Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GIFT OF CREATION GAME *UPDATE!!*

Comments

• Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    Oh, @ZeeGee , nice new avatar!
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Jude525 wrote: »
    Oh, @ZeeGee , nice new avatar!

Thank you!

Sims 3 UIC google search will get you the tool you need to change those piccies in lots you upload to the exchange :)
  • KiearaPhoenixKiearaPhoenix Posts: 212 Member
    @Merelhyn Thank you
    @SjappielovePaul That is a nice family home! I like the teen room and the master bedroom.
    @Jude525 Thanks! ^^ Old enough to remember the Lost in Space tv show, no... although I do remember when I was younger, my dad taking me to see that movie in the theaters and being scarred for life when it comes to alien spiders, hahahahaha. Wow those are some really lovely treasure icons(?) you got there!
    Oh my gosh, I'd forgotten about the movie reboot of Lost in Space! And, while looking up the cast on IMDB just now.... they are rebooting the series on Netflix in April!! W h a t ???? How cool.
    aka Jude

My Studio

What!? Woah that is cool, as long as their aren't alien spiders I totally want to see that.
  • EnvyfanEnvyfan Posts: 142 Member
    I don't think I'll be able to get an entry up this month, I wanted to, but since reading has completely consumed my time I can't seem get get anything finished. I 'll try for next month!
    oh! and everyone's houses look awesome!!
    edited February 2018
    Okay, first of all, @KiearaPhoenix and @missroxor, I was completely unaware of the fact that there were THREE distinct home styles in Lunar Landings. Especially since the crater had gone completely unnoticed by me in previous games! I mean, completely. So, when I posted my request, I was thinking of the two houses that had stuck in my memory that I had followed when I had built there previously, which is the one style neither of you chose. The one where they seem to be practically floating in midair with no apparent means of support. Like these:

qlwwIo2.jpg?2

9xEyG9a.jpg?1

Secondly, now that I've toured the houses properly, I am even more impressed/thrilled with what you've created. I am starting a "new" game, by moving Michaela, from my legacy family, from Riverview to Lunar Lakes. Since Houseship of Hope is already occupied, I decided to place them into town as is and move Michaela into Crater Sanctuary. Then, first thing, I brought Michaela to meet the Quintaels. Partly so I could tour the house, but mostly so that I could involve them in the game.

I must say, as I often do, I am amazed at the objects that are included in these builds that are "new" to me. And at the same time, love seeing some of my favorites turn up as well.

@missroxor the cactus gardens on the front steps are adorable. As is the understated planter/shelf in the entry. And I love that wall sculpture behind the purple bed. I use that a lot. And, I don't know if you've seen my summer house build, but the bunk beds with the dresser at the foot is the exact same combination as in the boys' room there! And I love the overall color scheme. Don't know if it was intentional, but it gives a definite mid-century/50s vibe that I love. And the inclusion of a garden is appreciated since it is a must have for all my Sims.

@KiearaPhoenix, the complexity of your build is stunning. As I've mentioned before, the color scheme on the main floor is gorgeous. And the way you filled in one channel of the wall covering with a tile pattern is genius. I've only recently discovered how flexible some of those wall coverings can be and have started playing around with some myself. The compact use of the second floor is consistent with the back story of it having been a ship. But I love all the nooks and crannies, and how you've filled them all with plants.

I love that Xr is green and that Sol is blue. Is he an actual alien in game, or is it just a skin tone? But, just one real question. There appears to be a random window pane floating in front of the dishwasher in the kitchen. I don't think it belongs there. I know I've only got about 20 minutes of gameplay into the new game, but I'm hesitant to mess with the household to remove it, so it may just stay there. Or, is it supposed to be there? I didn't walk over to it yet, so don't know if it actually interferes with the dishwasher. It won't effect gameplay from Michaela's stand point, since she doesn't live there.

I also like how Mrs. Quintael's story compliments Michaela's. Michaela moved off-world hoping to learn something of her alien heritage. The Quintael's are starting over for their own reasons. And one last thing. I was touched by the fact that their house has so much space for more family than just the two of them, including things for a baby. Signs that there was a plan for a growing family that was cut short. I may have to step outside of Michaela's story briefly to bring someone else into their home and see if they can start filling those rooms up a bit.

I think the only other thing I have to do before getting into Michaela's game completely is creating some aliens and moving them into the town. It makes no sense for her to be the only alien on an alien planet if her motive was to learn of her heritage. Hmmm, that means moving Sims in and establishing jobs, as well as cheating their skill levels up so that they aren't "hollow." At that point, I may as well stop in and check out that window situation before returning gameplay to Michaela's household. I'll keep y'all posted with the highlights.
    aka Jude

My Studio

@Jude525 Oops, gonna have to open my game and see how that window got there. I am quite sure it isn't supposed to be there >_<; Sol isn't an a true alien, just skin coloring (I suppose he could be a mutant or something for his skin tone) aaaaand I really just found out about the aliens in seasons which means even more for me to explore!
    edited February 2018
    @jude525 lovin' that backstory...I wonder what Michaela looks like

Okay that window WAS in the corner behind the light pillar...don't even know how it creeped out of position >_>;
    Post edited by KiearaPhoenix on
    I'll upload a picture of Michaela tomorrow. I'm already up waaaay later than I'm supposed to be. G'nite
    aka Jude

My Studio

• missroxormissroxor Posts: 392 Member
    edited February 2018
    Thanks for the lovely comments guys. It's great seeing the variety of different things people come up with! O.O I was inspired to do another but this time for Isla Paradiso. It's an apartment lot for budget living :smiley:

Creator’s Username: missroxor

Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site:
    https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=missroxor

Item Title: Paradise Mobile Homes

Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item : @Jude525 - Item no 2.

