Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuild | Renew: A Sims 4 Genetics + Building Challenge

Comments

• mattiemayhemmattiemayhem Posts: 47 Member
    @debjameswhite that house and family are sooo cute omg xD i gotta go thru and read ur chapters
  • MionaxMionax Posts: 287 Member
    Playing on short lifespan to age the heir up sooner is a good idea. I'll do that too.
    Origin ID:Mionax
    Origin #: madebymionax
  • debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    F7bs1.jpeg
    TO RAISE A WOLFE
    Callahan Family Tree
    Wolfe Family Tree
    Valentino Family Tree
    West Family Tree
    Wolfe Family Tree

Chapter 25: Strange Events and More Family Life

I do miss Caiden and Lauren. Nice to see they’re still going strong. It’s not weird at all they chose Harrison’s house.
    FT3do.png

Yeah Dad. It’s not weird at all that you were just in my closet. Look at this painting.
    FT3ej.png

They were actually there to drop Harrison’s little brother Reed over. Dance party with the toddlers!
    FT3fb.png

Days later Mom and Dad returned the favor so Harrison and Jools could go out.
    FT3hR.png

Jools picked this moment to announce they were pregnant again.
    FT3iI.png

The next morning, the toddlers were plotting.
    FT3k1.png

Let’s wakeup Mommy!
    FT3kZ.png

We’ll pretend we’re sad!
    FT3lp.png

We did it!
    FT3lK.png

One day this man got really angry with Harrison while Harrison was whispering seductively to his wife. For whatever reason he thought Harrison was the love of his life.
    FT3nT.PNG

He started stalking Harrison.
    FT3od.png

Sometimes hanging out in front of his house.
    FT3oz.png

Harrison had it out with him, but things only got worse.
    FT3pB.png

He couldn’t take no for an answer.
    FT3qm.png

It even went so far that one time he was waiting outside a bar for him with a friend. Harrison went back inside and called his brothers. When they arrived though the guy and his friend were gone. Harrison doesn’t know why, but he never saw that guy again.
    FT3r1.png

There were a lot of toddlers in the Wolfe family, and Harrison loved entertaining them all.
    FT3vi.png

Little Lia holding court.
    FT94h.png

Dad spreading the love.
    FT94C.png

Winterfest came.
    FT957.png

The toddlers had matching outfits.
    FT95y.png

So did Mom and Dad.
    FT96b.png

Things may not have worked out between Caiden and Emelia (@kiwicantdie) but the grandchild they share is a cutie.
    FT96K.png

Harrison is happy to have family surrounding him.
    FT97M.png

And the family is happy to eat his food.
    FT98h.png

The neglected second set of twins. These are the first pictures of them. Lance on the left and Cole on the right. Oh and also the toddlers aged up…here’s Lia.
    FT99K.png

Another date night with one of Harrison’s brothers.
    FT9cb.png

Here’s what was happening in Caiden and Lauren’s house. They were already raising Greysen’s twins, but somewhere along the lines they decided to foster an orphan. Caiden has a soft spot for orphans and Lauren wanted to support his passions. In his later years as a lawyer he had become a children’s advocate.
    FT9cw.PNG

I may be neglecting them, but Harrison certainly isn’t. Cole loves story time with Daddy.
    FT9eV.png

Both Tristan and Lia are musically inclined. It seems to run in the family.
    FT9gb.png
    FT9gk.png

New Year’s came.
    FT9h4.png

Harrison’s baby brother was finally a teen. (Totally would have been heir)
    FT9hY.png

Even while there was a visit back home Reed tried to set himself on fire. Totally should have been heir!
    FT9jd.png

I love them both though, and Harrison did give me Lia.
    FT9kc.png
    FT9lb.png

After mastering the violin, Harrison switched to piano and mastered that as well.
    FT9mr.png

Jools is touched every time she listens.
    FT9mS.png

The second set of toddlers aged up and the family made several trips to the park for fishing.
    FT9o9.png

They love going out.
    FT9oq.PNG

The new little boy that Caiden and Lauren took in likes to comeover to Harrison’s house after school. He hangs out more with Lia though rather than the other boys. She’s fine with that.
    FT9qg.png

Especially because her grandmother has been coming over more.
    FT9qU.png

Lia loves attention from grandma!
    FT9rr.png

They took a family trip to the coast one day looking for a stray dog. Unfortunately…or I suppose fortunately, they didn’t find any! They had a nice dinner that night though.
    FT9rY.png

The next day the family was surprised with a puppy.
    FT9sY.png

Lia took to her immediately.
    FT9ty.png

Months and years went by (while I feverishly tried to get her to adulthood prior to the expansion <failed>) and eventually Lia was a young lady. A studious young lady.
    FT9vx.png

She spent a lot of time with her cousins and Jay.
    FT9wK.png

Her and Jay had similar work ethics.
    FT9xh.png

It got to the point where they were hanging out more and more. Even alone.
    FT9y3.png

