Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuild | Renew: A Sims 4 Genetics + Building Challenge

Comments

• KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    @Heckstress17 OMG look at how cute Livvy is! <3 and she's wild too, I think it really suits her! I think she looks like a good mix of both Kato and Violet, love the hair and the eyes. Seeing Pongo being jealous of her almost broke my heart, but then it was really nice watching them interact, I hope they manage to become close as she grows up. That second pregnancy totally caught me by surprise! B) ... but isn't it how it works a lot of times in real life too? I know a bunch of women that had their second without even realizing they were already pregnant lol. Good thing for Violet, though, she looks radiant and I'm really happy she had another baby after failing to conceive before. It's just one boy! What a blessing! Also... that pic of the maid killed me lOL it's so good! I can't wait to see more of Livvy & Ty, I hope this wild child acts nice with her little brother :)
    Btw I still haven't found the perfect span of days for each life stage, so I guess I'll update later if I manage to get to the sweet spot with MCCC ;)

@JordanNicoleJJ yeeees, the wedding! :# of course Philomena had to pick the fanciest restaurant! The ceremony was fast but really pretty and oMG THE GUESTS what are they doing?? x°D I'm laughing so hard for seeing them dancing lol what the actual- the bugs, man. Sometimes the bugs make the day :D ... (btw I want a romance pack too, I believe they could expand so much on dates and weddings and I really wish we get something like that this year (on feb maybe??? I can dream)). Here in my country we say that a wet (for the RAIN lol *coff*) bride is a lucky bride, so looking at the pics of them when it starts raining give me a somewhat good vibe about this wedding... I'm shocked?? :joy: that side look at Billie though... Philomena scares me in a way. It's turning out to be a drunk wedding, so I guess that's my kind of wedding xD. Love the update, can't wait to see the build!
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • EMSimmer30EMSimmer30 Posts: 181 Member
    Orion is now a teenager! He has decided he wants to find his soulmate and that he loves music. I feel a bit weird saying it but man is he hot. Lol
    2vtnucl.png

2i8848.png

A day later Ophelia became a child! She is a little smarty and loves art.
    2ni1t9x.png

x22am0.png

More of the house has been furnished/decorated. Since Ophelia moved into the big kids room with Olivia, Orion needed his own room so that was first priority. Next to be finished was the dinning room and then the conservatory. Still three indoor spaces and all the outside remains, hopefully I can complete them before the heir moves out. Fingers crossed ;)
    Orion's teen room:
    302012h.png

15pjwhu.png

Dinning Room:
    33z4ft3.png

x2scpv.png

Conservatory:
    8xrnsy.png

rjfn5v.png

On the subject of the heir, I peeked in CAS while taking pics and aged up Olivia and Ophelia to compare them with Orion as teens. Between looks(genetic mix) and because as a child I have not played much with Olivia(she is very self sufficient) she is out of the running as heir. It is now between Orion and Ophelia and this presents a bit of a problem as by the time Ophelia is a teen Orion will already be a young adult. I like both of them and playing with both of them but depending on which is heir will really change the play/story line of Troy and Jordyn's later years. Any advice on how to choose or whom to choose(and why) would be great! Thanks guys :)
    @EMSimmer30 Orion's turning out handsome! And I love his bedroom too, the color scheme is really nice! I don't have advices to give on the subject of heirs beside trying to play with both sims for a few days and get a feeling of their personalities. Usually, the traits/aspirations help me decide better if both sims look very good. I also try to alternate between male and female when I play generationally, but that's my thing; if one heir is male, the next will most likely be a female (if I manage to get one and not fill the household with kiddos xD) (and I like her traits) (and she turns out decent). It's a flexible rule I gave myself to explore more playstyles. So my only advice really is: try to play with both of them and focus on how you feel towards them. Also maybe try to take into consideration which partner you would like to give them?
    KEBB11a.png
    edited January 2019
    I played a lot in the past couple of days so I have at least two big updates to share. I really hope I'm not spamming too much, if so please tell me and I'll stop :sweat_smile:

Anyway, for now I'll pick up from where I left, with the very first snow in game.

Salali's loving the weather, I guess she was already anticipating how beautiful the neighborhood was going to be the next day. She spends most of her time outside collecting rocks and frogs, so she's definitely the one that's going to have to deal with it the most.

lytSzkV.png

*soon*

a7nKAy2.png

The next morning the house was freezing cold and I had to warm it up a little bit... rip money once again, I hope the next bills won't kill me.

EtPmCiF.png

Toilet + cellphone #me

ZvPv4Y7.png

Obviously, after the first snow I had to bring the Austins at least one more time to the park (yet again) to see how it looks like in winter.
    I'm loving it just as much as them.

wUcBZGW.png
    2wXuqvg.png

I keep being impressed by how well made the texture and the details of the snow are. It sparkles so much :bawling:
    Salali obviously was in a world of her own and forgot to look after the kids too busy channeling her inner child.

vKolplM.png

Nate kept playing chess with random famous townies to advance in his career, now he looks even comfortable with the cameras pointed at him.

oO1XI1u.png

Of course we had to have someone trying to dry up the snow :joy: ... it's a sims game afterall.

HcAfSX6.png

Jared and Clover attempted to skate for a little while. I think that the skating rink looks stunning with the snow around.

qJK9M8O.png

An attempt was made :joy:

rEExEbk.png

Anyway, this was not just any random day. It was Salali & Nate's birthday! :blush:
    My founders finally became adults. (really though? I feel like these two are the most childish sims I've played in a long time)
    Nate tried to explain to Jared what the meaning of birthdays is, but I'm not sure Jared got it right.

"See, son. We live inside a simulation. We're born. We grow up. We reproduce. And we die. I've already done most of these steps as you can see, so the next one..."

