Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuild | Renew: A Sims 4 Genetics + Building Challenge

Comments

• Options
    debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    @Ojenn I would love to be able to give you a coke some day! :)
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited October 2018
    !Happy October Everyone!
    Family Tree updated!
    Everyone was very sad in my game and I had no idea why. Apparently, the family got the call that Phillip, Leanna Joy's father had passed away.
    635a80f34c.jpg

Leanna Joy put on a brave face for her family, she was happy that her father was at peace and with her mother.
    6fb598cdc4.jpg

But there was little time to be sad, both girls were celebrating their YA birthdays! Which Leanna Joy had covered.
    cecfd5925e.jpg

Elisabeth was more than ready to get out on her own, she has big dreams of exploring space.
    6ee3142766.png

Camìla wants to become a secret agent and live a life of mystery.
    adcfbf1558.png

With both girls being Young Adults now I still have no idea who will be heiress but I am working on a new home build now. Do you guys have a favorite?

• Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @OJenn - I like them both. If I had to choose one, I'd go with the one that had the more interesting of traits. Camìla. ;)
  • Options
    tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    @OJenn I'm also a fan of Camila!

School is finally starting to slow down, I'm hoping to get an update up soon! I can't remember what and when I last posted...time to do some catching up!
  • Options
    @OJenn Not sure why, but I'm fond of Elisabeth. I'm sad Phillip died though!

• Options
    ydsm1.png
    Chapter 83: Always about Family

Dad? What are you doing?
    BKmrL.png

OH! OK this is fun!
    BKmsu.png

Father and son had a good time. It’s fun to have a little one in the house again!
    BKmtk.png

When they were done, Mom read John a bedtime story and put him to bed.
    BKmud.png

The next day they were snowed in. John was the only one of the 4 kids who wanted to spend his time with Mom and Dad.
    BKmxl.png

Later the family came over for some holiday cheer.
    BKmDd.png
    BKmDx.png

With all the excitement, John felt left out and went out and destroyed the snowman he made with Dad.
    BKmE8.png

He felt better after he had something to eat and got some attention from big brother Alex.
    BKmFj.png

Then right before their eyes, their little boy grew up.
    BKmQL.png

I love how close my family has stayed. I wish they could bring their families with them though. They should have automatic family knowledge.
    BKmRf.png

Stella is now an elder and in her old age she hasn’t been feeling very well.
    BKmSA.png

Gabe took her to the vet to get everything fixed up.
    BKmV0.png

At first he’s happy to see the vet.
    BKmWR.png

Then she took out the needle.
    BKmXv.png

He’s not a happy pet dad! Except that she’s all better so that’s happy :)
    BKmYf.png

Because of the vet visit, Gabe had the day off and time to spend with his wife.
    BKmZe.png

Grandpa took the boys out to dinner at a fancy restaurant.
    BKn0p.png

The boys had a good time.
    BKn1w.png

They also saw Joe Benson, Brennan’s mystery child!
    BKn2E.png
  • Options
    Sad that Stella is old now. John is such a cutie. I love your family. <3
  • Options
    yunanescayunanesca Posts: 303 Member
    HI, guys sorry I've been MIA forever in Day RL been Super duper busy and So I have some major catching up to do on reading and I think I left off on stuff lol I'm pretty sure I did. *HUGS* to all I miss you all hope you all are doing well. so here why i disappeared I have 3 little sisters and my 3rd lil sister had my second lil sister living with her for 2 mo ended up kicking her out her daughter. Both ended up living with me for a month and then it became my job to make sure this one got a place to stay an food in her stomach and her kid taken care of. well in all I finally got her Own Apt a few doors down from me although some time wishes I didn't. she now at my door more times than I can count asking for this an that. but *sigh I still do as deemed big sister to take care of sibling and even though she suffers from PTSD struggle to help her an everything left me little time to get on the game much less left to write. I will be able to more often to now that she now able to do stuff on her own now.
    ~Sincerely, Yunie ~
    ~Sincerely,Yunanesca~
    My show case.
    jjqfre10.png
    click the button for my Sims 4 Creator Studio
    http://yunanesca.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Well my friends, lately I feel like I'm posting to air but I know there are still a few of you out there :) Hope you don't mind this really really long update. I played a lot over the weekend!
    ydsm1.png
    Chapter 84: Three times a charm?