Having grown up together they were very casual. Not above a good water balloon fight!
    FT9A4.png
    FT9Bu.png
    FT9Ct.png
    FT9CL.png
    FT9CW.png

Their rough play soon turned to flirting.
    FT9Dx.png

They were spending lots of time together.
    FT9Eh.png

Time that led to little encounters.
    FT9EQ.png

Sweet, shy, awkward encounters.
    FT9Fu.png

Eventually, their tiny puppy Maddie grew up.
    FT9Gg.png

Lia was very focused on Maddie for a long time.
    FT9GW.png

As she gets closer to becoming an adult though, she’s becoming more interested in the world around her and making things a better place.
    FT9HT.png
  • AwenyaAwenya Posts: 36 Member
    edited June 2020
    I fixed my default eyes using a handy-dandy tutorial, and all my mods are functional again [except Balanced Calories... I've been too scared to put that back in my game]! I got in a significant amount of playtime tonight, so expect a big update tomorrow! :grin: I can't wait to catch up on the forum so I can comment on the posts that are continuing storylines that have been ongoing. I'm on page 71 :astonished: I'm getting there! For now, I'll comment on those that have just started out like myself.

@mattiemayhem I love your layout and your plan! It seems like you put a lot of thought into it. Also, Brianna is one of the prettiest and visually authentic Asian sims I have ever seen? I think EA has made it really hard to make Asian sims, but you did a great job! Do you have the Slice of Life mod? I noticed her pimples in the pool. I can't believe she gifted Geoffrey's urn. I genuinely laughed aloud; this was such a hilariously morbid moment. :joy: && Holly is cute! I love her so far. I haven't tried the gather water options or cooking frogs, but I think those totally work for the storyline aspect you are pursuing! Your challenge feels like a mix of "Rebuild" and a modified "Rags to Riches" :relaxed: How weird that Max had a deep voice as a child. That mental sound makes me giggle. && I can see why you amended your 20k rule, especially for other generations and townies! I think it's more than fair to have a higher budget for them. I love your little trailer house, especially with that cute domed roof! SO fun. I love Brianna's new door! So colorful amidst a neutral landscape.

@debjameswhite I had fun setting it up, but it did feel a bit pointless once I tore it down! :lol: Hooray! Thank you for the reassurance. My next post will have even more pictures, so I'm glad I wasn't going overboard with my last update. I ended up finding a way to fix my default CC eyes! If you want me to give a crack at fixing yours, I'd be glad to! I think that's okay in mod content if the Sims creator is no longer updating and I'm not distributing it as my own work. You remade your heir so authentically! With the new hotfix, were you able to get your save/heir back? If you're going with your new one, I'd make her head a tad skinnier to match the original model!

@JordanNicoleJJ I'm glad I'm not the only one! It seems you recover from your burnouts faster than I do, though, haha! Wow, I'm so impressed you made it to gen 10 in Willow Creek! I can see why the next rounds would be harder, though, since you're more used to thee challenge. :relaxed: Oh, I totally understand those binge-downloads! From what you described, that would make me tired, too! I don't use the tray importer like that. If I notice any CC that's off in my game, I will save a sim with just that CC on him/her, and then use the tray importer to delete those files. It locates the files for you and everything! Makes it much easier and less tedious, haha. I did fix my CC! Thanks for the well wishes :heart:
    ZRVBb9i2_o.png
    Origin ID: LadyZOOKOR
    @Awenya Thank you! I would like for you to fix my eye cc I'm also open to new cc. I've been using Nyloa Eyes. Which eyes do you use? All of my other cc seems to work fine. I was able to get my heir back! The first thing I did was save her to my library. I agree that the one I showed was a little bit off. I made her 2 more times after that and then the hot fix gave me back the original. So much wasted time!! hehe Since I wasn't going to make my deadline of getting her to young adult in time for the patch I went ahead and caught all my updates up. From toddler to teen in one update talk about long! Anyways, thanks again for offering to help with my eyes!

@everyone what eye cc do you use out of curiosity?
  • mattiemayhemmattiemayhem Posts: 47 Member
    edited June 2020
    Wow!! oh this is dangerous, I was just getting used to using non cc options but now that my cc may be fixed, I may be in for it again... As for the defaults I use mainly, I think I used Noodle CC eyes! I found them through watching Clare Sibohan on youtube!

Edit: here is the link to the 'clarity eyes'!

