Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What does Grimmy have against me??

My game has to be bugged. I am trying to start a homeless teen game. I created the YA brother as random as they come with the name Dead Guy. His little teen sister is Lillian Guy. I didn't want to wall him up and kill him on the lot, because that gives Lillian two depressed days. So I took him to the junk yard and had him play in the fireplace until he caught fire. Grim thought that was funny and revived him.

Then I took him to the elixir shop and made him eat magic jelly beans until he got a bad one and died. Grimmy thought that was funny and revived him.

Next, he spent two days doing nothing but dumpster diving and finally starved to death. Yep. You got it. Grimmy revived him.

I have wasted three sim days and almost an hour of real time trying to kill DEAD GUY. Unbelievable. :/:s

I have to start over with THAT GUY.

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    What are his traits? He's not Unlucky, is he?
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Does he have the unlucky trait? Because if he does, Grimmy will always revive him.
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    Darn, he might have been. :o I didn't even pay attention. I know he was a loser. I quit the game without saving. Thanks for the tip! I will know better my next roll. :D
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I thought the Loser trait also meant grimmy would spare them every time except for dying of old age. Hmph... Must have been false info because I can't find it mentioned anywhere.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    It might be the loser trait that caused it. Just because you can't find anything mentioned anywhere doesn't mean it isn't so. It would make sense that a loser's suffering would be just as amusing to Grimmy as an unlucky sim's.
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    I know you are trying to start a new game but I found your description of events very funny. I had the opposite problem in TS2 where one of my teenagers kept getting ill and dying. Not matter how many times I exited without saving and whatever I did to save her Grimmy always got her in the end. In the end I gave up because it was blocking my game. Obviously there is a rational explanation but it does leave you wondering sometimes as to who is in charge. Good Luck next time around :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    SimplyRoyalSimplyRoyal Posts: 174 Member
    It HAD to of been the Unlucky trait, nothing else would of make Grimmy revive your sim so much :lol:
    ❀ ✿A best friend is like a four-leaf clover, hard to find, lucky to have.❀ ✿
    <3
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    It would make sense that a loser's suffering would be just as amusing to Grimmy as an unlucky sim's.

I might just be awful, but I feel like with the loser trait yeah Grim would laugh but then be like LOSER and make the death worse, whereas with unlucky he feels bad for them.
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    Just in case you haven't started a new game yet, I found a different way to get teens living on their own. (Because of course I started a homeless teens game too. I couldn't resist.) I just put two YA sims from my library down into a lot, and then used the Edit in CAS cheat to age them down. :) It worked.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    I dunno, My sim punched Grim once and the next day a meteor fell on him. Karmic retribution, I guess... lucky he had a deathflower...or 12... :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited August 2017
    I have wasted three sim days and almost an hour of real time trying to kill DEAD GUY. Unbelievable. :/:s

I have to start over with THAT GUY.

Hmmm maybe you could make an absent minded sim...with the clumsy trait and call him DUM GUY. The SimmerChar method of frying Sims is the most reliable method...You could stick Dum Guy in with Dead Guy and have a two for one burn-off. Sorry... :D But something tells me that the only way that an "unlucky" sim will die is of "old age". And that's because Grim wants to keep the unlucky Sim around because it provides him with endless hilarity.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    He had to be unlucky. I have killed losers before. B)
  • Options
    I guess you need to pay a little more attention to the poor guy's traits when you do it over.
  • Options
    SimplyRoyalSimplyRoyal Posts: 174 Member
    When I read the title I said "Everything."

But yeah, it had to of been the unlucky trait. Sorry that happened to you <3
    ❀ ✿A best friend is like a four-leaf clover, hard to find, lucky to have.❀ ✿
    <3
  • Options
    I started over. Made sure my victim was not unlucky and managed to kill them in one day. Even off lot with no witnesses, however, my teen still got hit with the death depression for two days. I must have been confusing the out-of-sight-no-reaction with TS4.

She is growing up well in SV, has a steady boyfriend in Ethan Bunch. <3 And Mrs. Bunch took a shine to her and taught her how to drive. :o It was a bit of a shock last night when the full moon rose an Ethan turned into a Zombie, but she just hopped in her truck and drove to the elixir store for a cure. She is very brave, but even she has limits. Seeing Ethan as a zombie was the final straw for her job at the mausoleum. :p She makes plenty selling the produce from her garden. Plus two money trees seem to have sprung up from nowhere.