Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Request: Lavender And Honey Stuff Pack: New Skill!

SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
edited October 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Bees and Lavender scatter all around our worlds in sims 4, and made me think of an idea to put honey, lavender, soap, candles, perfumes and body care products in one skill, for our sims to have fun making, using and selling items in their Body Care Shop, or just as a crafting hobby.
hKK2w2s.jpg
Theme: The Lavender Farm
Build Buy Style: French Country
CAS Style: Light and Breezy with Lilacs and Lace
Gameplay Objects: 1. A Distillery, and 2. a Bee Box, and 3. Harvestable Lavender
Gameplay Features: 5 Level Crafting Skill, using harvestables. Products made by using the distillery and a new option added to existing stoves. gKDzxC4.jpg
Lavender and Honey Recipes added to Gourmet Cooking!
MC2ieKt.jpg

HPtAdFI.jpg
The Bee Box has 3 interactions and gives two harvestables: honey and wax.
The Check bees interaction is to see how the bees are going. Sometimes, they leave bee boxes to find somewhere better, and sometimes, the bees die. Both should give a SAD buff to the sim. Also, if the bees have left, a notification should come up to Grow Some Lavender, cause you know what a bees favourite colour is? Blues and purples - they're naturally attracted to these coloured flowers and will even travel longer distances to gather the nectar from blue and purple flowers.
All three interactions should come with a chance of Bee Sting! - uncomfortable buff, and an even smaller chance of Allergic Reaction, in which case, the sim will bloat up to their largest capacity. If they don't use the Bee Sting Remedy, they could die!!

The Distillery
Farmer's Version for commercial use 2 wide x 1 deep, and countertop version for hobbyists.
UQS8eGF.jpg
The Perfumery Skill
3SlWElk.jpg
Level 1: Unlocks the Base Ingredients for body care products:
At the Distillery:
Carrier Oil - Grapes - makes Grapeseed Oil
Alcohol Base - Potatoes -makes Vodka!
Essential Oils - 1. Lemon, and 2. Lavender
Fragrant Distilled Water - By Product of making all of the above.

7HnlyBe.jpg

Level 2:
1. Linen Spray - Distilled Water + Lavender Essential Oil - Spray onto beds to give a Restful Night's Sleep Buff that lasts for 8 hours. Useful for spraying onto Cheap beds to replace 'uncomfortable' buff.
2. DIY Playdough - Beeswax + Lavender Essential Oil - 'mimic' of mouldable clay. Kids - Elder can be creative with it. Gets a Happy "smells good" buff.
3. Bath Bomb - Grapeseed Oil + Lavender Essential Oil + Lemon Essential Oil + Distilled Water - Drag to bath to give an Inspired Buff.
4. Natural Candles - Beeswax - Made on the Stove. Works as regular in game candles.
G6cBTMM.jpg
Level 3:
1. Lip Balm - Beeswax + Honey - When applied gives an instant romantic mood, adds Romantic Interaction: Give honey kisses.
2. Oil Burner - Distilled Water + Lemon Essential Oil or Lavender Oil - instead of changing moods, have it affect the sims needs. Lemon Stops hunger decay, Lavender stops hygiene decay. Lasts 2 hours. Effects every sim in that room.
3. Face Scrub - Distilled Water + Alcohol Base + Lavender (the plant) + Lavender Essential Oil - adds "Scrub Face" to all sinks. Increases hygiene.
4. Scented Candles - Beeswax + Lemon Essential Oil or Lavender Essential Oil - Reduces Stress (gets rid of tense buffs).
7HnlyBe.jpg
Level 4:
1. Honey Shampoo - Alcohol Base + Grapeseed Oil + Honey - Gives confident buff.
2. Homemade Soaps - Alcohol Base + Grapeseed Oil+ Distilled Water + Essential Oils+Lavender (the plant) + Honey - Can be used in showers, baths and at the sink - Gives a Focused Buff, Increases hygiene twice as fast. (made on the stove)
x84ajkH.jpg
Level 5:
1. Honey Body Butter - Grapeseed Oil + Honey + Distilled Water - Replaces any uncomfortable buff with a Comforting one.
2. Deodorant - Alcohol Base + Distilled Water + Essential Oil - Stops Hygiene decay for 8 hours.
3. Perfume! - Alcohol Base + Distilled Water + Essential Oils + Grapeseed Oil - when applied, Gives the Alluring Buff and Romantic Interaction: Smell Perfume, which will give a maxed romance bar.
Build Buy:
DLXtRWe.jpg
2U9DfgA.jpg
EMKV7Es.jpg
LmBOIx5.jpg
30X7IkZ.jpg
CAS:
MoJcNUV.jpg
BZOb7zB.jpg
oQbUJKN.jpg

