Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forget Pets, University, Seasons . . .

Comments

• 6domino66domino6 Posts: 55 Member
    Vacation Expansion with more than just tropical :) Why not ski lodges?
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    I would love a tropical getaway, with swimming in the ocean, but I would also like for my sims to be able to swim in OR and the regular worlds. I don't know anything about game programming, but they already have animations for swimming in a pool. Could some of those be applied to swimming in the ocean? Just a thought.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • SimSophie13SimSophie13 Posts: 4 New Member
    Can we please have mermaids than? Omg I'm in love with them and it would be a nice feature to the pack
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    Finally someone who says it! If I am really honest, and I would have the choice between pets and a tropical island...well, I would go with the island all the way, even though I would also like pets again!

Seriously, what does everyone have with seasons anyway? I like the always sunny weather and it drives me nuts when I want my TS3 sims to visit the park, but as soon as they step out of the door it begins to rain, just like real life I guess :D

I like seasons because of the Weather and Holidays. The snow totally adds a new look to the hoods and I love the winter clothing. That said I want a Tropical Beach Pack bad whether it's a Gamepack or Expansion.
    Yes to a tropical island GP! I made this tropical getaway render to get an idea of how it might look in TS4's art style.

the_sims_4_tropical_getaway_render__fan_art__by_hazzaplumbob-dbiczrq.png

Totally shameless plug. :blush:

Now this is what I'd like to see as the coverart for the pack.
    Noo, seasons and pets change the gameplay completely. Those are EPs that are going to be used all the time, while vacation EP would probably be used quite rarely. I mean, most people don't go to vacation every few days. And I always felt University bring more depth to the game and better stories for our sims. So those three are a must for me :D but we will probably get more vacation game packs in the future :)

Even so nautical themed items could be used anywhere. People are always building coastal homes and restuarents for the game and right now we have very little nautical themed items.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I want a tropical island with ability to swim in the ocean, boating and hop on a cruise ship to other islands.

You can do that in TS3's Isla Paradiso :wink:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    While I'd like a tropical destination, swimming in the ocean and boating to other islands are fairly low on my priority list. I would be perfectly happy with something like TS2 Bon voyage : sunbathing, swimming near the beach, sandcastles, etc. So a tropical GP would be fine for me.
  • JuudiaJuudia Posts: 23 Member
    The best would be Season + Pets + University + Island Paradise !
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited August 2017
    Yes to a tropical island GP! I made this tropical getaway render to get an idea of how it might look in TS4's art style.

the_sims_4_tropical_getaway_render__fan_art__by_hazzaplumbob-dbiczrq.png

Totally shameless plug. :blush:

Now this is what I'd like to see as the coverart for the pack.
    With the option to stay there on a permanent vacation, like how the sims can already do in Outdoor Retreat. Plus I would like to see chairs like that, and sims being able to just lounge on them with a drink in their hands in the game. B)
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    While I'd like a tropical destination, swimming in the ocean and boating to other islands are fairly low on my priority list. I would be perfectly happy with something like TS2 Bon voyage : sunbathing, swimming near the beach, sandcastles, etc. So a tropical GP would be fine for me.
    Same here this is not Sims 3 with a open world riding around on a boat going no where does not sound fun to me. Beyond swimming and surfing I would rather the beach activities be on land give us lounge chairs sandcastles volleyball picnics and sunbathing.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    edited August 2017
    Boating from one island to another could work in Sims 4's closed world environment if done right. Thing is that we won't be able to see our sims traveling the entire distance between the two islands. We'll likely see them boating to the edge of the grid of one island. Then a loading screen. And finally seeing our sims in the grid area of the island that they were trying to get to. That's how I see traveling by boat in Sims 4.
  • SimplyRoyalSimplyRoyal Posts: 174 Member
    I would love to see pets, seasons, and university, but then again A Tropical Island :) If only EA could release ep's earlier :/
    ❀ ✿A best friend is like a four-leaf clover, hard to find, lucky to have.❀ ✿
    <3
  • lesliedaryllesliedaryl Posts: 51 Member
    I keep having my game quit before it starts. Is anyone else having this problem. When I started it, a message came up saying mods were disabled (I don't remember downloading an update) I got the game started then and enabled mods. Now It won't even open
  • SimplyRoyalSimplyRoyal Posts: 174 Member
    @lesliedaryl Sorry, can't help you :/ try going to the help section and searching it up, or look through the pages :blush: Sorry I couldn't help with your question!
    ❀ ✿A best friend is like a four-leaf clover, hard to find, lucky to have.❀ ✿
    <3
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »
    Nah, I think that would get too boring quickly. Especially since we know how half baked TS4 stuff are.

Says you. I really love how sims 4 has handled things so far.

Thank you! I think sims 4 game packs and ep's have been done marvelously @liliaeth
    If only EA reads this and give EP/GP's for what everyone wants ( island paradise + university + seasons + pets) , I don't care what kind of pack's, but the Sims 4 would be the emperor of the universe of games :))
    If only EA reads this and give EP/GP's for what everyone wants ( island paradise + university + seasons + pets) , I don't care what kind of pack's, but the Sims 4 would be the emperor of the universe of games :))
    Hello, and welcome to the Forums! :)
    I wish it were easier done than said by everyone wanting the same things in the game. But there are millions of us all over this planet that play this game. And not everyone wants the same things in this game. Making it easier said than done when comes to releasing Packs that every one wants. :)
    I know, but it's what most people want. And it's oke if that takes some time. But if it's there, I know for sure a lot of people will buy it. I know so so soooo many people who play the sims 4, even the sims 3. I never heard someone with a different opion. But I know there are tons and tons and tons of us. I would just be sooo cool ;)
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I want a tropical island with ability to swim in the ocean, boating and hop on a cruise ship to other islands.

You can do that in TS3's Isla Paradiso :wink:

I'm not playing TS3, I'm playing TS4.
  • AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    Forget seasons and university.
  • geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    Australian Vacation for you in the US and vice versa would be nice for us assies :P. Vacations need to be new and in depth I don't go to granite falls becouse its boring you have to leave it to have any fun.
  • PreslynnPreslynn Posts: 36 Member
    I'd love a full on vacation expansion with a tropical getaway, ski lodge and dude ranch. Three vacation worlds is what 2 and 3 did so a full expansion could do that again. I'm probably one of the few but I'd prefer that over seasons. Constant rain and snow in the main hood was just annoying and caused lag. It was all fun the first time you saw what every season looks like, then I was over it. When I am dealing with nasty snow or rain in real life, I don't want to even see it in my game. I mostly played on normal lifespan so it always bugged me how lifespan and seasons didn't correlate- a problem with 4 especially because I couldn't even change the lifespan for every stage to fit with seasons. Plus children and teens still went to school ALL SUMMER, lame.
  • ZoaeaZoaea Posts: 79 Member
    I personally wouldn't want seasons, I didn't play past games really so I don't know what the fuss is about. I also grew up in cali, we don't have seasons there either. I like the idea of destinations having certain weather elements though, then you can visit the ski lodge to play with snow or w/e people do with frozen water. =P
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Makes sense for EA.
    If I had the others I can call this series done and stop spending money on it.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds