Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Pets or Seasons DLC?

So rumor has it that there might be a huge announcement for EA coming this week, what are your thoughts? A lot of simmers are expecting it to be a Pets or Seasons DLC, which one would you prefer? For me between those, I'd prefer a Pets! https://dvsgaming.org/the-sims-4-pets-or-seasons-dlc/

Comments

• Options
    GoddessqueenbGoddessqueenb Posts: 89 Member
    This week is almost up! ;)
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    It's been so long since the last Expansion pack Get Together. Don't know why there wasn't one in 2016, hopefully the 3rd EP will be Pets.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    It's been so long since the last Expansion pack Get Together. Don't know why there wasn't one in 2016, hopefully the 3rd EP will be Pets.

there is a 3rd ep already @JumpingTrains
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    zombiesuezombiesue Posts: 148 Member
    I'd prefer seasons but my money is on pets. But I think that the announcement won't be related to the next EP.
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    Oh I know I was joking hehe.

I hope the new EP has a lot of new gameplay. CL was essentially just visual stuff.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Don't expect any news about potential packs of any sort prior to October 1st.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

there is a 3rd ep already @JumpingTrains
    Come on now City Living was only a expansion by name
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    It's amazing to me that people are still hyping that post... they do #MondayMotivation every Monday! Just look at their Facebook. It's community engagement, nothing more. There won't be an announcement. If we are lucky, we will hear about Pets at the end of September, to be released in November.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    What's this about an announcement? I haven't heard about this.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I mostly gonna say Pets!
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    People have found pet-related files by data mining the game. The same thing happened for toddlers several months before they were actually released, so my money's on pets.

I used to be very excited for pets early on in the franchise, but now I'm ambivalent. I like having them in my game, but over the years I don't mind their absence anymore. Weather feels more integrated into my sims' everyday lives now, so I hope we also get to see that soon.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Brody9962Brody9962 Posts: 272 Member
    @BabySquare People were assuming there would be an announcement this week :)

@icmnfrsh I've been after vamps for the longest time after they came out I had to really decide what I wanted to see next because I felt like with vamps being added I got everything I truly wanted and honestly didn't care if they added anything else. My dad is after a University expansion, but I would def. agree, I think Pets is definitely in the works and will be one of the next expansions or game packs, and It would be a lie if I didn't admit that I would be super ecstatic, I think that would be the next major thing I would like to see implemented. Though if they don't include horses, I would like that to be added in the future and possibly a "Mythical" game pack that could bring in things like Fairies, Witches, or Unicorns and other things like that, maybe dragon eggs. The ideas are whirling in my head, but pets are def. where my money is at
  • Options
    Well, I did like Makin Magic. :D

I liked University in Sims 2 as well. It was well-done in Sims 3 too, since the open world concept translated well to university campuses, but after a while, putting a sim through college ended up becoming more tedious for me. So I'm fine without a Uni EP, but I might buy it if there is one.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    BBingg98BBingg98 Posts: 10 New Member
    I have a feeling its going to be pets, But I'm really hoping for seasons.It makes the Sims world more realistic and lively.I am 99% sure they won't release 2 EP in the same year but i hope they do since we have been waiting a while for both of these...
  • Options
    Brody9962Brody9962 Posts: 272 Member
    @icmnfrsh My biggest problem is sims 3 with the university is that I HAD NO choice but to play that sim. In sims 2, I was given a choice...play my current family and let the sim go to college, he would graduate on his own and come home or I could go to the school and play the child. I really wish I could have had that capability in Sims 3. What I'd really like to see is maybe have a "home college" so I could send a sim off to school and have them come home OR choose to "go to school" with them, or even allow them to go to a school without me and have them leave my household for that time they are in school. I'd be interested in how they expanded things, I would just like the option to choose either the college bound sim OR stay home with the family and play them while the one away at university continues to their degree if this makes sense....
  • Options
    Oh yeah. Kind of like how the active careers worked, right? Not everyone who goes to college lives in-campus after all, so more options would be nice. You're right.

I honestly didn't mind that, though. Even back in Sims 2 when I rotated among households, I always finished sims going to college before going back to the other households. My reasoning was that since college is optional, I would treat it as if time back home never moved, so that when they do go back, they won't miss out on a lot.

Although I did take a break from playing my college sims from time to time. In The Sims 3, I'd usually just go to a different save file, though.

• Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Pets has been identified due to the recent codes leaked. As much as I want seasons more because I love the fall and winter. I agree with @icmnfrsh and Say Pets will be released as the next pack.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    @Brody9962

I was actually think about that the other day: sims could either stay at home and travel to college, stay on campus, or even take online courses
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    Seeeaaaasssssssoooonnnnnsssssssss. That is all.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Its so ahrd. Pets and seasons have always been my joint top. But I suspect pets. Honestly though I NEED seasons for story telling purposes. Give me some raining days with lighting and the seasons changing please!!
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    AshleyAOAshleyAO Posts: 62 Member
    I'm hoping for Pets personally, just because we haven't gotten an EP this year and Season is rumored to be a GP (at least, that's what I've heard). But I'll be happy with anything they throw at us to be honest!
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Do we have anyone here who browses through the game code? Maybe more stuff has been added since the discovery of the dog and cat stuff that we're unaware of.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Do we have anyone here who browses through the game code? Maybe more stuff has been added since the discovery of the dog and cat stuff that we're unaware of.

I know there are a few users who do but I don't remember who they all are. @PrincessVee I think is one (hope it was ok to tag you!)
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    BabySquare wrote: »

I know there are a few users who do but I don't remember who they all are. @PrincessVee I think is one (hope it was ok to tag you!)

It's totally okay.

I do go through the code after each patch is released. I'm nosy like that. Nothing has been added in the July patch except for bug fixes.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    nm223181nm223181 Posts: 62 Member
    hmm, I would be happy with either :)