Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about changing the category from buymode to buildmode for CC

LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
Hell, I'd like to state first off, I have no experience with making CC in Sims 3, but have a lot with Sims 4.

I would like to change the category of some plants that are in the buymode decor tab to the buildmode tree and shrub tabs. I am hoping to do this so I can use them to decorate the landscape with (which I don't think I can do without placing lots down).

I was wondering how difficult this is to do and if someone would be so kind as to explain, how is it done?
I am also wondering if they will lose the ability to CAS'd since I notice trees and shrubs usually can't be recolored.

Thank you!
"Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast

Comments

• StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Linamints wrote: »
    plum, I'd like to state first off, I have no experience with making CC in Sims 3, but have a lot with Sims 4.

I would like to change the category of some plants that are in the buymode decor tab to the buildmode tree and shrub tabs. I am hoping to do this so I can use them to decorate the landscape with (which I don't think I can do without placing lots down).

I was wondering how difficult this is to do and if someone would be so kind as to explain, how is it done?
    I am also wondering if they will lose the ability to CAS'd since I notice trees and shrubs usually can't be recolored.

Thank you!

sorry, you can not change the category, but you can ask EA to do it. It's one really pretty tree with lights hanging off it, it has different colors like pink and blue. we can make them bigger but not smaller. you can grow a tree like an apple tree if you plant an apple in a plant box they look cute. it's also some smaller trees in the area for shrubs and bushes and check the flower area. good luck with your building :)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Linamints wrote: »
    plum, I'd like to state first off, I have no experience with making CC in Sims 3, but have a lot with Sims 4.

Thank you!

sorry, you can not change the category, but you can ask EA to do it. It's one really pretty tree with lights hanging off it, it has different colors like pink and blue. we can make them bigger but not smaller. you can grow a tree like an apple tree if you plant an apple in a plant box they look cute. it's also some smaller trees in the area for shrubs and bushes and check the flower area. good luck with your building :)

I'm sorry but I don't entirely understand your post. So far as I'm aware EA has never edited CC or basegame objects for individuals? And I have had some progress changing categories so it can be done, I just haven't gotten it to appear in the tree section when using the edit world feature.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast