Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Make more current packs clutter available to be placed in wall shelves

simguyssimguys Posts: 62 Member
edited July 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Why so many objects in the base game and packs can't be placed in this kind of shelf? They have the right size. Could you PLEASE modify the code in next patch? It's very annoying :(

x0PiUwa.jpg
My Spanish Website Simlish 4 \ My Twitter @Simlish4
bSCAxNF.png

Comments

• lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    I've noticed this too. It's annoying.
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    Oh yes! I get a bit desperate trying to find things I want to fit, and using MOO and the up and down key heights aren't compatible with the shelf heights, so I can't even cheat it to make it look good. There's a heap of deco items that look small enough to fit on shelves, yet their footprint (coding) is too big to fit. At this stage, I don't know if they'll think it's important enough to go through every item and change the footprint, but if they did, I'd be so happy! At the very least, I would like to ask them for future content to please take more care when deciding something is shelf-worthy. We've got some great shelves, we've got some great deco items, lets put them together!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    It is a huge annoyance for me when I am building (and I am currently rebuilding every lot in every world, so am stuck with this constantly).

I do use the moo and up and down keys (with alt to get them positioned decently) but this leaves the items suspended in mid-air when you play and the walls drop. I therefore tend to only use that technique on outside walls which I know will not drop when I play cos floating objects are just too weird!

I agree with @Simalleyaile if they can't fix the past ones (which would be a huge shame) at least make sure future stuff can go on the shelves.
  • SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member
    edited July 2017
    Just yesterday I put up the 'pop and lock' shelf but removed it because I couldn't find any good items to fit. Didn't want to use an urn/vase because it was a kids room. Maxis is like "here you go, another shelf!" and it's like "but what do we put on it besides collectables and a box of tissues or collectables?"

While we're at it I wish we could/had:

-Put our own pictures in those small standing frames and more frames of that kind and a family frame you could put more than one picture in
    -Had display cases that we could put things in
    -Could put TV's on console tables, the description for the 'riveting console table' actually says "use it to hold a television" but you can't! lol
    -Could put appliances on console tables
    -Had smaller closets
  • Agrippine_23Agrippine_23 Posts: 96 Member
    @SimGuruGraham I saw the photo of your tweet above, where you say it is a "fair critique". Do you think we could expect more objects that can be placed on shelves in the next pack/add-on/whatever comes next? Please? Pretty please? :)
  • FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    We need more of these! But if it doesn't let you place it on the shelf, put any item on the floor or counter, select it, and use ctrl+9 to move it up. If you moved it up too much, use ctrl+0 to move it down. :)
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited July 2017
    Why even make a limit to what can be placed on shelves in the first place? I don't get it, just let players decide how they want their shelves to look like, if we want overflown shelves with too much on them, we should be able to do it without jumping through hoops. @SimGuruGraham
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    Why even make a limit to what can be placed on shelves in the first place? I don't get it, just let players decide how they want their shelves to look like, if we want overflown shelves with too much on them, we should be able to do it without jumping through hoops. @SimGuruGraham

Too right! I wanna put a sofa on my shelf.
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    This was a few packs ago, but these are all the items that could be placed on wall shelves, without using cheats. Some of them are quite big - much bigger than some of the smaller deco items we can't put on a shelf.

Mca97Wc.jpg

@SimGuruDrake, @SimGuruNick - Any chance we could pass this on to the Patch Team as a potential project?
  • Pamela_Rachael84Pamela_Rachael84 Posts: 6 New Member
    I hate that I can’t post photos because the photo image is not online 😡
    Anyway I am trying to create a wine cellar using the honeycomb bottle holders. But the shelving units are ridiculous in this game some units only the top 2 shelves fill others only the bottom units. Some leave annoying gaps others place object off center and is unable to be adjusted throwing the whole shelving unit off balance and unable to place anything next to it. And no single wall shelf will fit it.
    I am going insane I can’t use cheats because I’m on console and still want to do Acheivements.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    The problem is that for some reason EA thought it would be a good idea to create 3 different sized deco slots, small, medium, and large ... but the problem with that thought process is that even tho items look small enough or can be sized down to be the appropriate size for the shelf, if that item is categorized as a medium or large deco item, it simply will not snap to it.

I seriously don't understand why they did this, especially considering that they implemented the resize option. Previous game versions one 1 slot size, either an object would snap to a slot or it wouldn't. Pretty simple.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited August 2020
    simguys wrote: »

They make 20 million shelves, but nothing can go on them.
    It is just wonky. Some things can go on end tables, but not side tables. Have to use MOO to place lots of clutter, and then spend over an hour trying to get it to work.

Also the three shelves racks that take three frogs on the bottom, two in the center and one on the top are stupid and a waste of space. Most of the shelving just doesn't work well in the game

@Pamela_Rachael84 use this site to upload photos to post: https://postimages.org/ I end up placing stuff in the chest and only a few collectibles around the house
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    Empty shelves are not cool. What is the point of making shelves for Sims 4 if at the same time you don't also make decorative items to place on them? Another let down for Sims 4, in my opinion.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Yeah...

That is one of the things I get CC for. Just being able to put stuff up on the shelves. I do not want to use MOO so it's CC for me.
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    I fully agree with OP on this. +1
    origin ID: adduapina