Brooke and Gabe still make time for date night.
    BLDZ5.png

Surprisingly, they saw Brennan having dinner with not his wife.
    BLE0l.png

No one seemed concerned and they didn’t let it affect their night.
    BLE1f.png

The wait staff were horrified.
    BLE1P.png

Poor Gabe ended up with food poisoning though.
    BLE61.png

On Love Day, John and Alexander tried to impress their mother with flowers.
    BLEaS.png
    BLEbc.png

She shunned them both. Apparently only flowers from Gabe are acceptable.
    BLEc0.png

We knew it was coming, but little Stella left the family in the middle of the night.
    BLEfB.png

Brooke and Gabe were heart broken when they woke up and found her.
    BLEhH.png

At story time it was hard to get into it. Everyone was so sad.
    BLEja.png

Poor Alex had his young adult birthday and while there was still a party everyone was sad.
    BLEkH.png
    BLEl1.png

Sometimes I forget that Brennan lives right across the street. I took this picture from Brooke’s house. It’s so pretty.
    BLEmG.png

John is a very studious student.
    BLEFh.png

Brooke has been babying little Cosmos. She knows she’ll lose him soon too.
    BLGHe.png

She puts him down long enough to help John with a school project though.
    BLGI7.png

Over dinner, Brooke shared some surprise news about her Dad. He got married for a third time!
    BLGLB.png

They went to visit but he was upstairs doing yoga with his eldest daughter from his second marriage.
    BLGNO.png

He had no idea she just stood behind him the entire time not doing any moves.
    BLGOH.png

Afterwards, he had a relaxing bath. I love him.
    BLGRg.png

Brooke didn’t need him to meet her new step mom though.
    BLGS6.png

And then…
    BLGTr.png

It was John’s birthday.
    BLGUx.png

And Brennan’s new wife was spotted wandering around in the nude!
    BLGXr.png

John’s present from his Grandfather was a trip to the jungle!
    BLGZi.png

He started learning how to haggle though he wasn’t very successful at it.
    BLH0k.png

He got his supplies and went on his first adventure.
    BLH0P.png

He managed to get himself sick.
    BLH1B.png

And attacked by bugs.
    BLH20.png

At least he had a nice place to sleep once he made his way back to Grandpa.
    BLH3b.png

How this happened while he was with his grandson in the jungle I’m not sure, but we got this notification.
    BLH3E.PNG

I guess Brennan wasn’t happy about the news.
    BLH6X.png

The next day, John was back mixing with the locals before he had more adventures.
    BLH8y.png

The trip was coming to an end when John picked up his favorite treasure.
    BLH9U.png

Brennan couldn’t say no, but he knew he was in big trouble for letting this happen.
    BLHbr.png

He didn’t know when they got home the unthinkable was happening.
    BLHcF.png

The first thing John did was give his new friend Wolfie a bath.
    BLHdg.png

This dog knows how lucky he is.
    BLHeu.png

When John got home he tried to console his mother.
    BLHf3.png

Meanwhile, outside, poor Gabe was falling victim to abduction again.
    BLHg9.png

Brooke was warming up to Wolfie. She is a dog lover after all.
    BLHjr.png

Brooke thought she’d give making friends with a stray a try…but look who’s in the background!
    BLHlJ.png

Oh Wolfie, you’re number 1!!
    BLHmr.png

I suppose it was only a matter of time before John started meeting girls at school…
    BLHnA.PNG

She came over to do homework but he just sat there while she did hers with a silly look on his face.
    BLHpV.png

Eventually he got over it though and she sat with him while he did his.
    BLHqX.png

Grandpa called to take John out and aged up right at the restaurant! :(
    BLHvq.png

He had some crazy stories to tell.
    BLHvP.png
    BLHwx.png
    BLHwM.png

Later the boys got together for a game of cards.
    BLHy9.png

Wolfie is a well-loved dog.
    BLHAg.png

Even Gabe can’t resist.
    BLHAS.png

OK this random lady that no one knows and who is not the maid came into the house and did some laundry.
    BLHCD.png

Then she went upstairs and yelled at the toys. No one seemed to mind that she was there.
    BLHD9.png

Everyone seems to want to tell John something great when he’s doing homework.
    BLHF0.png

The girl from school…Sarah…has been spending a lot of time at the house.
    BLHFU.png

And poor Gabe. Third time.
    BLHH3.png
  • Options
    desirae333desirae333 Posts: 261 Member
    Hiii guys!!! Its been a while, I have an update for you all! But first, comments/replies!

