Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuild | Renew: A Sims 4 Genetics + Building Challenge

Comments

• Options
    debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    Is anyone else struggling to recover their save?
  • Options
    @JordanNicoleJJ Well, this was my heir but the game is not letting me play this save at all :(
    FSnir.png
  • Options
    tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    @debjameswhite My game crashed entirely when I tried to load my save just now. Must be a problem with the new patch...not good 2 days before EP release :grimace: On a much brighter note though, I LOVE your heir!! She's so cute!!
  • Options
    MionaxMionax Posts: 287 Member
    @mattiemayhem Great story :smile:
    Origin ID:Mionax
    Origin #: madebymionax
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I have not tried to open my rebuild save yet. My other save works okay so far.

Edit: My rebuild save opens okay.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @debjameswhite I just checked my Norwood Legacy save, and it crashed the game while loading as well :confused:

Edit: I thought it might be a cc conflict (I've got a few cc hairs lol), but it disabled cc/mods upon loading so it's definitely not that. I'm gonna do some digging and see if there's a solution or if we've gotta wait til they patch the patch lol.
  • Options
    @mattiemayhem I love your story! The "nuclear blast" storyline is perfect for Oasis Springs. I also love the idea of her and her house surviving the blast cause it's a "bunker" lol. Oh my god Nancy smiling about Geoffrey's urn...she isn't even trying to be subtle about her evil-ness anymore...I bet she smiles all the way to the bank to cash in on his life insurance policy :flushed: Great first post and I can't wait for more!
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Upon closer inspection, there is a glitch in my rebuild save. He's still at work according to his picture on the bottom panel, but he is physically at home and I'm able to have him do things around the house. I fear what will happen when its quitting time so I quickly saved his family to my gallery just in case.

Edit: He's 'home' from work. Seems to be working okay.
    Post edited by Mionax on
  • Options
    @JordanNicoleJJ I found no way to save my save but if you find anything out let me know! I have tomorrow and Friday off. I'm prepared to start over I guess. I can see I will have lots to read here when I get up in the morning with my coffee!
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    I'm in the same boat, I guess we're all starting over lol. But in all seriousness let me know if anyone finds a fix 😭
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @Awenya Wow!!!! All the work you did on that lot to mess it up! Amazing and beautiful. I can only imagine how much time it took to set that up. Thank you for doing that and thank you for the behind the scenes pic!! As you read further along in the challenge you will discover that none of us mind a long update! We crave them. There can never be too many pictures! I love that first pictures of them making eyes at each other. So sweet! Their career paths seem perfect for each of them. Lonan looks like a natural in the medical profession. Amelia...haha...what a face and I love that Lonan is just smiling. The food can't be that bad right? LOVE the community garden! What a great idea! I love the sunflowers surrounding the swing set. Awww Winterfest baby! Oh I like him getting a tattoo and I love the tickle interaction. Look at what a cutie little Holly is. Poor thing aging up without a party! I do that to my sims all the time...Love it :)

Oh I was just noticing too that my eye CC is not working. It's making me sad. I went to see when they were from and the creator hasn't done anything since 2016!!

@mattiemayhem Welcome! Oh I love your first post! That's an interesting idea! What a start with a death! I never thought about gifting an urn! I was just going to say I'd now have to gift the urn my heir has in her inventory from some random guy dying while she was on a date...but she's gone now! <cries> Anyways! I can't wait to see what Brianna does and how you work with the extra challenge rules you've given yourself.

@blondiebabe923 Good to see you back. Nice update.

@Mionax So glad to hear your save was ok. I tried to open some other saves from when I have previously done the challenge and those worked ok. Just not my current one. What a bummer. OH I was going to say I've had that still at work or school glitch happen before and it eventually works itself out. I'm glad that was the case for you as well. Sometimes when it happens you can just click on the work icon and tell them to come home.

OK well...it won't be the end of the world if I can't get my save back. It will be sad because I had big story plans for this particular go, but you know, worse things have happened. At least I'm only on my first generation and not my 10th generation like happened the first time I played the challenge! I didn't have a copy of my heir saved but I did have her parents so last night I played in CAS for EVER regenerating their daughter until I got one that was pretty close. I might still try to work on her some more because I love the original. Below is my original on the left and my founder when I start over on the right. The only thing I might try to change is to get her chin smaller like the first Lia.

Also look at original Lia's eyes :( I want my eye cc back! Or even an upgrade. They look so flat without CC!

FSzRM.png

• Options
    mattiemayhemmattiemayhem Posts: 47 Member
    edited June 2020
    oh gosh I'm so sorry to hear everyones lost their saves!! @Awenya, oh gosh, your heir was super cute!!! edit: @debjameswhite - thanks for the encouragement! and aww, your heir is cute too!! so sad, those eyes were a startling beauty!

I hope everyone can back up what they can and wait it out. I almost lost my not so berry legacy halfway through because of the get famous patch that broke a bunch of stuff too! That makes me fear opening some of my older stuff... Whoops :( Brianna's save seems to be okay, though I did loose her CC, but I've been straying from using CC in lieu of the update anyway, so that may have saved me a little. Though I have a massive mansion build with a lot of cc in it that I won't be able to access for a w h i l e, AND thats a legacy build. Sad times.

