Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuild | Renew: A Sims 4 Genetics + Building Challenge

Comments

• OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    Alright everyone I just finished the list for the mates and all links seem to be working now! I am so excited for Friday!!!
  • Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    Hiiiiiiiiiii everyone!!! :) Thank you all for the mentions, I've tried to read them all but I'm sure I've missed some. I've missed you all and this challenge so much. I'm on my laptop for the first time in months and about to update my game and mods (wish me luck and patience lol) I'm excited for Pets, and even if I can't get it right away I still wanna get back into my game and play. I'll probably just start rebuilding Windenburg since a fresh start feels like what I need. Anyway I'm so happy to see the thread is still alive and well. :heart:
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    @Heckstress17 So happy to see you! Welcome back <3<3
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @Heckstress17 Oh my goodness! Hiiiiii Missed you! <3
    @Heckstress17 - Glad to have you back! I can't wait to see you and Deb's founders in game!

So I decided I was going to build Mini-Me a house and it's not terrible but I am feeling a little unsure because I hate roofing so much. Some of it will change once we get the new patch that brings octagonal roof types. But here is what I have so far.
    QThl4ZT.jpg

This was the inspiration, I just shrunk down the house a bit to work with the sims.
    oOTNfdF.jpg
    I'm skimming through the thread a bit to see what I've missed, then searching for floorplans so I can start building. I don't really remember how to build or decorate so I'm a bit scared lol let's hope it's like riding a bike.

@Rawla - I missed you too! I'm so happy to see you're still around!

@debjameswhite - I'm really happy to be back :)

@OJenn - The house is coming along really nicely! I love the inspiration house, and I actually think you're really nailing the roof.
    @Heckstress17 - You'll totally get the hang of building again. For sure!

@OJenn - You've done amazing. I'm impressed.
    edited November 2017
    So this is the final exterior result, I wont be adding too much to it until I get Pets so I can see what new items we get. Today and maybe tomorrow I will work on the main floor of the interior.

KUPk5N5.jpg
    @Ojenn - Do you have a particular site you go to, to find floorplans/blueprints for builds? You've done so beautifully. Makes me want to try doing a floorplan again. Its been a long while since I've tried.
    @OJenn - omg Jenn I am in love with what you've built! I spent last night building and bulldozing about 3 different houses. Building is definitely not easy, especially when it's a house with tricky roofs, but you're killin it! I can't wait to see the finished product. :smiley:
    @OJenn - omg Jenn I am in love with what you've built! I spent last night building and bulldozing about 3 different houses. Building is definitely not easy, especially when it's a house with tricky roofs, but you're killin it! I can't wait to see the finished product. :smiley:

I think I went through two different houses. And I think I might need to fix the house I built because the roof cuts into the second floor so bad :neutral: Like I think I need to make it larger.

@Rawla - I use so many different sites but here are my favorites.
    Houseplans.com
    dongardner.com
    Floorplans.com
    OJenn wrote: »

I think I went through two different houses. And I think I might need to fix the house I built because the roof cuts into the second floor so bad :neutral: Like I think I need to make it larger.

Ah, yeah the roof clipping into the 2nd story is a major problem I'm having. It's the worst because you get the exterior looking how you want it to, then go inside to decorate and it's a disaster. Roofs are the worst.
    OJenn wrote: »
    @Rawla - I use so many different sites but here are my favorites.
    Houseplans.com
    dongardner.com
    Floorplans.com

Oooh thanks so much for the links! I'll definitely check them out. :smiley:

edited November 2017
    Hi everyone! So happy to see this thread with new life! I spent the day building too. Obviously it will move to a different lot...but I was talking with @Ojenn about HGTV's Urban Oasis house, so I built one loosely based on it :) There were a few changes that needed to be made.

Urban Oasis House

Grrr my push account isn't working so I'm laborously adding them from imgur :)

OK...here is the front of the house
    B09iof7.png

This is the back of the house with a lovely view of the "screened porch"
    n9RRROH.png

Close up of the porch
    F6Qt8AD.png
    Patoylc.png

Here is the Master Bedroom...it's a little on the small side but it's OK :)
    kSNTlCZ.png
    ofqKXp9.png

The Master Bath is so small I had to take the picture like this for you to be able to see.
    d4Km2Gv.png

