Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SFP - The Longest Running Sims Game Ever?

Valgon57Valgon57 Posts: 2,040 Member
edited August 2017 in The Sims FreePlay
Since Dec 15, 2011 - 5 years 9 months and counting.

In term of official release and development, SFP is surprisingly the most long-lasting Sims title especially while being 100% online, only in mobile platform, very limited DLC and development budget. I guess no one saw it coming, even all hugely hyped Fb titles are now dead and PC sequels only have limited life-cycle.

I think the closest games are:
The Sims Online since Dec 17, 2002 until August 1, 2008 (before closing no more big patch, only running the server)
The Sims 3 since Jun 2, 2009 until last Store DLC early August 2014 (last game patch Jan 2014, 2015 patch was more Origin tie-in)

We can't directly compare SFP with the PC and console titles but being in The Sims franchise alone gives a very good reason to relate about everything :#

While we don't get many of heavy-hitter features from PC/console titles, a lot of things here are completely amazing and implemented for the 1st time of The Sims history. From functional harp to rowing machine, canoe, tricycle, cross trainer, ferris wheel, wedding ceremony stage + dancefloor, harvestable tropical plants, hammock, dozens of hobby items, etc.

And besides all world limitations all venues like ice castle, summer carnival, ski resort, hiking campground, giant fairy rainforest, shopping mall with real shops (+catwalk show+theater+bowling lane), day spa, tropical island, royal castle, penthouse, boat house, day care, functional profession venues: movie studio, police station, hospital are very fun, vibrant, and so detailed. Will take forever to finish LifeDream venue & hobbies and very tedious progress for professions but still impressed by overall design. I may don't like everything but so far I'm amazed with what FireMonkey team can do, they should overhaul SFP engine so many times for big additional features and they are real pro. ;)

I also must say that SFP animation is so detail, unique and successfully infusing some comic mischief (ring a bell?). Many unique hobbies, each one has dozens of wacky and different animations (like hilarious makeup artist and jester, cool breakdancing, snazzy salsa, cute kitten and puppy, crazy monster fish, adorable finger painting and playhouse, cool catwalk modelling, surfing in the sea), even when standing idle every age group has many cool animations, dogs can swim, kids can play with pets and puppies, old sims can feed birds and quilt, toddler can be superhero or supervillain (even fly above for a couple seconds), sims really interacting with all professions items, the wedding ceremony including cute toddler ring bearer and flower girl, all free if we can spare time or if not then spare some money, but it's still fair. Other notable thing is we can enjoy all of these without the dev/studio complaining about miserable nonsense that they have limited budget, tight timeline, complicated design, etc.