@OJenn I still can't get over how lovely your photos are... seriously! I agree with the majority so far and really love Camila. Shes gorgeous and I feel like her trait combo is interesting :)

@debjameswhite I'm sorry you feel like you're posting to air :( I promise I read - I am just really crappy at replying all the time. John and Wolfie are honestly too adorable for words!! I cant... A love interest already? I hope so! John is a little looker!

Also, welcome back to all those that are coming back (even briefly) I am fairly new, and returning lol. Here's my first update!!

09-27-18-8-41-50-PM.png

This photo pretty much sums up Jordan and Kale's relationship. They spend so much time together while also being apart, ya know? That's actually very true for my relationship too... lol

09-27-18-8-50-54-PM.png

Jordan loves her morning jogs. Kale goes on his workouts too, but Jordan never misses a morning. She loves the fresh air and scenery around her, and really, who can blame her?

09-27-18-9-00-11-PM.png
    09-27-18-9-00-23-PM.png

With their financial situation become more stable, the two finally decided it was time to try for a baby. They were successful the first time around! Kale looks so darn thrilled! But the bump is starting to grow already!! <3

09-27-18-9-11-26-PM.png
    09-27-18-9-13-16-PM.png
    09-27-18-9-17-36-PM.png

Bump watch! The first baby of the legacy will soon be born! I was so excited that I basically sped through all the time in between... I felt bad, but also, not really.

09-27-18-9-21-13-PM.png
    09-27-18-9-23-14-PM.png

Its go time!! The first little baby of the family is a baby boy! His name is Felix! And let me tell ya... hes GORGEOUS!

09-28-18-8-40-29-AM.png

Jordan is my fave... she celebrates giving birth by making a snow angel... I mean, what else are you going to do?

09-28-18-8-41-30-AM.png

Kale on the other hand, is much more practical and celebrates by getting to know his son. Boring! :P

09-28-18-8-43-16-AM.png
    09-28-18-8-45-06-AM.png

Christmas came, and these two are sickly cute! They are so darn opposite in some ways and it makes me laugh. Kale is usually the serious one to be honest, but the roles flipped when they were opening presents.

09-28-18-8-45-44-AM.png

There was lots of love that Christmas day ... more than normal.

09-28-18-8-47-23-AM.png

And this time, Kale got outside to enjoy the outdoors! What a pretty snowpal!

09-28-18-8-49-28-AM.png

The finished the day off with WAYYYY too much for food for two people. But, at least they were happy!

09-28-18-9-06-06-AM.png

The following day was time for Felix to age up. If you think he's gorgeous now, just wait! Ugh, precious nooboo!

09-28-18-9-20-34-AM.png

With Felix being a toddler now, it was time for the house to be renovated. This is a house I built I think a couple years back that I NEVER used but really loved. The reason I never used it was actually because it's only 2 bedrooms and I always play with big families. I may just stick to one kid this generation. I don't know if Jordan and Kale are the type to have too many. Maybe one more?

09-28-18-9-41-15-AM.png

With a new house and a new toddler to play with, the family got a puppy! I am such a dog person IRL that nearly all my families have pups too lol. Anyways this little munchkin is Koby and he is an Akita. I cannot wait to see him grow!

That's it for now! I am almost caught up in game. Hope you enjoyed the update!! <3 Talk soon!
  • Options
    @desirae333 What a great update! Kale and Jordan are so cute. I love the baby bump pictures! They were so cute a Christmas time. Felix is such a cutie! I can't wait to see him grown up. I love your house! And your puppy! So cute :)
  • Options
    @debjameswhite - I love seeing the family having fun out in the snow having fun. Brooke and Gabe are probably my favorite couple you've had so far. Rest in Peace Stella :( It always hurts to see sims mourning, hopefully, they can come to together. John aged up nicely - he looks a lot like his mother. I am so happy you were able to get out in the jungle and play with that pack.

