Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuild | Renew: A Sims 4 Genetics + Building Challenge

Comments

• KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    Guuuuuys I'm so hyped about the University EP! :bawling: it looks super flexible, we can have sims attend uni from their home lot or move there or even now create lots that have roommates! And also adults and elders can attend! I can't wait to have it in game, I'm rushing so that I have a gen ready to play (tho it doesn't seem possible) :joy:

Anyway, back to the updates <3

@debjameswhite man, Lawrence and Kelsey look adorable together <3 also, I love how your sims always seem to learn to play instruments :joy: I always forget to do that! (and I'm a musician in real life too lol) What a great new years eve party! Soooo many sims! <3 throwback Greysen is adorable <3

@Francisca464 no worries, life is getting super busy for me too! lol sometimes I wish a was still a teen so that I could play more.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
    Update! <3

So, last week I left with these two having a little... "hiccup" in their relationship :joy: (if an elderly wife + kiddos can be called "hiccups"), but in the sims world things like these get fixed in a couple of hours so here we go, peace was made marriages were broken and lives were destroyed :joy:
    Ridge will move in once it'll open up space in the household.

UFSyD4F.png

Before I could blink, Winterfest was already here! It's a good thing that Irene takes care of the food 24/7, 'cause she has amazing skills and all three of them got spoiled with super quality food and now can't eat anything else.

KAPbE2B.png

The girls took care of the decor.

qI6QPuS.png

Aurora went into her third semester at dawn, so I was prepared for her to give birth on Winterfest.
    And, in the meanwhile, I was praying to all the gods of the universe that she was going to give birth to a boy :joy:

u4BmBSX.png

Emilia's the dancing machine of the house. She was super excited about Winterfest.

Y7ysWPs.png

One of the cats gave me a heart attack. It's a good thing that vets still work on Winterfest *eyeroll*.

bJRzSlT.png

Her sister got a preventive shot at the clinic too and I think it worked wonders 'cause I hadn't seen her playing so much for too many days in a row.

rOJWpWi.png

Eliane was the first of the guests to arrive and she was such a harsh critic of the Winterfest tree :joy:

b2htLJg.png

The opening of presents didn't go too well...

Ysqlc4e.png

Z4DsEOQ.png

It was a super small party, but fun nonetheless.

2U39ZK9.png

Mathias was so nice to Emilia and Selene kinda started thinking about letting her move in with her dad to definitely get rid of her :joy: but at one point I think she realized that she couldn't take her away from her loving twin Aunties.

lRxRosb.png

Also Mathias was kinda broken, so... I wouldn't trust him around children for too long :joy:

UOvdooX.png

Father Winter arrived on time and Emilia was super happy to see him, so much that she immediately went in for a big hug.

gV0YsUO.png

Only to then ask for a present :mrgreen:

qRDKgpj.png

Her face is the cutest <3

FWX4Ae8.png

6Nrxav5.png

Parties are hard, especially on pregnant sims. As predicted, Aurora went into labor at the same time as she was going to pass out from tiredness.

ZVat1hh.png

To the hospital!

5Cjr3kB.png

... I don't know, man, I just wouldn't even try to walk in if I saw something like this :joy:

takWAXr.png

TWO doctors delivered the next gen. I'm not even kidding. Aurora got stuck there waiting for them to shift and I could't believe my eyes.

zOnhEYa.png

g88mLS2.png

Aaaaaaaaand- BIRTH!

bULAb4V.png

lxKZ7Vo.png

1) YAY A BOY <3
    2) NOOO TWINS :bawling: NOT AGAIN!

9s4izuM.png

Oh well. At least I got what I wanted. I don't think I could have coped with two girls, considered that I don't even want more kids in da house. As soon as they got home, the twinception started :joy:

y0WnxtS.png

QGNYoad.png

Ridge got the news and arrived the very next morning to see them.
    "Look at him, sweetie! He's the chosen one!"

HiNRJXO.png

thank god the house is full and there's no room for oopsie pregnancies

eldoYL6.png

Finally, the moment I've been waiting for sooooo long <3

20DokcN.png

Selene reached the top of fame AND it was a sunny lovely day in Del Sol Valley. I couldn't ask for more.

