Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Request: Lavender And Honey Stuff Pack: New Skill!

Comments

• SilvermoonangelSilvermoonangel Posts: 6 New Member
    I love this idea. I always wished there were more interactions with the bug life that is already in the game. :) I always see the bees and thought, it would be cool if we could make honey with them. I never actually thought about the lavender to be honest, but the bees constantly fly in my screen. :D
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Interesting idea.

Will it be fun tho?

Depends on your idea of fun! ;) Only you can decide if you want a sim to work on another crafting skill, have a honey box in their backyard and lavender that attracts bees, eat honey, cook with lavender and honey, use harvestables we already have like grapes, potatoes and lemons in body care products you can then use on your sim to change their hygiene and moods and give various buffs, make candles for around the home, have a linen spray that will get rid of the uncomfortable buff that comes with cheap beds, build and decorate a Body Care Shop and sell the things your sim has crafted, or download a shop with all the body care products, candles and new foods set for sale already for your sims to go shopping for, or have a sim buy the Come and Get it Table to sell their perfumes and scented candles out in the public spaces, or go down to the Flea Market and earn some simoleans using their tables, *takes a breath*, give your sim a way to get inspired in the bath (only the shower does this now, and Spa Day didn't add anything for inspired), build a French Country inspired home for your sims and decorate it with furniture that has soft muted tones, dress your sim in natural fibres with a new hat or two, put them in a dress in whites, creams, lilacs, soft greys, lace ... They're pretty specific ideas that will appeal to some, and not to others. Why stuff packs aren't a bad idea, I think. Gives a bit of content for those who'll think it will be fun, while easily avoidable to those who don't think it will be fun. It'll be fun for me! :)B)

edited September 2017
    Hi @Silvermoonangel - welcome to the forum. I like the little details they've added like that. I really do think we'll get beekeeping in some shape or form down the track. Would love to have a beebox to fit on a couple of my sims balconies in San Myshuno, as well as backyards of my sims. And I'd add one to my community garden too. The honey could be a quick, easy snack for my gardeners who visit there.
  • pinkkbellepinkkbelle Posts: 31 Member
    I love this ahh
    Thanks @pinkcotton - welcome to the forums btw :) I think some lovely calm colours would made a great addition after all the bright and bold colours that have been coming in stuff packs recently.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited October 2017
    This is a great idea for a pack!

It could also enhance Witch play (if we ever see them in this iteration). It would bring out more of the nature aspect of healing and make for some great storytelling. :)
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    edited October 2017
    Thanks @pinkkbelle - you have a sweet username.

Thank you @Anmirla - Geat idea about witches! They could use honey, beewswax and lavender in their potions.
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    All of this I love! It looks beautiful & it looks like fun to me.

Great idea, thank you :)
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
    <3
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    All of this I love! It looks beautiful & it looks like fun to me.

Great idea, thank you :)

Thank you @Idontrcall - (I don't think I've been thanked for suggesting an idea before. :)
    Neia wrote: »
    I'd love this ! It could also fit as a destination GP I guess, it would be a bit different from the usual tropical/mediterrarean.

@Neia - that's an interesting idea - if all of this is too much to squeeze into a Stuff Pack, then I'd love a Mediterranean World (would prefer it residential though) with heaps of crafty things to do. Lavender and olives could be the new harvestables. There was a thread about the Mediterranean that suggested things like jewelry making, the pottery wheel. A Perfumery skill could fit too. As well as a flower arranging skill. I don't mind how I get it, I'm just really hoping that they'll consider the possibilities and shove it in somewhere!
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    @Simalleyaile
    wow, you put a lot of thought into this. Fantastic idea. I miss the crafting and making of jams etc that were in Sims 2? 3?
    I do hope the creative team sees this idea and go for it.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
    Thanks @verlainem - I've asked for jam making and other spreads like lemon butter and chocolate spread in my Chocolate Thread if you're interested: Gameplay Ideas for Chocolate. It's all about sugar and one of my favourite things in life: chocolate!
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Body care stuff isn't really my thing, but I would love any extra skills that let ours sims craft(& sell) things. Woodworking is so limited & painting gets boring after a while. This could tie in with both gardening and cooking/herbalism.
  • CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    Really hope they do this!
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    Wow! Beautiful work! Would love to see this idea in the future. It looks very cute and cozy as well as being quite practical <3