8QLelei.png

... looking back at what he said himself, I feel like Nate stared right into the Matrix :joy: and all of a sudden he was no longer happy about it.
    Yes, Nate. At one point u gonna die.

loLTOlv.png

The cute thing about this is that the twins brought two friends home after school, to have at least someone else around to celebrate.
    Of course Raven was here for Jared.

1LoH1up.png

The side-eye she gave Nate was priceless :joy: this little girl is up to something, I swear.

YCn4CS3.png

Not sure if Salali here was shocked about growing older or having three kids behind her blowing vuvuzelas in sinc. Clover was nowhere in sight. She locked herself inside her bedroom to keep on drawing and didn't give a plum about this. The third little girl is Lilah Flex, her new friend from school (thank god the townies are reproducing on their own) (and thank god Clover is not a loner like her mom).

ydxrnoe.png

Time for a makeover! I didn't want them to look like they still were in their twenties, so here are the "new" them.

hP2Js1T.png

Right after the birthday, the weather outside got worse and worse.

NoWH83Q.png

Nate didn't want to go out at all, but he had to feed the cowplant and take care of the garden.

b525weM.png

Winterfest was right around the corner and Salali realized way too late that they hadn't put the tree up yet :expressionless:
    So of course she took the chance to rush it while the kids went back to school.

b7Jkflo.png

It took so long that it wasn't done yet when they came back home, but thankfully Clover and Jared decided to stay outside to play with the snow.

3Oci734.png

Proud boy :sunglasses:

IsNucd4.png

I tried to have Salali and Nate build a snowman too, but...

9Ro4cIt.png

... I'm not sure they manage to do a better job.

Kdz1h41.png

Winterfest brought out their romantic side one more time. I think they aged well.

QgxnAOS.png
    1vMWz0o.png

... too bad that they were both back at work to grind some money while they waited on Santa to appear.

9qpr5KQ.png
    q8KR2z9.png

Santa???

LGyr2XH.png

Santa arrived so sad it was almost worrying me :anguished: Jared tried to cheer him up (???) and failed (??????)
    Santa you had one job.

P1qwAtr.png

Thankfully, after a little while, he managed to go back to his usual self and bring some joy to this weird attempt of Winterfest.
    And I found out he has gold teeth.

sfrDF2N.png

Jared and Clover finally decided it was time to open some presents!

1URAxmj.png

Poor Jared got nothing but a lump of clay, while Clover got a pink violin :flushed: that doesn't seem fair to me!

bqavRMG.png

At first I thought that Jared could be jealous of her, but then he spent the whole night listening to her destroying every eardrum in their close proximity. A true angelic child, really.

vn4lcm1.png

Salali got a nice present too :tongue:

RUEKcnL.png

... aaaaaand of course the monster had to come back like every. single. night.
    I'm getting so tired of this.
    Nobody in this household sleeps anymore.

90CEYwe.png

The next day the weather looked much better. The sun was out and the snow was glimmering like crazy.

1MB5gUD.png
    6Apwaov.png

But of couse this wild child had to fall sick once again.

oh4Z9pO.png

I decided to keep Salali inside for a little while to get rid of the fever, so I spent some money to build a room for her, her frogs and her flower arrangements. Not really a greenhouse, but something similar. It's small but I'm liking it :blush:

mN7KjTo.png

... meanwhile outside, in the cold and dark night...

4pTCdqI.png

I caught these two random sims shoveling snow in the back of the house, fully transpassing, for... whatever reason.
    Maybe there's a dead body there now? :joy:

cXozAMS.png

Who knows.
    Post edited by Kiwicantdie on
    KEBB11a.png
  • debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    Woot! Finally home! After comments I'll be diving into my game for a bit!!

@EMSimmer30 Orion is hot! Ophelia is a little cutie. Your new rooms look really good. As far as picking your heir I think at one point one of them will just call out to you. I usually go between looks and traits. Last time I picked a trait every heir had to have so that made it a little easier.

@Kiwicantdie The snow is pretty, but as I sit in my house waiting for a day of snow I can't appreciate it! I love your commentary when they go the park. The kids trying to skate was fun! I like both the boys faces as they have their discussion. Very cute! The makeovers look great. Haha I do love seeing all the different snowmen though. Clover and Jared's was great. I like Nate's snappy cap! Aww poor Jared! Was he a naughty boy?? He looks a little unhappy watching his sister and her pink violin! Yes...get the night light, it will change your life! Hahaha! Sneaky shovelers!
    ydsm1.png
    Chapter 92: Last Family

I just had to share this Hope face. I love her faces.
    Czc0h.png

It wasn’t long before this friend of the animals started meeting them. He couldn’t resist this sweet one and Rainbow joined the family.
    Czc1Y.png

However when he went to tell Hope there was going to be an addition to the family, she had similar news.
    Czc6Q.png

He was beyond happy.
    Czc7B.png

They invited the family over to share the news and celebrate Harvest Day.
    Czc8N.png

Hope started an inspirational vlog to go along with her art career.
    Czca8.png

Aiden took the time to instagram their new kitty.
    CzcbB.png

Aiden has plenty of money, but he still likes to fix things on his own if he can.
    CzccK.png

Before they knew it, the day had arrived, and Hope is afraid!
    Czce8.png

All that went away though when Kaiden and Elle arrived.
    Czcf2.png
    Czcfg.png

I realized just how close to the end this challenge is!
    CzcfT.PNG

After this event, Aiden decided he was going to start writing children’s books.
    Czcgb.png

This one’s for his kids.
    CzcLN.png

Hope worked on her vlog.
    Czcj6.png

They went on a date to the museum but Aiden’s attention was taken by another lady.
    CzckP.png