This is the Guest Bath
    PWa3y6J.png
    gvLt60B.png

This is the Guest Room
    qJmXr2W.png

The Living Room
    IMLeQUL.png

This is a view to the Dining Room from the Living Room
    EWXYfBM.png

A peek into the very blue kitchen
    rcmXX7l.png
    o2iqEhF.png

Another Bedroom
    dS1e90J.png

And the front porch :)
    FgXdwW7.png
    GvKCOEN.png
    @Debjameswhite - Oh my gosh it turned out so good! I was anxious to see your build after we talked yesterday. How long did it take you to build everything?
    Alo... @OJenn What an amazing job you did on your house! It looks great, I can't wait to see how you decorate.
    @Ojenn I started it this morning when I gout up at stupid 6am thank you day light savings...and I finished just before I left for my brother's at 2pm. So that's about 8 hours! haha I did take some breaks though.
    ydsm1.png
    Prelude B

So before I built my little house for Matias and Naomi…

David invited Rayen out to dinner. They were long gone when we got our restaurants so it was fun to let them have this experience!
    yfGja.png

They were very affectionate and I thought David was going to propose but I got distracted…so they were really miserable and I sent them home.
    yfGm0.png

Rayen really wanted to check on her garden when she got home. I think we need to discuss her attire when gardening.
    yfGoe.png

They’re becoming very friendly with the Wolfe family. They have a lot in common.
    yfGqZ.png

So I kept them in one of the original Willow Creek houses but I’m slowly remodeling to make the rooms look similar to how they did in their home.

This is their new master bedroom before redecorating.
    yfGq3.png

This is how it looks after.
    yfGuy.png
    yfGuU.png
    edited November 2017
    @debjameswhite - Ah! You built the HGTV dream home! I just saw it on a commercial the other day. You did a great job. I can completely sympathize with the 8 hours it took you to build it. I have no idea how anyone can do a speed build. I really love the covered porch. The room with the pink curtains is really nicely decorated too. My fav part of the house is how you did the curtains and windows in the living room. I think it's pretty funny you said you're adding your pics laboriously from imgur. That's how I always do mine. Does using puush really make it that much easier? Rayen looks so beautiful in her formal wear! Is that dress from Luxury stuff? Like you said before, it's nice to see the members of the Wolfe family alive and well. Which reminds me, did Greysen ever die? If he did I missed it.

@Rawla - I'm excited to see what you build. After discovering those floorplan sites my life became a whole lot easier lol
    I'm not a very good builder to begin with. Decorating is even harder. But those floorplans, I peeked at today are fascinating. I haven't been on Sims4 today. Maybe tomorrow I can work on one. :smiley:
    I'm so relieved to say that I'm 2 rooms away from being done with my Windenburg/Brindleton Bay house! :) So I expect to post a housetour sometime tomorrow.
    I'm so relieved to say that I'm 2 rooms away from being done with my Windenburg/Brindleton Bay house! :) So I expect to post a housetour sometime tomorrow.

That is so exciting! I still have a ways to go lol!

@Rawla - Glad you found the sites helpful. For decorating I would look up images of what you think you might want and try to recreate it in the sims. Like @debjameswhite did with her house.
    @Heckstress17 Thank you for liking my house :) I always love copying the dream houses and urban oasis houses. Yes, Rayen's dress is from Luxury Party. I might not know the imgar tricks...and I probably don't know all the tricks for push either. In push though I "push" them from the folder and it puts a link in my clip board that I can paste right away. No Greysen and Lawrence never died. Once I tried to switch to normal lifespan and Greyen and Lawrence both died so I quit without saving and switched back. I was planning to switch again but I just hadn't gotten there yet. Now I don't have to :)

I can't wait to see your new house!!

@Rawla I always use examples I find on the internet to try and decorate like @Ojenn says. After my blue house, I was really wishing sims had a big round table! Things can never be exact, but they can be close and eventually you'll start wanting to throw in your own things. I love building the houses but I tend to get bored when I start decorating but I love when it looks good.
    I was so excited! David and Rayen got invited out and Greysen and Sasha showed up and the Logan and Kenzie showed up and they were all making friends and things were going great and then Logan hit on Sasha. I had a whole lot of nope and quit. If something like that happens with the family I'm actually playing I'll go with it, but not any of my past founders/heirs. No no no!!! <starts over> hehe
    I was so excited! David and Rayen got invited out and Greysen and Sasha showed up and the Logan and Kenzie showed up and they were all making friends and things were going great and then Logan hit on Sasha. I had a whole lot of nope and quit. If something like that happens with the family I'm actually playing I'll go with it, but not any of my past founders/heirs. No no no!!! <starts over> hehe

Omg talk about awkward! I hope nothing happens with your new founders Deb!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top