Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Must Have Mods?

SimplyRoyalSimplyRoyal Posts: 174 Member
Hello, Everyone! <3

I was playing my game the other day when I realized I have NO MODS, at all. I was wondering if anyone would share some of their favorites
with an explanation of what the mod does, and the link? Thanks :blush: xx

// So far I've found one mod: MC Command Center \\
❀ ✿A best friend is like a four-leaf clover, hard to find, lucky to have.❀ ✿
<3

Comments

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,176 Member
    Aside from MCCC, I use the hide lot traits effects mod.
    It hides the annoying sparkly stuff you get from certain lot traits.
    An essential mod for storytelling.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited August 2017
    the only mod I consider a "must have" for myself is this one which changes the over the top "happy" smiles into a much more neutral face. It feels like I'm playing a creepy serial murderer game otherwise
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    MC Command Center is a must have for me -- it actually adds a story progression so Sims will get married and have kids (not necessarily in that order). You can also set the percentages of spawned Sims -- my game seemed to be producing way too many single elder Sims for my taste so I turned that percentage to "off". It also meant I could delete a lot of the mods I was using to stop annoying autonomous actions.

Since I have the vampire pack, I have two mods that I really like: Eternal Night in Forgotten Hollow keeps that world dark, so vampires without sun resistance can be out during the day without risking crispy critters. :D It makes sense for vampires to have a place where they can be safe and go about their business. The other one keeps most vampires out of the "normal" neighborhoods (though it doesn't work on Vlad; he'll still show up for a midnight snack so I deleted him and put his "son" in the mansion so we'll see if any of the other vampires get the munchies). You don't have to worry about strange Sims showing up on your doorstep at 10pm and finding out they're vampires. You might still see them at festivals or in active workplaces (Caleb Vatore is a scientist, for example) but they won't be in the random walkbys in the neighborhoods.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    Hello, Everyone! <3

I was playing my game the other day when I realized I have NO MODS, at all. I was wondering if anyone would share some of their favorites
    with an explanation of what the mod does, and the link? Thanks :blush: xx

// So far I've found one mod: MC Command Center \\

And that's the ONE. I just was able to download my game to my new laptop. I went in to see if it was playable, created a character and then it was time to make dinner. Next day, I tried again. My character, a YA had NO skills. Pity this isn't something we can include in CAS, since some of us like to start with a family. This one was an experiment. Once I realized game play would be off having to start completely from scratch, I made plans to download MCCC there, too. For some odd reason it wasn't working. Then I got the bee to make a copy of my Tray, Saves and Mods folder from the game on my gaming rig. I was able to get that installed into my new game. Works like a champ. Some of my cc clothing goes a tad wonky, but I'm guessing it's older, and the upgraded game doesn't like it much, or the laptop is lacking something. No matter. So what if her panniers flatten out when she turns to the side?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    MCCC for me. It has various component modules and I have all of them. I think I also have a few others, including one that keeps the background images in sharper focus rather than distance blur. But that's about it.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • SimplyRoyalSimplyRoyal Posts: 174 Member
    edited August 2017
    MC Command Center is a must have for me -- it actually adds a story progression so Sims will get married and have kids (not necessarily in that order). You can also set the percentages of spawned Sims -- my game seemed to be producing way too many single elder Sims for my taste so I turned that percentage to "off". It also meant I could delete a lot of the mods I was using to stop annoying autonomous actions.

Since I have the vampire pack, I have two mods that I really like: Eternal Night in Forgotten Hollow keeps that world dark, so vampires without sun resistance can be out during the day without risking crispy critters. :D It makes sense for vampires to have a place where they can be safe and go about their business. The other one keeps most vampires out of the "normal" neighborhoods (though it doesn't work on Vlad; he'll still show up for a midnight snack so I deleted him and put his "son" in the mansion so we'll see if any of the other vampires get the munchies). You don't have to worry about strange Sims showing up on your doorstep at 10pm and finding out they're vampires. You might still see them at festivals or in active workplaces (Caleb Vatore is a scientist, for example) but they won't be in the random walkbys in the neighborhoods.

I've been thinking about getting the vampire pack, I'll make sure I bookmark the websites for the vampire mods. Thanks =)
    <3
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    The balanced calories mod by Candyd is a great solution to the calorie system the game has (which isn't balanced at all imo):
    http://modthesims.info/d/591226

If you're a fan of watching tv with your sims and hate the video distortion that happens whenever you speed the time up, check out this mod:
    http://modthesims.info/d/572727

This is another mod that gets rid of distortion when speeding up time, but it's for stereos:
    http://modthesims.info/d/540178
    edited August 2017
    The balanced calories mod by Candyd is a great solution to the calorie system the game has (which isn't balanced at all imo):

If you're a fan of watching tv with your sims and hate the video distortion that happens whenever you speed the time up, check out this mod:

This is another mod that gets rid of distortion when speeding up time, but it's for stereos:

Thanks, ♥ I'll definitely try out the video distortion mod for the tv and balanced calories mod!
    <3
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    I agree, MC Command is almost the be all, end all.