Sweetie? What are you doing? Abby came home to live with too.
    Czclm.png

He thought she just had fleas, but it turned out to be more serious.
    Czcnx.png

It required surgery. Good thing her new dad is a vet.
    Czcoc.png

She doesn’t mind sporting this new look because it came with a cozy bed.
    CzcoP.png

Rainbow felt left out so she needed a checkup too.
    CzcpQ.png

She just needed a little spray.
    CzcqC.png

Well Mom came over for the twin’s birthday, but she decided she would be the center of attention instead.
    CzcrD.png

Aiden went hunting for his Dad and found him outside in the cold. He convinced him to stay at their house for a few days.
    CzcsS.png

He agreed, but he never even made it into the house.
    CzctR.png

He couldn’t go on without his Sarah.
    Czcug.png

Hope did her best to comfort Aiden’s little brother Charlie.
    CzcRh.png

Of course the big party was cancelled, but it was still a milestone for the twins.
    CzcwK.png

Mom and Dad made it special for sure!
    CzcxZ.png

Later, the older siblings got together to decide what to do about Charlie. It was decided he would stay with Kinley and Peaches in his home at least for now.
    CzcAQ.png

Ummm…Mom? It was you…
    CzcBG.PNG

He has Charlie over often to hang out and play.
    CzcDq.png

It was the first Winter Fest without Sarah and John. Interestingly, Sarah’s twin isn’t even an elder yet and her mom is still alive too. They are both very active though.
    CzcEU.png

Charlie hung out with Abby.
    CzcFH.png

The twins hung out with each other.
    CzcGv.png
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    *leaves hugs* Great updates!

p.s. Can Livvy be any cuter?
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @EMSimmer30 - Olivia is so pretty! Who am I kidding both girls are adorable ♥ The kids room looks great and like it's got a lot of space for the kiddos to play and have a good time. I really like the color scheme of the study, very relaxing. I love how the house is turning out with each room having it's own unique feel.

@Kiwicantdie - Jared and Clover turned out pretty good looking. I can definitely see Jared is Nate's little mini me! The kids seem to be making friends and Jared is my new favorite, he is quite the character. Jared and Salali still look great after their makeovers, happy birthday!

@blondiebabe923 - Nik looks right at home in his new place and so does Rico. I am sure Nik will get with better with his performance and it looks like he did! Philomena and Nik make a nice couple, I can't wait to see where things go with them.

@Heckstress17 - Little Livy is even cuter as her mom was when she was younger, it's nice to see she has a blend of her genetics from both parents though. I think Vi's day out was well deserved she works hard. Pongo is hilarious, rolling over to get more attention. I am so excited to see that they are having another little one! Kato seems pleased too :wink:

@JordanNicoleJJ - I love love the wedding pictures and the venue of course if my favorite! Billie needs her own winery ♥

@debjameswhite - Hope is so expressive lol. I still think its cute that sims can have instagrams for their pets. (so close to real life haha) Congrats on the nooboos, I really like their names. Poor Aiden, at least both parents are together now.

And now I can finally go into the game for some pics and updates!

• blondiebabe923blondiebabe923 Posts: 202 Member

Nik felt that he was neglecting Rico so he took him on a long walk to the pier 01-15-19-1-27-46-PM.png It was a perfect fall day for it 01-15-19-1-29-43-PM.png Later that night Nik invited Philomena out to the new fancy restaurant in New Crest 01-15-19-1-38-24-PM.png It was one of those restaurants that you had to be dressed in your best 01-15-19-2-22-09-PM.png Finally their food arrived 01-15-19-2-28-39-PM.png They enjoyed their meal and each others company 01-15-19-2-31-32-PM.png After dinner Philomena decided she wanted to try out the mistletoe kiss 01-15-19-2-36-13-PM.png The retreated to Nik's house where he asked her to have her fist sleepover 01-15-19-2-43-18-PM.png He woke up early to not disturb her and he went off to his next gig. He was a pirate where he sailed the ship 01-15-19-2-52-44-PM.png mopped the floors 01-15-19-2-53-17-PM.png and show cased the cleaning product 01-15-19-2-53-49-PM.png He earned gold but he was feeling it was time for a change he wanted to star in tv shows so he left his agent and went with a new one who can get him onto day time tv. He got home and it was thanksgiving so he invited some family and Philomena over 01-15-19-3-01-17-PM.png The next day the went to a karaoke lounge and boy is he smitten with her. 01-15-19-3-20-32-PM.png They walked out side and there was a fountain. Nik knew he fell for her in the night glow of the fountain on their first date and what better way to ask the love of his life to marry him than in front of a fountain. He got down on one knee 01-15-19-3-23-57-PM.png professed his love for her with a gorgeous ring and tried to slip it on her finger 01-15-19-3-23-58-PM.png She pushed it away 01-15-19-3-23-59-PM.png and told him no! 01-15-19-3-24-01-PM.png She was embarrassed and apologized to Nik. 01-15-19-3-24-23-PM.png A few days later Nik invited Philomena over. In the privacy of his home he decided to try again 01-15-19-3-28-22-PM.png He got back down on one knee took her hands told her he loved her and asked her to marry him 01-15-19-3-28-26-PM.png She confessed last time she was uncomfortable with the public proposal and she would love to be his wife 01-15-19-3-28-37-PM.png He swept her into his arms and kissed her 01-15-19-3-29-27-PM.png.
  • blondiebabe923blondiebabe923 Posts: 202 Member

I played a lot yesterday so here is a big update.

After getting engaged family day rolled around. Nik decided to invited Philomena out to lunch with his whole family 01-20-19-4-23-42-PM.png The food arrived everyone was enjoying their meal 01-20-19-4-26-43-PM.png Philomena standing slightly next to Nik's nephew Jeff 01-20-19-4-27-23-PM.png Before the meal was finished Jeff aged up into a child 01-20-19-4-29-51-PM.png Sunday rolled around and before Nik could go to the award ceremony he had to go to work on his commercial 01-20-19-4-48-20-PM.png He rushed through his scenes to make sure he had enough time. 01-20-19-4-51-16-PM.png At the award ceremony he won an award 01-20-19-5-06-05-PM.png He gave the best speech he could 01-20-19-5-06-39-PM.png After the awards he went out side and there was a fight going on right next to him and Philomena 01-20-19-5-09-26-PM.png The big day finally arrived 01-20-19-5-28-48-PM.png They went to the alter 01-20-19-5-30-26-PM.png Philomena is so in love with Nik 01-20-19-5-31-17-PM.png They said their I Do's 01-20-19-5-31-58-PM.png It was now time for you may kiss the bride 01-20-19-5-32-38-PM.png People were actually sitting 01-20-19-5-32-53-PM.png01-20-19-5-33-01-PM.png It was time to cut the cake 01-20-19-5-39-22-PM.png Philomena was skeptical about it 01-20-19-5-39-44-PM.png Raina just had to wear a white dress to the wedding 01-20-19-5-43-56-PM.png Newly weds finally living together 01-20-19-5-48-54-PM.png I love her faces 01-20-19-6-07-09-PM.png It was finally winterfest. They bought a tree and started decorating it 01-20-19-6-16-08-PM.png After decorating the tree Nik headed off to his first day time tv show 01-20-19-6-22-03-PM.png He flirted 01-20-19-6-28-14-PM.png and sword fought 01-20-19-6-28-52-PM.png After work was done he went home. He was still sad about losing his mom but father winter was there and he tried to cheer Nik up. 01-20-19-7-03-35-PM.png Philomena and Nik opened their gifts from father winter and than sat down to a grand meal. Philomena was so excited she couldn't contain herself 01-20-19-7-06-03-PM.png01-20-19-7-06-17-PM.png She told Nik that she was pregnant 01-20-19-7-06-21-PM.png He cried tears of joy 01-20-19-7-06-23-PM.png01-20-19-7-06-28-PM.png Nora popped over for visit and found 01-20-19-7-22-31-PM.png Philomena was enjoying her pregnancy she was in her second trimester and Nik was happy to feel the baby 01-20-19-7-39-30-PM.png Her bump is so cute 01-20-19-7-50-46-PM.png New years rolled around and it was time for Nik's gig in the day time show the Urbz. 01-20-19-8-16-29-PM.png He performed his flirt scene well with his costar 01-20-19-8-20-48-PM.png And the romance scene was epic 01-20-19-8-21-49-PM.png You couldn't even tell he'd never kissed a guy before 01-20-19-8-21-56-PM.png Upon arriving at home from work Philomena was in labor 01-20-19-8-24-34-PM.png They went to the hospital 01-20-19-8-25-59-PM.png Apparently there is no living people working there 01-20-19-8-26-50-PM.png01-20-19-8-26-59-PM.png Philomena gave birth to a baby boy elijah.jpg They were able to make a nursery for Elijah 01-20-19-8-40-33-PM.png Nik loves his son 01-20-19-8-42-19-PM.png He also got two job promotions and gained his first star fame-point.jpg Along with the star came his first quirk first-quirk.jpg Back at home Philomena is taking good care of Elijah. He looks like he has her eyes 01-20-19-8-51-12-PM.png01-20-19-8-52-11-PM.png Philomena and Nik were invited out to lunch by Natalie 01-20-19-10-26-32-PM.png It will be a long time till Philomena goes back there food.jpg (i didn't even know food poisoning was thing) Elijah aged up into a toddler. He definitely has his moms eye color. He rolled the clingy trait 01-20-19-10-49-35-PM.png Philomena taught him some flash cards 01-20-19-10-53-40-PM.png Nik rolled a wish to try for a baby, I don't get them often so I figured why not. Later they were invited over to Nora's house where they got to meet Melinda Nora's second child 01-20-19-11-01-07-PM.png such a cutie. The next day Nik was being very loving to his wife 01-20-19-11-10-16-PM.png Philomena had some news for him 01-20-19-11-12-14-PM.png I'm not sure why he looks so upset here 01-20-19-11-12-20-PM.png But when it finally clicked he was so happy 01-20-19-11-12-23-PM.png Nik actor, famous sim, husband, and soon to be father of 2 or more lets just hope its 1 baby in there 01-20-19-11-12-29-PM.png
    Olivia is now a teenager! She has decided she wants to befriend the world and while she still loves the outdoors she is also just a bit of a geek.
    nz3sef.png

akzukh.png

The inside of the house is done for now. I have decided to turn the upstairs landing into a picture gallery of the generations, so it will remain pretty empty for now. The outside furnishing and landscaping is all that is left to do.

Front entry:
    203kg.png

Hall lounge:
    dw4b3l.png

2d8lzs7.png
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    @Kiwicantdie Philomena scares me too :grimace: Drunk weddings are the best weddings. I love all of the 'drunk faces' I've been able to capture lately :lol: Ahh, I already miss winter in my game. Lol poor freezing clover...I can't believe Nate didn't have a "don't touch the thermostat!" dad moment :wink: Omg, those park pics are too perfect. I can't wait to get my new laptop so the snow looks right on the trees :lol: Does Salali have the childish trait, or can any adult sim use the swings? Ahh skating...I love the wipe outs. Happy birthday Nate and Salali! Their adult makeovers are perfect. They look so mature. (We all know they aren't lol.) Eeee Winterfest!! The kids' snowpal is so cute! I think that's the one my kid/teen made first too. Omg, Santa has gold teeth?!! How did I not notice that :joy: Poor Nate does not deserve coal!! I hope you bought that boy another present, because I love him and he deserves the world lol. I love Salali's not-greenhouse room. I never know what to do with the frogs and stuff my sims collect--great idea! Your last pics make me miss burglars from TS3 lol.

