Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stop Bugging The Baby

My Sims are driving me nuts, take the baby out of the crib, put her on the floor. I will have her in the floor playmat, they take her out and put her in the crib. Any mods out there so they stop this? Thanks so much.

Comments

• Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    The floor mat made by that toy machine from the store? Good lord, my sims all lose their collective 'stuff' when I have that thing out. Everyone has a different idea where the baby should be and even that changes in the time it takes the sim to step away from the newly re-positioned baby. It's too bad because this is an excellent object in theory but not so much in execution. I've just sadly resigned to not ever having one in a house, so if someone comes along with an easy solution I will be very grateful as well.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    There's a 'No Autonomous Put Child in Crib' mod by Chicken over at simsasylum. Free registration required to view and download. With that mod installed sims will not be able to put a toddler or infant into a crib autonomously. You'll always have to manually queue them up to do it. That means always having to wait until they are holding the infant before you click on the crib to have them put the baby back. Otherwise the baby will end up on the floor (or the baby mat I guess).

That was too much for me. The mod has 2 ITUN resources: "PutChildInCrib_Sim" and "PutCarriedChildInCrib_CribBase". I opened the mod up with S3PE and deleted the "PutCarriedChildInCrib_CribBase" line. Now my sims will put infants right back in the a crib when they are done feeding, snuggling, etc. autonomously, instead of me having to manually queue them up to do so. So far I don't have sims autonomously trying to put toddlers in the crib which is a bigger peeve for me.

You can probably reach these through NRaas Retuner. Lets see if I can find those. Try:

City Hall or computer>NRaas>Retuner>Settings>General>By Object>Sim (there's 2, check both)>Put Child in Crib
    City Hall or computer>NRaas>Retuner>Settings>General>By Object>Crib>Put Carried Child in Crib

And then for each one change Allow Autonomous to True or False as you wish. I think these settings are for infants and toddlers but I'm not sure. I think setting both to false will get you the same effect as Chicken's mod. I'm not sure how these settings would affect inactives, including baby sitters.

I don't know how to stop sims from taking infants and toddlers out of the crib. That might be doable in Retuner as well, but I don't have a mod to follow to find out where.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    I stopped using that playmat because my sims won't leave the baby alone in it.

Another thing I've discovered is if you have an evil sim they won't leave the baby alone in their crib. They take it out and put it on the floor and then put it back into the crib apparently for no reason. Then I discovered they are 'stealing candy from a baby' when they do this.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2017
    I don't suppose locking the bedroom door except for when the baby really needs tending to is much of a solution? I do this to keep guests out of the nursery at least, maybe not visiting grandparents though as I would want them to shower their grandkids with attention, when others don't need to be in there.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    I had to lock the nursery door to keep the maid out. She paid more attention to the baby than the laundry and dishes. My sim couldn't even parent because the (insert derogatory here) maid took care of the baby autonomously. So they were in danger of not having any relationship with the baby when it aged up to toddler. :s Shortly after that I decided to kill the maid (firing was too tame by then) and not ever get another one in any house.
  • jusMehjusMeh Posts: 424 Member
    You think that's bad, then you should try the butler, muahahaha. I chose to lock the nursery door. Then fired the butler for good measure. :)
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2017
    jusMeh wrote: »
    You think that's bad, then you should try the butler, muahahaha. I chose to lock the nursery door. Then fired the butler for good measure. :)
    Wait, so your complaint is that the maid won't leave the poor butler alone? B)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net