U3tRtpJ.png

Here's the 'updated' look for Brianna. No more of my CC Skins or hairs :( At least she didn't change drastically.

MjRz3jj.png

Brianna took her 'Survivor's club out to a local spot to gather some resources for everyone, (the gather water option is suuuuper cool and I wanna cook FROGS. Brianna's gotten a penchant for breeding them!) and while they were all out, I let the camera follow this very angry woman stalk this other woman! i dont know what their problem was, or why I was so enthralled that she followed her halfway across the lot just to go fill a picnic table with food xD

XoQgbrT.png

As for Nancy...

fhQavO8.png

As evil as we all know Nancy to be, Brianna doesn't know any better. She has officially asked her to move into the neighborhood! She'll be spending the money to build up a spot for her and her son, and get her the things she needs to be okay. We'll just hope that Nancy takes pity on Brianna's kindness. What even brought Nancy and Geoffrey to Brianna's attention was that their son Malcom had just let himself into her house one day and angrily chopped some wood, venting to this complete stranger about his homelife. Brianna always takes pity on the children!

7SCwtLN.png

Speaking of children, I encountered the STRANGEST glitch! Mr. Max over here must have hit puberty early - His voice was DEEP! He must really be growing up too fast! Brianna handled a very awkward conversation with the bored little boy (little man?) and proved that kids just gravitate to Brianna naturally. No sign of any other villareals anywhere, though. The rich and strange family must have been passing by to curiously peek at the carnage, only to shimmy back to their island mansion xD Did you guys see the update that nonlocals won't be roaming the isles and bluffs anymore in windenburg? Guess that doesn't work the other way around xD

I'll be going back in today to pull up some builds and see what's next on Brianna's adventures! Good luck to everyone, and please, if you haven't already loaded up- BACK UP YOUR SAVES! Copy the entire folder onto your desktop or an external harddrive or thumbdrive or something before checking! Same with my mods- It doesn't seem that, even with the option clicked on, ANY of them work. I'm a little sad about that but that's okay! We can always make more <3
  • Options
    @blondiebabe923 your family is growing so fast!!! i love the names youre giving them- hope your save is ok!
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    So there is a thread here about the save issue. It's a known bug caused by the patch, but whether or not they can fix it remains to be seen. They're saving to NOT delete the old saves yet, in case they do patch in a fix. I'm sorry to everyone who can't play with their fav cc right now :frowning: Hopefully the creators update it soon, or you find some other cc you like!

Since the pack drops tonight and I'm too excited to start playing, I think I'll just start over - maybe with a "revamped" Cam and Lauren (maybe I can get some better genetic mixes this time around!! :lol: ), maybe with a new couple, I'm not sure yet. Either way It'll give me an excuse to play around in CAS lol.

@mattiemayhem Oh man I hope Nancy doesn't ruin the neighborhood... :lol: A child Max with an adult voice would definitely freak me out lol. And yeah, I do find it a little weird that kids just wander around alone outside their home worlds, like, who let this rich kid use the private jet?? :lol:

@blondiebabe923 Yay you're back!! Sam and Coco are so cute lol, I love that Sam's excited to have more kiddos. Hey hey hey...Sam can cook in his underwear all he wants...I'm not judging :wink::sweat_smile: Coco's wedding was beautiful! I love that dress as a wedding dress!! I never thought to use it that way, but it's perfect! AHH tiny Astrid in her lil white dress is TOO cute :love: Congrats on a baby boy! Aww he's so cute as a tod. Oh man...so Astrid hates having a sibling and Coco is already prego with the 3rd kiddo, you really are a gluten for punishment :lol: Astrid's such a pretty kid! OH NO, twins!!! :lol: It's never twins on the first or second pregnancy, always when you just want *one* more and try for a third... :lol: Hmm...that's a hard one. If you want Sam's eyes, it looks like the twins have his (or at least a similar) color? Maybe wait til they age up into teens and get a better idea of their personalities, then choose between them? It's so hard with twins cause it's basically all up to personality at that point :tongue:

@Awenya Oh I'm one of those "obsessed" players too - I'll play for a month straight, ignoring everything else in my life entirely, then kinda burn out and not play for a few weeks or months. I did good on my first play through Willow Creek (actually made it to gen 10), but every other one I've started and stopped part way through. The only one I really miss was my Brindleton Bay/Strangerville family, but man, that family got so hectic and stressful to play...I'm not good with full houses :lol: So gardening was WAY easier before the patch. In my very first legacy save yeeears ago, my gen 2 heir was an astronaut, and he became uber rich by growing 'perfect' alien plants. Like, the only careers that rivaled gardening were writing and painting, but even then it was close. Now I'm lucky to get 'great' or even just 'good' plants before they die :lol: But it'll be more satisfying when I FINALLY "master" it eventually lol. I do have the tray importer, but when I download cc I download like every piece of Maxis-Match CC I can find then sort through it in the tray importer and I usually get tired/bored of it and just delete it all :tired_face: Sorry you're having so much trouble with your cc..hope it gets fixed soon or you can find some replacements!
  • Options
    @JordanNicoleJJ I gave her what I could in her home to appease her rich and diabolical tastes, she'll handle it herself xD I'll upgrade her house eventually.

I decided to amend certain portions of my play. 20k is absolutely a short leash, but once I finish her generation (fill the lots- Build a park) I'll be able to go in and upgrade the homes as I please and if I want to. I think the next people I'll add into the neighborhoods are the Feng family- Lily had her child! Brianna seems to be latching onto some big and weird names and those two always produce some CUTE kids. Maybe Brianna's can have a friend! Lily and Victor are so strange... She's always the first townie to get pregnant, I've noticed. And then they don't do anything with that child ever again. Whoops! Then for the last lot, I'll let a random townie friend enter the home I built for Johnny once I move him in. They went on a sweet Karaoke date!

7zjnurS.png

Here's the two houses I have so far!

23zQIZB.png

Zest's house- a rebuild of his trailer basically, but I think it's cute.

Lvba8JD.png

The Landgraabs. Two bed, two bath, with an office. I'm so used to 100k homes and up- Building small is HARD!

hLZoAND.png

Brianna decided to bulldoze the bunker and start over. Now she has a sad little cabin but made sure it was sweetly colorful compared to the surroundings! She now has a bedroom and an expanded bathroom. At least, one that doesn't require bb.moveobjectson xD
  • Options
    Sims just did another patch and I got my save back!
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited June 2020
    It looks like MCCC has a new update as well, see here
  • Options
    @mattiemayhem Cook Frogs??? eeep! Oh my gosh I don't know if I can try that....That is a strange glitch but your entire story is so interesting. I just love that Brianna is with Johnny Zest. Building small is so hard but you did well! I love the first one the most. It's so cute.
  • Options
    @debjameswhite im so happy that your save is ok!!! yay, cute heirs for everyone!!!

i THINk i can cook frogs.. Or is that only in the eco living expansion?? i haven't gotten that (yet) but we'll see what happens!! gosh that really would fit right into my storyline ugh but im POOR . Thank u for the encouragement about building tho! this is such an engaging challenge, i didn't think I'd like it as much but now I'm totally into it xD
  • Options
    carlimactcarlimact Posts: 766 Member
    @Everyone They did a hot fix so we should we cool! I was waiting for the patch so I didn't risk giving myself a heart attack. lol Looks like I'm good too!
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Harrison and Jools were adorably awkward sometimes. “Let’s not discuss that we’re pregnant at all!”
    FSNVT.png

Harrison’s mom came over and he tried to joke it off that he hadn’t called for so long.
    FSNXz.png

Jools started talking to her, but she did not remove the Mom stare from Harrison.
    FSNXV.png

Until that is, she heard what she had been wanting to hear!
    FSNYS.png

Jools was suddenly just as important as her baby boy!
    FSNZN.png

They had a big family party to celebrate.
    FSO0r.png

Just before the big day, they got some interesting news. (News that isn’t at all interesting because in this game having a baby is the novel event!)
    FSO1r.png

As usual, just prior to getting there, Harrison had done something to set Jools off. Honestly this time I think she’s just upset she’s pregnant.
    FSO2Z.png

Harrison started to panic.
    FSO40.png

Just kidding. Everything is fine.
    FSO4p.png

They had a boy and a girl. Tristan and Lia.
    FSO4S.png

When they got home, they got right to work on making more…cause that’s what you do.
    FSO5F.png

By the way, his brothers have also been busy.
    FSO68.PNG

Lauren was out of her mind with joy.
    FSO6B.png

Jools’s Mom also came for a visit. “Don’t judge me for still being in my robe Mom.”
    FSO89.png

Caiden also came over frequently, but his question was always, “Is your Mom here?”
    FSO8H.png

The little bundles grew faster than you can believe. ((strange pic of them separating!))
    FSOa6.png

Of course these poor little ones aged up moments after Jools’s mom passed away and so they were both very sad.
    FSOaY.png

Here are Harrison’s 3 older brothers and their families.
    FSOeu.PNG
    FSOex.PNG
    FSOeG.PNG
  • Options

Serious discussion time
    FSWJ8.png

Lunch time
    FSWJV.png

Hug time
    FSWKI.png

Shenanigans time
    FSWL4.png

Party Time
    FSWLL.png

Turkey Dinner Time
    FSWMP.png

Bed Time
    FSWNw.png

Mommy and Daddy time
    FSWOh.png
  • Options
    blondiebabe923blondiebabe923 Posts: 202 Member
    Has anyone gotten the new eco lifestyle pack? I just downloaded it but haven't got a chance to play it. Plus I still have 3 more generations till gen 10 in brindleton Bay so its going to be a while till I get to Evergreen Harbour
  • Options
    @blondiebabe923 I have it, it's been downloading. About to go play :) Taking my new heir there.
  • Options
    blondiebabe923blondiebabe923 Posts: 202 Member
    @debjameswhite good luck! I can't wait to see pics. It's a rainy day here, so my kids are stuck inside playing their own games. I'm half tempted to change from normal lifespan to short to get through the last 3 generations lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top