Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Robinson Collaborative Legacy OFFICIAL THREAD [2.0]

Comments

• Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    @LadyLana1 That's so strange. I can't remember if he did anything in the newest version that changed the marriage mechanics. Sometimes when he changes something it messes other things up.
  • Options
    @LadyLana1 Oh and I'm totally not ignoring your new chapter... I have a migraine and this screen is killing me.
  • Options
    LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    @Rainydayz179 now that you're mentioning it, I havent updated mccc since i got it few months ago hehe.....
    And you go off to bed straight away now! NO more screens allowed Mrs!
  • Options
    LadyLana1 wrote: »
    @Rainydayz179 now that you're mentioning it, I havent updated mccc since i got it few months ago hehe.....
    And you go off to bed straight away now! NO more screens allowed Mrs!

Oh yea, you'll want to keep that updated. I get e-mails when new ones come out cuz I support the mod. If you're on Twitter I always post on there when there's an update.

And sadly, I can't laze in bed no matter how much it would help so instead I'm stuck watching YouTube all day.
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179 I keep postponing updating as i actually need to format the pc but still haven't done it. Might as well update before hehe.

Elise's third child is old enough to leave the nest. She found the love of her life in the Bjergsen family. Read more on
    https://iammsrobinson.wordpress.com/2017/09/02/chapter-2-2-astrid-leaves-the-house/
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179 I keep postponing updating as i actually need to format the pc but still haven't done it. Might as well update before hehe.

Ugh, I've had to format way too many times in the last year. One of those wasn't formatting it was my hard drive dying though. Just make sure you back up everything. I did. I was good. And then my darned backup drive went wonky! I only recently got a bunch of my saves when it suddenly decided to work again! (temporarily) Now I do my Sims backups on a memory stick. Cuz I backup a lot. I backup my screenshots too, lol. I'm a bit obsessed. Anyway! Good luck with the format whenever you do it.
  • Options
    Finally! We get to the point where the kids start aging up! It feels like it's been forever to me waiting for this. So, there are two chapters today. The second one publishes at 11am. I wanted to have all the birthdays in one day! Then everyone can get to know the kids as I know and love them. Whew. Okay here's the first, this is when I put up the heir poll...

Chapter 3.12: Bowling Birthday

08-26-17_1-03-48c2a0pm.jpg?w=460&h=260&crop=1
  • Options
    I'm back! The birthday's continue...

Chapter 3.13: Birthday and Repair Nightmare

08-27-17_5-27-07c2a0pm.jpg?w=460&h=260&crop=1
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    So much to catch up on! I might as well throw an update out there too :D I finally got to play my Robinsons last night and I forgot how much I love this family <3

suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    What do you guys do when you accidentally left show UI on screenshots the whole evening while you have been screenshotting like crazy for birthday parties and such....? Bummer :(
  • Options
    What do you guys do when you accidentally left show UI on screenshots the whole evening while you have been screenshotting like crazy for birthday parties and such....? Bummer :(

I didn't even know that was possible using C to take pics? I've done it before when I used Fraps to take pics. Which is why I quit using it. Plus, I had a whole day that I thought I was taking screenshots and I wasn't! Now that sucked. I had to basically do a whole chapter without pics just describing what had happened! What I do is keep my screenshots folder open in my taskbar and I look at the screenshots constantly as I go to see which ones I want to keep.
  • Options
    ... that wasn't helpful as for advice... Personally, I'd use Greenshot to crop them all.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Yea i had ticked it on for a moment to capture a max skills or complete aspiration goal thingy and i usually tick it off right after :( gonna be a fun chapter. NO more plumbobs but ui everywhere hummmm
  • Options
    Whats greenshot
  • Options
    Whats greenshot

It's a screen capture software. It's free. It's what I use to take the cutouts of all the moodlets and stuff. I have it set to the print+screen button and click save directly and it saves into a folder on my desktop called GS Screenshots. So then when I format and compress everything I do the Sims screenshots and GS Screenshots... if that makes sense?
  • Options
    I probably know this but whats UI?
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    swcheppes wrote: »

User interface it's the thing that you see but isn't shown in screenshots
  • Options

User interface it's the thing that you see but isn't shown in screenshots

Like the thought bubbles?
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    Like the thought bubbles?

Yea like the outside of the screen with the sim's pic, the time on the bottom, all the stuff on the bottom right that shows their aspiration and stuff and the stuff on the top right that opens the build mode... none of that shows up in a screenshot if you have UI off.
  • Options
    Of course, the save I have open I can't screenshot to use as an example... lemme think.
  • Options
    Okay here's a pic I just took with Greenshot that shows the whole UI

2017-09-02-18_32_59-the-simse284a2-4.png
  • Options
    Here's my settings in Greenshot. The only one I actually use is capture region by clicking print screen... I assume you could use any button but that's the one I've always used since I used to copy and paste them into paint. So what capture region does is starts like a crop box if that makes sense? You hit the keyboard button, a thingy pops up wherever your mouse is with like crosshairs on it. You can move that around with your mouse until you're where you want to be like on the corner of a funny moodlet you want to show, you crop it just like you would with any program, once you lift your mouse a little thingy will pop up wanting to know what you want to do with the image, I do the second option "save directly" which like I said goes into a folder on my desktop. Then I format and compress all of my screenshots and these cutouts together in gimp.

2017-09-02-18_35_29-the-simse284a2-4.png
  • Options
    Since I've already spammed the heck out of the thread I might as well keep going. So @LadyLana1 what I'm suggesting is that you download Greenshot and use it to quickly crop the pics. Just click each one in your screenshots folder and it'll open with whatever photo viewing program is default. But you can crop them then go to the next and the next. Most of us center our shots on the target anyway so you should be able to cut around the UI without too much going missing.
  • Options
    Interesting I didn't know you could do that. You learn something new everyday!
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    I'm dying to update my house in my legacy really make it pretty and look like a real home but my Elise's has that aspiration where she needs to have 20,000 in the reserve. So I can't do anything until I reach that :( I also have two build of mine I want to use for this family as they would be perfect for them but I feel like it will be generations until we can afford them. It's so hard to play without money cheats. :s
    suRdkSd.jpg