@debjameswhite you did it, you got Lia to Evergreen Harbor xD Super exciting! So much happened, so much history in that house- Guess you gotta update your signature image now though! I hope to see those little toddles more, so many BABIES

@Awenya good luck!! the read looks so daunting still, I think I'm at page 17 last i was on haha. Omg I think I just watched a really good tutorial on cc eye default stuff too- DANGEROUS, i'm TELLING you!!!! aaaaa! Thank you so much for complimenting little miss Brianna, I adore her so much. Yes, absolutely I'm a sucker for slice of life mod omg. It's so good. The period thing is the worst of it but that's easily removed. Brianna is a super adorable sim and I can't wait to see what her legacy will look like! I'm so excited to post my update, I got a lot done around the house and with Brianna! I'm just about to build the last house and finally- the park! Let's say that Brianna and Johnny moved fast- the next gen is on the way~ !!
    I use clarity eyes, too! Want me to send you my fixed version, @mattiemayhem ? I didn't modify them at all. Just made them run :sweat_smile: At least, they show up in my game and don't throw LEs, so I assume they're fixed. && Slice of Life is fun! I get a bit tired of mile-long mood buffs, so that's one I take in and out of my game as the mood strikes, haha. I was stoked to try KawaiiStacie's "After School Activities" mod, but the new patch broke it before I could :(

@debjameswhite I'll try my hand at Nyola eyes today! I hope it works out. It's silly that something as small as CC eyes makes a difference, but it really does! I'll PM you a link (if that's possible? I haven't actually direct messaged on this site before) once I'm done. :smile:
    ZRVBb9i2_o.png
    Any one having a problem where a sim calls to ask your sim to go somewhere and you click ok but then your sim doesn't go?
  • blondiebabe923blondiebabe923 Posts: 202 Member
    So I was looking at the next mates for gen 10 for BB and Bianca Butterfield is not available anymore. Can we add a new person?
    @blondibabe923 I have her still, I'll add her for you.
    @debjameswhite thank you! I looked at pierre Jackson but there would be a good contrast with my heir Reign.
    edited June 2020
    FTry1.PNG

Bianca Butterfield Here!

@Ojenn can you add her to the front of the challenge?
    Update!

Holly enjoyed her first day of school, but she was a bit bummed out about not meeting any friends. This was coupled with the fact that her parents couldn't stop talking about the new baby that was supposed to come any day now. Sure, she was excited, but did it mean that she would be forgotten?
    ZagTtN1x_o.png

The next day, she decided to take one of her problems into her own hands and introduced herself to anyone who seemed remotely interesting. Coincidentally, she only befriended boys. Like, 5 boys. Eager for companionship, she invited one of her new friends to the park. He showed up looking pretty down.
    "Do you want to play a game?!" Holly asked eagerly.
    "Not really..." he replied glumly.
    taSV2C0w_o.png

Holly tried her best to cheer him up. If he wasn't going to play, she could at least help him feel better.
    aWFn5O6j_o.png
    3ChdBd4B_o.png

Well, her encouragement sure triggered something! Right before her eyes, this sulky boy aged up into a teenager! She felt pretty proud that she helped him through his first pubescent mood swing, but ultimately decided the age gap between them was a bit too large for them to really be close friends.
    Ku9CC5ln_o.png
    CxWl2NYq_o.png

The sulky teen left right after, but that didn't stop Holly. She called up the next kid she met from school, and he showed up at the community garden right away! The only thing that she knew about him was his name: Guillermo Goth (seriously, game? What the heck?). They sat and talked to get to know each other more, and to her relief she found out that he went by a nickname: Gil. She also learned he's a bit of Slob, but he was a boy, so that was almost a given.
    "Hey Gil, let's go swing!" Holly gushed enthusiastically.
    "Okay!" Gil responded, jumping up and following her to the swingset.
    lZ3xev0Q_o.png
    EW5jDCPk_o.png

Fully satisfied with meeting new people and feeling a bit more confident, Holly made it home in time for dinner. Unfortunately, Gil had taught her a new word that was not very nice. Feeling extra bold, Holly decided to try it out on her father. He wasn't pleased with her newfound language.
    qsKzpMfh_o.png

"You are never to use that word again, Holly. Do you understand?"
    "Yes, Dad..."
    Man, nothing takes the wind out of your sails like a lecture! :( All joy that Holly had gleaned that day vanished, and she once again felt isolated from her parents, but especially her dad. They used to be so close... what happened?
    gDGIGrLj_o.png

Meanwhile, Amelia was still experiencing a rough pregnancy. Between trying to make sure Holly had her homework done and was fed, freelancing, and growing a human, she was tuckered out. She didn't even make it to her bed that night! She, too, was feeling pretty alone. She managed to drag herself to bed eventually.
    70QHIBMl_o.png

In the wee hours of the morning, she went into labor. When she went to deliver the news to Lonan, he was working hard trying to upgrade their toilet before his shift started at work so that it wouldn't break quite so much.
    "Honey, I'm in labor. I think I should go to the hospital."
    "Okay, go, then. I can't leave this halfway done, we'll have a flood in the house!"
    Dejected, Amelia went to the hospital to give birth alone.
    N8UtGUka_o.png

