Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuild | Renew: A Sims 4 Genetics + Building Challenge

Comments

• OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited December 2018
    @Heckstress17 - You have the right of it, I made an error in my response to you. I'm sorry about that. Can't wait to see your updates and glad to have you back!

[Edited because Jenn is scatter brained]
    Post edited by OJenn on
  • debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    @Ojenn @Heckstress17 I think it should be fine to let @Heckstress17 just go with what ever she's doing this time! I don't want her to quit from frustration and I'm dying to see some updates!!

@Tellex I LOVE your outdoor restaurant. It's amazing and beautiful. Tane and Summer are so cute together. I'm excited to see their nooboo. Oh my gosh I love looking at the other couples at restaurants too. I love seeing and speculating! Your updates make me excited to actually start playing with the pack. Congratulations on all those nooboos! I can't believe this generation I had 3 single births!!
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    @debjameswhite I always love your family parties! Woah, that graveyard is pretty impressive--I never remember to get the urns/gravestones of the past generations lol. Awww, the new puppies are so adorable! Is that one a german shepherd puppy?? They're my favorite :blush: LOL, I didn't know the relics were cursed! I love it!

@Meeshelby Now the whole gang's back together, I love it! Welcome back! Oh my gosh...Chris lived through 5 whole generations?! That's crazy! I think my athletic sims only made it like one extra generation. @debjameswhite had a couple sims who lived a reeeally long time, and I know they were pretty athletic. Maybe it's luck?

@Rawla It's good to see you too! I really missed everyone. It feels good to be back.

@Tellex TS3 celebs completely took over--EVERYONE was a celeb, which made it so much less special! Good to know the world is small. I'm actually pretty happy about that lol. I think I'm going to buy the new pack for Christmas, if my laptop will hold out. I've started getting a "battery performance very low" warning and more lagging than usual, AND hp sent me a notification saying my laptop won't be supported in future updates, so I know it's time to upgrade... :grimace: I'm on generation 2-3, the parents are gen 2 and the kid and toddler are gen 3. I didn't play almost all year, so I'm pretty behind. I've been really lucky this game not to have the multiples curse AND I got two boys in one generation...that almost never happens!

Oh my gosh, I LOVE that restaurant. An outdoor restaurant is perfect for Oasis Springs! I really love all the color too, the jungle pack has some great decor. I love that everyone stayed faithful on Love Day, it's so cute seeing all the premade couples. Summer is so cute, love the vlogging pic :lol: Oh my gosh, drama! Marcus really gets around lol. Oh no, the multiples curse strikes already :astonished: Good luck with the triplets...I don't blame Tane for getting the snip :joy:

@Heckstress17 Thank you! Yeah, I'm still back on Gen 2 lol. Ari and Billie are still good friends! Ari has a daughter River's age, and a son Reed's age (who is Reed's BFF right now, he ALWAYS comes home from school with Reed lol) <3 I need to get Hunter and Ben out fishing together sometime. Maybe they'll go on a big family vacation together before the end of summer... Hamsters came with a pet-themed stuff pack I believe...Hammy I (the one in my update) already starved to death, they're on Hammy II right now :lol: I can't wait to see what you've been working on, I say just go with what you've already built and start playing! :grin:
    edited December 2018
    @debjameswhite @JordanNicoleJJ Definitely agreed! Go with what you have @Heckstress17

• RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    edited December 2018
    I deleted my comment. Too many things to decide first before introducing my new attempt...
    Post edited by Rawla on
    I can't remember how to get the cheats enabled so I can use the freerealestate. Can someone please refresh my memory?
  • Francisca464Francisca464 Posts: 738 Member
    OMG! I'm away for one... well, month lol and all of a sudden everyone is back?!

This is amaaaaazing!

I'm on my phone so I can't do a big post. But I will try to post something tomorrow. And sorry for disappearing again, not long after my last post I was readmitted to the hospital and had to get surgery again because I was in pain. It sucked.

Well, talk to y'all soon hopefully! ♥️
    OMG! I'm away for one... well, month lol and all of a sudden everyone is back?!

This is amaaaaazing!

I'm on my phone so I can't do a big post. But I will try to post something tomorrow. And sorry for disappearing again, not long after my last post I was readmitted to the hospital and had to get surgery again because I was in pain. It plum.

Well, talk to y'all soon hopefully! ♥️

It is awesome!
    Speedy good recovery to you. <3
    The pirate and the lady have settled in an empty Oasis Valley. 10 Generations style. I'm re-visiting this world for the fun of it.
    Kiozar and Molly Agentborn
    12-06-18_3-18-03_PM.png
    Oh my gosh guys! It's so awesome to log in and see so much chatter here. I missed it!

