Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuild | Renew: A Sims 4 Genetics + Building Challenge

Comments

• debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    You guys are too amazing I had a rough week, and the week before wasn't so great either, so I really enjoyed reading up on comments and banter ♥ @Mionax Yeah the brothers are both really great guys, its always cool to see them in other people's games! Way to go Ash hehe

@JordanNicole - Omgosh how exciting! I am always tempted to start a new legacy, can't wait to see how the Norwood Legacy goes.

@Debjameswhite - Flowers over bad words, I don't think I ever noticed that until now :lol:
  • MionaxMionax Posts: 287 Member
    ;)
    05-08-20_12-15-01_AM.png
    Origin ID:Mionax
    Origin #: madebymionax
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    edited May 2020
    @debjameswhite Perfect!! I'm glad it's displaying correctly. And thanks for reading! I'm posting a new update every day until at least Tues (they're already scheduled), then it will probably slow down to weekly or twice a week.

@Mionax So far I've resisted! But yes...I can't decide if I want a pet or a baby first...not like they can afford either yet :lol: And yay, I'm glad you're doing this challenge! It's so much fun. You're founders are super cute!

@OJenn Legacies were my favorite until this challenge came along, then I totally abandoned all of my legacies :lol: I'm excited to try to finish one for once!
    @JordanNicoleJJ I'll keep reading to see what becomes of your family. :) Thanks!
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    edited May 2020
    @ JordanNicolejj Thanks I'll give that a go! Excuse any mistakes I may make.

Okay so yesterday I spent all day deleting every lot in every world and quite enjoyed it. It's completely daunting though to find a neighbourhood empty, normally I have tons of ideas and then all of a sudden I had no idea what to do lol. Too much space too much potential. So I made my founding couple who are just really two of the maxis premade faces I've been meaning to play because I like them and I'm sick of making the same kind of sims (Usually they have big noses....I know...strange right) So if this works and I pray it does here are Tobias and Willa Creek (Don't hate the name, hate the player lol) They come with an attatchment and more on him later if this can be seen. If not is it okay if I redirect to my blog?

As you can see both are slightly dazed after leaving their prospective parents for their honeymoon and coming back to this. I'm currently building their house, finishing that tonight... Fingers crossed that this works!
    Post edited by Bloosmoo on
    @Bloosmoo I can't see your pictures but I enjoyed reading your thoughts. I love their names.
    @JordanNicoleJJ - Mine always become stories lol and then I stop somewhere along the lines.
    edited May 2020
    @Bloosmoo I feel the same way with a completely empty world! This time around I left the community lots and just "remodeled" them, because I had no motivation for building completely new structures lol. I used 'Creek' as my surname too, great minds think alike :wink:

Your pics aren't showing for me either. Here's a quick step-by-step guide:

First, go to your media library and choose the image you want to get a URL for. Then click "edit."
    stepbystep1.png

Next, click "copy" next to the URL.
    stepbystep2.png

Go to the forum comment box, click the image icon, and paste the URL in the box.
    stepbystep-3.png

It should now look like this. You can also skip the "click image icon and paste URL in box" if you simply paste your URL in the comment box and type [*img] [*/img] around the URL (minus the asterisks, no spaces). It's a basic bb code.
    stepbystep-4.png

You can make sure it's working by clicking "preview" before posting. All bb coding shows up like it will once posted.
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    edited May 2020
    @ JordanNicolejj Thank you so much for the help! Hopefully this time they'll show up and I've got it.
    https://bloosmoos.files.wordpress.com/2020/05/05-08-20_8-53-28-pm.png
    https://bloosmoos.files.wordpress.com/2020/05/05-08-20_9-01-28-pm.png
    Ps, I had no idea you'd used the name Creek....I dont' mind changing it if you'd like...thanks again.
    Post edited by Bloosmoo on
    Hm, still looks like there's something wrong... Can you just post the plain URL (no coding)? Maybe that will help solve it.

And no you can totally use the name Creek! It's a great founder name. My family's name will eventually change when I get a female heir anyway, since I always use the male's surname or a combo of the couples' last names.
    My friends...if you know me enough and trust me, can you message me your addresses? I'm being crafty and want to share with my friends.
    @Bloosmoo The issue is the blog and/or pics are restricted - when I click on the URL, I get a message saying "Access Denied. This file requires authorization: You must be logged in and a member of this blog." If you want them to be visible you'll have to go to the blog's settings and set it to "public."