I hope one day to get a Farming Expansion Pack, so if this is still too much for its own Stuff pack, perhaps it could be included in that, or included in a Hobbies Game Pack. Either way, I'd love to eventually play a sim who lives on a Lavender Farm, and Owns their own Body Care Shop for other sims to visit.
Post edited by Simalleyaile on

Comments

• lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    All beautiful pictures and I would love more options.
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    I'm thinking it could work as a stuff pack, cause all the animations could be re-used from ones we have already in game. Washing the face would be a new one, but spraying beds we already have, spraying perfume we already have, mixing things in a bowl we already have, adding ingredients to a pot we already have. Applying lipstick - that came in the Butler pack? (I don't own that one). The only thing really intensive in this is all the coding that would be needed. That's why I thought limiting it to just lavender, honey, wax and lemon might cut the work load down. If it's an easy thing to do though, bring on lots of different essences!
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    this is soo gorgeous :love:, I would definitely get back into gardening for this. omg you've totally touched my heart with these ideas <3
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    I love, love, love this!
    edited July 2017
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    this is soo gorgeous :love:, I would definitely get back into gardening for this. omg you've totally touched my heart with these ideas <3

Aww, that's such a sweet comment. Thank you. We must be kindred spirits. When I look at a lavender field, my heart swells, and I adore bees. I so wish we could have them in real life, but we have horses near us, and it wouldn't be good for either of them. So....I have to live vicariously through my sims. I'd even make my sims in the City have a bee box and lavender on their balconies! And I'd definitely send all my other sims to the Body Shop to buy body products, and candles.
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Dreamie209 wrote: »

Aww, that's such a sweet comment. Thank you. We must be kindred spirits. When I look at a lavender field, my heart swells, and I adore bees. I so wish we could have them in real life, but we have horses near us, and it wouldn't be good for either of them. So....I have to live vicariously through my sims. I'd even make my sims in the City have a bee box and lavender on their balconies! And I'd definitely send all my other sims to the Body Shop to buy body products, and candles.

Aww <3 What's amazing is I haven't done much with gardening since TS2 seasons, but this way of utilizing it reminds me of what made me orginally so fascinated with it. This is truly creative and lovely <3. The honey maker and Perfume skill, and customized candles..omg. A body shop would be soo lovely and then the french furniture just touches it all perfectly. It gives a beautiful old farm vibe. A sewing option would be super cute too <3
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
    @Dreamie209 - I would love a sewing machine. I hope it would also come with it's own small version of Create-A-Style, where we could choose the fabrics, then the pattern. I especially would love to make toddler and kids clothes. I'd also love a knitting skill, where my sim sits in a rocking chair and knits scarves, slippers, mittens, beanies, and jumpers. I just love to craft!

And more things to do with harvestables and other collectables is something I'm really craving for in Sims 4.

I'm playing my game atm, and saw lots of bees around lavender in Windenburg. <3
    iT2APq9.jpg
  • KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    This is really well thought through. This would go perfectly well together with Spa Day. The theme is new and, I think, very unique. It contains all kinds of things that I would like to see, like beekeeping, candle making, soap/perfume making. I really like this!
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I'd love this ! It could also fit as a destination GP I guess, it would be a bit different from the usual tropical/mediterrarean.
  • PyraSanadaPyraSanada Posts: 18 Member
    This is lovely and is something I would love to see them do. You really put a lot of time and effort into working this out!
  • zombiesuezombiesue Posts: 148 Member
    I love this idea.