There was a good reason this pregnancy was so much harder on Amelia! She had a BOY! .... and a surprise girl?! Twins! How did they not know beforehand?! They didn't have the space for twins, but they squeezed the bassinets into Holly's room. When Holly woke up for school, she was not pleased with this surprise.
    HibLMcwG_o.png
    Av30asfK_o.png

In fact, things had gone on for long enough. She stomped out of her room to give her father a piece of her mind while her mom took care of the new babies Linden and Jasmine.
    "Two?! You didn't tell me there'd be two! There's no room in my room for two! How could you keep this from me?"
    CxCF7o4K_o.png

"Sweetie, we had no idea there'd be two, either. We are just as surprised as you are. But just think - more to love!"
    "You mean there's just one more reason to ignore me!" Holly cried, and Lonan softened once he realized what was going on.
    "No one can replace you, baby girl. You're our star. You made us parents," Lonan comforted, and Holly sniffled. When did she start crying? Wasn't she just angry? "But you're right, your room is too small for three of you. We'll work on expanding it right away once I get home from work. It'll work out, lovey, I promise."
    Well, Holly and Lonan made their peace. Maybe she wasn't being forgotten after all.
    gIP5qRZA_o.png

The twins slept through the entire argument. Holly went to school, Lonan went to work, and Amelia tried desperately to get a few winks of shut eye in between alternating babies waking up and screaming. This isn't easy anymore, she thought to herself in despair and on the verge of collapse.
    LgrRZmfh_o.png

Holly decided to invite Gil over after school, and being the Competitive person she is, she decided to play him in a game of chess while Lonan read up on how to add an extension to the house in his Handiness for Dummies book. However, Amelia's current mental state was written all over her face. He wouldn't be reading for long.
    6WTR9BFo_o.png

Seemingly without warning, Amelia went off.
    "I can't do this by myself, Lonan. I feel unsupported. You didn't even take time off this time, and we have double the amount of infants in the house! I need help around here!"
    (Also, how CUTE is her angry face?)
    jVYgrIAZ_o.png

Lonan, blindsided, was quick to defend himself.
    "How could I know that you were worn down if you never told me? I've been trying to support our family, too, you know. Bills are a thing! I repair everything that breaks on top of having a full-time job. You get to stay home all day!"
    Q7q2mjl7_o.png

"I get to stay home all day? I write, I cook, I clean, and I take care of two babies that never are upset at the same time! I don't get any sleep or rest, and by the time everyone else comes home I'm cooking dinner and making sure Holly is doing well in school! You need to step up!"
    With that, Amelia stormed off and went to bed to get some much needed sleep after being completely physically, mentally, and emotionally drained.
    7vQdDLFw_o.png
    3ifib85g_o.png

Lo and behold, there was a cry coming from the kids' room. While Lonan fed Jasmine, he mulled over what Amelia had said. When Jasmine still fussed despite being full, he realized just how much work went into comforting the babies when they were upset and knew Amelia was right. He immediately called in to work to take family leave.
    J8KAGtBQ_o.png
    R0dxrsb7_o.png
    4lLoMDPE_o.png

Holly and Gil came in, blissfully unaware of the domestic spat they missed, and Holly invited Gil to do homework with her. He had other priorities, though.
    gxwkLdS1_o.png
    8usqWpZ8_o.png

"So... who's the boyfriend?"
    "Dad! Shh! He'll hear you! And he's just a friend!"
    UX0yoqLg_o.png

Amelia woke up feeling refreshed and more in love with her babies than ever. It's amazing what a good sleep and a cathartic sharing of emotions will do for the soul! Luckily, Holly slept through any fussing they made during the night.
    wrru9GkI_o.png

Lonan felt badly about his inattention to Amelia's needs. Luckily, today was the perfect day to remedy that situation because it was Love Day! He thought it would be nice to get dressed up and go to a sweet little cafe in Windenburg, and at first the setting was so romantic. They were getting on just fine again...
    DsxjBBvJ_o.png
    VhvViO78_o.png

Unfortunately, it seemed everyone else had the same idea! The crowd was not ideal for a quiet date alone.
    bB8PMV8n_o.png

Luckily, the outside seating provided some privacy. Lonan made sure to tell Amelia how grateful he was to have her in his life and to go out of his way to make her feel loved and appreciated. Amelia sure appreciated it ;)
    2Dcusxqh_o.png

When they got home from their date, to their surprise it was already the twins' birthday! The little tots just couldn't wait to bound out of their bassinet, so they aged up immediately! Linden, firstborn of the two, was Independent and Jasmine rolled Wild. (pre-makeover pics) Well, they immediately went to join the festivities! Holly invited Gil over to hang out, and Lonan kept an eye on them on the front porch. He always jumps in to chaperone wherever they go!
    fTzvX8Pd_o.png
    ia5AwCl5_o.png

Lonan decided to figure out just what sort of character Gil was now that Holly was spending so much time around him.
    "Gil, why don't you come have a seat and talk with me? We can get to know each other a bit." Lonan invited, and Holly protested.
    "Dad, we came over to hang out together. Can't we just go inside?"
    "Go put your bowl away and we'll be right behind you."
    Hdie97gq_o.png

Holly went in and cranked some tunes, and sure enough Gil and her dad followed shortly after. They danced together while little Linden looked on in delight. Well... not together. Lonan made sure of that.
    pzxjGraW_o.png
    D3Hq6STy_o.png

Finally, Lonan left momentarily to give them a little privacy. Well, as much privacy as you can have with two toddlers underfoot. And Holly wouldn't stop looking at Gil like this... Hmmm... does someone have a crush?
    7YDWcMM6_o.png
    KIAauXUi_o.png

The next day, Amelia and Lonan woke up to the startling fact that they were now approaching middle age. With an almost teenaged daughter and two twins, it was time to "grow up" a bit on the outside as well. In anticipation for their joint birthday party that day, they both decided to get their hair cut, and of course Lonan had to get two more tattoos to honor his offspring. When they got home, Lonan decided to sit Holly down and talk.
    "So, Holly. This Gil. He's a pretty fine fellow. What do you think?"
    "Yeah, I mean... he's pretty cute --- I MEAN COOL, I guess."
    "Yes, I knew you liked him! Score one for Dad!"
    "Dad... -_-"
    NRVlYjGZ_o.png
    88ZSZiJI_o.png

Finally, the day ended with a celebration to officially usher Lonan and Amelia into adulthood. Holly, of course, invited Gil over to party with her family. He was more than happy to partake in the festivities.
    gMwZeXlp_o.png
    3yEbCIQd_o.png

Even the twins showed up in their party attire to celebrate (after a nap, of course)!
    m0wDlBo2_o.png

Amelia ended the day by trying to help Holly with her homework. Unfortunately, it seems school has changed a bit since she was there.
    "I swear to you, just carry the one. It's the simplest way to solve this problem!"
    "I'm telling you mom, our teacher doesn't want us doing math that way! We have to show all the steps!"
    Oh well; they got through it eventually.
    N5TPHSce_o.png

As the party wound down, Holly enjoyed a bit more time with Gil as they play-fought.
    xcI5Rre3_o.png
    J754buHE_o.png
    Oh yeah. She likes him.
    CSw8F6Nq_o.png

I'll leave off with two CAS pics of the twins! They sure are cute. Jasmine has so many freckles that she inherited from her mom, and Linden has some freckles, too. I love my mod that makes freckles inheritable, but man! So many! Their matching beauty marks sure are cute, though. :heart:
    WzHRFjJk_o.png
    miXX89Oq_o.png
    Both twins have the same skintone that is an even split between their mom's and dad's. Other than that and their hair, I love how different they look already!

How will I ever pick an heir?!
    ZRVBb9i2_o.png
    Great updates. :)

I don't use CC.

• OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    I will be trying to catch up today, I'll be back for comments and I'll add your sim to main page as well @debjameswhite
    @Awenya I love the look on Holly's face in that first picture. She truly does look annoyed with her parents who are being quite oblivious! I love her little friend who didn't want to play. Little did we know it was because a moody teen lurked beneath the surface. But then she met Gil so yay for that! I love the swing with the sunflowers. I'm going to say that every time!!! OMG the word! I love it. NO!!! He did not send her to the hospital by herself!!! Argh!! Turn the water off man! WELCOME TO THE MULTIPLE CURSE! You are truly a member of this challenge now :) hehe Oh no! The babies are in Holly's room? Yeah can't blame her for being angry! hehe Aww it's so sad to see Lonan and Amelia fighting! It's good Lonan stepped up after that argument. I love Lonan teasing her about Gil. It's so cute. Their date was also cute but look at those little babies! Awww our little Holly is growing up! First crush! I love Lonan sitting Holly down for "the talk" on the beds of sleeping children. Oh gosh Holly! The sass! That's a great picture. You do have a hard choice ahead of you! They're all so cute. Good luck choosing an heir!!
    edited June 2020
    @debjameswhite This episode did have some drama for sure! Once I saw the twins appear, I was like, "Nooo, the multiples curse has struck again!" Haha. I finally feel like I belong to the challenge, though, so that's positive! :D I love the sunflower swing, too! I can't wait to catch up on your story. I'm now in the 80s for this forum, so I'm getting close!