@debjameswhite I'll shoot you a message :smile:

I'm going to try to play (my rebuild willow creek save) for a bit today, but I'm not feeling well. My local covid-19 testing center scheduled me to come in tomorrow based on my symptoms, so I will know if that's what I have in a few days. Wish me luck! And if anyone has time to post updates, that would be a welcome distraction right now :smile:
    @JordanNicoleJJ - Oh no, I hope you start to feel better and that it turns out not to be C-19

@Bloosmoo - Aww I often find building to be daunting, its part of why I made this challenge lol. But I also use house plans I find online for ideas.

@debjameswhite - sent you a message ♥
    @JordanNicoleJJ Get well soon!
  • carlimactcarlimact Posts: 766 Member
    @debjameswhite I sent you a message <3

Update Update!
    Rebuilding Chapter 4: Winterfest
    05-10-20_3-55-17%25C2%25A0PM.png

Click the Link!
    @carlimact Great story
  • carlimactcarlimact Posts: 766 Member
    @Mionax Thanks friend!
    :smiley:

05-12-20_11-28-43_PM.png
    05-12-20_11-44-18_PM.png
    Kat Everfang = Angelic*
    *Dauntless was not an option ;)
  • blondiebabe923blondiebabe923 Posts: 202 Member

Update time. Its a bit long.

Coco is in her 2nd semester and the stress of studying for 4 courses is starting to get to her. 04-27-20-2-00-11-PM.png She is working on one of her presentatons 04-27-20-2-22-33-PM.png All the studying and stress from homework is to much Coco decides to ask Sam out on a date. 04-27-20-2-28-31-PM.png She is really enjoying looking at him 04-27-20-2-29-03-PM.png After the date she kissed him in the snow 04-27-20-2-31-04-PM.png Before she knew it, it was nearing the end of the semester, and was also New Years Eve! Her roommates threw a party and Coco invited some of her friends over as well. They celebrated in style 04-27-20-3-19-41-PM.png And what better way to end the night, than to kiss your boyfriend 04-27-20-3-21-08-PM.png As the semester came to an end, Coco didn't do so well. She still kept her B GPA but her class grades not so much. She decided to tackle this semester full force and take 4 of her necessary classes so she only needed 1 one more semester after this. The grades made her a little sad so she turned one of her roommates into a warlock 04-27-20-3-36-39-PM.png She even had the help of her familiar to help her transition him 04-27-20-3-36-44-PM.png As much as Coco was loving being on her own at college these presentations were really cutting into her partying time, and making her a bit crazy 05-12-20-5-22-48-PM.png The 3rd semester moved a lot quicker than the first and Gretchen stopped by to see how Coco was doing. 05-12-20-5-53-24-PM.png Gretchen was super proud of Coco for getting A+'s in her 3rd semester. After Gretchen left Coco threw a party to celebrate the beginning of her last semester at college, and what better way than with a keg stand from one of her team mates on the soccer team 05-12-20-6-58-29-PM.png The day after class Sam invited Coco on a date 05-12-20-7-14-23-PM.png They were walking in the garden by the fountains and Coco couldn't think of any better place than to pop the question 05-12-20-7-14-29-PM.png She got down on one knee and professed her love for Sam. Without any hesitation he said Yes! 05-12-20-7-17-16-PM.png They are so happy, and have decided to plan an end of summer wedding 05-12-20-7-17-20-PM.png Unfortunately the good times did not last long, while Coco was at soccer practice she got the news that her father Eros had passed away. She was distraught and went home to see her family 05-12-20-7-57-18-PM.png After paying her respects to her fathers grave she went to her mother 05-12-20-7-58-40-PM.png With the last few days left of the semester and Coco finally feeling better she invited Sam over to have some woohoo fun. They may have had a little to much fun because the next night Coco invited Sam on a date because she had some news for him. 05-12-20-8-36-56-PM.png At first he was a bit shocked they both are still in college 05-12-20-8-36-58-PM.png But after it sunk in for a minute he was super excited for the next journey with Coco 05-12-20-8-37-00-PM.png She was happy that he took the news well 05-12-20-8-47-08-PM.png Before she knew it she was in her second trimester with one class left for her degree 05-12-20-8-56-54-PM.png Since Coco can't duel while pregnant, she decided to clone herself again and make her clean the place 05-12-20-9-03-07-PM.png She was freaked out for a second that her clone was pregnant as well but than came to discover that it was just an appearance and that her clone was in fact not pregnant with a clone of her baby as well. With everything going on Coco almost forgot about her soccer practice. She rushed over there and luckily with all the work she has put in, they won and she was promoted to bench warmer! Unfortunately at the end of the game she went into her 3rd trimester and was promptly kicked off the team, because well she's pregnant 05-12-20-9-07-14-PM.png When she got back to her dorm the college contacted her and told her that she has been a great tenant but with a baby on the way very soon she would have to pack her stuff up and move out. She went out to the back and was a bit sad to watch her roommate play the violin one last time 05-12-20-9-32-49-PM.png Her other roomate even felt the baby 05-12-20-9-33-27-PM.png She was finally able to move into the house of her dreams also she had this weird feeling like the house was built specifically for her 05-12-20-10-09-54-PM.png As soon as she made herself at home, she invited over her fiance Sam over she had some thing to ask him. Now that she was on her own in her own house, she wanted to know if he wanted to move in with her. He of course said yes. Sam was 6 days away from earning his culinary degree. He even got to feel the baby kick 05-12-20-10-19-51-PM.png First night in her house, and she was ready for this pregnancy to be over so she decided she would try and induce the natural way, with some woohoo in a closet 05-12-20-10-26-24-PM.png The next day was graduation and she invited her whole family. Gretchen got to feel the baby kick as well 05-12-20-10-48-39-PM.png It was finally time for her to walk that graduation 05-12-20-10-51-54-PM.png She did it! She has a degree in Biology 05-12-20-10-55-17-PM.png After she got home from graduation, and Sam got home from his classes she went into labor 05-12-20-11-00-03-PM.png Sam was freaking out a bit 05-12-20-11-00-04-PM.png Coco had a beautiful baby girl that they named Astrid ( going with magical themed names this gen ) 05-12-20-11-02-46-PM.png She aged up into a toddler with the independent trait 05-12-20-11-10-33-PM.png Coco also joined the Botanist career.