I do use a Darker Loading Screen Mod, because I plan on being able to use my eyes for a little while longer, haha. The gray is really nice. It's nice for when I want to slip into the game a bit before bed, and don't want the white eye blast. I wish the forum had a "Sundown" color scheme as well. YouTube Black, anyone?

I have the Shimrod All Beds Same Energy Mod. It was originally Shimrod's, but was updated by another modder, rial. The page is in Korean, but the actual download link is the 4th line down from the title and has a tiny green arrow to the right of it. It seems to be working fine. It does basically what is says, giving more decorating options for bedrooms without the Cheap Bed sore back moodlet popping up.

The Shimrod Woohoo Acceptance Mod is still working, as well. Who actually fist pumps before they do the do? :expressionless: This replaces that with Flirty animations. Good golly, I hope it never breaks.

LittleMsSam of MTS has several nice works. I use Sleep All Night so that Sims don't wake up at 4AM. Unlock Door For Chosen Sims is good for when you want to let Sims' friends in and are having certain doors locked. You don't have to keep unlocking and relocking them. No Tiny Harvestables keeps produce from shrinking down to almost microscopic size sometimes when you plop it onto a surface.

I have the Zerbu mod that allows you to change the locked lots, the Bluffs, Myshuno Meadows, etc, to different lot types. I don't have the linky, does anyone? He did retire his tumblr due to some sad happenings, but there was still one working link last I knew.

It's a real pain to play without the Simstopics Walk Styles Override, too. I just use the Have To Pee portion of this. It changes the pigeon-toed shuffle to a Jog. If I walked that slow when I had to go, I'd just give it up and buy Depends.

@stilljustme2, does that Keep Vampire Out Mod actually work? They were saying in the comments of the Mod that it didn't since the last patch. I deleted Vlad in my Test Save, I haven't had any vamp visits without the Mod and no Vlad. I don't care if they're around, I just don't want them visiting, ie, coming in without being invited, and feeding, in certain Saves.

@CyrusTheLoser, I use that Shimrod Less Smiling Mod, but think it may be causing lag, still investigating. Do you have City Living, and how does it do when you're in San Myshuno? It does really help with the crazed grinning.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member

If you want to just hide the effects, but keep the buffs. MC has an option turn off headline effects. No restart required.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    CyrusTheLoser, I use that Shimrod Less Smiling Mod, but think it may be causing lag, still investigating. Do you have City Living, and how does it do when you're in San Myshuno? It does really help with the crazed grinning.

I haven't noticed any lag. My San Myshuno is buggy in many ways but I wouldn't say lag is one of my issues. (Other than simulation lag, but that's an issue which even EA has said they are capable of replicating so that's not a cc/mod issue)

there's always a possibility a mod could be messing with the performance of the game but if that has been the case for me, it hasn't been bad enough for me to want to remove it and go back to the creepy smiles :D
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    edited August 2017
    Thanks, Cyrus. This is a "The Sims 4 Has Stopped Responding" lag of a few seconds, so it's fairly bad. It seems to be only in restaurants, and much better if the restaurants don't have Lot Traits. I'm going back in now after I pulled the Mod, so will try to update.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited August 2017
    MCCommand Center is definitely great and I love having it running in my game.

Another one I really like is the UI Extensions Cheat Mod. It has a lot of really helpful things it can do and it's really easy to use. You can use it to drag needs a little bit or fill and deplete them completely, get rid of moodlets, easily add or subtract money from family funds, it also allows you to see the actual relationship value for both friendship and romance by clicking on the sim in your relationship panel and can increase or decrease both as needed. I get a LOT of use out of this mod.
    ~ ~ ~
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    edited August 2017
    Personally I use MCC to set my own lifespans. I use normal as a baseline; but I make adults live 70 days as adults rather than 20. In my opinion it gives a slightly more realistic lifespan. Without it, Sims were too old before their children were grown and forget seeing grandchildren. Now my Sims have more time.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited August 2017
    First one is a mod that changes the townie name pool to more english names, than MCCC, but just because I also want to see the unplayed households to carry on with their lifes, then some custom traits for more variety, then another mod I think I am not allowed to discuss here because it would raise the t-rating here >:):D
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

I use the TV mod, but the one for stereos is no longer needed because there is an in-game option for this. Options>Audio> uncheck "Match Speed Stereo Music."
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    MCCC and UI Cheats Extension are probably my must-haves. I have several others, but those 2 are definitely ones I couldn't play without.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Andiratyme wrote: »
    MCCC and UI Cheats Extension are probably my must-haves. I have several others, but those 2 are definitely ones I couldn't play without.

