Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spa day vs Dine out?

2...Next

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    @ModerateOsprey none of my Sims have ever completed the wellness skill what is the purpose of it? Will it keep them from getting sick from Get To Work illnesses? If not I don't see much point. :| ETA: Other than being able to see Sims with it ,float in yoga position in mid air while in my restuarants. :p

I like some of the mood altering social interactions that come with it, such as making another sim focused, inspired etc. It also unlocks some recipes. It also allows a sim to teleport - not that I use that much.

Other unlocks is allowing a sim to do massages, aromatherapy, etc themselves.

I like the one where I see those who have a high skill float in midair in a budda position. That's cool and been a thing about yoga since TS2. However, the emotional buffs are on just about everything in this game so I don't see much point in overkill of having more emotional/same as a skill....I think that sort of stuff is overly done and makes TS4 redundant in more ways than I can count. My Sims can already do massages at home without any wellness skill.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited July 2017
    @ModerateOsprey none of my Sims have ever completed the wellness skill what is the purpose of it? Will it keep them from getting sick from Get To Work illnesses? If not I don't see much point. :| ETA: Other than being able to see Sims with it ,float in yoga position in mid air while in my restuarants. :p

I like some of the mood altering social interactions that come with it, such as making another sim focused, inspired etc. It also unlocks some recipes. It also allows a sim to teleport - not that I use that much.

I like the one where I see those who have a high skill float in midair in a budda position. That's cool and been a thing about yoga since TS2. However, the emotional buffs are on just about everything in this game so I don't see much point in overkill of having more emotional/same as a skill....I think that sort of stuff is overly done and makes TS4 redundant in more ways than I can count. My Sims can already do massages at home without any wellness skill.

I didn't realise any sim could do massages/aromatherapy :lol: I shouldn't have been posting that day anyway - crap week at work :/ I still like having them in my game and I do like the aesthetic of much of what came with the pack. Yeah I like the meditation stuff. I think it looks great when a group of sims are all meditating (or doing yoga) at the same time

Yeah, I agree with you that the mood being the central mechanic of the game is weak, but it is what it is, so I go with it. You might remember when the game first came out, some of the aspirations required that you sustain a sim in a single mood over a prolonged period?

Well, I sort of kept up that kind of gameplay even when they changed the aspirations to what they are now, so my genius sims are constantly focused for example.

If I have a creative genius then I alternate between inspired/focused, etc. The traits themselves sometimes randomly gives you a moodlet associated with a trait. If it isn't already buried, then I will work to really buff that mood or prep actions so it is boosted when it kicks in. The resulting autonomous actions tend to be more in line with the traits of the sim that way - mean sims are mean, flirty sims flirt, etc.

I do like the restaurants, but like the retail there are a few things that irritate me. Not being able to choose employees, etc without jumping through hoops is one. I am not sure if it is the fault of the restaurant pack or not, but sims standing up wandering round in the restaurants or even running off for a jog is really wrecking it for me. I was playing one sims couple on a date and then my sim suddenly leapt out of their chair and then proceeded to collect all the plates in restaurant to clean up. I wish the game was as responsive to the actions I select as it is to ones like these.

Not game breaking, but I feel like I am played the Herd the Cats pack instead of playing pretend people dining out or running the restaurant.

Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    I have both. I use the Dine Out a lot for dates, but I get more use out of build/buy from Spa Day. I also enjoy having my sims do yoga, meditate, and get massages and soothing baths. I also enjoy the soothing music in the Spa Day radio station. Dine Out does more to build relationships--Spa Day doesn't have much if anything in the way of group interactions.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I think the OP posted around a sale time but I would have a hard time choosing. Lately I've been using Dine Out so much that I think overall I still like it a tad better. I use it in most households vs using Spa Day items in some. I do love the wall paper and flooring though in Spa Day.. and the general feel when engaging in it. They did a wonderful job in getting you in that tranquil mood.
    egTcBMc.png
  • ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    I have both and honestly if Dine Out didn't still have bugs, like not being able to run my restaurant from home or over chatty customers, I'd say Dine Out all the way! But Spa Day is really good as well and from my game play of it, not nearly buggy XD Dine Out is certainly still playable but the bugs sometimes make me too sad haha
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    There's nothing to spa day. I mean, Get it if you really like massages.
    Dine out is really better then spa day in my opinion.