@EMSimmer30 Orion turned out great! Olivia is pretty too, but I'm partial to Orion right now. (I also hate the Friend of the World aspiration, my sims can never manage that many friendships lol). The house is coming along really well too. I didn't even realize we had some of those rugs in the game until I saw them in yours. They're so colorful--I love them! As for choosing an heir...I'm shallow and usually pick the most attractive Sim lol. I do factor traits and aspirations into it too though. So I'd say it's a mix of who I think is most attractive and whose aspiration I'm in the mood to play.

@debjameswhite Hope is so gorgeous. She was one of your sims, right? I think I remember her from Oasis Springs (or maybe Willow Creek...I missed a lot of your OS challenge). All of your sims are suckers for stray animals :lol: I don't blame them though...there was a stray husky that always hung around my gen 2 home and I seriously considered adopting it lol. AHH YES, baby time! They're so happy about it too! Looks like a perfect match up. Twins!! Congrats! There's an achievement for legacy players?!! I've never seen it! Granted, the only legacy I completed was Willow Creek, and I moved them to a new save part-way through because of glitching/lag in the original save. Lol more stray animals...at least they have a big enough house for it! Definitely a good thing their new dad is a vet, strays almost always come home sick. Omg, losing both parents in one night...and on your kids' birthday! That's gotta be hard. I don't bame them for canceling the party. The twins are soooo cute <3

@OJenn Billie does need her own winery! I hope we get another vacation world with functional wineries someday, like that one TS3 EP.

@blondiebabe923 You're so lucky to have some sunshine in your game! I'd say my game is 99% rain lol. Philomena and Nik's date looked perfect--I'm so rooting for them! OMG, she refused his proposal?! Oh no! I'm glad she said yes later at home...I guess public proposal are just too much pressure for some sims. Congrats to the happy couple! And congrats to Nik on winning an acting award! The wedding was beautiful. You're so lucky to get some sims to sit--but I still see one spontaneous dancer! That's such a weird bug. Look at Nik moving up to the big time! I have to say his pirate outfit looks much more convincing now--the purple mohawk just wasn't doing it for me lol. Yay, a baby on the way!! And it's a boy! Omg--Reed got that celebrity quirk when he earned his first star! He lost it pretty quick though, apparently astronauts don't make news-breaking discoveries every day lol. My sims have been getting food poisoning a lot lately too--at least one sim gets it from every restaurant they go to. Elijah's such a cute toddler! He looks like a celeb child with that stylin' hair lol. They are great parents, and I'm glad to hear they're going to have another!

I'm still working on the big house...I'm trying to landscape for once, and it's coming along well, just...slowly. It might just have to be a work in progress lol. I'm going to download MCCC once I get my new laptop, because the "manual" story progression takes FOREVER and there are hardly any children in the world anymore. I downloaded some new young adult sims, so many Reed and Philomena will actually make some friends? :sweat_smile: Hopefully I'll have an update soon. School started last week, and it has been SO. MUCH. READING. I feel like I haven't done anything but look at art (I'm taking art history) for two weeks :bawling:
  • Francisca464Francisca464 Posts: 738 Member
    Hi guys! Letting you know I'm still here :smiley: Work is super busy atm, so I hope to be able to get back online, respond to y'all and post something myself soon :kissing_heart:
    The outside landscaping is done and thus the Generation 1 house is complete!
    b961vs.png

2hqa4q8.png

In other news both Orion and Olivia made friends with and rolled whims to date townies; that so rarely happens that I let them ;) It did not hurt that both townies are great looking and that is double rare!

Orion's girlfriend Angel:
    bgqznl.png

29as56o.jpg

Olivia's boyfriend Bronson:
    33nzuqa.png

rwv0wj.png
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    Is anyone else having issues with the forums? For the last few days I have been unable to post pictures and sometimes the forums is formatted weirdly.
  • Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    I'm loving all the updates! Keep them coming! I just wanted to drop in and say I've been keeping up with everything, just haven't had the time to comment or update myself. Soon though :)

@OJenn - I haven't had any issues with the forum lately. About a week ago I was having a similar issue though :/
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
    I wanted to play my game tonight, but I can't ignore comments! (so that was yesterday! hehe finishing them today...maybe I can play after)

@blondiebabe923 I love Nik with Rico, and the way Rico looks at Nik. I also love him with Philomena! I like seeing her in the updates. It looks like they had a really good time out. Hehehe I love seeing the different activities in acting. My sims are getting famous of less conventional ways but I can't wait to try it! Oh no! Another no! I can't believe it! Wow just like Aiden and Hope! I'm glad she finally said yes. Congrats to Nik on winning an award. I liked his other pirate look better. Congrats on the wedding! AND congrats on the nooboo! Oh I hate when everyone at the hospital is a ghost. Congrats on the baby boy and the promotions. He aged up to a cute toddler and congrats on #2 on the way!

@EMSimmer30 Olivia is really pretty! The house looks great too. WOW in the 2nd update, look at that house! A whim to date a townie? I've never seen that! They are cute though.

@JordanNicoleJJ Yes! Hope was Lawrence's daughter in OS - his third wife. I can't remember her name but I always loved Hope. I don't know if you remember, but I named her Hope because I hoped she would be the last child he had. Happily though, then he met @Heckstress17 's sim Mira and he had 3 more kids. I was happily excited to see the Legacy award too!