@desirae333 - Thank you so much for your lovely comments.

Jordan and Kale are such a sweet couple. And baby Felix is absolutely adorable with his eyes ♥ That house is amazing and I can't wait to see the inside and how you decorate it for the family. Akitas are such good dogs, they are known to be good with kids.

Everyone - I haven't played much due to real life but I am glad to see everyone's lovely updates and families carrying on ♥
  • Options
    Good hearing from you @OJenn. Hang in there.
  • Options
    tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    @debjameswhite I'm sorry you feel that way, I promise I still read too! I try to keep up, but life keeps getting crazier for me... Just this month, the company I work for lost its second location and had to make cuts. They didn't want to fire anyone, so we all got our hours cut. I've been offered two other jobs and almost took one, but I decided to take more college classes next semester instead--finally making progress toward my degree! Last week, one of my co-workers quit unexpectedly, and I got a raise and full-time hours again. On top of all that, I'm seeing someone new (my ex and I broke up when he got home this summer; we were just going different directions in life), and it's been nice getting to spend so much time with him since he lives closer. I also run a Dungeons & Dragons game once a week for him and our mutual friends, and while it's super fun, it eats up a lot of my free time. I've been craving playing Sims lately, so I'm looking forward to when we take a break from D&D for the holidays. I can't believe it's already that time of the year again--Halloween in less than two weeks, my 21st birthday in exactly two weeks, then Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years... I need life to calm down for a minute and let me breathe!

@OJenn I hope things calm down for you soon too. It sure has been a crazy year!

@everyone - I'm loving the updates!! I'm sorry I don't get around to commenting/updating much, but I'm still here <3
  • Options
    Hey everyone, thanks for the comments. I just wanted to apologize if I made anyone feel bad. That was not my intent. I'm a happy simmer. I play and post and have fun doing it! Don't feel sorry for me or like any of you are doing anything wrong cause that for sure isn't what I'm thinking :) I love all of you!
  • Options
  • Options
    @everyone The last few days I've been working on a house for John. This is one of my most ambitious builds. It could use some more landscaping and there are a couple of rooms that could use some more decorating but I've been working on this for days and I'm tired :) Hope you enjoy!

Outside
    BSAmQ.png
    BSAna.png

Den
    BSAmr.png
    BSAnK.png
    BSApl.png

Cocktail Lounge
    BSAq9.png
    BSAqs.png

Purple Room
    BSAqQ.png

Blue Room
    BSAsp.png

Patio
    BSAtj.png

Kitchen
    BSAtV.png
    BSAub.png

Great Room
    BSAut.png

Entry
    BSAv4.png

Laundry
    BSAvy.png

Pink Room
    BSAvW.png
    BSAwg.png

Master – the views are awesome
    BSAx8.png
    BSAxv.png

Master Bath
    BSAy9.png
    BSAyG.png
  • Options
    @debjameswhite - I really love the overall color scheme that you went for in the house! Turquoise is my favorite color of all. And it looks like we are building on the same lot - I love the views.
  • Options
    @debjameswhite - Pics of my slow going build
    bf4bc0e303.jpg

bb2b3fac76.png

afc3bc977a.jpg
  • Options
    @Ojenn Give me pics!! I'm traveling so you're my only link!!
  • Options
    @Ojenn Oh it took my hotel's slow internet a bit to download the pics!! I thought you wrote that without any pics :) It looks great from the outside. I can't wait to see inside. I like we've been on the same lots a few times :)
  • Options
    @Ojenn Oh it took my hotel's slow internet a bit to download the pics!! I thought you wrote that without any pics :) It looks great from the outside. I can't wait to see inside. I like we've been on the same lots a few times :)

We have been! It's funny how that's happened completely unplanned :lol: I lost a bit of inspiration for the interior so I am taking a break.
  • Options
    ydsm1.png
    Chapter 85: Endings and Beginnings