Also... add guinea fowl.
  • kaycee39kaycee39 Posts: 8 New Member
    I would love to see the addition of harvestable lavender in the game. And with all of the bees flying around it only makes sense to have bee keeping as another skill!
  • PreslynnPreslynn Posts: 36 Member
    What a beautiful idea! I'd be game for it, particularly because it is something my current Sims can do at their homes aka I don't need to build or plop down any new venues. Since I play only one save, I think twice about any pack that needs venues. And thank you for adding a countertop Distillery that would fit in smaller houses. I'm over all of the huge objects in the game. I'd have so much fun with this.
  • Derpy_Rainbows21Derpy_Rainbows21 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Simalleyaile said:
    > @SimGuruGraham - pleeeeeeeeeeeease make me a stuff pack with two of my favourite things: Lavender and Honey! :)
    >
    > It would be a craft pack with a new Perfumery Skill that unlocks body care products and perfumes to use and sell in our GTW retail stores, and CL's Come and Get It Table.
    > Theme: The Lavender Farm
    > Build Buy Style: French Country
    > CAS Style: Light and Breezy with Lilacs and Lace
    > Gameplay Objects: 1. A Distillery, and 2. a Bee Box, and 3. Harvestable Lavender
    > Gameplay Features: 5 Level Crafting Skill, using harvestables. Products made by using the distillery and a new option added to existing stoves.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > New Objects:
    >
    >
    >
    > The Bee Box has 3 interactions and gives two harvestables: honey and wax.
    > The Check bees interaction is to see how the bees are going. Sometimes, they leave bee boxes to find somewhere better, and sometimes, the bees die. Both should give a SAD buff to the sim. Also, if the bees have left, a notification should come up to Grow Some Lavender, cause you know what a bees favourite colour is? Blues and purples - they're naturally attracted to these coloured flowers and will even travel longer distances to gather the nectar from blue and purple flowers. It's why I think Bees and Lavender would make a great stuff pack. :)
    > All three interactions should come with a chance of Bee Sting! - uncomfortable buff, and an even smaller chance of Allergic Reaction, in which case, the sim will bloat up to their largest capacity. If they don't use the Bee Sting Remedy, they could die!! >:)
    >
    >
    > The Distillery
    > Farmer's Version for commercial use 2 wide x 1 deep, and countertop version for hobbyists.
    >
    >
    > Lavender and Honey Recipes added to Gourmet Cooking!
    >
    > The Perfumery Skill
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Level 1: Unlocks the Base Ingredients for body care products:
    > At the Distillery:
    > * Carrier Oil - Grapes - makes Grapeseed Oil
    > * Alcohol Base - Potatoes -makes Vodka!
    > * Essential Oils - 1. Lemon, and 2. Lavender
    > * Fragrant Distilled Water - By Product of making all of the above.
    >
    > Level 2:
    > 1. Linen Spray - Distilled Water + Lavender Essential Oil - Spray onto beds to give a Restful Night's Sleep Buff that lasts for 8 hours. Useful for spraying onto Cheap beds to replace 'uncomfortable' buff.
    > 2. DIY Playdough - Beeswax + Lavender Essential Oil - 'mimic' of mouldable clay. Kids - Elder can be creative with it. Gets a Happy "smells good" buff.
    > 3. Bath Bomb - Grapeseed Oil + Lavender Essential Oil + Lemon Essential Oil + Distilled Water - Drag to bath to give an Inspired Buff.
    > 4. Natural Candles - Beeswax - Made on the Stove. Works as regular in game candles.
    >
    >
    > Level 3:
    > 1. Lip Balm - Beeswax + Honey - When applied gives an instant romantic mood, adds Romantic Interaction: Give honey kisses.
    > 2. Oil Burner - Distilled Water + Lemon Essential Oil or Lavender Oil - instead of changing moods, have it affect the sims needs. Lemon Stops hunger decay, Lavender stops hygiene decay. Lasts 2 hours. Effects every sim in that room.
    > 3. Face Scrub - Distilled Water + Alcohol Base + Lavender (the plant) + Lavender Essential Oil - adds "Scrub Face" to all sinks. Increases hygiene.
    > 4. Scented Candles - Beeswax + Lemon Essential Oil or Lavender Essential Oil - Reduces Stress (gets rid of tense buffs).
    >
    >
    > Level 4:
    > 1. Honey Shampoo - Alcohol Base + Grapeseed Oil + Honey - Gives confident buff.
    > 2. Homemade Soaps - Alcohol Base + Grapeseed Oil+ Distilled Water + Essential Oils+Lavender (the plant) + Honey - Can be used in showers, baths and at the sink - Gives a Focused Buff, Increases hygiene twice as fast. (made on the stove)
    >
    >
    > Level 5:
    > 1. Honey Body Butter - Grapeseed Oil + Honey + Distilled Water - Replaces any uncomfortable buff with a Comforting one.
    > 2. Deodorant - Alcohol Base + Distilled Water + Essential Oil - Stops Hygiene decay for 8 hours.
    > 3. Perfume! - Alcohol Base + Distilled Water + Essential Oils + Grapeseed Oil - when applied, Gives the Alluring Buff and Romantic Interaction: Smell Perfume, which will give a maxed romance bar.
    > Build Buy:
    >
    >
    >
    > The essentials: New Counter, Bed, Metal Chandelier
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > CAS:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I've visited two Lavender Farms in my life - the first in Tasmania Australia (gorgeous place, you should come visit!), and the other in Provence France. Both were overwhelmingly spectacular, and both had their own shops on the premises selling lavender and honey products. I would love to play a sim who lives on a lavender farm and owns and runs a Body Care Shop. <3
  • Derpy_Rainbows21Derpy_Rainbows21 Posts: 4 New Member
    I have a question . How do make a post like this ?
    edited August 2017
    I have a question . How do make a post like this ?

