Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GIFT OF CREATION GAME *UPDATE!!*

Comments

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @Jude525 Great to see you lighting the fires here! If you need help with something edited or anything, PM me so I’ll get an email. Not around much anymore due to life circumstances :)
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I could use a tip from people having experience building "Tomb" lots... How do we create specific collectable Relics (either major or common ones)? I don't mean placing relic spawners but creating and placing specific collectable relics? For example, if for some reason I'd need an "Ancient Egyptian Gold Broken Vase" or an "Old French Stone Broken Bowl" (who would need that one?? never mind...). So far, I used DebugEnabler and BuyDebug to create most of what I need, but collectable relics are a pain.

Any thoughts?
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    @ZeeGee Thanks. I will use that to keep you in the loop and when I need to have a "Page 1" post updated. Either for wishlists or for entries/winners.

Sorry @Lexers615 I haven't ventured into tomb building, so am of no use on that one. Hope someone else comes along to help.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Jude525

@Lexers615 post about tomb style of lots made me think about another players question/suggestion on another thread and started me thinking about smaller WA lots that players could use in other worlds and made me wonder if that was even possible as I am assuming the game lots from WA all come in the same huge sizes and maybe cannot be changed? Anyway it was an idea from someone who cannot build for jot but just wondered about the possibilities :)

On another topic I loved your insights into the tractor and harvest collection as I love those objects but often have had to send my sim up to 3 runs on the tractor to get all the harvest done in the past so the info will be a help when I rearrange farming/tractor lots.. thank you for taking the time to do that :)
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @Jude525

@Lexers615 post about tomb style of lots made me think about another players question/suggestion on another thread and started me thinking about smaller WA lots that players could use in other worlds and made me wonder if that was even possible as I am assuming the game lots from WA all come in the same huge sizes and maybe cannot be changed? Anyway it was an idea from someone who cannot build for jot but just wondered about the possibilities :)

I posted some of the tombs I created/modified in my Studio thread, but several lots aged out and are now no longer available. Long story short, all WA lots can be modified, "Basecamp" lots being the most complicated ones.
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Hi @Lexers615

Thanks for that info I am i usually okay with Basecamp lots because I use Nrass traveller mod.. Then I suddenly realized that I have downloaded some of your lots in the past so went off to look in my creator saves folder and realized I often use your Master martial arts park as this is so small and easily added to most worlds and looks great.. and I also your 30x20 performance park a lot too because I much prefer to use that sort of lot in that size rather than EA's usual 30x30 lot which can be problematic in some worlds that do not have a lot of them so thank you for sharing your builds :)
    @SPARKY1922 Thanks!

I so wished I could have played this summer, but I had an intensive Summer term in May and June and then I hurt my back in mid-July and ended up in bed most of the day in July-August. Now I'm back in school not having done much whole Summer! I mean, I've caught up on backlogged laundry...

This said, do you need any specific lot(s) created/reworked?
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    @Lexers615

I am sorry to hear you have not had time to play followed by hurting your back and now your summer is over with what sounds like my worst nightmare lots of laundry :)

Thank you for your kind offer of specific lots created/reworked believe me i may take that offerup at some stage because I am a terrible builder and have some ideas about what i would like lol however I think @Jude525 is trying to revive the thread with the hope players may like to get involved in a sort of build competition for store points if you were interested at all in being involved in that at all?

I hope being back at school is not too traumatic :)
    @Lexers615

I am sorry to hear you have not had time to play followed by hurting your back and now your summer is over with what sounds like my worst nightmare lots of laundry :)

Thank you for your kind offer of specific lots created/reworked believe me i may take that offerup at some stage because I am a terrible builder and have some ideas about what i would like lol however I think @Jude525 is trying to revive the thread with the hope players may like to get involved in a sort of build competition for store points if you were interested at all in being involved in that at all?

I hope being back at school is not too traumatic :)

Summer was too short and I'm just getting too old to attend SimUniversity...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    @Lexers615

well it's one thing we cannot stop is time :) and why is that the most enjoyable times we have always go by too fast lol
    @SPARKY1922 I am so glad you found the farming info useful. AND that you found it, since it was on two threads other than this one. :D

I am also glad to see some activity here. And, Yay! it happens to be about building. Even if not official requests/entries. I know that at some point I will need an alternative base camp for China. My sims waste far too much time climbing the hill and all those stairs on the EA lot. Literally. It takes so much of their day just to get around.

@Lexers615 I'm sorry to hear about the back problems. It sucks when our bodies get in the way of our daily lives. I have a couple physical restrictions that come and go, currently both in remission, so I can relate. I also lost a summer following back surgery one year. It was such a waste spending weeks on the floor instead of at the park or the beach, or out cycling. Although, in my case, I recovered from that completely. Which is so uncommon with back injuries. So I am grateful that it was just those few months.

