Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Gallery being included in the console version concerns me (Gallery being worked on Confirmed)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
Update March 24
Gallery is now being worked on

Not being able to upload your own/download others lots,Sims and households concerns me.

Now maybe Sony/Microsoft have their own we shall see.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• antonio26298antonio26298 Posts: 32 Member
    I think that they will add something similar to the gallery, but diffrent from the PC gallery.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I assume if they were going to implement a console specific version of the gallery they wouldn't have announced "no gallery on console."

So I am going to assume that no gallery means no gallery in any way, shape or form. Sony/Microsoft aren't going to implement server space or a community sharing hub solely for a Sims game on their system, it would be on EA to develop and maintain such a feature.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I assume if they were going to implement a console specific version of the gallery they wouldn't have announced "no gallery on console."

So I am going to assume that no gallery means no gallery in any way, shape or form. Sony/Microsoft aren't going to implement server space or a community sharing hub solely for a Sims game on their system, it would be on EA to develop and maintain such a feature.

Yes if that's the case that's gonna disappoint a lot of players.
    And... With no gallery... Where are we going to save our sims and lots? I think at least we will have our library...
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    The Gallery is great for filling newcrest and having endless places to go. It will suck having to go to the same old gym or having to build your own, when you may be a bad builder. I'm sad to see that it's not included.
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member

I'm afraid this is true. Who knows, maybe with enough uproar they will develop something. At the very least I would not expect a cross-platform gallery, as that's way too hard to handle compatibility issues.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
    @SimguruDuke said in an interview that the gallery feature may be aviable for the console version in the future
    @SimguruDuke said in an interview that the gallery feature may be aviable for the console version in the future

The future could mean 2 years meanwhile I've got no way to download other people's households or lots. This means I have to make my own.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    There will be a library, so you can save your own creations. Just no community sharing.

There also won't be mod/CC support (again, putting other people's content in your game).

They did say there will be achievements though.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Wow, that kinda su.cks.

I'd understand if they had to have specific Sony/Microsoft servers for gallery use, but that doesn't make sense. Why can't they just access the EA servers?
    wJbomAo.png
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Wow, that kinda su.cks.

I'd understand if they had to have specific Sony/Microsoft servers for gallery use, but that doesn't make sense. Why can't they just access the EA servers?

Probably they can. As far as i know the data in the console such as the saves is different than the data on the pc. So it may be also the same as on lots.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Its actually not an issue for me as i dont use it on the pc at all.
  • boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    That to me is a game changer, I love the Sims 4 gallery and use it every time I create a household. There are some really talented creators out there who save me a lot of work! I'll definitely wait for Black Friday to purchase it. If it's like previous years, we can get it for $35. This is another topic but having to rebuy the packs is a game changer for me as well. I understand it wouldn't make sense to incorporate that, but spending hundreds of MORE dollars isn't ideal either.
    They did say they might add a gallery later but that would probably be atleast 2 years away. I don't like that I can't download sims and households and have to stick to the premades,townies and the ones I make.
  • Maevester123Maevester123 Posts: 1 New Member
    I agree... it’s a total game changer for me because I’m not a great builder and I used the gallery all the time on pc! Hopefully it will be added soon, hopefully not 2 years away but that is most likely if they decided they will add one.

Also having to re-purchase packs is also a game changer for me because I bought every pack apart from 2 which is like hundreds of pounds worth and I do not won’t to spend that again... I think they’re just trying to make more money, not like they already have enough!
  • Paulmarch76Paulmarch76 Posts: 56 Member
    I have made sims & lots to upload to the gallery when we get the gallery on PS4.
    Grease is the word!
  • shotbyronshotbyron Posts: 59 Member
    I think it's a really bad move on EA's part. There are a ton of games that allow users to upload and share content. And to be honest, them leaving it off the console versions. Will probably kill this games life span for many gamers. I can't speak for everyone. But for me the best part of the game is building. That or looking at other users builds. Not having that ability will quickly put this game back on the shelve to collect dust.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    If people complained about regression before... why aren't they doing it now?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I think that they will add something similar to the gallery, but diffrent from the PC gallery.

They need to add something.
    Simmers enjoy creating sims,lots and rooms with this game.
    I would happily buy it for PS4 if they did fix this.
    Just creating for myself would be increadably boring all around. As I'm sure others would be the same way.
    Its great they have finally added one just like the PC version but without cc or mods or the gallery just sucks.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

marcel21 wrote: »

Just creating for myself would be increadably boring all around. As I'm sure others would be the same way.
    Its great they have finally added one just like the PC version but without cc or mods or the gallery just plum.

I would like to see something eventually. Personally i would prefer bug fixes and performance issues adressed first.
    We 'll probebly get a gallery sometimes in 2018.
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    I believe they'll release a gallery later because they had a similar type of thing on the Sims 3 console, so it would probably be able to function on Sims 4 as well.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

Its great they have finally added one just like the PC version but without cc or mods or the gallery just plum.

I would like to see something eventually. Personally i would prefer bug fixes and performance issues adressed first.

I never personally get many bugs but of course fixes are important.

Not having the gallery will be pretty boring for some of us quickly.
    I mean I could buy every pack for PS4 but can't create and share something I built with the packs.
    It will get old fast.

It's going to put some people off as some of us love building and creating sims.

I hope they address this issue as soon as possible.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

I never personally get many bugs but of course fixes are important.

Not having the gallery will be pretty boring for some of us quickly.
    I mean I could buy every pack for PS4 but can't create and share something I built with the packs.
    It will get old fast.

It's going to put some people off as some of us love building and creating sims.

I hope they address this issue as soon as possible.

In regards to bugs i find its hit or miss when you launch the game. Sometimes i play and get none, other times i play and come across alot. Same with things like music loops etc.
  • crashhat141crashhat141 Posts: 90 Member
    Isn't the library the same thing except you're not able to share and download stuff?