@Rawla Your new couple is very intriguing! They also just gave me a great idea of my next run through.

@Francisca464 I'm so happy to see you. I hope you're feeling better <3<3
    @debjameswhite - I'm loving all the chatter too. So exciting! Thanks! <3
    edited December 2018
    @Francisca464 I love how everyone suddenly came back at once! It has definitely motivated me to want to play again. I'm sorry to hear you had to have surgery. I hope you have a speedy recovery! Can't wait for another update on your beautiful family <3

@Rawla Love your new founding couple! A pirate and a noblewoman should make for a very interesting story!

I played way past my bedtime last night and was almost late for work this morning :grimace: ...but I have a big update to post after work!
    edited December 2018
    @ Francisca464 I love how everyone suddenly came back at once! It has definitely motivated me to want to play again. I'm sorry to hear you had to have surgery. I hope you have a speedy recovery! Can't wait for another update on your beautiful family <3

@Rawla Love your new founding couple! A pirate and a noblewoman should make for a very interesting story!

I played way past my bedtime last night and was almost late for work this morning :grimace: ...but I have a big update to post after work!

Thank you very much! Yay for upcoming updates!

edited December 2018
    I just spent the last 24 hours trying to troubleshoot my computer and it looks like my hard drive is fried and I can't even turn on my PC. So I won't be around for a bit while I try and come up with the funds to resolve this. I will try to keep up with everyone's updates but I can't promise much.
    OJenn wrote: »
    I just spent the last 24 hours trying to troubleshoot my computer and it looks like my hard drive is fried and I can't even turn on my PC. So I won't be around for a bit while I try and come up with the funds to resolve this. I will try to keep up with everyone's updates but I can't promise much.

Oh no!! :'( That stinks. *offers hug*
    @OJenn Oh no :anguished: We'll miss you while you get your computer sorted out!

I may still get my update up tonight, or it may have to wait til tomorrow... My boyfriend builds sets and runs the audio/lights for the local dance school's recitals, and Nutcracker premiers tonight, so I may end up helping with that.
    edited December 2018
    The very first child of my new family was born. Briana Agentborn is the daughter of a pirate and a lady. I gave Zarkion Kiozar the acting career and Molly is designing. She is notable and so the new baby is also at notable status.
    Post edited by Rawla on
    Update

Summer has arrived and brought seemingly endless thunderstorms to Brindleton Bay... The Riggs hate being cooped up inside :frowning:
    12-02-18_7-22-20c2a0pm.png

River grew to be a very inquisitive toddler, just like his big brother!
    12-02-18_5-53-34c2a0pm.png

Speaking of big bro, Reed is a straight-A student and making good progress on his Whiz Kid aspiration!
    12-05-18_8-33-31c2a0pm.png

Ari and Ben threw a surprise party for Billie and Hunter's birthday!
    12-06-18_6-55-42c2a0pm.png

I think the real surprise was that Bailey, their second child (born around the same time as River), is already a child!
    12-06-18_6-55-55c2a0pm.png

It looks like best friends Bentley and Reed had a little falling out. I think Reed was just going through a phase. Kids :tongue: Bailey was a social butterfly all night! Not sure if that's her aspiration, but it sure seemed like it.
    12-06-18_6-59-19c2a0pm.png

River passed out about an hour into the party. It was way past his bedtime lol
    12-06-18_7-00-01c2a0pm.png

The cake was amazing, and Billie and Hunter still look good in their middle age!
    12-06-18_7-11-31c2a0pm.png

All in all, it was a great party. They made some plans for the future too...Ben and Hunter are going to take the kids to Granite Falls for their first big camping trip before school starts, and Ari and Billie are going to take a girls weekend to Selvadorada!
    12-06-18_7-12-00c2a0pm.png

A heatwave brought clear, blue skies, and it finally felt like summer! Reed has taken an interest in astronomy, and Hunter figured what better time to put together his solar system diorama.
    12-06-18_7-59-18c2a0pm.png

And Billie decided little River needed to learn how to swim before the big camping trip.
    12-06-18_8-00-43c2a0pm.png

Diorama complete! Reed's very proud of it! He told Hunter he wants to be an astronaut when he grows up.
    12-06-18_8-04-43c2a0pm.png

They had a very small family-only party for River's birthday. He aged up with the Art Prodigy aspiration and the Gloomy trait--it's been awhile since I've had a gloomy sim!
    12-06-18_8-06-29c2a0pm.png

With Reed's birthday just around the corner as well, the boys got a big room makeover. River also got an art table and violin for his birthday.
    12-06-18_9-16-22c2a0pm.png

