Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Childhood Phases

Hello!

I bought Parenthood when it came out and I love it - it adds so much and makes toddlers/children/teens feel more like actual people with phases and mood swings.

Most of them have been quite normal like not wanting to be around family etc, but yesterday my child decided she wanted to be a bear and gets really upset if she can't wear the bear suit for whatever reason. I just found it really funny seeing this bear going about her everyday life and so is probably my favourite phase I've come across so far :joy:

are there any more interesting phases like this one? Which have been your favourites?

Comments

• littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    The bear one is pretty cute! One of the parents always ends up dressing up too. The mean phase is kinda cute too imo. They try to be lil jerks and act so satisfied about it only to get grounded!
    6riwm5.png
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    The bear one is pretty cute! One of the parents always ends up dressing up too. The mean phase is kinda cute too imo. They try to be lil jerks and act so satisfied about it only to get grounded!

I haven't come across this one yet, it sounds fun though! :joy:
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    This a guide to the childhood phases
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-parenthood-guide/#Phases
    It is nice that your child sim wants to be a bear :)

Thank you so much, I will definitely take a look :blush:
  • MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    The bear one popped up for the first time for me this weekend and I was cracking up. I was like why is there a green bear in my house? Then I notice in the Sims bar below that it was my kid. I totally missed the notification for that at first.
    Marktn wrote: »
    The bear one popped up for the first time for me this weekend and I was cracking up. I was like why is there a green bear in my house? Then I notice in the Sims bar below that it was my kid. I totally missed the notification for that at first.

It's so funny to see, my child had her club friends over and they were all playing outside with a purple bear :joy: I wonder how long this phase will last
  • LaceyroseLaceyrose Posts: 587 Member
    Yea.. if your child is in the bear phase.. best thing to do, is have a parent dress as a bear.. that phase is just toooo cute! And have to say.. I also like the meany phase.. heehehee.. Mom and Dad gets to reprimand the kid :) sorry.. but that is fun.
    Laceyrose wrote: »
    Yea.. if your child is in the bear phase.. best thing to do, is have a parent dress as a bear.. that phase is just toooo cute! And have to say.. I also like the meany phase.. heehehee.. Mom and Dad gets to reprimand the kid :) sorry.. but that is fun.

I didn't think to change my adult sims into a bear but will have a go next time, thank you! :joy:
  • mmt3363mmt3363 Posts: 385 Member
    I don't think that it's technically a phase, but I had a teen get a "Breaking Out" moodlet thing the other day. Made her super tense, and she walked around the house like this deeply pained zombie. Just this total foot dragging "MY LIFE IS OVER" level dramatic walk, and she was pretty detemined to whine to her mother and pick on her little brother as her way of dealing with a few zits. I found it hilarious.

I loved that she was actually acting like a teenager! All that angst and drama!
    mmt3363 wrote: »
    I don't think that it's technically a phase, but I had a teen get a "Breaking Out" moodlet thing the other day. Made her super tense, and she walked around the house like this deeply pained zombie. Just this total foot dragging "MY LIFE IS OVER" level dramatic walk, and she was pretty detemined to whine to her mother and pick on her little brother as her way of dealing with a few zits. I found it hilarious.

I loved that she was actually acting like a teenager! All that angst and drama!

I think I've had this one, I loved the way my sim was walking (though it was kinda weird they walked normally while using stairs) :joy:
  • TheBuffster73TheBuffster73 Posts: 201 Member
    One of my sim children just entered a phase and keeps shouting bad words, weirdly the parents can't seem to disipline this only ask about phase.
    If the Apocalypse comes beep me
  • astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    I have just one teen in the game at the moment and she's in a distant phase. Can I make it go away any quicker? I don't like that she's always tense around her family when I want her to be good friends with her mother. Her little brother's childhood phases seem to be over much faster than this one, it just keeps going on and on.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited August 2017
    astera00 wrote: »
    I have just one teen in the game at the moment and she's in a distant phase. Can I make it go away any quicker? I don't like that she's always tense around her family when I want her to be good friends with her mother. Her little brother's childhood phases seem to be over much faster than this one, it just keeps going on and on.

Try having her write in the journal -- I have a child Sim that gets Tense around the other children in the family because he was Clingy as a child and gets Tense around non-parents or non-caregivers. Long story: he's the stepson of Gunther Munch, who married Summer Holiday after she had twins via Gavin Richards, then they got divorced and Gunther took the boy (Emory) to live with Gunther's girlfriend Cassidy Purdue (my Sim) and their son Jaxon. In a way the game is almost echoing real life with Emory having issues. Anyway, writing in the journal really does help deal with the mood swings so give that a try.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • caralina1324caralina1324 Posts: 51 Member
    Wow, I haven't even gotten into the parenthood pack yet. I'm so excited for it and all the phases as I'm such a story-driven player.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Wow, I haven't even gotten into the parenthood pack yet. I'm so excited for it and all the phases as I'm such a story-driven player.

I admit that it can add more drama to families; I'm having more fun with my "blended" family of Gunther's stepson Emory finding his place in the household than with my "happy" family of Cassidy's brother Ollie and his wife and kids. Considering adding in some extra drama with Emory's twin brother Cameron moving in when he's a teen; he's been living with Gavin and Ulrike (nee Faust) Richards (looks just like his dad), but storyline is he's become unmanageable because Ulrike never liked him because he reminded her of Gavin's wandering ways.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    @stilljustme2 Thank you, I'll give it a try. I do like the phases and they're fun, but this one is just going on for too long and really messes up the story I have going, so it'll be a relief when it's over. OMG it's just like real life! Hahaha
  • laazygnomelaazygnome Posts: 255 Member
    I have 2 children and 1 teen in my household but I haven't gotten the bear phase yet it sounds and looks really funny though! My teen son has the distant phase right now so he just hates being around his family at the moment.
  • xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    I want the bear phase in my 100 baby challenge now and my not so berry challenge as well.
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Sophiebear2002Sophiebear2002 Posts: 67 Member
    I've also encountered the bear childhood phase, it's very cute! I've also had a sim with the picky eat phase, but I didn't play enough with it to see any changes ;)
    X19cKdm.gif