As for attending uni as an adult. I relate to that as well. I went back at 35, and was very grateful that it was only a two year certificate program. Many years ago I met a friend's mom who went back in her 30s or 40s to START to become a physician. Which she completed. I was amazed then and am even more so now.

I have ADHD, so school has always had the potential to be that much harder. But, when I had the right combination of interest in the subject and decent study materials I was able to find a routine to work around it. That's why tech school worked for me. Everything was relevant, so I stayed motivated in every class.

Also, because it was a good tech school (rated in the top five in the country,) they presented some great teaching tools that a traditional college might not have. Actually, when my sister went for her massage therapist training at a different school, I was surprised by just how much more help we had been given by way of study materials.

Since being on disability, I'd love to go to school to train for something new and return to work. But now my ADHD would be the least of my limitations. I couldn't handle a full time course load. And obtaining a degree part time would take so many years that I'd be ready to retire as soon as I graduated. Only owing even more in student loans. Oh well.

Wait, wasn't I talking about the Sims? Sorry, occasionally I do get stuck on missing the "good old days." I actually liked my job and enjoyed going there. I helped people be in less pain. I liked helping people for a living. I volunteer here and there in other ways, but it isn't the same. 🐸🐸🐸🐸, there I go again. I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.....
    aka Jude

My Studio

Oh, hey, @Lexers615 , just noticed in the DD thread that you used massage therapy to help get you moving again! See, it works! BTW, I am also a strong proponent for chiropractic when properly applied. And, as you've learned, the two compliment each other well.
    aka Jude

My Studio

edited September 2018
    Jude525 wrote: »
    Oh, hey, @Lexers615 , just noticed in the DD thread that you used massage therapy to help get you moving again! See, it works! BTW, I am also a strong proponent for chiropractic when properly applied. And, as you've learned, the two compliment each other well.
    Indeed, most of the time they do!
    @SPARKY1922 I am so glad you found the farming info useful. AND that you found it, since it was on two threads other than this one. :D

I am also glad to see some activity here. And, Yay! it happens to be about building. Even if not official requests/entries. I know that at some point I will need an alternative base camp for China. My sims waste far too much time climbing the hill and all those stairs on the EA lot. Literally. It takes so much of their day just to get around.
    Basecamps are extremely complicated to edit, and any minor edit typically has to be done in two steps, each requiring to activate several cheats, and your game may crash. That's why Maxis put multiple protections to lock us from editing them. As a workaround for minor gameplay issues, I'd suggest having your sims use the remote campsites ) which can easily be edited or "fine tuned" as needed) or setting up sleeping bags or tents as needed (purchase them before leaving) or purchase yourself your very own "home away from home". You only need the Basecamp to receive mail (unless owning a house) and to select adventures. Some "Adventurers" have serious issues (stealing your food, sleeping in your bed, repeatedly walking in the bathrooms, etc...), which is an extra reason not to spend too much time with them at Basecamps.
    As for attending uni as an adult. I relate to that as well. I went back at 35, and was very grateful that it was only a two year certificate program. Many years ago I met a friend's mom who went back in her 30s or 40s to START to become a physician. Which she completed. I was amazed then and am even more so now.
    I started a double certificate program two years ago in Translation, and the year before, I got a certificate in Spanish studies, so I'll be getting a second (cumulated) bachelor degree at some point this winter. Let's just say that my first bachelor degree was in Unemployment 101...
    I have ADHD, so school has always had the potential to be that much harder. But, when I had the right combination of interest in the subject and decent study materials I was able to find a routine to work around it. That's why tech school worked for me. Everything was relevant, so I stayed motivated in every class.

Also, because it was a good tech school (rated in the top five in the country,) they presented some great teaching tools that a traditional college might not have. Actually, when my sister went for her massage therapist training at a different school, I was surprised by just how much more help we had been given by way of study materials.

