Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forget Pets, University, Seasons . . .

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    I loved IP and swimming not in pools, boats, beaches but I wouldn't want a whole pack unless it was IP quality... which won't happen.
  • Options
    BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    > @Cinebar said:
    > catmando830 wrote: »
    >
    > I want a tropical island with ability to swim in the ocean, boating and hop on a cruise ship to other islands.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That's why you will like TS4's Vacations where you go to the beach, or the mountains (for snow and skiing) and the wetlands for rain...I presume we see something like TS1's Vacations rather than a seasons ep like in older games.

If/when we have seasons I want the entire game to have it. I love red leaves, dreary days, and Christmas like decorations on my sims houses.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    BoredinTX wrote: »
    > @Cinebar said:
    > catmando830 wrote: »
    >
    > I want a tropical island with ability to swim in the ocean, boating and hop on a cruise ship to other islands.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That's why you will like TS4's Vacations where you go to the beach, or the mountains (for snow and skiing) and the wetlands for rain...I presume we see something like TS1's Vacations rather than a seasons ep like in older games.

If/when we have seasons I want the entire game to have it. I love red leaves, dreary days, and Christmas like decorations on my sims houses.

Well, don't we all? But I doubt it happens for every world in game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I want a tropical island with ability to swim in the ocean, boating and hop on a cruise ship to other islands.

That's why you will like TS4's Vacations where you go to the beach, or the mountains (for snow and skiing) and the wetlands for rain...I presume we see something like TS1's Vacations rather than a seasons ep like in older games.

How do you know that's what we will get?
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »
    I want a tropical island with ability to swim in the ocean, boating and hop on a cruise ship to other islands.

Knowing the sims 4 the swiming would be restricted to that island to :p

Well, we only had scuba diving in Isla Paradiso, so if that's the only way to get ocean swimming I'm okay with that (maybe there are dangerous rip tides in the home worlds so no ocean swimming).

I would want more than that.

I would welcome an end to any more restrictions.

IP had so much
    Diving
    Lifeguard
    Wind surfing
    Ability to own and run resorts
    Boats came into the game for the first time
    Houseboat you could move
    Larger world
    Awesome Islands you can build on
    And more

It was a fun EP

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    That is actually the last thing that I want, even behind University, which has been one of my least favorite packs in every iteration in which it featured. Perhaps the disaster that was Island Paradise has soured me even more on a theme that I was already sour on. Pets and seasons, however, are the final two pieces that I require to complete my Sims experience for The Sims 4.

IP was problematic on many levels -- routing errors, Sims getting "stuck" in the middle of the ocean. The fact that it took forever to get anywhere by boat. I liked the theme, but it could have been executed a lot better.

A tropical vacation pack would be nice, but it doesn't have to be an EP; it could be done as a GP like Outdoor Retreat, just as well. Model it more after Twiikii Island from Sims 2 Bon Voyage, with plenty to do but smaller scale than IP, or maybe Sunlit Tides (Store world). If Seasons is in development, it would make a good followup because Sims are going to want to have a place to get away from the snow. :)

For me, I want the much-requested rural/farming pack -- some of the ideas from the recent Stuff Pack survey (for the Community pack) like canning or nectar making could be incorporated into that pack. Sprinkler system so you can have a large garden without taking all day to water. Enable kids to garden (build Motor skill) -- they can water, weed, and harvest bushes (too short to harvest trees so leave that to the bigger Sims). Maybe a toy garden for toddlers to build Movement -- they can "pretend" water then "pick" the plant and pretend to eat. That's the sort of pack I'd like to see, a change from the urban/suburban life that we normally get. We got Appaloosa Plains with Sims 3, but it was more geared towards Pets (especially horses) and not so much to the gardening aspect.
    lasummerb wrote: »
    Bring em all!

Island Paradise worked better for me using mods like Overwatch that helped to release stuck Sims and routing issues. I played and wrote a story for almost two years in IP. I want to make a new wave there.

I loved/love IP, but I didn't have any issues with it. I used no mods or cc and my game worked near perfect. I would love to have it and an airport to go to so we can leave it for these destinations. It would just make it more real.

stilljustme2, Yes to the Farming pack; not sure if I want Seasons or Farming the most. I'm so afraid they will mess it up. I play Happy Acres on FB and just love it except the wait times on items to be done is silly ridiculous. Farm equipment, sprinklers, plank look for build, electric fence, x wood fence, barb wire fence, items to make like canning, sewing, ect. Antiques, new dirt ground look, patches on things, taped wallpaper look, and, ponds, barns ect. Farm animals(cows, pigs, chickens, goats, sheep(use for sewing), rabbits, ducks) and the ability to buy/sell them at Farmer's Market and also to buy equipment, animal feed, ect. there. Ability to breed livestock and have them not be part of the family/uncontrolled so you can have as much as possible like birds, small pets, ect.