Yup, same here!
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

I use the TV mod, but the one for stereos is no longer needed because there is an in-game option for this. Options>Audio> uncheck "Match Speed Stereo Music."
    That sounds familiar now that you mention it. I might have deleted this mod when that setting came out, then, but I can't remember.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    No Fitness/Muscle change for gameplay. UI Cheats Extension and SimInfo for testing things.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
    Some more mods I have that are regularly updated

Personality Please - stops idle chat and lets sims get down to proper convos. For those that want drama.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=594573

More Clubs per Sim by @Neia - superfast updates after patches
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=571322

A whole pile of mods from coolspear - automatically changing into school uniforms for kids and teens, no running about on lots, stop objects fading out and more
    http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/forum/321-coolspears-mods-and-lots/

Show/Search Sim Info Mod
    Loads of loads of info on any sim, search by name, trait, etc, etc. etc, Essential
    http://modthesims.info/d/576053
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....

If you want to just hide the effects, but keep the buffs. MC has an option turn off headline effects. No restart required.

Headlineeffects off from the Cheats Window doesn't work on the sparkles. Unfortunately, neither does the MCCC setting. It does remove the plumbobs and thought bubbles, but not the sparkles.

After removing Shimrods Less Smiling Mod and going to my San Myshuno restaurant, my "The Sims 4 Is Not Responding" lag of several seconds is gone, even with the Lot Traits on. It could be that it just doesn't play well with another of my Mods, since I seem to be the only one so far with this.

Headlineeffects off from the Cheats Window doesn't work on the sparkles. Unfortunately, neither does the MCCC setting. It does remove the plumbobs and thought bubbles, but not the sparkles.

After removing Shimrods Less Smiling Mod and going to my San Myshuno restaurant, my "The Sims 4 Is Not Responding" lag of several seconds is gone, even with the Lot Traits on. It could be that it just doesn't play well with another of my Mods, since I seem to be the only one so far with this.

Ah. I thought it disabled everything. I just disable the hover effect.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
    I agree, MC Command is almost the be all, end all.

I do use a Darker Loading Screen Mod, because I plan on being able to use my eyes for a little while longer, haha. The gray is really nice. It's nice for when I want to slip into the game a bit before bed, and don't want the white eye blast. I wish the forum had a "Sundown" color scheme as well. YouTube Black, anyone?

I have the Shimrod All Beds Same Energy Mod. It was originally Shimrod's, but was updated by another modder, rial. The page is in Korean, but the actual download link is the 4th line down from the title and has a tiny green arrow to the right of it. It seems to be working fine. It does basically what is says, giving more decorating options for bedrooms without the Cheap Bed sore back moodlet popping up.

The Shimrod Woohoo Acceptance Mod is still working, as well. Who actually fist pumps before they do the do? :expressionless: This replaces that with Flirty animations. Good golly, I hope it never breaks.

LittleMsSam of MTS has several nice works. I use Sleep All Night so that Sims don't wake up at 4AM. Unlock Door For Chosen Sims is good for when you want to let Sims' friends in and are having certain doors locked. You don't have to keep unlocking and relocking them. No Tiny Harvestables keeps produce from shrinking down to almost microscopic size sometimes when you plop it onto a surface.

I have the Zerbu mod that allows you to change the locked lots, the Bluffs, Myshuno Meadows, etc, to different lot types. I don't have the linky, does anyone? He did retire his tumblr due to some sad happenings, but there was still one working link last I knew.

It's a real pain to play without the Simstopics Walk Styles Override, too. I just use the Have To Pee portion of this. It changes the pigeon-toed shuffle to a Jog. If I walked that slow when I had to go, I'd just give it up and buy Depends.

@stilljustme2, does that Keep Vampire Out Mod actually work? They were saying in the comments of the Mod that it didn't since the last patch. I deleted Vlad in my Test Save, I haven't had any vamp visits without the Mod and no Vlad. I don't care if they're around, I just don't want them visiting, ie, coming in without being invited, and feeding, in certain Saves.

@CyrusTheLoser, I use that Shimrod Less Smiling Mod, but think it may be causing lag, still investigating. Do you have City Living, and how does it do when you're in San Myshuno? It does really help with the crazed grinning.

Hm, I'll look into the darker loading screen mod, me myself too love to play before bed. Oh thank you so much for the sleep all night mod I NEED that one, my sims always wake up early somehow, even when they go to bed dead tired they still end up waking up earlier. Smh. :joy:

Just curious but what sad happenings happened to Zerbu, once again just asked out of curiosity. Always gets the best of me, haha.
    <3
    3KNPen wrote: »
    MCCommand Center is definitely great and I love having it running in my game.

Another one I really like is the UI Extensions Cheat Mod. It has a lot of really helpful things it can do and it's really easy to use. You can use it to drag needs a little bit or fill and deplete them completely, get rid of moodlets, easily add or subtract money from family funds, it also allows you to see the actual relationship value for both friendship and romance by clicking on the sim in your relationship panel and can increase or decrease both as needed. I get a LOT of use out of this mod.

Thanks so much! Going to download that right now! Haha.
    <3