March 5 - Maxis Monthly today! Check this out for more details!

The EA Community Forum Team - Introducing the team members

EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
edited October 2018 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
Hello all,

Just so you have some general overview who are the members of the Community Forum Team who will be frequenting the Sims forums we thought it would be a good idea post personal introductions on top the general intro here.

I’ll kick things off…

Name: While EA_Mage is my name on forums, my real name is Kristi. :)

Originally from: Born and raised in one of the Baltic states - Estonia. Nearly 6 years ago I packed my bags, got on a plane and flew to Ireland to start working for Star Wars: The Old Republic. First as game master, but then on the Support Forums for the game. When that shifted over to EA I moved to Answers HQ and now here I am.

Games I play at the moment: I’m mostly taking a break from games at the moment (shocking I know) to spend time with my TV and bookshelf. That said there a still a few games that invite me to turn on my PC every now and then…And completely lose track of time for hours at the time – Diablo (Diablo 3 currently, but I have 2 installed as well), older Sierra games (I pick one based on my mood – it has been Zeus: Master of Olympus this week), Heroes of Might and Magic (I have 1 to 6 installed so I mostly pick randomly), SimCity. I also have few mobile games that I play – TSTO, Candy Crush, SCBI, Bejeweled Blitz, Sims Freeplay.

Favorite games of all times: I have to start with World of Warcraft here, mainly because I pretty much spent 5 years playing just WoW. I gave other games a try in that time frame, but WoW was my game for 7 days a week (4 to 6 days of raiding) from Vanilla to mid Cataclysm. I’m steering clear of Wow these days…no need to tempt myself.
Aside from that, I have a real love for strategy games – C&C: Red Alert 3, Dawn of War 1 &2, Age of Empires series, city building games like Zeus and SimCity and of course Civilization series.

Other hobbies: I watch a lot of movies and TV shows – theme wise I’m pretty much up for anything, but comic book movies hold a special place in my heart (team Iron Man for the win!).
Books/comics also take up a lot of my time and in selecting those my choices are also very varied. I’m in the middle of the DC “Injustice: God Among Us” series and just finished “Interview with a vampire” (for the 5th time).

Others have also said that I am somewhat of a collector… I have no clue where they get that idea from.

EDIT: Unfortunately EA_Mage has moved to a different part of the company. You can see her farewell message here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/948477/friday-highlight-september-21st-a-week-on-the-sims-forums/p1

Post edited by EA_David on

Comments

• EA_DavidEA_David Posts: 275 EA Community Manager
    edited October 2018
    Hi again, I'm here with a small update.

Name: Still David ;)

Originally from: Irish born and raised! I've been on various community projects within EA for a few years now, and with EA_Mage moving on I've been asked to step in and try to fill her shoes.

Games I play at the moment: I've been playing a lot more Sims lately of course. Motherlode fixes all problems! Past that I'm playing Assassin's Creed Origins when I can (a little behind the times on that one) and I'm looking forward to Red Dead Redemption II this friday!

Favorite games of all times: Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past comes to mind, it's one of the all-time greats and very important to me.
    More recently, I love FromSoft's Soulsborne series.

Other hobbies: Outside of gaming I love grabbing my bike and going for a nice spin. The countryside here is beautiful when it's not grey/windy/raining, and the beautiful sights on good days make all the rougher days worth it. I am also in the thrall of a rambunctious toddler, she keeps me very busy.

Feel free to ping me if you have any questions, I'll do what I can to help! [/b]
    Post edited by EA_David on
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 596 EA Moderator
    edited January 17
    Hello everybody!

I'm a completely new face to the community but from what I've read so far I think I'm really going to like it here, and on that note lets get introduced!

Name: Stephen (But please call me Steve)

Originally from: Irish born and raised, spent some time in Germany and the States but lived in the beautiful if just slightly soggy west of Ireland the majority of my life.

Games I'm playing at the moment:
    I'm a huge Halo fan and tend to do a full playthrough annually of the whole series so that's been taking up my time lately or at least whatever time isn't taken up by playing PUBG, Blackout in Call of Duty and some Xbox one Sims 4 on the side

Favourite games of all time:
    I have to hold my hand up and say its gotta be the Halo Series, but the Mass Effect games are definitely a close second followed by the Knights of the Old Republic games so I'm a bit of a Bioware fanboy. Other than that I'm a big retro head and try to play as many retro games as possible, I built myself an arcade cabinet a year or so ago and so I'm getting to try a whole catalog of games I missed out on growing up.
    I still play a lot of the older Sims games including the original. I like to hold onto the past. Original SimCity anyone?

Other hobbies:
    I play airsoft which is kind of like paintball but isn't. I've been a member of a competitive team for a couple of years now and we like to think we're pretty good.
    I play guitar and sing and have been in a couple of ill-fated bands in my time, (I won't go into my Blink 182 tribute band days)

I'm also a variety streamer on Mixer and Twitch, though lately it's mostly been mixer, I try to play as many games as possible. Pretty soon I'm going to be starting different retro playthroughs.

Lastly but definitely not least I'm a big reader, I try to get through at least 2 books a week but it can sometimes be hard to find the time. At the moment I'm reading through a lot of the old Stargate Atlantis fan tie in books because I'm a die-hard Stargate fan.

Well, that's it for me on this one, I look forward to getting to know you all and working with you!

P.S. I'm working on an avatar it'll be here soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top