Since being on disability, I'd love to go to school to train for something new and return to work. But now my ADHD would be the least of my limitations. I couldn't handle a full time course load. And obtaining a degree part time would take so many years that I'd be ready to retire as soon as I graduated. Only owing even more in student loans. Oh well.
    Let's just say that I have some other problems, but more or less just as impedimenting. For example, at my late grandfather's funerals, cops had to quell a brawl involving several of my uncles, as one of them had been disinherited for slushed well over $2M off my grandfather business. Said uncle came to the funerals with tin cans in his pockets and in his wife purse but subsequently accused us of provoking the fight... So said uncle's lawyer then made a lot of phonecalls and I ended up being extensively searched last time I crossed the border, based on all sort of plum claims ... (they said I had just about everything illegal in my luggages from drugs to unreported live animals to concealed firearms to more embarrassing claims... Nealry six hours later and after xrays, ion scans, full body search (clothed), sniffed by the dogs, having my laptop and all my photography equipment meticulously searched and analyzed (in case I would have deleted some illicit files off the hard drives or memory cards), etc... All this up until they realize that their intel was rubbish yet they did not appologize for all that plum and all those insinuations... You get the idea, and so far I've only told you about two specific incidents. It's been going on for nearly 5 years now and there's about a dozen and some simply should not be mentioned in a family friendly forum...
    Wait, wasn't I talking about the Sims? Sorry, occasionally I do get stuck on missing the "good old days." I actually liked my job and enjoyed going there. I helped people be in less pain. I liked helping people for a living. I volunteer here and there in other ways, but it isn't the same. plum, there I go again. I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.....
    I don't mind... This thread is slowing waking up and we're helping it do so! :smile:
    Post edited by Lexers615 on
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    @Jude525

I copied and paste the farming info because I forget things these days-)

Although I don't have ADHD my mother knew from about age 5 if I wasn't interested in something wild horses could not drag me to it but if I was interested I could spend hours immersed in whatever it was and I have been the same way all my life so i thank goodness I loved my career or that could have turned out to be an extreme lifelong challenge :)

As I have got older I have health challenges that are annoying to someone like me who never expected to get them (despite of course understanding they could happen to anyone-) I also could not handle anything with a lot of hours or the kind of work stress I used to be under anymore and I had to go through a sort of grieving process when I had to let that go..

I am also amazed about the story of your friend's mom who went back in her 30s or 40s to START to become a physician that's really awesome :)

I am pleased you got your mobility back after surgery my particular challenges cannot be rectified by surgery and again i have had to let go of most sports I used to love like skiing and roller skating of all things-) so again it is sometimes quite difficult accepting I can no longer participate any more.. :'(

ooh we need to get back to other subjects :)

Did you manage to find any players that would like to enter a building contest? as I am sure players with requests must be ample I know if anyone offers to build for me I am there like a shot :)

I love the idea of a new china basecamp I would defo use that I still love the WA worlds and travelling to them even though I use the traveller mod so my sims can visit other worlds as well..

@Lexers615

romagi1 just made me a wonderful pirate basecamp for rflong7's supernatural custom world however as I am still adding the finishing touches to the world I haven't yet used the traveller mod as yet to turn it into a basecamp so as this is the first time I have done this I am wondering would it only be difficult to edit the lot once I had turned it into the basecamp? and what is a remote campsite? what sort of lot designation is that?

OMG the stress of your families antics :o I have seen a lot of things in my time due to my own career but that stuff can drive a person bat crazy.. I hope you manage to get it all resolved as soon as you can/if you even can? Maybe a nice book deal naming names or a film script might help you to get your own back :)

edited September 2018
    @Lexers615

romagi1 just made me a wonderful pirate basecamp for rflong7's supernatural custom world however as I am still adding the finishing touches to the world I haven't yet used the traveller mod as yet to turn it into a basecamp so as this is the first time I have done this I am wondering would it only be difficult to edit the lot once I had turned it into the basecamp? and what is a remote campsite? what sort of lot designation is that?
    I don't remember the exact name for the lot type. But if you travel to China, there are a dozen of small campsite everywhere named after flowers
    OMG the stress of your families antics :o I have seen a lot of things in my time due to my own career but that stuff can drive a person bat crazy.. I hope you manage to get it all resolved as soon as you can/if you even can? Maybe a nice book deal naming names or a film script might help you to get your own back :)
    I'd rather not go too deep into details given the forum is T. However, in my province, as soon as you take a brown envelloppe and put money in it, sky's the limit for you. That's more or less what my uncle did and why he always got away with everything though he also tried to sue us and my late grand-mother. His case got dismissed but he filled six differents appeals (all dismissed) using two of my other uncles as "proxies". So far, he sued my brother for having had a bad influence on my grandfather, sued my father for incompetence managing the estate, sued the bank, sued two of my aunts, filled to have my late grandmother declared senile and interned against her will, and I'm forgetting some. All his cases and appeals were dismissed (except one that is pending ruling). However the estate lawyers aren't exactly the bravest and refuse to countersue for harassment. As my father said, his funds will eventually (soon I hope) run dry though it's a steady financial drain on the estate too.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Hi @Lexers615

I had an idea you meant those sorts of camping lots but have forgotten if there is a camping lot designation in game, there probably is but I cannot remember if there is right now-)

No not good to go into a lot of details on open forums and strangely enough I have another friend who's now deceased father who appeared to be involved in similar antics which are suddenly coming to light and causing some distress to family so I hope as said before it gets sorted and you can get on with a life you want instead of worrying about everything else instead..