@OJenn I have not had that issue. Although I went back to the very beginning and it appears puush dumped some of my pictures. Forums are fine though for me.

@Heckstress17 and @Francisca464 <waves frantically>
    ydsm1.png
    Chapter 93: Getting Famous

I haven’t had a sim autonomously read to their children since Greysen and Lawrence. I love Aiden. Please disregard the dirty dishes on the empty shelves behind him.
    CAkQP.png

So a lot of time where I neglected to take any pictures went by. When I finally remembered to, Hope was in labor making a face.
    CAkT8.png

She still wanted to eat before going to the hospital.
    CAkTW.png

It was another set of twins. Boys this time. Jett and Matias. Matias was the name of my founder and the last child born in the family.
    CAkWH.png
    CAkX5.png

Once things settled down they started going out again. Yes, Hope is having two drinks.
    CAkYd.png

She’s not the only one.
    CAl0h.png

They had enough to get a little carried away.
    CAl17.png

Hope’s popularity has earned her some interest from some equally famous people. She thought her husband was adorable as he fan boyed over her new friend.
    CAl38.png

At home they had 4 toddlers as the second set of twins got older.
    CAlej.png

Elle playing with her little brother Matias.
    CAlfC.png

Kaiden doesn’t like being a big brother.
    CAlh4.png

Hope and Aiden disappeared into their master closet for some alone time.
    CAlhI.png

Toddlers cannot be tricked for long though! Good thing Mommy has a drink.
    CAliQ.png

Does anyone see the problem here?
    CAllh.png

Aiden went to visit his brother Charlie and read one of his books to him.
    CAlmm.png

Awards night! Yes, one of Hope’s videos was nominated!
    CAlos.png

She won!
    CAloP.PNG

Speech!
    CAlpz.png

Time went by and the kids grew.
    CAlqN.png

The happy couple went out to get attention. Hope’s not sure she’s really in to doing that.
    CAlrg.png

Aiden tried to keep her spirits up.
    CAlrX.png

When they went home she got to do what she truly loves.
    CAlsy.png
    @debjameswhite it's kinda funny that the "angelic" one of the two of them got basically nothing for winterfest :bawling: I wonder why. Maybe Santa knows something's up? Loved the update! Hope's faces are truly funny! -aaaaand it's twins :joy: of course. Congrats! Congratulations on the achievement too, ten gens are not that easy to achieve! I can't wait to see that in my game. Seeing sims die is never fun, it's kinda sad that it happened before the twins aged up... but time passes by and it was nice seeing the big fam gathered for winterfest :blush: the bigger, the better! ... I mean- the bigger---- them twins pregnancies though. Really??? Two sets of twins in a row? I'm scared. I don't know if I should congratulate the parents or pray for them :joy: At least hope is drinking for two (I get that) :joy: what a good mom!

@blondiebabe923 Nik and Philomena look really good together, I loved both her "rejection" and black wedding dress B) congrats on the baby boy! He looks adorable as a toddler, it's so cute that he has mom's eyes. Aaand they're already waiting for a second!

@EMSimmer30 the house turned out really nice and Olivia looks really cute!

@JordanNicoleJJ I hope you get a good laptop! The graphics look stunning with higher settings and everybody should be able to enjoy them if possible :lol: Tbh I really want burglars. I hope they'll get implemented one day, it would make the game even more fun. For now it's fine to have random sims get inside your lot and shovel snow in the middle of the night :joy:
    KEBB11a.png
    Excuse the following pic spam B)
    ... so, I took the Austins to Granite Falls for a two day vacation, long enough to spend new years' eve away from Willow Creek.
    To my surprise, not even an inch of snow was in sight. The weather was extremely cloudy (but thankfully not rainy).

BjpR29j.png

The kids didn't seem bothered by having to get away from the snow, they had other fun tools at their disposal.

7mYf5NM.png
    0AA32ro.png

Since I found myself in a bit of a skill crunch (Jared and Clover are about to age up really soon :persevere: ), I brought all the necessary equipment to help them level up their childhood aspirations.
    So of course the pink violin had to come to the woods too :joy: I'm sure you can't play it with gloves on but oh well.

ZVZxqsV.png

Nate decided to level up his logic skills too while looking after the kids. Salali was off looking for insects and fishing.

mqhc3I5.png
    C0x6TLA.png

Clover soon decided to join in and stop butchering the silence with that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 violin.

873U9il.png

I managed to catch this and I don't even know why I found it funny :joy:
    Naked boy in the woods.

xQBeQn5.png

Jared keeps on being such a good little one. He went on vacation and spontanously started doing his homework to keep on track with his good grades. I really can't say the same for his sister :expressionless:

7WLU1Xk.png

I think Salali is a loner towards her family too, because I couldn't catch even just one pic of her sitting down with them :joy:
    *awkwardly eats at a safe distance*

XXfSnns.png

Nate attemped to be a good father for once and he tried to parent Clover (on the notes of "why can't u be like your angelic brother")

kobchkw.png

It didn't work out. But Jared looked really amused by this quarrel. Look at his smug face. The boy is living the dream :joy:

NM9qeVb.png

"For the last time, I didn't mean to pee on you."
    "Then why couldn't you pee on Jared instead."
    "I was stuck inside a glitch, kid!"

VLbMTVa.png

At least peace was made.

OUXepqy.png

Camping sure is fun.