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
  • SammiegamesSammiegames Posts: 6 New Member
    Great idea and it's obvious you put a lot of effort into it, however I have a feeling this would more likely be added into a bigger pack, perhaps a country-related one
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Great idea, organized and presented very well! Might be a bit large for a stuff pack, but well worth the time and effort to make it all happen. If your wonderful idea ever gets into pack form I'd buy it in a heart-beat!
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I can see this working as a stuff that that will go well with Vintage Glamour and Seasons. The bee box and the gardening career is coming with Seasons, so I can see like maybe a pack that allows sims to create their own perfumes to use and perfumes can have either positive or negative effects. Kind of like that one store pack from Sims 3. I think it is called Prism Art Studio. We can have something like that.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I love the idea and your presentation of clothing and hats; just <3 . Maybe EAxis will give "DLC for DLC" another try. As I'd be willing to buy this one for sure. However, I still have my hopes up for a farming EP.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • LunarKatriLunarKatri Posts: 15 Member
    That sounds like an awesome idea! I hope it gets added at some point
    Yes, I think these ideas are too big for a Stuff Pack, plus, maybe stuff packs are a thing of the past now?

I made another thread: Perfumery Skill. I'm happy to have a perfumery skill included in ANY pack, expansion or game. Farming pack might be good, as well as a Mediterranean Destination pack, or a Hobbies pack. :)
  • EdieApplebyEdieAppleby Posts: 134 Member
    I love the idea of soap, candle and perfume making skills.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    The gameplay seems so relaxing and therapeutic! Although we already have honey with Seasons, honey can be an extra ingredient you unlock for making soap if you have Seasons. I'd love these skills as it's always awesome to have more things that you can do with existing things in the game. I'd love to use flowers and herbs from the garden to create soaps, perfumes and candles. More recipes for baking with herbs and flowers would be great, and I'd love some herbal/flower teas. Maybe even a rose petal jam.

This build/buy :love: I am in love! I'd ADORE having this style in the game. I feel like, even though we have rustic style stuff with Laundry Day, this specific style isn't really implemented yet. This would be so lovely for a cottage home and maybe even a spa.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Interesting idea.

Will it be fun tho?

Depends on your idea of fun! ;) Only you can decide if you want a sim to work on another crafting skill, have a honey box in their backyard and lavender that attracts bees, eat honey, cook with lavender and honey, use harvestables we already have like grapes, potatoes and lemons in body care products you can then use on your sim to change their hygiene and moods and give various buffs, make candles for around the home, have a linen spray that will get rid of the uncomfortable buff that comes with cheap beds, build and decorate a Body Care Shop and sell the things your sim has crafted, or download a shop with all the body care products, candles and new foods set for sale already for your sims to go shopping for, or have a sim buy the Come and Get it Table to sell their perfumes and scented candles out in the public spaces, or go down to the Flea Market and earn some simoleans using their tables, *takes a breath*, give your sim a way to get inspired in the bath (only the shower does this now, and Spa Day didn't add anything for inspired), build a French Country inspired home for your sims and decorate it with furniture that has soft muted tones, dress your sim in natural fibres with a new hat or two, put them in a dress in whites, creams, lilacs, soft greys, lace ... They're pretty specific ideas that will appeal to some, and not to others. Why stuff packs aren't a bad idea, I think. Gives a bit of content for those who'll think it will be fun, while easily avoidable to those who don't think it will be fun. It'll be fun for me! :)B)

Yes all that would be fun B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited November 2018
    LOVE IT, OP!!!