@Derpy_Rainbows21 - when you get 30 points, and make 50 comments, you'll be able to make your own discussion threads. To post pics, you'll have to make an account with a pic sharing site and upload your pics there, then grab the link and copy and paste it into your post. To gather pics, try typing your topic into Google, then hit the images tab, then SAVE AS to a folder on your computer. If you want to edit pics together like I have, you'll have to use an editing program like Paint or PS. Welcome to the forums! :)
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    I would love to be able to create perfume and sell it in the Sims 4!

I can already imagine someone making CC for perfume bottles that look like Britney Spear's and other celebrity perfume :D

Different perfumes could also cause nearby sims who smell them to experience a certain emotion :o
    zombiesue wrote: »
    I love this idea.

Also... add guinea fowl.

@zombiesue - lol, I think that's the first time I've read anyone wanting guinea fowl. Although I knew they were a bird, I had to google them, and I think they're adorable. I had to make you a pic!

ggLkapv.jpg
    zombiesue wrote: »
    I love this idea.

Also... add guinea fowl.

@zombiesue - lol, I think that's the first time I've read anyone wanting guinea fowl. Although I knew they were a bird, I had to google them, and I think they're adorable. I had to make you a pic!

ggLkapv.jpg

Thank you! Is it al right with you if I use this on my blog and to start a petition on the sims forums?
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2017
    Wonderful idea and all the furniture and clothing is spot on my style for sure. Good job on this idea. Love it all.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited August 2017
    @zombiesue - yes absolutely. But forum rules have changed recently, and petitions are no longer allowed. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922566/forum-dos-and-donts/p1?new=1But definitely start a thread in the Ideas section, I'll come and post yes to it when you do. :)
    @zombiesue - yes absolutely. But forum rules have changed recently, and petitions are no longer allowed. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922566/forum-dos-and-donts/p1?new=1But definitely start a thread in the Ideas section, I'll come and post yes to it when you do. :)
    YESSSSSSSSS
    Also, thank you very much for linking me to that. O_o it changed so fast!
  • SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,188 SimGuru
    Thanks for the great suggestions :)

I'm going to move this to the Stuff Pack forum for further discussion, as we know these ideas won't make it into the community Stuff Pack project at this point.
    Shaving Cream and Aftershave would also be good to include in the skill. I would love to see my male sims shave at the sink. It could raise their hygiene, and give a smooth as a baby's bottom buff!
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Interesting idea.

Will it be fun tho?
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon