nate and Salali are a great couple! Eeep! Bees in the house! Congrats on the new nooboo! Ha! Love the reaction. Oh my gosh! Look at all their bad luck! This was a great first update :)

Oh you are truly an official member of our group now! Welcome to where multiples are more common than single births! Oh my gosh, Jared and Clover are adorable! What an adorable little family! Another great update!
    Post edited by debjameswhite on
    edited December 2018
    @Rawla What a great idea to create Spooky Day. I keep meaning to go in and get rid of some the silly ones I don't care for like fight day, but I have not done that. Your decorations look great. Awww Brook really is a cute dog. I love her. She reminds me of a Springer Spaniel only c olored like a Brittany Spaniel. Oh my gosh a bite on the nose! haha Awww but then he died. The party looked like a god time :) Aww how sad Reed quit scouts hehe Aww I love seeing Ben and Hunter being best buds again and fishing :) Awww look how sad Billie looks about the fleas. I'm excited you're usinging Philomena! That was so long ago for me!! It's funny how different a hairstyle makes someone look :) What a cute date Reed had with her and I love the idea of having a restaurant there. My sims hardly go there.

@ amadazulsim Happy Holidays! Can't wait to see the fruits of your game play!

@ OJenn Oh I love how you've started to redecorate that big old house. I had such a hard time tearing it down to finish of my challenge. Can't wait to go back and do a redesign challenge!

@ Kiwicantdie I'm glad you found us again too! Welcome back. Nate and Salali are a great couple! Eeep! Bees in the house! Congrats on the new nooboo! Ha! Love the reaction. Oh my gosh! Look at all their bad luck! This was a great first update :)

Oh you are truly an official member of our group now! Welcome to where multiples are more common than single births! Oh my gosh, Jared and Clover are adorable! What an adorable little family! Another great update!

I think you tagged me above on accident. That is not my family. But thanks for thinking of me. <3
    @Rawla oooops! You're right that's @JordanNicoleJJ 's family! I'll go edit!! :D
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    I'm soooo late to this but this is a beautiful challenge idea - I love it! Your Sims are so beautiful, too. I really love their look - you have a unique design style.
  • blondiebabe923blondiebabe923 Posts: 202 Member

I've been playing a lot this past last week not much pictures but I do have a little update. All of the Galloway children have aged up into teenagers. I am leaning towards Niklaus. He did roll the actor aspiration and I really want to try that. Or I might choose Nina and just have her join. Here are all the teenagers.
    Noel and her mom
    12-26-18-8-33-07-PM.png
    Nora
    12-29-18-9-36-07-PM.png
    Nina
    12-30-18-12-43-25-AM.png
    Natalie
    12-30-18-12-43-32-AM.png
    Niklaus
    12-30-18-12-43-41-AM.png
    What do you all think? Who should be the next Heir?
    @storyy the beauty of our challenge is it's never too late to start! I'm about to finish and then I will start again. There are many who have just started. No pressure, but if you want to play please do!

@blondiebabe923 I would go with Niklaus
    My new house is taking FOREVER.
    Cpsv8.png
    Hi guys :smiley: I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season, and happy almost new year! I didn't disappear, promise! I've just been too busy with family stuff this past week to play or comment. Things are back to normal now though. I'm gonna play some today and hopefully have enough to post an update tomorrow. I'm playing on long lifespan like @JordanNicoleJJ and things are kinda boring/not update worthy day to day, but I'll do my best to get something posted.

@JordanNicoleJJ - You can't beat 50% off the newest pack. When I saw Get Famous was part of the holiday sale I knew I had to tell you. I'm glad you were able to get it. I got Get Famous, Fitness Stuff, and Luxury Party. Luxury mainly because I wanna use @Tellex 's new restaurant and I think that's the pack I needed most to make it look like it should. LOL "sims ultra graphics is my budget" that is SO me. I didn't know what I wanted/needed in a laptop but I knew it had to run the sims amazing. THIS is the laptop my husband got me. It's amaaaaaazing. It has an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 which makes everything beautiful. I don't know how much you're hoping to spend but I'd say if you're getting another laptop just find one with a dedicated graphics card, and not the built in Intel one. Thanks for the comments on my update. I always love hearing what you think :blush: It kinda amazes me how EA pays attention to detail with some things, like the frosted windows, and then totally takes the easy way out with the misletoe kiss :unamused:

omg I loved this update. You're totally making me regret not getting the Spooky Day SP. You decorated the house amazingly! :lol: Your poor sims having to carve pumpkins all day. I feel like it's hit or miss with the adopted dogs, but Brook turned out super cute! That picture of Hammy III and River :joy: RIP little buddy. I loved seeing Reed with all the girls at the party. I'm kinda bummed that Severine (I'm pronouncing it like Tangerine in my head lol) and him didn't click. There's just something about Philomena I've never really liked lol Oops. She was pretty cute trying to flirt with Reed though. River dancing all chilled out was the cutest :wink: Aw, it's nice to see Hunter and Billie have more time for their old friends now that the kids are getting older. I'm still upset I lost Ari and Ben's family on my old laptop. It's great to see them living on in your game. Um wow, Reed was looking fiiiiine asf on his date. I don't blame Philomena one bit for practically throwing herself at him :lol: I'm happy that he's happy BUT I'm kinda hoping Lupita comes in and steals him away :naughty:

@Rawla - Thank you :heart: I can't imagine having to try to switch my days and nights around. My husband works overnights sometimes and those days are always the roughest. I hope you're adjusting well!