New Year’s eve and of course there was a party.
    BWYG6.png

Until they lost their beloved patriarch.
    BWYIC.png

They had a ceremony at their family plot to honor their ancestors.
    BWYKj.png

With every end, there is a new beginning. Eventually John and Wolfie moved into his new home.
    BWYMf.png

He gave his friend Sarah the tour.
    BWYNo.png

She moved in, but it wasn’t romantic quite yet.
    BWYO1.png

She immediately started throwing parties!
    BWYQp.png
    BWYQZ.png

John goes outside to get some quiet.
    BWYRD.png

Things finally started getting romantic but of course on their first date, John’s dad was there.
    BWYTf.png

When he saw his son, he made himself scarce.
    BWYUP.png

The budding couple had their first kiss.
    BWYVv.png

John decided finally to take the trip his grandfather had got him for his birthday. They were supposed to go together so it was bittersweet.
    BWYY2.png

He has a lot more experience now, so he got a lot more from this trip though he missed his grandfather.
    BWYZG.png

Unfortunately he got sick, but when Wolfie got sick too, he had to go home early.
    BWZ1J.png

It was after this that John decided to buy the local vet office and open his own practice. It’s a lot different opening a practice with an experienced vet as opposed to one who is a novice. Little does he know, this is the same vet office his 6th Great Grandfather built!
    BWZ3r.PNG

Wolfie approved this move.
    BWZ7Q.png

So much he went to find his Dad a present.
    BWZ8C.png

On the way home he started feeling not well again.
    BWZ9E.png

Luckily John could take care of him right at home.
    BWZaQ.png

Meanwhile, things were starting to get serious with Sarah.
    BWZbH.png

Another date where John’s parents also happened to be. I love Gabe and Brooke still :)
    BWZcH.png

After dinner, the couple changed their clothes and John took Sarah down to the docks for a special moment.
    BWZfo.png
    BWZg4.png

Sadly, before the big day arrived, they lost another important member of the family.
    BWZgW.png

Sometimes when John is working late at the clinic, Sarah will come by and make him dinner.
    BWZiS.png

Whenever he’s working on his archaeology, she’s also hovering around. He doesn’t mind.
    BWZmV.png

More parties. Sarah won’t let John become reclusive.
    BWZnL.png

The next morning they had a nice breakfast and fooled around by sitting at the far ends of their table. Joking that someday those chairs could be filled with kids!
    BWZpg.png

Some pictures that will speak for themselves.
    BWZt9.png
    BWZtr.png
    BWZtO.png
    BWZtO.png
    BWZuw.png
    BWZuN.png
    BWZv7.png
    BWZvs.png
    BWZvG.png
    BWZvS.png
    BWZwx.png

They of course went to the jungle for their honeymoon.
    BX2BX.png

And got right to work on important business.
    BWZAz.png

The next day John did some work at one of his excavation sites. He had a visitor that didn’t seem to disturb him too much.
    BWZBP.png

That night did leave to the expected outcome. The first time ever the mother went for her husband first instead of the baby!
    BWZEl.png

There were a lot of parties. Sarah started having game night with her sister and her two moms.
    BWZGB.png

They also became the home to host holidays.
    BWZIe.png

John and his father-in-law, “Thank you for coming sir.”
    BWZJc.png

Brooke always gravitates to baby Erich.
    BWZKk.png

Then, just as Erich started to get old enough to do things on his own, there was more news.
    BWZL4.png

I couldn’t bring myself to remodel the rooms I had just worked so hard on so they turned half of the work room into a room for Erich.
    BWZN1.png

This is just a quick snapshot of the work John has to do.
    BWZOG.png

Brooke was ecstatic when she got the new news!
    BWZQG.png

Gabe was adorable fist punching the air.
    BWZRr.png
  • Options
    MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    Hello old friends!!! Its been forever! Like since January forever. I am not going to post any updates right now or anything...but wanted to say I miss you all!!
  • Options
    yunanescayunanesca Posts: 303 Member
    @Everyone HI all HI @Meeshelby :)
    ~Sincerely,Yunanesca~
    My show case.
    jjqfre10.png
    click the button for my Sims 4 Creator Studio
    http://yunanesca.tumblr.com/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights