Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you really need custom content?

Do you think you need CC? Well, here is an article I wrote that discusses whether or not you really need custom content! What's your favorite? You can link it to me if you have the link :)https://dvsgaming.org/do-you-really-need-custom-content-in-the-sims/

Comments

• JoshuaSims0JoshuaSims0 Posts: 207 Member
    i don't use CC. i used mods in another game and it crashed my computer. I learnt my lesaon.
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    Yes, I need hair, shoes, some clothing, but I don't have much. I hate in game high heel shoes, never use them on my sims, just on townies.
    And definitely need MCCC mod, faster shower and faster homework mods.
  • Brody9962Brody9962 Posts: 272 Member
    The only mod I really need is MCCC, other than that I don't need any others.
  • zombiesuezombiesue Posts: 148 Member
    kinda seems like a pointless question. I don't NEED to be playing video games to begin with.
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    Yes. A lot of it adds immersion. Even if its just something as simple as socks that make your sim feel right. I'm currently enjoying my time with TS4 but I still feel its kind of shallow compared to TS3. Everything added by these creative modders and content creators helps increase someone's immersion and I think that is awesome.
    zombiesue wrote: »
    kinda seems like a pointless question. I don't NEED to be playing video games to begin with.

For me, it's not really pointless. I need my video games..of course I work with DVS Gaming, so gaming is not just my personal life, it is in my business life as well as in my future :P Though, I know the logic behind peopel not really needing to play video games...Easier said then done right there
  • OoAtomicKittenoOOoAtomicKittenoO Posts: 47 Member
    Oh man, I live with my custom content. Sure, I don't need it, but it helped me look like me.
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I dont need it. I have played without it for a while. If do use it, its because I want more variety.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    nope, but since there's no actual reason for me to not use it I do :p
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • FlanodaaFlanodaa Posts: 56 Member
    We don't /need/ CC, but I personally think it plays a huge role in the creativity of TS4 community as a whole. It opens the gates to new ways to tell stories, create new households, and build new lots. I think it's great that CC gives users the ability to truly make The Sims their own.
    Yes, I agree there. Like I love gothic stuff, so I look for that kinda thing as I don't feel the game offers more of the goth clothing and hair styles., I mean, I like how they are adding more but still, I don't know where I would be without my cc
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    zombiesue wrote: »

Was going to post this, now I don't need to :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Okto84Okto84 Posts: 198 Member
    I love CC - have several gb at this point. Mostly I stick to CAS and objects, but I do use a few mods - better I find to be selective though as keeping those updated is a bit of effort. However, sometimes cc might be making us forget to use what we already have. I'm often impressed by the no cc lots I see, which are using things in all kinds of interesting ways.
  • TheWomanMonsterTheWomanMonster Posts: 49 Member
    I love CC but usually lean towards maxis match type stuff and recolours over the fancier things.

Oh and MCCC that mod is awesome.
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    I don't use mods, but I do have quite a bit of custom content in the decoration department. I have western and Native American themed items in the household that I know darn well would never make it in the game otherwise. I certainly need those things as it keeps with the story of my character.
  • vampirecarmillavampirecarmilla Posts: 3 New Member
    Personally, I used to use custom content excessively when I used to play Sims 3. Playing Sims 4, I haven't downloaded any cc or mods yet. I don't think it's needed, but, it gives your game an extra level. It makes the game more personal to you as you can customise the game ANY way you want. It's your own Sims game. You're the overlord. You're the plumbob king/queen. You're the KEEPER OF THE POOL LADDERS-- I mean, its your choice. :)
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    I don't think it's a NEED, I just prefer to have it. I just like having more options in CAS :smile:
  • PlushisimPlushisim Posts: 97 Member
    I do not use any CC. The official content is enough for me.
    The only one I truly need after getting it is MCCC, though I would still play if MCCC stopped updating and stopped working,
    BUT its the auto saver I'm after there as I forget to save the game periodically.
  • Silverfox13425Silverfox13425 Posts: 60 Member
    For me, I feel like I need it. It adds a lot to the game that the base doesnt come with. and, often times, you can find core mods that help the game run better, or at least, run to your sort of play style, and that is incredibly helpful.
  • LeonKingLeonKing Posts: 9 New Member
    I mostly downloaded clothes CC because these don't always crash like mods do but again i did download mods lol
  • CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    Mods I use are faster skills, I hate doing them so this is a godsend for me. I use UI extension, I had MCCC in and found that it is more bother than it is worth. I have tried a few others like that one that lets you put infants on the bed etc and got rid of it as it has not got the bugs worked out and causes more swearing. I also have teen romance in. I use it sparingly but like the realism. I know there were mummys having fits over the whole thing but you know, they don't run my worlds I do. If their little Sally is playing it and she is five then that is on them. It is pg 12 or whatever. also have careers and traits but I am selective in those. I used to have this really great height slider in but then toddlers came along and a patch and that ended it. The person who made it gave up apparently on fixing it. It was great too. I use lots and I do mean lots of CC though, last count I had over 1200 articles. I know some people who have over 5000! I need to do a purge I think as the creators keep coming out with new and lovely things.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    I don't need mods and cc to simply enjoy the game.

I DO need mods and cc to enjoy the game longer than any other I played before and to change the Sims from a mere game to a hobby to invest time and money in. Some claim the sims series aren't exactly games, but toys - I think and mods and cc go a long way to make a game into a toy.
  • ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    I don't need them, but want them. I don't use a lot though, and I only use them on my own sims to make them more unique.
    Hair, tattoo's clothes, everything (except skins.)
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I don't think they look that good without it. Some of the EA hair isn't too bad, but some of it looks like someone stacked clay on their heads. EA eyes look like something on a dead fish.