Reed got his presents early--a new desk and an element display. Now he's prepared to get those good grades in high school!
    12-06-18_9-16-38c2a0pm.png

Both of the boys are also in Scouts. River is a llama scout (level 1), and Reed is one badge away from Pegasus scout (level 4)!
    12-08-18_11-15-39c2a0am.png

When we all least expected it, tragedy struck the Riggs household...
    12-06-18_7-43-53c2a0pm.png

Koda had lived a very long, happy life, and she passed away peacefully in her sleep. RIP, Koda, you will be missed <3
    12-06-18_7-41-54c2a0pm.png
    @JordanNicoleJJ - Poor dear Koda. I love the boys' room you did. Looks awesome. Yay for growing up and family.
    @OJenn Argh! I am so sorry to hear about your computer. It is amazing to me that we have been doing this challenge so long that I think just about all of us have had a computer malfunction. I'm really sorry you're going through it now. I hope you can get it resolved soon <3

@JordanNicoleJJ Awww River is so cute with his little glasses. I love your party! It love when the sims have parties. OMG I can't believe Koda died I'm so sorry <3 I love the boys room make over and the little pets. So cute.
  • Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    edited December 2018
    Hey everyone, thank you for your replies to my questions. I'll be back to reply and comment myself but right now let's see if I can remember how to edit, upload, post etc. and get something up for you guys. :)

Fixer Upper Generation 1 Brindleton Bay

Does anyone remember little Violet? She was just a child on my Brindleton Bay save before my laptop took it's final breath. Luckily I was able to upload her and her family from some old files to use her to start the fixer upper challenge.
    0dyF8dm.png

Violet's all grown up now and moving into her very first home with her husband Kato and their dalmatian Pongo.
    tlcSlzF.png

Kato was a child from my very first family playing the Rebuilding Worlds challenge (Sorry I can't find his "baby" pics) <3 I thought it'd be fun to play with someone from the beginning, and someone from the "end" so to speak. I gave him a slight makeover. Sorry I couldn't help myself. :tongue:
    W8VKekm.png

They moved into the Houndshead mansion in Brindleton bay which Kato inherited from his family. He and his new bride have begun some minor renovations to give the house more of their own flair. The young couple only had 20k of their own money to start the renovations so it's mainly just some fresh paint and landscaping.
    RxouPze.png
    Wc7xMDm.png
    0CxqpFb.png

Violet enjoys spending time on her own and also loves the outdoors, so she has her own private garden in the backyard to get away to.
    NUB3MJa.png
    nixXLJs.png

Inside the couple tried hard to stretch their money. With only 20k and whatever money they could make off the original furnishings there are several unfinished rooms. The most important areas of the house are complete though.
    U6WwqzU.png
    IG4Lc4j.png

The formal dining area will probably never get used, but with it being part of the main floor they decided it was important to decorate anyways.
    ugj6Gad.png
    PRfVPbr.png

The kitchen was a must finish and turned out beautiful. Kato has decided that a kitchen this grand deserves to be cooked in and promised his wife he'd learn to cook so it's put to good use.
    CvhLxTl.png
    NOU4hwz.png
    NAeJu6T.png

Also on the main floor is a room overlooking the pool. Violet thinks it's the perfect place to relax and try her hand at flower arranging.
    DiBxkNE.png
    hHFTBwM.png

The only room complete on the 2nd story is the couples bedroom. This is right around when the money ran out, but all the necessities are here.
    tX6CC0y.png

And Pongo has his doggie bed so everyone is happy.
    zJsgqJn.png

Other parts of the house will be finished as the couple finds a way to earn money. That's it for now. Happy Simming!
    Post edited by Heckstress17 on
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
    @Heckstress17 Violet is gorgeous :hushed: And I remember Kato!! I love the throwback. For only 20k worth of renovations, that house is gorgeous!! You're really making me want to switch to the reno version...after I just spent all that time building the new house...lol. I especially love the kitchen and the flower arranging rooms--gorgeous! And as always your landscaping is phenomenal. I still need to work on that department myself lol. Love love love the update, can't wait for more!!
    @Heckstress17 Awesome that you are using two Sims from previous rebuild families. What a gorgeous couple they are too. And that house decorating.... WOW!! I'm so jealous of your Sims. I want to live there. <3:)
    @Heckstress17 I love how you picked your founders! I think it's awesome. I found this picture of Kato as a child :)Cf52E.PNG

I feel so bad, I'm about to tear that mansion down to finish my challenge but I love it! All the rooms look so beautiful.
    I couldn't figure out the codes to buy free real-estate so I began with a 10 generation back in one of the base worlds (oasis). My pirate and lady now have two toddlers. Briana and Jonathon. I let the random name generator in game determine their names. First role for each.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top