I built a greenhouse onto the property. The house is half finished. My next update I will take you on a tour of the house!

Ok I couldn't resist adding the pictures of the house. It still needs some clutter and love. But here we go.

The front of the house 05-13-20-12-51-10-PM.png The front entrance, and mudroom when there is money 05-13-20-12-51-47-PM.png The stairs to upstairs 05-13-20-12-52-20-PM.png05-13-20-12-52-30-PM.png The room before the greenhouse, and will hopefully figure out what else to add to it 05-13-20-12-52-37-PM.png05-13-20-12-52-57-PM.png The greenhouse with a beehive 05-13-20-12-53-18-PM.png Entering the living room 05-13-20-12-53-51-PM.png05-13-20-12-54-10-PM.png The kitchen, I cant decided if I want to add an island or not 05-13-20-12-54-23-PM.png05-13-20-12-54-40-PM.png05-13-20-12-54-49-PM.png I might make this a walk in pantry 05-13-20-12-55-02-PM.png Master bedroom I was hoping for twins, and if they got twins I wanted both to have the same bassinet 05-13-20-12-55-25-PM.png05-13-20-12-55-33-PM.png The master bath 05-13-20-12-55-42-PM.png The upstairs 05-13-20-12-56-30-PM.png Eventually I will add some activities up here 05-13-20-12-56-55-PM.png Astrid's room 05-13-20-12-57-22-PM.png05-13-20-12-57-31-PM.png There is another bedroom that is going to go up there and a Jack and Jill bathroom. Here is the home I took inspiration from that I found on pintrest house1.pnghouse2.png First floor firstfloor.png Second floor 2ndfloor.png Obviously we don't have garages, and the second floor second kitchen I was not down for so I made it more of a fun lofty area. I did build the garage room just do not know what to turn it into yet. Also the greenhouse was not apart of the original design. What do you all think?
    @blondiebabe923 - I love the house so far, how did you like building from a plan? And Coco is my hero, getting through college pregnant!
    @carlimact so good to see you updating again :)

@Mionax I loved this
    *Dauntless was not an option
    So cute!

@blondiebabe923 haha I love you saying that Coco enjoys looking at him. How sad to see Eros go. Congrats on the baby and Man a house tour! My favorite! Good job! I love it.

I have to say. College is not my favorite. Much better than it was in Sims 3 but I think next gen I need to just focus on 1 sim. Doing 2 and then 3…too much.

