Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Must Have Mods?

Comments

• SimplyRoyalSimplyRoyal Posts: 174 Member
    @NRowe || That's nice! I was thinking about changing it myself.

@Huiiie_07 || Do you know the name of the custom traits mod? If you have the link would you mind pasting it?

@Andiratyme & @MrMonty96 || That's great! :)

❀ ✿A best friend is like a four-leaf clover, hard to find, lucky to have.❀ ✿
    <3
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited August 2017
    I agree, MC Command is almost the be all, end all.

I do use a Darker Loading Screen Mod, because I plan on being able to use my eyes for a little while longer, haha. The gray is really nice. It's nice for when I want to slip into the game a bit before bed, and don't want the white eye blast. I wish the forum had a "Sundown" color scheme as well. YouTube Black, anyone?

I have the Shimrod All Beds Same Energy Mod. It was originally Shimrod's, but was updated by another modder, rial. The page is in Korean, but the actual download link is the 4th line down from the title and has a tiny green arrow to the right of it. It seems to be working fine. It does basically what is says, giving more decorating options for bedrooms without the Cheap Bed sore back moodlet popping up.

The Shimrod Woohoo Acceptance Mod is still working, as well. Who actually fist pumps before they do the do? :expressionless: This replaces that with Flirty animations. Good golly, I hope it never breaks.

LittleMsSam of MTS has several nice works. I use Sleep All Night so that Sims don't wake up at 4AM. Unlock Door For Chosen Sims is good for when you want to let Sims' friends in and are having certain doors locked. You don't have to keep unlocking and relocking them. No Tiny Harvestables keeps produce from shrinking down to almost microscopic size sometimes when you plop it onto a surface.

I have the Zerbu mod that allows you to change the locked lots, the Bluffs, Myshuno Meadows, etc, to different lot types. I don't have the linky, does anyone? He did retire his tumblr due to some sad happenings, but there was still one working link last I knew.

It's a real pain to play without the Simstopics Walk Styles Override, too. I just use the Have To Pee portion of this. It changes the pigeon-toed shuffle to a Jog. If I walked that slow when I had to go, I'd just give it up and buy Depends.

@stilljustme2, does that Keep Vampire Out Mod actually work? They were saying in the comments of the Mod that it didn't since the last patch. I deleted Vlad in my Test Save, I haven't had any vamp visits without the Mod and no Vlad. I don't care if they're around, I just don't want them visiting, ie, coming in without being invited, and feeding, in certain Saves.

@CyrusTheLoser, I use that Shimrod Less Smiling Mod, but think it may be causing lag, still investigating. Do you have City Living, and how does it do when you're in San Myshuno? It does really help with the crazed grinning.

So far I've only seen Vlad visit in my Geek Squad game (a family of geeks move in with the dad's friend from college -- I want to finish as many collections as I can with that one). Haven't had him show up in my Purdue save. I mainly was tired of the random spawned vampires showing up on my doorstep late at night.

Another one I forgot to mention is Shimrod's Happy Buffs Changed to Fine -- it tones down the decor buffs so you're not getting the massive mood swings when you walk in the house. So if an event at work or school makes you Sad or Embarrassed, you won't immediately turn Happy from decor buffs as soon as you walk in the house. It's a small thing but has helped my game play a lot, especially with the Parenthood mood swings because they have a bit more impact.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    edited August 2017

I do use a Darker Loading Screen Mod, because I plan on being able to use my eyes for a little while longer, haha. The gray is really nice. It's nice for when I want to slip into the game a bit before bed, and don't want the white eye blast. I wish the forum had a "Sundown" color scheme as well. YouTube Black, anyone?

I have the Shimrod All Beds Same Energy Mod. It was originally Shimrod's, but was updated by another modder, rial. The page is in Korean, but the actual download link is the 4th line down from the title and has a tiny green arrow to the right of it. It seems to be working fine. It does basically what is says, giving more decorating options for bedrooms without the Cheap Bed sore back moodlet popping up.

The Shimrod Woohoo Acceptance Mod is still working, as well. Who actually fist pumps before they do the do? :expressionless: This replaces that with Flirty animations. Good golly, I hope it never breaks.