Build Update!
    I really wanted to build a coffee shop/cafe + library combo, but I was so daunted in the actual building part. I have been thinking about this for days, but commercial lots really freak me out for some reason. I ended up getting this build off the gallery (builder: noginogiman) and then I changed it up + added an entire second story and activities to do in the back!
    bnjrDK4N_o.png
    DHW5kCpO_o.png

The cafe was originally styled for Windenburg, so I changed it up to make it fit Willow Creek a bit more. Looking back at these shots, I have a desperate desire to change the flooring on the first level since I redid the walls. I, uh, also just realized the stairs disappeared somewhere in my building process? Lol! Definitely needs a bit of work.
    jeLMDbUY_o.png
    3lKo8kO3_o.pngMAyRFadj_o.png

I moved the bathroom upstairs and made "stalls" since I don't have Discover University. I'm actually pretty pleased with the overall floorplan even though it's tiny. I especially love that kids' corner! :heart: I just noticed the siding somehow jumped inside when I changed it last minute. Excuse that and the badly placed painting above the stairwell :joy: Those will be fixed!
    7zkoKeiG_o.png1sVvougH_o.pngsDYa5v8M_o.pngin9EUZSO_o.pngAM1l4ufV_o.png
    As a bonus, toddlers and children can work on every skill here! To work on socialization, they'd have to talk with people. But other than that, there's an object that they can use to increase everything!

I still need to play test it which I plan on doing once I jump back into the Shale family. I love this little lot but I can already see taking pictures in here being a nightmare. I tend to build small and tight, which worked until I joined this forum and needed to document my Sims' lives! lol oh well!
    Post edited by Awenya on
    ZRVBb9i2_o.png
    I have a problem that I'm sad about. I've been using Puush for my image storage for this challenge and I realized they've been removing pictures at an alarming rate. Apparently, if you don't get enough views on the pic they take it down. The views also have to be consistent so eventually, they all come down.

Where do you all store your pictures for the challenge? I maybe be looking for a new home for mine. How sad I know if there pictures are gone I don't typically read story posts.

@Awenya Your in the 80s for this thread? Oh my gosh! I can't believe you've done all that reading already! Good for you!! I love your little commercial building! It's really cute. You're doing it almost exactly how I did mine at first too. My first lot was a restaurant that I downloaded from the gallery but I changed a great deal of it to make it my own. My second serious attempt was when I did Windenburg and I actually love those. In fact my redo of the gym has the most downloads of all my content. It's not a lot, but it is a lot for me! But basically I took the buildings that were there and transformed them into my own buildings. Finally when I got to this version of Willow Creek I did all my own community lots and I'm really happy with them. You'll get there eventually too!

Haha I love your build. Thank you for giving us a tour! It's really cute and what a great idea to make it so the kids can work on their skills there. Mom can have a latte while baby draws pictures :) small and tight...hehe yes me too. Love taking pictures in a 6 tile bathroom!
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    Popping in for a quick hello between gaming sessions - I love the new pack! I'm starting over with new founders, and I'm going to do a 5-gen fixer-upper version. I feel like there just aren't enough lots to do a full 10-gen, but I do want to spend some time in this world. I'll be back to comment on updates (and hopefully post my own!) soon.

@debjameswhite I've been using wordpress for most of the challenge, and all of my pics seem to be fine. I used to use blogspot and I think those pics are still up too. I know tinypic, imgur, puush, etc. all delete or recycle URLs eventually (by recycle I mean they'll assign the URL to a new pic that someone else uploads - which can lead to some really weird/awkward/inappropriate pics showing up). You might be able to get away with google drive or google cloud as well, though I'm not sure if uploading a pic to those creates a URL, you'd have to do some testing.
    @mattiemayhem Brianna and Zest make a cute couple. You think building small is hard?? I can't build big houses to safe my life :lol: The layout is always weird, and I never know how to furnish/decorate big spaces. I think you did a fine job with the starter homes, and I love Brianna's colorful front door!

@debjameswhite I'm so glad you got your saves back! I haven't checked mine yet. My game has some weird, random lag right now...it lags when I go to load a save, but it didn't lag when I created a new save and just press 'play' from the main menu to access the new save. I'm also getting horrible lag when I enter build/buy mode, which I think has something to do with dumpster diving then accessing found items in the household inventory (that's when I first noticed it, but it hasn't gone away despite selling those items and completely emptying my household inventory). New packs always bring weird new quirks to the game lol.

Oh man, I knew they had a girl, but I wasn't expecting twins! The whole family is growing so fast. Your kids are gonna have lots of cousins to play with as they grow up -- so fun! The toddos are too cute. Oh man, preggo again? I shouldn't be surprised anymore, you always fill up your household lol. LOL those tods are little trouble makers! "Let's wake up mommy - let's pretend we're sad" and that smug hug after!! Uhhhhh...that's one creepy stalker :flushed: OMG those matching Winterfest outfits are soo cute! Another set of twins, oh man. I totally know what you mean - I totally neglected Packard in my game, but he and Cam actually spent more time together than anyone else in the fam! At least our sims make up for our shortcomings sometimes :lol: Harrison playing music for Jools was such a sweet moment :heart: And Lia cuddling with grandma :heart::heart: Lia's so gorgeous! She's such a good mix of her parents too. Is Jay a gene pool mate? If yes I'm totally shipping them, they look like they have so much fun together. AHHH and now she's in Evergreen Harbor!!! I'm so excited for another update!

@Awenya Holly's such a little sweetheart. I'm so glad she made some friends :blush: And then the parent gotta go ruin the whole day :tongue: Oh I feel for Holly -- I would be so mad if I woke up to surprise twins in my room too! Amelia is me - her expression when Holly and Gil are playing chess is me 24/7 :lol: Good for her telling Lonan what she needs -- open and honest communication is the best! And good for Lonan for stepping up and taking time off work to help. It's tough when you've got financial problems, but sometimes just being present and helping out is better than saving up for that new house addition. Oh man what a sweet Love Day date :heart: I can't believe I never thought to go to a cafe before...I always forget those exist in this game :sweat_smile: The twins are adorable!! Everyone's makeovers look so good. I swear, sims aging up and getting age-appropriate makeovers is my fav part of this challenge :lol: Whaaa - what is this inheritable freckles mod you have?? I need it! Er yeah, good luck picking an heir...they're all too perfect to pick favs! I struggle with community lots too, but your cafe/library looks amazing! It's super cozy and actually has things to do! 10/10, would grab a coffee there.

I've got some pics for an update, I'll post that in a bit :smiley:
    edited June 2020
    Rebuild Evergreen Harbor: Gen 1

Finnegan and Winona met in college. They couldn't have been any different -- Finn was studying art and Nona was studying botany -- but they shared an environmental science class. They were both deeply moved by the class, causing them to drop out of college and completely change their lifestyles. They sold most of their possessions and pooled their money to buy a plot of land in the industrial zone of Evergreen Harbor, which clearly needed the most help.

Finnegan has the Master Maker aspiration and the Maker, Freegan, and Recycle Disciple traits.
    ea1.png

Winona has the Eco Innovator aspiration and the Green Fiend, Loves Outdoors, and Vegetarian traits.
    ea2.png

They also adopted a raccoon that was living in the dumpster on their property. Apparently all of the locals call her Garbage. She has the Territorial, Mischievous, and Glutton traits.
    ea3.png

Nona knew Evergreen Harbor was in bad shape -- but she didn't know it was this bad...trash lined the streets, old shipping containers piled up haphazardly, pipes and other metal debris left to rust...
    ea4.png

Even her own home looked "industrial." Aside from the dew collector, recycler, solar panels, and wind turbines (which took every last simoleon they had), there wasn't anything "green" about it.
    ea5.png

She shook off the negativity and got right to work. The garden would take awhile to mature, so she needed to start planting right away. Her brief education in botany came in handy -- she knew exactly which herbs, fruits, and veggies to plant for the season.
    ea7.png

Finn couldn't stand the sight of trash piling up everywhere, so he started digging through and sorting out the recyclables and compostables.
    eb7.png

Poor guy isn't handling the smog well though. Coughing fits kept interrupting his recycling :confused:
    ea6.png

One of their neighbors, Knox Greenburg, stopped by to welcome them to Evergreen Harbor. He and Nona hit it off immediately -- they're both green fiends and outdoors lovers! Nona got a lot of good information about "neighborhood action plans," the attitudes of other neighbors, and the utility usage in Evergreen Harbor.
    ea9.png

They ended up tag-team-lecturing Finn for "wasting" their limited energy to check his email.
    Finn: "I'm looking for a job! We still have to pay taxes, ya know!"
    ea8.png

Then the most iconic elder I've ever seen rode by on her bike. This is my new fav sim ever. Step aside Bella Goth, there's a new queen in town :sunglasses:
    ea10.png

Knox offered to introduce Nona. Turns out, this lovely lady, Mary Greenburg, is one of Knox's adoptive moms! They became fast friends. She even offered to vote with Nona on this week's NAP. Bless this woman :heart:
    ea11.png

Knox and Mary showed her where to find all the info on this week's NAPs, and they all voted for "Clean Energy Production" -- easy enough for Nona and Finn -- taking the lead away from "Tech Support" by just 1 vote!
    ea12.png

Morally satisfied but tired and hungry, Nona made her way home to grill up some fresh fruit for dinner. She quickly discovered that grills are slightly more flammable than dorm microwaves...(only slightly though, they'd suffered through ten too many fire drills thanks to freshman somehow burning water).
    ea13.png

Those fire drills must've paid off, because Finn saved her life. But dinner was ruined, and Nona was over it. Finn took over dinner duty, while Nona used up what little water they collected to take a (cold, super quick) shower.
    ea14.png

As they sat down to eat, they realized this is going to be a lot harder than they thought. All they could hope for is that the community vote for clean energy... On a brighter note, Garbage is THRIVING :lol:
    ea15.png

