Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Skintone help?

SnappiTheSimmerxxSnappiTheSimmerxx Posts: 180 Member
edited August 2017 in The Sims 2
I have downloaded (default) skin tone CC for the Sims 2, thing is that it didn't give my sims the skin they had in the past (before I downloaded the skin tone cc), It gave them really pale skin and gray eyes (i also downloaded default eye cc)! Now don't get me wrong, the cc does work but my sims have the "default" (i guess thats how you say it?) look for the skin and the eyes, really pale skin and gray eyes.
I need help???

Here is how she looked before I got the skin CC:

njwxcHG.jpg

Here is how she looks now:

18mtt47.jpg

EDIT: I found out my female sim had gray eyes before, that's why she has gray eyes now, same with my male sim, he had light blue eyes before and so does he now, the only problem left is with the skin tone.
Here's one picture of the male sim.

7smDr14.jpg
Even if I die, I'll still feel alive knowing that there are people that loved me. -Ryan Yamada
2lDWFwI.gif

Comments

• xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    I'm not sure I understand what the problem is here? Do you not like the look of the skin and eyes? Have you tried testing it on darker sims with different colored eyes?
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    When you download default skin, your sims will receive it. Each person who makes cc skin defaults, has to put in what skin it is going to replace on the CAS skin screen. The skin your sims have now, is the skin that replaced (I am guessing) the lightest maxis tone, or whichever one you used. They wont be the same. The only way for your sims to go back to the skin tone they had before is to uninstall the default skins.

The only exception to this, is if your sims had CC skin (non default) before adding the default skins. I do that, I have CC skin, and also a set of defaults mostly for the townies ect. I like more options with sims I make.

You can change it using SimPE. I know nothing of using that program though, maybe someone with some experience can help you through it.

Also there is this CC http://modthesims.info/d/284572 It will change your sims appearance, but not its genetics. So any offspring will have the old skin tone. Also you have to use a program that comes with it to input your skin tones. I have never used it, and there are conflicting reports about how well it actually works. Use at your own risk.

You could also look for a different set of defaults. Ones that you are happier with the change in tone, or closer to what you wanted. There are many out there.
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    You can either remove those defaults and switch them out with something that's a bit closer to the original tone of the skin tones (my bet is that whoever made these defaults took them out of a set that had a lot of variety and made S1 (palest skintone) very very pale,) or use Alternate Sim Surgery in Sim PE to switch to another CC or geneticized CC skin tone. (Follow instructions for this one very, very carefully. Back up your neighborhood first.)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]