LittleMsSam of MTS has several nice works. I use Sleep All Night so that Sims don't wake up at 4AM. Unlock Door For Chosen Sims is good for when you want to let Sims' friends in and are having certain doors locked. You don't have to keep unlocking and relocking them. No Tiny Harvestables keeps produce from shrinking down to almost microscopic size sometimes when you plop it onto a surface.

I have the Zerbu mod that allows you to change the locked lots, the Bluffs, Myshuno Meadows, etc, to different lot types. I don't have the linky, does anyone? He did retire his tumblr due to some sad happenings, but there was still one working link last I knew.

It's a real pain to play without the Simstopics Walk Styles Override, too. I just use the Have To Pee portion of this. It changes the pigeon-toed shuffle to a Jog. If I walked that slow when I had to go, I'd just give it up and buy Depends.

@stilljustme2, does that Keep Vampire Out Mod actually work? They were saying in the comments of the Mod that it didn't since the last patch. I deleted Vlad in my Test Save, I haven't had any vamp visits without the Mod and no Vlad. I don't care if they're around, I just don't want them visiting, ie, coming in without being invited, and feeding, in certain Saves.

@CyrusTheLoser, I use that Shimrod Less Smiling Mod, but think it may be causing lag, still investigating. Do you have City Living, and how does it do when you're in San Myshuno? It does really help with the crazed grinning.

So far I've only seen Vlad visit in my Geek Squad game (a family of geeks move in with the dad's friend from college -- I want to finish as many collections as I can with that one). Haven't had him show up in my Purdue save. I mainly was tired of the random spawned vampires showing up on my doorstep late at night.

Another one I forgot to mention is Shimrod's Happy Buffs Changed to Fine -- it tones down the decor buffs so you're not getting the massive mood swings when you walk in the house. So if an event at work or school makes you Sad or Embarrassed, you won't immediately turn Happy from decor buffs as soon as you walk in the house. It's a small thing but has helped my game play a lot, especially with the Parenthood mood swings because they have a bit more impact.

I'll keep that mod in mind. :smile:
    <3
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member

Hm, I'll look into the darker loading screen mod, me myself too love to play before bed. Oh thank you so much for the sleep all night mod I NEED that one, my sims always wake up early somehow, even when they go to bed dead tired they still end up waking up earlier. Smh. :joy:

Just curious but what sad happenings happened to Zerbu, once again just asked out of curiosity. Always gets the best of me, haha.

You're very welcome. Sleep All Night Mod seems to work quite well. They do wake if Needs get in the orange to red. I'm not sure if they still autonomously wake up a couple hours before work--they may not. I've been testing it in a Save with two Sims, only one of which has a job, so I usually get her up about 3 hours before work so she can do her Yoga. That takes forever, lol. When I go to my busier Saves with children and a couple adults all needing to wake autonomously, I may regret if they don't. :p

I think Zerbu had some type of trolling, but I'm going from memory, so don't take my word for law. :)
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member

Thanks for the reply. I've played around a Sim week with Vlad deleted. The only Vamps I've seen are Lilith and Caleb. Caleb is a waiter at a restaurant in SM. It's so funny to see him bringing your order with that Supernatural Speed. I quite like that. They've both stood on the sidewalk at my house once in the evening, but I made them leave with MCCC. I watched them for quite a while, and they didn't try to come into the yard or knock. Of course I haven't done any Vamp related actions. I'm hoping that will be all I need to do to keep Vamps from feeding unless I want them to.

I may have to try that Happy Buffs To Fine since Less Smiling causes the lag as far as I can tell. That version has been updated more recently.
  • PreslynnPreslynn Posts: 36 Member
    I must be the only person who doesn't want MC Command Center. It has some good stuff I would like but it seems too risky for someone as clueless as me and I don't want story progression in my game either. It already bugs me when I rotate away from someone and they make enemies. I use cc moreso than mods but I do use a set of "work from home" mods because I hate rabbit hole careers. Other than that I have some custom aspirations for variety. If there is a mod that stops townie generation completely, I need that in my game and it would be my must have.
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Andrew's pose player and teleport mod, along with various pose packs. The pose player gives you 2 options when clicking a sim - Pose by pack and by name. The teleport mod gives you a cc piece, which is a pure white knight statue that you can use to teleport a sim somewhere. If you have pose packs you will need to put the knights somewhere (usually having it overlap others for multiple sims and/or placing it in an object) Its hard to explain but i'm sure there is a tutorial somewhere.

UI extension cheats - Gives you various cheats for the UI, like right clicking funds to modify them, right clicking the clock to set time, clicking on needs to fill them, right clicking a sim in relationships to modify their relationships, ect. I Will share links as soon as i find them.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
    I Got links!

Pose player and teleport mod (seperate, but i highly recommend downloading them both if you will be getting pose packs):
    http://sims4studio.com/thread/2617/andrews-studio

UI Cheats
    http://modthesims.info/d/558548
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...

Hm, I'll look into the darker loading screen mod, me myself too love to play before bed. Oh thank you so much for the sleep all night mod I NEED that one, my sims always wake up early somehow, even when they go to bed dead tired they still end up waking up earlier. Smh. :joy:

Just curious but what sad happenings happened to Zerbu, once again just asked out of curiosity. Always gets the best of me, haha.

You're very welcome. Sleep All Night Mod seems to work quite well. They do wake if Needs get in the orange to red. I'm not sure if they still autonomously wake up a couple hours before work--they may not. I've been testing it in a Save with two Sims, only one of which has a job, so I usually get her up about 3 hours before work so she can do her Yoga. That takes forever, lol. When I go to my busier Saves with children and a couple adults all needing to wake autonomously, I may regret if they don't. :p

I think Zerbu had some type of trolling, but I'm going from memory, so don't take my word for law. :)

I downloaded the Sleep All Night Mod, I agree it works quite well. Thanks telling me about the needs, I'll need to keep that in mind.

Wow, I wonder who would troll Zerbu, I'll search it up.
    <3
    Preslynn wrote: »
    I must be the only person who doesn't want MC Command Center. It has some good stuff I would like but it seems too risky for someone as clueless as me and I don't want story progression in my game either. It already bugs me when I rotate away from someone and they make enemies. I use cc moreso than mods but I do use a set of "work from home" mods because I hate rabbit hole careers. Other than that I have some custom aspirations for variety. If there is a mod that stops townie generation completely, I need that in my game and it would be my must have.

Do you know the names of the custom aspiration mods you have? Thanks a bunch xx
    <3
    I Got links!

Pose player and teleport mod (seperate, but i highly recommend downloading them both if you will be getting pose packs):
    http://sims4studio.com/thread/2617/andrews-studio

UI Cheats
    http://modthesims.info/d/558548

Thanks for the links, recently downloaded UI cheats already. So don't need that one!
    <3
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    First one is a mod that changes the townie name pool to more english names
    Can I ask which one that is please, and if you have a link to it? The only ones I can see that are 'pre-made' are for older Sims versions :)

TIA.
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    edited September 2017
    @Preslynn: i'm the same. i've looked at MC Command Center so many times but i'm seriously clueless and i know i will mess up.

i would like for townies to vanish, too. i don't need so many extra Sims when i have my own to fill the towns--and i never see them around because of the townie invasion.
    also, to be able to manage how flirting/enemies made/contradictory interactions work. like a hug after rejecting romantic interactions, happy chatting after insults fly, stuff like that.

but TBH, i find most of these things (even properly searching for them) are way, way over my head.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    I downloaded Shimrods Happy Buffs Changed to Fine and it is quite a game changer! I also have Parenthood and my current save has 5 teens. Before this mod, no matter what kind of day they had at school, as soon as they walked in the door, here came instant happiness! Even the moods swings from Parenthood didn't do much, nothing could overcome being in a beautifully decorated house. But now if they come home angry, sad, embarrassed,etc. the mood stays. Their parents have a chance to help them deal with their moods. They argue with each other, get angry and/or tense at times, even get into fist fights (which actually surprised me). If you want drama in your game, I definitely recommend this mod.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
    edited September 2017
    hi all. after i posted i decided to be "brave" and try to add mods that could get me closer to the gameplay style i want. i still find basically everything to be rocket-science (i have... probably never used mods in any Sims games) but i got the following:

No Autonomous Rude/Flirty/Enchanting Introductions by egureh.

Stop Random Flirting by Aariancya.

how effective testing is done... well. i guess time will tell?
    @fewlines Nice!!
    <3
    edited September 2017
    i'm trying to figure out if they will conflict with Have Some Personality, Please!, mentioned above by @ModerateOsprey, because i would love to have that as well. there's so much i have to learn...
  • PreslynnPreslynn Posts: 36 Member
    Preslynn wrote: »

Do you know the names of the custom aspiration mods you have? Thanks a bunch xx

I'm late but here:
    http://simelicious.tumblr.com/post/155939238928/2-new-aspirations-hey-guys-i-have-my-first
    http://modthesims.info/d/590925
    http://modthesims.info/m/8856887
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    > @3KNPen said:
    > MCCommand Center is definitely great and I love having it running in my game.
    >
    > Another one I really like is the UI Extensions Cheat Mod. It has a lot of really helpful things it can do and it's really easy to use. You can use it to drag needs a little bit or fill and deplete them completely, get rid of moodlets, easily add or subtract money from family funds, it also allows you to see the actual relationship value for both friendship and romance by clicking on the sim in your relationship panel and can increase or decrease both as needed. I get a LOT of use out of this mod.

This was the only mod I ran for the longest time. I have only recently discovered MCCC. Although I had my game or MCCC crash while playing. Not sure of the why. I will be taking all cc out except UI Extensions and MCCC to see if there was older cc causing it.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Sims 4:

MC Command Center
    Pregnancy Mega Mod
    UI Cheats Mod
    Oh hamburgers!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Sims 4:

MC Command Center
    Pregnancy Mega Mod
    UI Cheats Mod

Hello @ShanTheEmolga

This was posted on the MC Command Center mod site by the mod creator
    MCCC AND PREGNANCY
    egwarhammer:
    If you are playing Sims 4 with MCCC there is NO OTHER Pregnancy mod required. Others conflict and cause things to stop working properly in your game. Delete the Pregnancy Mega Mod if you have that. It is NOT doing your game any good.
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/doc/mcpregnancy
    https://discord.gg/Xfn9xrR
    Reblog for EG’s post because she’s right! ;)
    (bump sorry) Here's a darker loading screen mod. I Feel lots of people need this, cause tbh that bright white loading screen is awful.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=581674
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • itsmetroiitsmetroi Posts: 3 New Member
    MC Command Center and the new No Restaurant Bill When Invited mod
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    I use the seating fix mod by Camsin259, the faster eating/drinking mod by Cyclelegs, and the faster shower and baths mod by PolarBearSims.
    The latter ones because in vanilla it really takes up to much time for doing these minor tasks, and the first one because sims almost never use provided seating in lounges, at wedding etcc. All these Mods can be found at MTS.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited April 2018
    I have 3 mods that I cannot play without, I will not start the game without them.

Lock Skill Gain Progress - Make Sims Your Own by Triplis
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=601844

THIS MOD IS AMAZING!! Yes, I mean that in all caps.

MTS_Triplis-1726491-bad-cook-main-screenie.jpg
    I'm borrowing a pic from Triplis here as a illustration but as the name says. Lock the skills of your sims and make them your own.

For two years I have avoided haven ovens in my sims homes because I got tired of all of the becoming master chefs just by doing dinner daily. I wanted lvl 10 cooking to be exclusive and special for my sim that finished that aspiration. The same for videogames, I put all the computers in the basements in the library and household inventory because I wanted my gamer-sims to be the only ones who got specialized in that. I wanted my sims to feel different. By virtue of playing the game with a very long lifespan all the sims got pretty much high skills. They felt the same, I got bored.

1726492.largethumb.jpg
    Now I just lock different skills for different sims and they don't progress anymore. My main sims has an oven in her home and she is still a bit of a klutz in the kitchen even if she makes dinner every night. I <3 this so so much. I can start placing items freely in the game again because the sims that I don't want to have specific skills have those locked. They don't feel the same any more. I look forward to playing my sims who are specialized in different skills because they are different.

@Triplis , you are a hero!! :)

No Happy Environment Moodlets by roBurky
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=591054

It just makes such a difference to the game, your sim will start to feel bored, sad, angry and not just stay "happy" through everything.

MCCC

To big to explain quickly here. It is great, if you are mod-curious go into the gameplay-forum and look for the MCCC-thread