PfTwy1D.png

vzzEndW.png

Not everybody was interested in her posing like a queen :mrgreen:

W2bKHzd.png

She got the chance to place down the golden thingie, too bad that half of her fans were glitched/stucked in front of the building to the right.

69XkOYq.png

AND A COMBO.

HYR8KUE.png

Emilia managed to get some love from her mama in this beautiful day <3

jztK9UN.png

y2MNhVf.png
    KEBB11a.png
  • debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    @Francisca464 I've been thinking about you a lot lately so I was so happy to see you pop in to say hello! I do miss your updates, but I miss you more. :)

@Kiwicantdie I have to say I have a little more hope for university this time! It looks more flexible and I like that.

I'm happy that Ridge and Aurora got over their "hiccup" hehe I love that you put them all in holiday sweaters and I'm totally going to do that next time! It's also nice to see Selene was over her annoyance with Aurora for having a nooboo! Emilia is so cute and as it most excited as should be! Who can be upset with Selene for being angry over a carrot. So rude! AWWWW Father Christmas hugging Emilia is the cutest picture ever! I'm seriously all set with ghosts staffing the hospital. It's very annoying. Well, at least Aurora got living doctors to deliver her babies. Two babies, two doctors. Makes sense. OH you just reminded me of my Rory many many generations ago! Yay twins! It's so cute. I'm happy you had twins. Hooray for Selene! And her aspiration at the same time. So awesome. I love the last pictures of her with Emilia.
  • Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    Hi sweeties! I feel like I am repeating myself by now, but I'm real sorry for disappearing again. Still lots of things going on here, I'm just too busy to sit down for The Sims :'( I did end up cleaning the CC from my game ever since I last posted. I hope to be able to play again soon.

Thank you all for still tagging me. I greatly appreciate it and I miss you all <3

Yes! I second everything that @Francisca464 said! I miss you all so much and love you all for not forgetting me. :heart:

I haven't opened my game in months but I'm currently updating it. Just based on the look of everyone's screenshots I can tell there's been some major in game updates. I can't promise anything but I really wanna try to get back into simming and this challenge. We'll see how that goes. I hate how far behind I've gotten :bawling: I don't know how I'm ever gonna catch up on everyone's updates, but I'm gonna try. If you guys wanna give me some brief recaps that'd be awesome lol but definitely don't feel pressured to do that.
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • amadazulsimamadazulsim Posts: 1,800 Member
    Hi all, just stopping in to say Hi. I hope all of you are doing well. RL has taken it's course again. I am dealing with another loss of a family member. I am kinda over death right now. Anyway...reading all of your updates have been a great distraction. So many nooboos being born. I haven't played my game in a minute and I hope to get back to it soon.
    Happy Simming to you all.
    ]

This girl is pretty happy in her new home.
    ED2kR.png

Lawrence and Kelsey went to the flea market and of course Lawrenceโ€™s father was the entertainment.
    ED2mz.png

They decided to hang out at the bar.
    ED2nu.png

While they were out, this came across the screen. Good lordโ€ฆ
    ED2o7.PNG

They stopped by Kelseyโ€™s sister Rowanโ€™s house on the way home. Sheโ€™s very pregnant.
    ED2oA.png

The next day, the welcome wagon finally showed up. I didnโ€™t know they had so many elderly neighbors.
    ED2rL.png

One of them was really interested in what Kelsey was paintingโ€ฆdo you see what itโ€™s in the bottom left corner?
    ED2sy.png

Yes! Lawrence wanted a big dog but when we saw the Yorkie, we couldnโ€™t resister him. So they welcomed Caesar (the husky) and Boomer (the yorkie).
    ED2tK.png

Lawrence LOVES Caesar.
    ED2uD.png

BTW look at this viewโ€ฆ
    ED2vj.png

It was finally the big day. Kelsey started off with some alone time.
    ED2OK.png

Her mother and her motherโ€™s big belly came over later.
    ED2Q9.png
    ED2Qx.png

It was finally time to go!
    ED2Rx.png
    ED2Sm.png
    ED2T5.png
    ED2Ty.png
    ED2U0.png
    ED2Up.png
    ED2Vd.png

When Drew went into labor, the party was over.
    ED2VW.png

That was ok, the newlyweds had other things to do!
    ED2WM.png

I love that they spent their honeymoon doing things like this.
    ED30g.png

It wasnโ€™t all they did though.
    ED312.png

To end, hereโ€™s a picture of Kelseyโ€™s parents not looking at all like they might have 3 adult children out in the world.
    ED31J.PNG
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @debjameswhite - Lawrence is such a good host! And the wedding was beautiful, I absolutely loved Kelsey's hair!!