When they went to bed that night, they realized...they hadn't even hugged before, let alone slept next to each other...they weren't really that close at all. It was a little awkward, but it was cold and windy, and they needed some form of comfort after such a long, hard day. They fell asleep huddled against each other, both figuring they'll deal with whatever awkwardness may come of it in the morning...
    ea16.png

EDIT: Also, I didn't make my founders, I got them off the gallery and gave them makeovers + changed aspirations/traits/names. So don't give me credit for their cute faces lol. I think Nona looks native american, and Finn is obviously white. With his red hair/green eyes I think he looks a little Irish, so I went with an Irish name. I hate coming up with last names, so if anyone has suggestions feel free to share :lol:
    @JordanNicoleJJ Great story! I like the raccoon too. A last name idea could be, 'Harbor', for the future generations to know where their founders came together to change the world.
    @JordanNicoleJJ Awwwww...I saw you say you would have an update and I was so hopeful it would be tonight :) Your new founders!!! <3<3<3 and that raccoon. I'm so in love already and I've only seen the first 3 pictures!! haha Oh my gosh Finn's butt hanging out of the dumpster made me laugh. He's so cute and Nona is so pretty. Aww I felt so bad for them after Nona's fire. Finn looked so sad! OH they're not even a couple yet! I love this! Just both in love with saving the world. My native american from the first time I did the challenge had the last name Calfuray. You could use that and they could be related! :) No pressure though! For Finn I would suggest Flynn because Finn Flynn makes me laugh but more seriously Kane and Murphy are both Irish names that mean some type of battler and they will be fighting a war against pollution!

News came suddenly and unexpectedly that Lauren had died. Harrison and his family all raced to his parents’ house. Harrison and Lia were so worn out by the news that they both fell asleep.
    FV1tm.png

Later, Jay convinced Lia to go out for dinner. You still have to eat he had said but she was still very upset.
    FV1vD.png

He couldn’t stand seeing her this way. He was hurting too. Lauren had been like a mother to him for a very long time.
    FV1wh.png

Meanwhile Harrison made sure to keep his father occupied.
    FV1wN.png

They started playing chess again.
    FV1yn.png

At the funeral the entire family was there.
    FV1yY.png
    FV1zf.png

Even an old familiar face turned up.
    FV1zS.png

Winterfest came and it was hard on the family to not have Lauren there.
    FV1BB.png

Lia and Jay were as sweet as ever.
    FV1C0.png

The next day they lost power in a storm.
    FV1DT.png

Caiden was staying with Harrison just for a few days for the holidays but he started having strange dreams. Some of them had his son’s friend Logan in them.
    FV1Go.png

Some were about the big house on the hill. He remembered when his grandfather had told him about dreams he was having about that house too.
    FV1Hv.png

In one dream he met this woman he could barely see. She was so happy to see him.
    FV1Ih.png

In the attic of the big house there were 3 bassinets. He remembered that once, he had been one of a set of triplets.
    FV1IT.png

He found the ghost woman playing chess with Logan. Was he losing his mind?
    FV1Jh.png

Logan assured him he wasn’t. His name wasn’t Logan. Unknown to Caiden, his grandfather Greysen had also been an orphan. He had been taken in by several families when he was growing up, but the last two he remembered the most. Logan Lawrence had been Greysen’s final mentor and he and Sasha had named Lawrence for that family. When Lawrence needed a name to hide behind, Logan seemed the logical choice.
    FV2kI.png

Finally Lawrence, his father, brought him home.
    FV2ql.png

That night Lia couldn’t sleep. She could feel something was happening.
    FV2rF.png

They had temporarily set up a bed in the office. Caiden hadn’t agreed to move in yet, but Harrison planned to work on him. Caiden woke up ready to tell Harrison what he had dreamed. He was sure it wasn’t a dream. It fit too well with what his grandfather had said. Suddenly though, he didn’t feel well.
    FV2vH.png

This is how he was found the next morning.
    FV2wv.png

Harrison was devastated to lose both his parents within months of each other.
    FV2x6.png

Lia found comfort with Maddie.
    FV2y3.png

Once again the family all gathered for a funeral.
    FV2zj.png

Kyle’s wife was very pregnant.
    FV2zL.png

Just a few days later it was New Year’s Eve. Time for new beginnings and the family gathered once again. It was hard losing anyone but there were young children in the family. Life would carry on.
    FV2Ad.png
    edited June 2020
    @JordanNicoleJJ I love your founders. They are going to make cute babies and I can't wait to read more of their story. I love your writing.

@debjameswhite I'm so sad with everyone dying. Your heir is gorgeous. I am looking forward to the house you hace designed for her. Your building are amazing.

A small update from me. Since the last two were born and none of the kids had Sam's eye I haven't played as much. I went in today and built the next heirs house. After seeing all of everyone's builds with loads of clutter and functionality plus color schemes. I found a house blueprint I liked. Here's the blueprint Screenshot-20200610-233527-Pinterest.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top