To break up some of the stress though, Harrison and Jools went on a little date. Jools is always giving Harrison the “Did you really just say that?” look.
    FK6hd.png

They were shocked when Caiden showed up!
    FK6yz.png

Later, they tried bowling.
    FK6z8.png

Neither of them did very well.
    FK6Bz.png

It was still a great time.
    FK6C4.png

Back at home, Harrison and Logan studied hard. They became super close super fast.
    FK6CM.png

The first semester was troubling. Jools was the only one who got good grades in all her classes. At least Logan and Harrison passed.

It was good enough and they celebrated by hosting the first big holiday at their house. These two are Greysen’s children with the Nanny. Of course Caiden and Lauren have been there for them.
    FK6Hi.png

I love this family.
    FK6XU.png

And so did Logan. He talked to everyone he possibly could.
    FK6Ym.png

Ryker definitely knows how to make a classic Lauren face!
    FK76y.png

After everyone went home, the trio got back to studying.
    FK778.png

Poor Logan is constantly sick.
    FK78b.png

Nothing is worse than the stomach pains he is always experiencing.
    FK78z.png

The pounding headaches are a close second though.
    FK79k.png

Lauren had been worried about Harrison, and the next day she came to check on him.
    FK7aM.png

“Mom, I got a D but everything is under control.” (He doesn’t know that she had to repeat an entire semester…)
    FK7bI.png

Logan was asked on a date. He went but his heart wasn’t in it. Aside from that, he knew immediately she was a married woman.
    FK7dR.png

It lead him to the big house that overlooked Willow Creek.
    FK7fg.png

He sobbed over his wife’s urn.
    FK7fM.png

It wasn’t long before he felt that somehow his grief was being shared.
    FK7gI.png

He would give anything to be able to touch her again.
    FK7ha.png

When he finally got back home, Caiden was there.
    FK7is.png

There was something about Logan that just didn’t sit right with Caiden and he wanted to know this relative better. Logan is very charismatic and he won him over.
    FK7jw.png

When winterfest came, the three of them decided to have a low-key holiday. Especially since they still had to go to class.
    FK7kU.png

Santa came and made himself comfortable while they worked on their homework.
    FK7lW.png

Harrison wasn’t the only one to get family visits. Jools’s mom came over frequently to check on her girl.
    FK7nB.png

As did Caiden. He had learned some things about Logan that concerned him.
    FK7oq.png

“I know a doctor, you really need to get checked out.” Logan was freaking out.
    FK7pA.png

Luckily, Logan talked Caiden into waiting until the term was over. They were about to graduate and he needed to focus.
    FK7r7.png

Caiden talked it over with Harrison and they planned to make sure that Logan would go to the doctor.
    FK7s6.png

The final grades came in and all three of them did amazingly! Something I should mention is that Jools transferred to Brichester after her first semester. They were all going to graduate together.

To celebrate, another date.
    FK7ug.png

For some reason, they were getting a lot of attention that Harrison had not planned on.
    FK7uQ.png

After the date he took Jools to the campus, down by the river. It was much quieter.
    FK7vT.png

It was raining, but neither of them cared.
    FK7wG.png

Of course she said yes.
    FK7x8.png

The next day it was time for them to graduate with a bunch of people they didn’t know.
    FK7z5.png

Harrison and Jools were beyond happy.
    FK7zE.png

Poor Logan was having issues even at graduation.
    FK7A8.png

Back at home as they were packing up, Logan told Harrison he was actually moving away. Harrison tried to convince him not to go but it was for a really good job and he had to go. He promised to get in touch as soon as he was settled.
    FK7Az.png

Jools moved back in with her mom, and Harrison moved back in with his parents for now too. Harrison was gifted a nice piece of land to build his future on. He wasn’t sure who it came from, but he had his suspicions. An added bonus was that his brother Kyle lived next door.
    FK7CN.png
    @debjameswhite - The look on Jools' face is both priceless and hilarious! Glad to see them all out and about to break things up. University for me has been a drag so far but I am going to be opting for one sim this time as well....maybe. Your sims always seem to make everyone welcomed, I love how close everyone is. Omgosh I got chills when Logan was sobbing over the urn, poor guy. Congratulations to Jools and Harrison though they are such a sweet couple. Also congrats on graduating yay! I can't wait to see the home Logan builds.
    @OJenn all of my house builds are from blueprints I find. I like it, it gives me inspirations. Sometimes it gets difficult when there's garages, and before the laundry day pack most my builds had fake laundry rooms.

@debjameswhite thanks! Once I complete it I'll add it to the gallery. And I was so sad when she got that notification.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top