@Jude525

I am wondering if you know of anyway I could get around the store suddenly deciding that at least a third of my paid content is now showing as not owned?? I am so angry about this but before I spend a whole day on EA chat I thought there might be another way.. i have given it 4 days to resolve itself to date but it's still the same..
    @SPARKY1922 , sadly, so far, no response to my "feelers" placed elsewhere in the forums. No one has made comment there, and, as you can see, no one has appeared here.

Sadly, I don't know of any way to circumvent EA support when you need to fix owner rights on store content. As miserable as that is.

All I can recommend is that, once you get it cleared up, you keep a copy of each and every downloaded file in a separate location in case you need it at a later date. I do this primarily in case the store closes, but it would also work in the situation you are stuck in. Our user ID is tagged in each store item file that we download, allowing us to install it in our game based on our unique game license info. This is why we can not simply share the files with others.

The added advantage to this procedure is to save download time for future clean installs. I simply install from the backup of installation files rather than wait for them to download from the store site. If you do not yet own the store, organize individual items that belong to sets in folders to be deleted once you can download the set file. This includes compilations. It avoids installing the same content twice and bogging down the game.

If you plan to follow Ciane's installation procedure, you may want to go one step further and keep track of what each file is, since the names only occasionally match the content. Once I followed her procedure, which creates reference folders, I saved those as my backup copies. Now I install each folder, one by one, in order. I generally know what is in them now. Which means I have installed them way too many times. :D
    aka Jude

My Studio

@Jude525

I am saddened that there are no takers to your build feelers but not entirely surprised as I know RL can be so busy and I know from my much earlier days on this forum a lot of players appear to have left as well which does not help..

I do have a backup of my store content I believe somewhere even the library file numbers for many of the lots I bought from the store however recently on my disc 3 game I was getting error scripts for the tea table that came with Brunch at the old mill and it need removing and a reinstall but of course when searching my simpak folder could not find it under that name so I went to the store intending to start a fresh folder and just download brunch at the old mill just to see what it was called in game and what do you know this started days of searching because this is where I noticed I could no longer download content from my purchase history and some was missing.. what should have been a half hour job at the most turned into days :/

I use cians's IP world info but I have never seen the one about her installation procedure if you could give me a link I would love to take a look but as of right now nothing i do will download from my purchase history store content no matter what I have tried-) and I now have to spend even more time trying to work out where 9 pages of purchased content has gone and what it actually was in the first place :s
    Kinda busy, but here is the link to Ciane's installation procedure. link
    aka Jude

My Studio

Hi @Jude525

Thank you so much for the link I had no idea she had made this tutorial.. I apologize if I somehow upset you by asking you if you knew of the link as of course I had no idea you were too busy how could I? I promise not to ask for help again in future..
    Oh my goat,! Of course you didn't upset me! I simply was having a busy evening, so didn't have time to leave a "chatty" post. But I did want you to have the information as soon as possible, so popped on to write something.

It is VERY difficult to upset me. And, when it happens, I am very good at letting people know that it has happened. Usually in a productive way, although not always. But I learned quite some time ago not to hold hurt feelings back from friends and family. I find that it ends up turning more sour later.

So, no, I am not in the least upset. Except for the misunderstanding. Which I hope this has resolved.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @SPARKY1922 The purchase history is notoriously unreliable. If you go to the item’s page do you get the download button? Anyway, Ciane’s totorial is the BEST and I’ve done video walk throughs of her method if you like visuals. Some of the info is outdated (the patches no longer automatically install and you need them on 1.67 version) but I’ve been too busy to finish my updated tut.

Thanks @Jude525 for holding down the fort! Maybe someday it will pick up again. We’re GIVING away store stuff... where’s the interest? ;)
    @ZeeGee poor @SPARKY1922's real problem is that, with the history page not working, she isn't even sure what content she owns. I feel so bad for her.

And, yeah, I don't get the lack of interest here either. I'll keep the thread open and see if anything happens.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Hi @Jude525

I wasn't trying to be difficult I just don't like to feel like I am bothering somebody..

Hi @ZeeGee

yes in purchase history I do get the store download button but nothing happens when I click to download plus there is at least 9 pages of purchased content missing and I have no idea as to what that might be yet as I have to be in the right frame of mind to scroll through 120 odd pages to try and find out what haha

It really is a shame there is not much interest in freebies as you say lol and I know I found this thread way too late but I did like the idea of what was going on here but I totally understand as said before that people have real lives they need/want to get on with and maybe it is still only just the end of summer so we have not quite got to the cold dark night yet..I will keep coming back to see what's going on or not :)
    I do agree that maybe it is early in the seasonal shift and we might yet see some activity as people look for indoor activities. If so, we will be here. Maybe with prizes, maybe not.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top