@Francisca464 - Thank you โ™ฅ I hope things settle down for you soon

@Kiwicantdie - I am also excited for University! All the winter fun in your game has me so ready for the holidays! I love how close the girls are. Emilia with her present just melts my heart. Holy noobie, twins!! At least you got one of each gender at least.

@Hecktress17 - Miss you too! I restarted in Willow Creek so you're coming back at a good time ;)

@amadazulsim - Oh no, sending you so many good vibes and I hope you and your family are doing well despite everything.

So I haven't made much progress but I worked really hard on the outside? Keeping the exterior walls was a true challenge!!
    301798a55f.jpg

65f75b7ab6.jpg

161c8cf943.jpg

bc5fc6ba0c.jpg
    @Heckstress17 welcome back! <3 no worries, I know first hand how it feels when life gets busy. I'll have to start focusing on my exams soon so... I'm preparing myself mentally for closing Origin once and for all :joy: at least for a while. Don't worry about updates, if I had to recap I would say that you didn't miss much from me: the triplets have grown up into adulthood, all three of them are now global superstars, Adahy and Pauline passed away, Selene had an oopsie baby girl named Emilia with Mathias and Aurora just gave birth to twins Jody (girl) and Rory (boy & future heir). Also your Cadence has almost made herself at home in my game 'cause she's always around :joy:

@amadazulsim I'm so sorry to hear that! My heart goes out to you, sadly I know how it feels. I'm glad that the updates helped a little bit. Take your time to get back into the game <3

@debjameswhite omg Drew really???? :joy: I died a little bit when I saw that notification :joy: welp, I guess they're really in love, aren't they :joy: Aaaaaw TWO dogs at the same time <3 yes! That gives me so much happiness! There's always room for doggos, right? And a wedding! Wow, you're definitely spoiling me with this update! Kelsey looked stunning in that wedding gown, but
    pls, devs, for the love of god, do something about the "wedding dance" bug :joy: seeing all the guests up and dancing in the background is funny but so immersion breaking :joy: (A romance pack maybe? Weddings overhaul maybe???? One can hope). Kelsey's hair <3 #thatawkwardmomentwhenyourmomgoesintolaboratyourwedding *eyeroll* you know I'm waiting for a different nooboo >:)

@OJenn aw the house's starting to get better! Honestly, how did we all manage to survive without the new&improved stairs??? Can't wait to see how you fixer-upper the interior <3
    KEBB11a.png
    @Kiwicantdie - I know right?! The stair changes are essential now when I am building :joy:
    edited November 2019
    @Kiwicantdie I love their dogs so much :) Also I am so over sim weddings! I want a romance pack!! Come on sims!!! Also, it would be nice if the ceremony wasn't half over by the time the guests are even there!

@OJenn and @Kiwicantdie I love the stairs so much.

@Ojenn the house is adorable. I love the shots you took!
  • SimCaveSimCave Posts: 86 Member
    @OJenn Your little house is adorable.

Little Boomer. He is a singer! Heโ€™s in the right house because Kelsey and Lawrence are always playing an instrument and heโ€™s welcome to join in.
    EDsfy.png

One morning, Lawrence and Kelsey were having breakfast together on the couch.
    EDsjv.png

There was a sudden explosion of excitement. Lawrence had never seen this before, โ€œWhatโ€™s happening?โ€
    EDskh.png

โ€œSweetie,โ€ Kelsey began, โ€œI have some newsโ€ฆโ€
    EDslj.png

Sheโ€™s so flipping cute! Thank you Sim gods for making this round so much better for Lawrence!
    EDsmk.png

Also, I love this little bathroom that is so hard to get pictures of.
    EDsnC.png

They decided to throw a party to announce the birth of their nooboo.
    EDuC8.png

This is her new little brother Ryker who has not had a makeover yet.
    EDuE2.png

Drew was so happy to hear the news.
    EDuFf.png

Grandpa Caleb gave a whole new meaning to happy.
    EDuG7.png

My progeny continues!
    EDuGT.png

Dad and Uncle Emery were pleased as well.
    EDuHh.png

OK time for gratuitous pictures of the pets. No one is looking at Lawrence in this picture.
    EDuJ6.png

Kelsey: Please see this awesome picture of my shoes.
    EDuLs.png

As a reminder, Kelsey and Megan are twins. They now have twin bellies too!
    EDuMB.png

Megan and Edan had twins and Iโ€™m jealous of their names. Sawyer and Reed. Kelsey just wishes she was done with her pregnancy too!
    EDuOf.png
    @debjameswhite Little Boomer is adorable! Yay for a baby! Lawrence and Kelsey are a cute couple! That bathroom looks very nice.

"OK time for gratuitous pictures of the pets. No one is looking at Lawrence in this picture." *Everyone* is looking at Lawrence.
    Kelsey's shoes are outshined by Little Boomer. Sorry Kelsey.

Your family is made up of gorgeous Sims! I like your story.
    Is it okay that I started in Oasis Springs first? I have made White | Pacific Islander couple. Their last name is Lion. :)
    So, I'm a member now and I'd like to celebrate by sharing some pictures I've been saving of my Rebuild couple for this very moment. And a little surprise spoiler too.
    Maria Lion
    11-11-19_10-10-10_PM.png

Wilson Lion
    11-11-19_11-03-53_PM.png

Most of the house on the outside and all in the inside need wall paper and flooring. Its on Adobe Abode lot in Oasis Springs. This looks like it'll be a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom home. I do have risky woohoo mod so if they can't behave the home might need to get larger than planned.
    11-12-19_12-28-11_AM.png

Speaking of behaving...this first one is mandatory so we'll cheer for the good news.
    11-12-19_12-55-55_AM.png

Well, Wilson is taking it very well. If only he knew... [*see spoiler]
    11-12-19_1-11-07_AM.png

Is [poor quality] healthy food really all that healthy?
    11-12-19_5-16-58_PM.png

...If only he knew.
    She is pregnant with twins! Double the trouble. lol
    @SimCave Welcome to our challenge! I've been liking your posts to help you get to member so I'm glad you're there. I remember when I was trying to get that just to start this challenge as well. I don't think anyone will mind that you've started in Oasis Springs. We really just want everyone to have fun! I'm excited to get to know your family. I can't wait to see how your family develops. I love the founders and hooray for twins! I can't wait for more!!!
    @debjameswhite Thank you! Those likes really helped. After Oasis Springs is finished I plan on going to Willow Creek and then maybe to some of the others. Can it be done with Sulani? Thanks for commenting on my family. They've been super fun.
    @SimCave It can definitely be done with Sulani. There are all kinds of options. I'm happy you've joined us!
    @SimCave It can definitely be done with Sulani. There are all kinds of options. I'm happy you've joined us!

Yay! I'm happy it can be done with Sulani. It is my favorite place. It feels so open-world and beautiful. Thanks! I'm happy too.
    edited November 2019
    @debjameswhite yaaaaaaas, finally! :joy: I feel like all of the babies coming are going to win the genetic lottery from the start, you can't go wrong with these two! <3 Kelsey is so cute with her baby bump <3 I hope you can escape the twins curse though lol I'm kinda tired of getting so many. But I mean, at the same time, the more the marrier? They're going to be such good parents, I can't wait for more :blush:

@SimCave YES <3 welcome! Also congrats on being a member! <3 I'm really glad you joined the challenge, have fun with your lovely founders! The house they moved in already looks nice and large enough for new arrivals *wink wink*... though.... RIP, you never can escape the twin curse :joy: it happened to me too at the very beginning of the challenge! :joy: I can't wait to see the nooboos and how the grow up <3
    KEBB11a.png
    @Kiwicantdie You are awesome and kind. Thank you! :smiley: Yes, the twin curse. lol
  • Francisca464Francisca464 Posts: 738 Member
    Hi guys, I'm actually going to do an update for you all. I still had some pictures in Puush and I'm dreading going in game (I'm planning to though!) because as I said, I deleted all of my CC. So everyone's going to be bald and naked and I probably have to do some serious makeovers lol. Uhg, so not feeling it... Anyway, last time around I picked Fawn as my heir and she moved to Del Sol Valley. She started out in her acting career, her boyfriend Casey acted like total ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ on Loveday and she met sweet Jace, who unfortunately was married off by MCCC. Or as @Kiwicantdie's Ridge likes to call it: the superior force. Which sounds much better if you ask me.

