Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Cleanout

Hello I was wondering if anyone could help me.
I updated my SIms 3 and it broke my mods so I basically deleted them all (only the ones in the mods folder).

Since I do not feel like uninstalling could anyone tell me what to clean to basically make my sims 3 new again?

E.g. Saved Sims, downloaded neighbourhoods etc
Honestly everything but the expansion packs that's it. Including a possible quick way to clear mods installed through the launcher.

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2017
    Mods are package based files that change game behavior. They have nothing to do with the Launcher, they are installed through a Mods\Packages sub-folder setup that we call the Framework.

Custom Content (CC) can either be sims3pack content that does get installed through the Launcher, or they can be package based files as above, depending on how their creator made them available.

It sounds to me like what you want to do is move your entire TS3 user game folder in Documents out to the Desktop for safekeeping, thus forcing the game to spawn a new one on its next launch. It will have no installed content of any kind, no saves, no saved sims, library files, store worlds or store objects, etc., but those will still be in the pulled out folder if you need to reference them.

Uninstalling the game doesn't tend to have any impact on the user game folder.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • SimlishPopstarSimlishPopstar Posts: 204 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Mods are package based files that change game behavior. They have nothing to do with the Launcher, they are installed through a Mods\Packages sub-folder setup that we call the Framework.

Custom Content (CC) can either be sims3pack content that does get installed through the Launcher, or they can be package based files as above, depending on how their creator made them available.

It sounds to me like what you want to do is move your entire TS3 user game folder in Documents out to the Desktop for safekeeping, thus forcing the game to spawn a new one on its next launch. It will have no installed content of any kind, no saves, no saved sims, library files, store worlds or store objects, etc., but those will still be in the pulled out folder if you need to reference them.

Uninstalling the game doesn't tend to have any impact on the user game folder.

Thank you so much! Yeah this is pretty much what I was looking for! Thank you so much because even though I play TS4 I love to go back to the entries once in a while and I felt like taking a dive in TS3. But this is what I wanted it seems from what you said!
    Thank you so much, I'm going to try this in a few minutes!