Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The difference lighting can make

2...Next

Comments

• KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    For some reason the green lighting makes a really great effect. I love the green screenshot from the first post.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Karilan Thank you! The green light is very reminiscent of the full moon lighting. It could also be pretty cool to use for a sci-fi story, I think! :smiley:
  • KelebekKelebek Posts: 2,079 Member
    Your first sim is the most handsome man I have ever seen in the Sims 3
    @Kelebek Oh wow! hahaha! Thank you! :3
  • KelebekKelebek Posts: 2,079 Member
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    @Kelebek Oh wow! hahaha! Thank you! :3
    You're welcome :D
    I have some ENB vs No ENB comparison shots. I feel like the only problem I have with the ENB is that I can't seem to get the lighting anywhere good enough to actually show a sims' natural skintone, but since it's easily toggled off I usually take my headshot pics without the ENB enabled anyway. But this time I wanted to see the effect vs no effect comparison. So here we go!

ENB:
    0gFTwfB.png

No ENB:
    lcJUziq.jpg

ENB:
    c8QFGXb.png

No ENB:
    ua1HQjs.jpg

ENB:
    75aRT29.png

No ENB:
    qfWEHeg.jpg

ENB:
    QHzFZ2V.png

No ENB:
    mDvi3kC.jpg

ENB:
    YsYJyPn.png

No ENB:
    gker8oZ.jpg
  • sdtfmsdtfm Posts: 333 Member
    @Emily4331 I agree! ENB really changes the photos. Maybe tweak it a little bit to make it lighter? Also your sims look amazing.
    @sdtfm Yep! I did some tweaking today:

So this is one of those last ENB ones:
    Ksa2ejq.png

I changed my settings around and decreased the darkness level during the daytime. And ended up with this result:
    IoG5Gto.png

Versus no ENB:
    Z8zK5Xw.jpg

So now it feels a lot closer to increasing dimension without darkening everything too much, I think!
  • sdtfmsdtfm Posts: 333 Member
    Yeah! It looks better. Try some sharpening too maybe? Also I'd recommend trying Reshade, it's easier to use&manage imho.
    Some more ENB comparison with my new settings.

With ENB:
    cXsq2no.png

Without:
    vLyMjL0.jpg

With ENB:
    M7AQtTy.png

Without:
    yD3zDL8.jpg
    edited August 2017
    sdtfm wrote: »
    Yeah! It looks better. Try some sharpening too maybe? Also I'd recommend trying Reshade, it's easier to use&manage imho.

I don't trust anything that comes up as a virus when I try to download it. :lol: Whether it's a false positive or not.

I'll scr.ew with some more settings, I guess. It still seems like it saturates the skin color too much with that orange-y shade. Even when my sims are really pale. Which is a tad annoying.
    edited August 2017
    So I noticed something significant.

Fullscreen mode:
    VtcP91V.png

Windowed:
    NIneQCC.png

And without ENB:
    0Ert9Pu.jpg

Bleh. That makes a world of difference. So I went ahead and got a program to disable the bordered window mode and allow for the game to support fullscreen windowed mode so the ENB won't appear so needlessly dark.
    So yeah, windowed mode is the way to go with the ENB.
    ihyxmrF.png

Fi4EzDZ.png