6d4831e3c2.png
    All Fawns acting paid off, because she was invited to the Starlight Accolades the day after Love Day. She took her new friend Jace. And sort-of-ex Casey was the bouncer. Awkward?

33e279d51d.png
    Fawn 'Are you okay with this?'
    Jace: 'Uh, yes? We're here as friends right?'
    Oh poor sweet ignorant Jace...

4a9713a119.png
    Unfortunately, Fawn didn't win anything that night.

16802248a6.png
    So Jace invited her to a hip and happening nightclub to cheer her up.

1020842aba.png
    I'm guessing she had a bit too much to drink at the Accolades because this was the first thing she did when arriving. Wife who? Also, Jace finally understood that this wasn't a friendly outing.

19dcd7519b.png
    Casey, on the other hand, is a bit more perceptive and immediately understood that him and Fawn are over. Not sure what he expected after shouting at her on Loveday.

8dcc11c2ac.png
    The DJ was so energizing that several sims instantly dropped to the floor for pushups.

6016234deb.png
    Fawn and Jace didn't pay much attention though, they only had eyes for each other.

fc68ca4f1e.png
    But unbeknownst to them, there wรกs a third pair of eyes watching. Jace's wife.

69f92c5ef1.png
    She slapped the crap out of him.

98835646b8.png
    Which was apparently a huge turn on for Fawn...

3d1c185af2.png
    I don't think Jace is very concerned with his impending divorce.

1034c8ea7f.png
    b0b9334321.png
    40a4bc1100.png
    6bbc860dfe.png
    Things moved fast between Jace and Fawn after that. He received a key to the apartment, they became boyfriend and girlfriend, there was lots of WooHoo and Jace left his wife.

6f1caefa69.png
    And Fawn is not just succesful in love and her career. She also made some good friends in the business.

b7da723be0.png
    On the last day of summer she threw a little party to celebrate the last day of sunshine and to officially introduce Jace to her parents. They loved him.

af70c38640.png
    The next day, she and Jace went to visit her twin Leo and his wife Jennie.

0248239cee.png
    They just had a baby and Fawn couldn't wait to meet her little nephew.

dc4a6152a1.png
    The four of them had a nice afternoon. Leo and Jennie really like Jace as well.

4bbf977b40.png
    Fawn also took Jennie and Leo to another Starlight Accolades. Jace couldn't come unfortunately...

3f6204fdfe.png
    Which sucked for him, because Fawn won! (@JordanNicoleJJ I believe that's Billie in the background waving hello to us like 'Hi mom, I'm on tv!'?) Of course she streamed the entire thing to her followers.

58f2efb15c.png
    Jace came by the next day to congratulate her. And for some leave pile WooHoo, because what else do you do when fall arrives?

3d5443330d.png
    After the leave pile action, Fawn rolled this wish which made me squeal. But they might have to wait a bit because I want Fawn to rock her career first...

3ec356db7f.png
    f5a32d2240.png
    d0ab45c560.png
    She already did quite a few gigs and she's a Seasoned Thespian by now.

Well, that's it! Sorry for the long update, I wanted to clear out all my pics so I have an excuse to take new ones. And like, actually go in the game and clean that ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ up lol. See you soon!
    @Francisca464 I have no idea where to begin except congratulating you on clearing out your awesome, amazing, fun and beautiful pictures so you can take more! Casey was such an idiot for doing that to her. Good for her to leave. But to a married Sim!? -gasp- Jace is so nice to treat her kindly. Oops, sorry wife. Buy-bye wife. Fawn looks amazing in her career. How far along is she in her career now? I can't wait to read more.
  • Francisca464Francisca464 Posts: 738 Member
    @SimCave Thank you for your kind comments :smiley: Casey was a plum indeed, it was a bit of a surprise because he was really sweet to her before. But I wasn't that sad about it because I was dying to use Jace as a partner lol. Fawn is level 8 in her career now! So she's doing pretty well. She started with acting in her teenage years so I think that helped.

I really like your couple as well! Pacific islander/white is one of my favorite couplings. They're gonna make some cute babies. And I see they already started :wink: That was fast. Good luck with twins! :yum:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top