@amadazulsim - Happy holidays Amada! Good luck with the updating :lol: Might as well just plan to leave your computer on for the day lol it's gonna take awhile. Once it's done I'm really looking forward to you sharing your family again!

@OJenn - Aw, Luna saying bye to her brothers was sorta sad. I like the new windows she put in, and that kitchen is amazing :love: I love seeing how you sectioned off the area different then mine. It's one of my fav parts of this challenge, the comparison of how we all do things just a little differently :smile: I also really love the entryway. Oh and A+ on Luna's outfit too :wink:

@Kiwicantdie - omg It's been so long! Hi! Nate and Salali are adorable. The picture of them standing by the big purple tree is gorgeous. Poor Nate's flowers :lol: My sim is currently butchering her flowers too lol. Love that shot of Salali enjoying the view :joy: omg they wasted no time getting to the babies. RIP Nate indeed lol I hope they can make their $8 stretch. The pregnancy really does seemed doomed. You shoulda named the baby Lucky or Destiny or something :joy: Oh wait, you got two babies lol of course. The pictures of them playing in the baby pool are adorable. They do look like their parents mini's right now. Great updates! Can't wait to see more!

@blondiebabe923 - I gotta be different and say I like Nora most. Her dark eyes and blonde hair won me over.

@debjameswhite - Oh wow, that's gonna be one big house! It's always really tough for me to build on the big lots, but it looks like you're handling the space well. I'm really excited to see it when you're done. You're building and decorating has really become some of my favorite parts of your updates :heart: and by the way I can't remember if I've told you but I love your banner! It's so great to see it all filled up with your couples from each generation. You've done a great job with it.
    @OJenn Luna's home reno looks amazing so far! I adore the last pic of her drawing up designs <3

@Kiwicantdie Ahhh welcome back!! I remember your updates from the old thread! Love love love your starting couple, and omg, your pics are gorgeous. You're making me miss Willow Creek. LOL poor Nate was terrified to have one kid, and he got two! It's a good thing Clover's too cute to stay mad at, because fussy toddlers are the worst... At least you lucked out with Angelic Jared :lol: The summer pics are adorable. I've gotta remember to get out all the water toys next time summer comes around in my game--I didn't even know we had sprinklers :lol:

@debjameswhite I really lucked out with Brook, she's super cute! I think she looks like a mix between a retriever and a spaniel, and I love it! I like that Philomena is so into Reed, but didn't give the other girls a chance, so I may still have him date around a little. We'll see! I much prefer the restaurant to the museum, museums need more interactions or something to make them worth going to.

Wow, that house looks huge! Can't wait to see it finished!

@blondiebabe923 I vote Niklaus! I wanna see the actor career in action!

@Heckstress17 That laptop looks amazing--and it's not ridiculously expensive either! All the ones I've been looking at are in the $1800-2500 range, and the one you have has basically the exact same specs! I'm hoping I'll have enough saved by March :smiley:

I was really rooting for Severine too! I'm not 100% set on Philomena--I think they're going to clash a lot considering his aspiration is to save money and hers is to spend it all on a huge mansion :lol: But the drama could be fun...so I'm torn. River hasn't aged up yet, so he may still have a shot at heir too :wink:

I've been crazy busy with the holidays and we got a TERRIBLE storm last week...The snow was nice, but then it froze over and the roads have been solid sheets of ice since Wednesday :grimace: To top it off, I came down with a bad cold this weekend and I'm only feeling slightly better today... :weary: It's just not been my week lol. At least I have the day off, so I'm going to rest and maybe play a little bit today. Hope everyone else's holidays went well!
    Does anyone ever promote their gallery? How would you even do that? I'm just curious cause I was showing my gallery to a friend who hasn't played for a while and I noticed my favorite house never got down loaded but then one of my other houses was downloaded 42 times. How was that house found but not other? Just curious if anyone ever did anything. I honestly don't really care, I post my sims and houses mostly for the people in this challenge <3
    @Debjameswhite - I believe that when you make something and put it on your gallery there is a little star tag on it to make sure its shown when other people see your gallery. I'd have to check to be sure though but that's what I remember off the top of my head. Also I am so excited to see you do the fixer-upper portion of the challenge. DO you have any idea which neighborhood you will start with? (I vote Brindleton Bay with @Heckstress17 and I :wink: )

@Heckstress17 - I will be posting pictures sometime this week because I have since changed the design again lmao. That downstairs area is so hard for me to decorate and furnish you made it look effortless and I love how your home turned out. Seeing the difference is a really nice part of this challenge, I agree!

@blondiebabe923 - Niklaus is definitely my favorite out of all the teens! I vote yes for him.

@Kiwicantdie - Welcome back! It's great to have you back and updating us again. Whoa twins right out of the gate, wow! Jared and Clover are adorable though and Clover is probably my favorite of the duo.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top