Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I haven't played WA in a long time.....

....and I have forgotten so much. Does anyone know if Nraas mods have been changed? I seem to remember, maybe in the traveler mod, that you could choose a foreign city as your home world. It's been a few years so it's quite possible I'm remembering wrong. I want one of my Sims to live in a WA world full time.

The only things I have installed right now are the base game and WA. I want to replay the game as it came out. I remember with a later EP you could move to any city but right now I don't have that.
"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    With the Traveler mod, in addition to more reliable travel transitions so much less getting stuck along the way, you can travel your sims to and move them permanently to any EA or custom world you have installed with no loss of relationships or data as the world traveled or moved from stays in the same game save and can be traveled back to. I don't actually know of anyone who has their sims live in EA's version of the three WA worlds though, if that's even possible -- out of the box, they really aren't very conducive to everyday living. There's no schools, no careers for the most part, no City Hall, the demographics of those worlds do not really allow for babies or toddlers so any births are typically resolved to children on one's next visit, etc. Uni World is kind of like that too, a great place to visit and go to school, but not so much fun to live in, if that were even allowed for.

Of course, some of that can be worked around by the player developing and adding to the WA worlds through Edit Town. But the sims who live there typically won't progress (on their own) as they might in other worlds. It's really a more popular choice to install some custom worlds that resemble the WA worlds and have some sims live there. I guess it depends on the experience you are really after -- different cultures and the feel of a foreign world, are the tombs and exploration important, do you just want your sim to hang out at the Nectary all day, etc. ;)

The EP that allows for sims to move from one world to another in-game is IP. But that mechanism is really just another way to start the game over, it doesn't accomplish anything that saving your household to the bin and placing them in a different world, thus starting a new game save, does.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    @iazor I remember starting a game a long time ago and I made China a home world for a Sim. I built the actual town part over with the world editor and I added all those things you talked about. I didn't play it very long because I was sidetracked by a new EP or something....you know...the "new shiny" whatever. I just can't seem to remember how I got them there full time.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright