Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Question of Morals

Minx11Minx11 Posts: 1,386 Member
I have a ghost baby in a save game of mine. I could bring this baby to life, or leave him a ghost. Is it right for me to force him into a life of which he did not start as, or is it wrong for me to leave him in this most heartbreaking of states?

(Only made this because I really have no clue what to do with him :D)

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I've never had a ghost baby, but did add a teen ghost to a household once. Playing a ghost was interesting. I'd probably keep the sim as a ghost just for the novelty.

OTOH, that sim will presumably be a ghost for most of eternity. So why not experience part of it as a living sim?
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    It's not like ghosts are really a life state that suffers in this game. They're basically funky-looking humans who don't have to use doors.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Minx11 heheh I love this question.

I think maybe he'd fit in better at school if he was alive like the other kids. :lol:
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited August 2017
    I've had ghost babies in my game before. I make them gather ingredients and cook Ambrosia once they are old enough. :p
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2017
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    I think maybe he'd fit in better at school if he was alive like the other kids. :lol:
    Fit in better? Tsk, no no no. The public school systems in sims worlds already work hard enough to promote senseless conformity. In fact, that's all they do (without mods) other than keep kids off the streets and offer up a barely edible lunch. Kind of like some of the real life schools we players had to suffer through.

Sorry, but not wanting a kid to stand out among his peers is not a valid reason alone to change something significant about him like his life state. ;)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    @igazor You're right. :( I was just thinking about how the bullies might react to his lack of actual life substance. :lol:
  • ShojoDaggerShojoDagger Posts: 320 Member
    @igazor You're right. :( I was just thinking about how the bullies might react to his lack of actual life substance. :lol:

If the bully tries to punch him, won't the bully's fist just go right through?
    Plus as a ghost he can go to the bully's house, possess the furniture & haunt the bully.

Yep being a ghost would definitely be an advantage when dealing with bullies.

I uploaded something! (yay) My Studio
    Enjoy!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I had a ghost baby once, who desperately started to want to become normal when she turned into a kid and felt the consequences of being a ghost. Great story material to fool around with with exactly your OP question in mind. My sim started practicing fishing and eventually managed to get ambrosia (with the help of her mother).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @JoAnne65 - Well, if the kid wants to not be a ghost then that's different. But I still have to cringe at your use of the word "normal" even if it fits technically. Do I have to bring out my Rudolph the Red Nosed Raindeer and the misfit wannabe a dentist elf clips again? ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @igazor Lol, you're absolutely right of course :grimace:
    5JZ57S6.png
    igazor wrote: »
    @JoAnne65 - Well, if the kid wants to not be a ghost then that's different. But I still have to cringe at your use of the word "normal" even if it fits technically. Do I have to bring out my Rudolph the Red Nosed Raindeer and the misfit wannabe a dentist elf clips again? ;)

What's "normal" is really a very broad range, it's just insecure people who have to define it as much narrower than it actually is, so they can pigeon-hole everyone different than themselves as "weirdos".

"oooh you wear glasses, you're such a weirdo! four-eyes! four-eyes!"
    Well, no, lots of people need corrective lenses, it's very common & therefore within the range of normal.

Even "Rudolph the Red-Nosed reindeer"... Rudolph & the other misfits are outcast for being "different".
    In real life, people are all individuals & different from each other, these differences are normal. A place where everyone is the same isn't normal.
    That's the point of Rudolph, not "different people are weirdos, but we should accept them", but rather "everyone's different, being different is normal".
    So it was the other elves & reindeer who were the actual "weirdos", because of their lack of individuality, and Rudolph & company were actually the normal ones.
    Enjoy!
    @ShojoDagger Wow, when you put it that way...maybe the ghost kid has the capability of being the most popular kid at school! I would want to be friends with the indestructible ghost child! :lol:
    @ShojoDagger Wow, when you put it that way...maybe the ghost kid has the capability of being the most popular kid at school! I would want to be friends with the indestructible ghost child! :lol:

@Emily4331
    As long as this doesn't happen....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng0olzfFzog
    Enjoy!
    @ShojoDagger Ahahah! I love you for that. :heart:
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I am currently playing a save with ghost babies. I decided from the start that I would give them Ambrosia on their teen birthdays. Although they seemed perfectly happy as ghosts, it was painful for me because they are so slow because of the floating. I did, however, find it adorable how they spent their childhoods scaring everyone in the family :)
    35360670564_e3ce9971ab_b.jpg
    35360667544_309e90a2c5_b.jpg
    35972544466_fc41570384_b.jpg
    The two teens on the right were formerly ghosts :)
    36212589565_0fa4e2ba69_b.jpg
    @Mikezumi
    I use Kolipoki's Walking Ghost mod.

It's not supported anymore, & might not work for 1.69 if you have that. I have 1.67 & it works for me.
    Enjoy!
    @ShojoDagger Thanks for that tip. I also have 1.67. The slow walk is not the only reason I don't want them to remain ghosts - I also want to be able to see their faces :) but I will definitely look that mod up for the kids :)
    @ShojoDagger I just checked it out and it seems it also takes away the scaring which is a pity because I actually find that cute in the kids. Thanks anyway :)
    @Mikezumi
    I think they can still use the "scare" interaction, but they just don't do it autonomously. At least not as often as ghosts usually do, I think I've still seen ghosts doing autonomous scares, but I don't know if they were doing it from other traits, or if that function of the mod wasn't working.
    Enjoy!
    @ShojoDagger I only direct my sims to do the occasional thing to meet certain wishes/goals. If I had to tell them to scare others I would not be so charmed by it. I could try the mod and see what I think, though :)
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Fit in better? Tsk, no no no. The public school systems in sims worlds already work hard enough to promote senseless conformity. In fact, that's all they do (without mods) other than keep kids off the streets and offer up a barely edible lunch. Kind of like some of the real life schools we players had to suffer through.

RussPeters.jpeg
    WAIT? YOU...had a lunch...from YOUR school?

Heck, if we were lucky we had a bag lunch (a bag of Cheetos...and a sliced carrot half) and a cheery "Have a good day at school, kid...no we didn't get you any juice pack...use the school fountain."

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Minx11Minx11 Posts: 1,386 Member

RussPeters.jpeg
    WAIT? YOU...had a lunch...from YOUR school?

Heck, if we were lucky we had a bag lunch (a bag of Cheetos...and a sliced carrot half) and a cheery "Have a good day at school, kid...no we didn't get you any juice pack...use the school fountain."

I'm still in school, and we can either bring our own lunch or we can buy it from a canteen, which has everything you could want for lunch.