50AyS6l.png

New Year's Eve finally came, along with another cloudy, gloomy and freezing cold day.
    Jared and Clover got up early to play with the llama game.

fDPlLM7.png
    rnMKmNl.png

Seeing them occupied, Nate and Salali decided to go to the national park to catch all them insects & fish.
    I guess Nate has a new hobby now :smile:

GSg2PSQ.png
    qnF8y4R.png
    g6hD9Sl.png

Salali found herself stuck fishing with townies celebrating the new year in loop for hours :joy: (the randomness is strong here)
    Even the swimming-drinking bear.

wIlewxT.png

Later in the evening they reached the hermit's house and tried to have a "romantic" dinner there for once.

8H3LYhT.png

"That's sweet honey but I'm afraid we forgot the kids in the woods. Alone. Again."

ZmHqjEE.png

*the face of realization* :joy:

They rushed back to the camping lot only to find out that Clover and Jared obviously managed to survive on their own.
    Just in time for the countdown!

XmKUSTR.png
    Ia83aiU.png

Happiest new year ever :expressionless:

The next morning, it was already time to head back home and say goodbye to the cold, lonenly woods, so of course the sun decided to come out :'(

pRL7K4b.png
    LjIq9E7.png

But of course things had to go wrong as soon as they started packing their bags.

I48tDPY.png

"Yeah no worries go ahead I'm fine."

GvPeu9Q.png

I don't think the kids believed it.
    "Dad, do something!!!"

jRZm36r.png

"Dad?????????"

ktdbT8c.png

... so, basically, Nate and Salali caught on fire three times in a row just by sitting on those 🐸🐸🐸🐸 chairs.
    And they couldn't extinguish the fire.
    I literally had to wait it out for hours.

SPA9wvo.png

And of course it started snowing too :expressionless:
    Best vacation ever.

OmcBwZS.png

I'm going to end the updated here with a few snow-appreciation pics.
    Can we talk about how stunning the snowflakes are floating on top of the water??? :bawling:

XaDpC4J.png
    vbZgwL8.png
    ZcR8Zp3.png
    zDRNuz3.png
    KEBB11a.png
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Hello! Can I start this challenge now? In Willow Creek do we need to bulldoze the park and the other community lots and build our own?
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    @everyone So I am building the huge gen 3 house on the 64 x 64 lot in Brindleton Bay, and while it is done for the most part, it's making my game fairly laggy. That being said...I will have saved enough to get a new laptop in 3 weeks, but I MIGHT have to hold off on posting until then. Maybe my current laptop will have a miraculous recovery and let me play at some point...maybe not. I'll at least try to get pics of the house next time I'm in game, but my laptop starts overheating any time I load that lot and has actually crashed once while I was building (thank god I saved!). Wish me luck!

@Francisca464 Thanks for popping in! I understand being busy...I work full time, take college classes online, run a weekly D&D game, and try my hardest to find time for Sims and keeping up the forum in between...it's not easy lol. I'm looking forward to your next update though!

@EMSimmer30 The house looks great! It's HUGE! I never know what to do with that much space lol. I really love the attached greenhouse. The gen 2 mates look great. I really love Angel, but I'm a sucker for redheads...so I'll be happy no matter which one you pick as heir :blush:

@OJenn I had some issues about a week ago. It wouldn't load pics for a day or two, but that might've been my internet connection...not sure. Good luck figuring it out!

@Heckstress17 I hate when we all get busy, but man do I understand. School started again, and I barely have time to sleep between working all day and doing school all night :tired_face: I've been surviving on sheer will-power this week lol.

@debjameswhite Aww, I love that you named the last child after your founder. That's a great idea. Also I just can't get over how gorgeous Hope is! Lol I see Hope and Billie have something in common (drinking two drinks at a time)...if Billie taught me anything, it's that after having kids, wine becomes much more appealing :lol: I don't think she or Hunter ever drank before the kids came along lol. Ahhh the maid!! Maids (or is that a butler? ...either way, same thing lol) are SO lazy in this game. Congrats to Hope for winning an award! I can't wait to have a really famous sim to try all that stuff out. Omg...the kids are growing up so fast. I don't blame mama Hope for wanting to stay home and play with them as much as possible!

@Kiwicantdie I love seeing Granite Falls in other peoples' games. It always seems so much prettier lol. I can't believe it wasn't snowing though! Mine was a winter wonderland as soon as they arrived. I do like the randomness about the weather, makes it seem more realistic. Looks like they brought everything but the kitchen sink! (Or did they bring that too? lol). I Don't blame you...the skill grind is real. I love Nate and Clover's "heart to heart"...glad they (sort of) came to peace with the infamous Glitch of '19 :lol: Oh my god all the fires :joy: At least you already have an heir and a spare... :grimace::lol: The snow is so beautiful in Granite Falls, I'm glad they got to see a little of it before heading home!

@pandie00 You can start anytime you like! When I started this challenge, the rule was to bulldoze the entire world you're playing in (community lots and all) and rebuild it from scratch, but I'm not 100% sure if that's still required. @OJenn your thoughts? I didn't bulldoze Brindleton Bay, but I might've just broken the rule :grimace::lol: If you're playing the "fixer upper" version, don't bulldoze anything, just "remodel" the lots as you go.
  • Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    Thank you everyone for the comments on my last update. I really love reading them <3 I always tell myself I'm not gonna get behind on commenting but then life happens. I've got about 30 minutes, so let's see how much I can get typed up.

@JordanNicoleJJ - You've got so much going on I don't know how you even found time to comment! I'm glad you did :) I am so not a fan of the 64 x 64 lots. They're just too big. Even though my computer handles it just fine, it takes my sims forever to walk around. Everything is so spaced out :neutral: I'm excited to see the house you've built. Sounds like you're super lucky it saved.