I agree, however the Build objects from spa day are very good.
  • PixelPerfect245PixelPerfect245 Posts: 2 New Member
    I think that Spa Day is better. Personaly I don't enjoy owning a resturant and going to the spa feels better than going to a resturant because of the larger amount of content there. The build and buy objects are realy good in both packs. Half of the decorations in Dine Out are good while nearly all of it is good in Spa Day. If you would like to run a resturant I would recomend Dine Out, otherwise Spa Day.
  • Pema22Pema22 Posts: 217 Member
    I really enjoy both, yet I feel that I use Spa Day a lot more, as with Dine Out it literally takes 15 hours to have a 3 course meal. I found that with Spa Day, I use the objects (incense, yoga mat, wellness skill) more than with Dine Out. But both are very fun!
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited August 2017
    Spa day

It as some great content if you like modern.
    You should try looking at the Game guides
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    It depends on your playstyle. Both packs are great.
    I love Spa Day for the Wellness Skill, CAS and especially the Yoga Mat. The Yoga workouts give long-lasting moodlets that are great for skill building and career advancement. And when your sim progresses in the skill they will learn to influence other sims' emotions just with a simple friendly interaction. It is quite awesome. And BB has solid content, especially for Spas/Gyms and bathrooms.
    Regarding Dine Out, I am not a big fan of running my own restaurant (I have exactly 1 sim who owns a restaurant), but I LOVE having my sims dine out. For example, I have turned the Stargazer Lounge (San Myshuno) into a restaurant in each of my saves and that is my favourite place to take my sims on a date. The ordering of the food and wine, the time they have to socialize, the moodlets. I like it all. Each of my saves has at least 3 restaurants, some have more.
    I guess for content and things to do, I may recommend Spa Day a little bit more? But you should think about what you would enjoy more in your game.

Spa Day is a bit more flexible if you're looking for home activities (you can put a yoga mat and meditation stool in your home, even your backyard). I like being able to send my Sims out to eat though, and I love that you can set the menu without actually owning the restaurant yourself. I replaced the gym in San Myshuno with a restaurant (Uptown Eats) which serves all the City Living foods so it's easy for my Sims to find and learn them.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • caralina1324caralina1324 Posts: 51 Member
    Spa Day. My sims are working a lot and they enjoy home-cooking over dining out, so when they want to get away and relax I get more use out of Spa Day.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

The "zenaport" or whatever the teleport function is can be really helpful. I had a family where Grandpa lived with them; he was maxed out in Handiness and was really high in Wellness. One of the showers blew a leak but he was off fishing; I clicked on the floor with him as active Sim and selected "teleport here" and he was there in an instant and could fix the busted shower.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • FaybelFaybel Posts: 53 Member
    I think there's more to do in the Dine Out pack, with running your own restaurant. I really enjoy the vibe of Spa Day, but it got boring pretty quick.
  • AwesomeAbsterAwesomeAbster Posts: 61 Member
    I would say it depends. If you want lots of new CAS assets, go with Spa Day. But if you want some new gameplay, definitely go with Dine Out. Personally, I've only used the Spa once or twice but I use the CAS assets in that pack all the time! But ultimately, both packs are excellent! You'll be happy with either one!
    Screen_Shot_2017_11_06_at_7_17_39_AM.png
    ❤️Imagine those toddlers with puppies and kittens in their arms❤️
  • flapjack2349flapjack2349 Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m having the same problems but I might consider getting two stuff packs instead? Is that a good idea or not?
  • aria_candyaria_candy Posts: 9 New Member
    Definitely dine out, the restaurants are so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 fun and adds more gameplay
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    I’m having the same problems but I might consider getting two stuff packs instead? Is that a good idea or not?

You should get a game pack.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Depends on what activities interest you more. Spa or dining.

I have both packs, but I use Dine Out a lot more. I love taking my Sims out to eat at restaurants, whether as a family or going out on dates. So far, I haven’t encountered bugs (yet, knock on wood), and my sims have been getting their foods and enjoying their dining experiences. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I've never owned a business, including restaurants. Too much work (I got turned off of the idea already in Sims 2. It sucked then, it sucks now).
    I also only go to restaurants when on a date; they're just annoying otherwise (take a full sim day to eat(!!) and they never get full despite eating a three course meal? Speed up the whole thing 500% so you can do anything else that day).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    This question is a year old and probably no longer relevante.

Anyway, I have and like both packs.

I agree one main activity in Spa Day is massage, but that's actually a great activity for sims getting exhausted or tense home from work. A massage is a lot better than calming down in front of a mirror.
    Another activity is yoga. I use yoga mats as carpets and sims sometimes autonomous do yoga on those mats.

Dine out is used for at least two purposes in my game.
    1. Sims are sometimes invited to a restaurant.
    2. Together with City Living, dishes from food stalls can be added to the menus at restaurants from Dine out allowing sims to go there to learn new dishes.

Dine out can also be used with Bowling Stuff for a restaurant with bowling lanes.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I prefer Spa Day, dine out is also nice but going to a restaurant takes whole day and running one has some issues.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Blueyed_babe10194Blueyed_babe10194 Posts: 17 Member
    I hablove dine out but I wish I would of rather bought spa day. I’m not a huge fan of owning a store, I’ve tried to many times but it’s super glitchy and the employees almost never work. So I’m fine out, it’s the same thing as owning a store.
  • MetaniteTVMetaniteTV Posts: 21 Member
    Spa Day is great, It's like taking your sim on a fun day. I really enjoy that pack.
    I haven't got Dine out yet, so can't say anything about that pack.
  • TessgirlsTessgirls Posts: 15 Member
    I absolutely love Spa Days in my life- So my Sims deserve Spa Days as well!!