As for your last update omg :love: Having the wedding at The Boathouse was the perfect place for obvious gold digger Philomena. There's something so chic about everyone holding there umbrella's in their formal clothes. All of the wedding guest dancing is a pretty strange glitch lol but at least they all seemed to have their attention on the alter. The series of pics with all of the guest and their drinks was the best :joy: It was also really nice to see the Driftwood kids. That red hair sure is dominant. They both turned out really cute :blush: Billie is probably my favorite sims of yours. That hair is perfect on her. There's something about it that reminds me of Mrs.Incredible. I can't wait for your next update. I got a feeling the honeymoon doesn't last long.

@Kiwicantdie - The pictures of Salali seeing the first snow flurries of the season were so pretty! As were the pictures of Jared and Clover on the monkey bars. You captured the perfect photos of them wiping out during ice skating too :joy: Nate and his realization that someday he's gonna die is totally me lol The end is near my dude! At least he's aging gracefully. I like his and Salali's new adult looks. I like to give my adult sims more grownup makeovers too. I can't believe Santa had the nerve to show up sad! Seriously! One job Santa! One job! Nice shot of his grill btw :lol: I thought that was a really odd touch EA gave him. Salali's new gardening room is gorgeous :love: I think I totally have to reno Violet's now. I like your theory about the sims shoveling snow in the dead of night lol definitely something suspicious going on with those two. I always forget Granite Falls exist until one of you post about :lol: oops! The overcast totally works for the whole feel though. I love all of the shots. It was the perfect family 🐸🐸🐸🐸! The twilight zone with the sims celebrating new years on loops was pretty creepy though lol! Run Salali! Apparently no one taught her how to stop drop and roll. I hate how chill sims are when they first catch on fire. Not even the slightest hint of hysteria. lol I'm glad she survived. Those final shots of the family fishing together are perfect :heart:

@debjameswhite - I was patiently awaiting you getting home from your work trip to post your update and now I have 2:smile: Aiden's face when Hope told him the good news was priceless! He's definitely giving off some Lawrence and Greysen vibes :wink: Kaiden and Elle are such cute names. I'm glad you got a boy and a girl. Ah the legacy player pop up is the coolest!!! Abby and Rainbow are super cute. You always find the most adorable strays. I haven't had a sim adopt a stray before. I need to do that. It's always sad when a sim loses both of their parents so close together. I'm glad you were able to come to a solution for little Charlie's living arrangement. I knew Aiden reminded me of Lawrence and Greysen. He's such a great Dad. I didn't even realize Hope was pregnant a 2nd time! I love love love the idea of naming the last baby born to this legacy after one of the founders :heart: I feel like it was just yesterday you and I were making Matias and Naomi. Props to you for having 4 toddlers in the house and still getting your sims out of the house. Hope looks very happy to out :lol: I've yet to have a sim carry around 2 drinks. I'm a bit jealous lol. Congrats to Hope on her award! I've just recently started messing around with the video editing station. Hope looks very elegant, she plays her part well. I think I prefer her as her real role as Mom though.

@pandie00 - Yes you can join in at anytime! :smiley: If you're playing the regular 10 generation challenge then yes you'll need to bulldoze every lot in the world. If you wanna try to newly added 5 generation Fixer Upper version of this challenge then you can leave the community lots.

@EMSimmer30 - The house turned out great! Congrats on completing the first generations house. Olivia is very pretty btw :wink:

@blondiebabe923 - I loved seeing Nik at his gig as the Pirate :lol: I was shocked Philomena rejected his first proposal by the fountain, but clearly they were able to patch things up. I thought it was really cool of her to wear black instead of white on her wedding day. Elijah is a really cute toddler. I wonder what baby #2 will look like!?
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
    @Kiwicantdie Aww what a pretty pic with the woodpecker! The kids did look like they had fun on their mini-vacation. I love when the kids play games with their parents. Haha I loved the argument between Father and daughter and Jared's face was perfect. How fun to be camping at new years. Whoa! I'm glad they survived the fires! That's terrifying! Snowflakes on water...so pretty.

@pandie00 Welcome! Please start this challenge! I'm looking forward to your updates!! It depends on which aspect of the challenge you do, but that is one way to do it!

@JordanNicoleJJ Eeeeep! I am glad a new lap top is on the horizon! I hope you can play before then though. I can't wait to see the house!! So...funny story when you mentioned Hope and Billie drinking after kids...I didn't drink much until I was in my 30s. Now me and wine...we are bffs! :) I can't wait to have a really famous sim too! I'm really looking forward to focusing on that. I still keep thinking I want to play Lawrence again...I always thought he should have been famous.

@Heckstress17 And I've been patiently awaiting your comments! <3 Hope also prefers her role as mom :)

• pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Ty for your nice answers!! Well here we go!

My founder couple - Hideo and Luísa Namura. Hideo is ambitious, geek and jealous. He works in the tech guru career. Luísa left her writing career to dedicate to her family.

OLqe9Ci.jpg

My first house, japanese inspired

gU3flJ5.png
    yk43lK2.png

Hideo and Luísa met in the library of the school where they studied. He fell in love at first sight. After the wedding they moved to Willow Creek and decided to have a baby

aT4kumx.jpg

When she was having the baby, she went to the hospital and to my surprise she had 3 girls!! She doesn't have any fertility trait neither the lot! I think this never happen before without traits!

5AZNhLO.jpg

Regarding genetics, the 3 twins have their father's hair color! Dalila and Eva have their father's eyes but Alice got her mother's eyes (I used the random trait generator for the totts and they are chamed, silly and curious)

djXxRCB.jpg

One more thing guys, I used to have a lot of cc, but my game keep crashing so I removed them and kept a few! But I do have eye defaults! For the mates, as soon as i download them from the gallery they will come with the eyes. If they change color I will change them to the color I see in the gallery thumbnail ok?

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top