Exchange, Simfileshare.net or Mediafire Link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9195488

Description:
    Family Description:
    Agwe has lived on his own with his boys for so long that he almost forgot what a woman's touch can be like. Apparently there's more to a house than just somewhere to sleep between diving expeditions and wind surfing trips with his boys. Now that Agathe's moved in will she be able to make a home for herself and this ready-made family or will this bachelor pad prove too claustrophobic for her ever expanding collection of waifs and strays?

House Description:
    Paradise Mobile Homes 3Be, 1Ba
    Who says you can't have a sea view on a budget? Paradise Mobile Homes provide all of the convenience of living within walking distance of the beach with none of the space or luxury of owning a beach house! Furnished to accommodate two adults, two child-teens, one toddler and a dog. Includes space for one car and one boat. By missroxor.

Details:
    Family Details:

Name and description:Agwe Michel (adult) - Since his ex left one day and never returned Agwe has struggled to trust others. For a few years now it’s been just Agwe, his boys and the ocean: what more does a man need? He likes to keep things simple... except now that a certain feisty eco warrior has wormed her way into his heart and his home, will things stay so simple?
    Traits Slob, Loves the Outdoors, Family Orientated, Loves the Heat, Friendly

Name and description:Agathe Rivera (young-adult) - Agathe Island hopped to Isla Paradiso while volunteering with the Caribbean Conservation Society. During a litter pick at a popular tourist beach she met a local lifeguard and fell in love with more than the Island's scenery. Can Agathe pause her one woman mission to save the world long enough to form a meaningful relationship?
    Traits Loves the Outdoors, Hot headed, Eco-friendly, Hopeless Romantic, Animal Lover

Name and description:Evens Michel (Teen) - Evens isn't the academic sort but if you're looking for someone to chill at the beach with, he's you're dude!
    Traits Loves to swim,Virtuoso, Hopeless Romantic, Easily Impressed

Name and description:Jonas Michel (Child)
    Traits Loves the heat, Angler, Computer Whiz

Name and description:Cheech Rivera (Adult Large Dog)
    Traits Hyper, likes swimming

House Details:
    This house is super compact with three very small bedrooms and an all-in-one bathroom. There's a decent amount of outdoor space and in addition to the car and boat and two bicycles on display, both boys have their own wind surf boards and Agwe has a jet ski to get to work quickly. There's also a small pool for those days you just want to practise swimming at home. Skill items include: Laptop, telescope, pool, wind surfboards, bookcase and chin-up bar.

Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? No

Do you have CC in your game folder? Yes but only package files, not sims3pack.

Pictures or link to original post where pictures are shared:

fjkf0x.jpg

Plan Views
    2cqh0m8.jpg
    10n9x6f.jpg

Exterior Views
    149z2w3.jpgFront
    f0p2dc.jpgBack

Interior Views
    2nspf8x.jpgLiving Room
    280qiw7.jpgKitchen

Post edited by missroxor on
  • missroxormissroxor Posts: 392 Member
    Ack, just realised I took the pics while the kids were at school and they've taken the boat!... there is a little wooden sail boat, I promise
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    @missroxor I like yours! It looks way more island-ish than mine haha, I guess I'm just not an island expert ;)

Also @Jude525 what ZeeGee said, The Sims 3 UIC :)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
    Wow!! @missroxor loving that layout and island mobile home vibe, really looks home-y ^_^
    I enjoyed the family descriptions too.
    @Jude525 I don't know how far into game play you are but I've updated the home on the exchange with the window in it's proper place. Sorry about that!

And a little bit more of the thought process into the houseship of hope: I debated for some time adding in the crib in the children's bedroom, because I didn't want the back story to be too sad...but I think it does heavily underline that they were hoping to start a big family before her husband was lost. So I decided to use your fave colors, oranges and yellows because I wanted to convey a feel that even though her story is sad, it is still hopeful. She chooses to decorate in bright happy colors and sunflowers, not just for her sake, but for Sol too.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    I’m on an island, cell service spotty here and the WiFi is down. This month’s drawing will be delayed! Hope this posts ...
    Wow, this is all SO cool!

@missroxor, first thoughts: Love the angle of the parked truck. Such a little touch to imply how casual Agwe is. Love the color scheme, both interior and exterior. Love the use of the power boxes. Another little detail that does a lot. Love the presence of the Jars of Electric Fireflies, one of my favorite items. To be fair, that list is about 50 items long. But, given that there are thousands of items in the entire Sims 3 collection, I consider that to be a short list. And these, along with the String of Inspiration, are at the top of the list. I also like the string of chili's, but suspect from your description of Agwe that he bought them years ago on a whim and no one would want to actually use them at this point.

The choice to go with the apartment option is very interesting. It allows that specific look without allowing the family to spillover to the extra space. I haven't explored this building option, but doesn't this also allow for a random neighbor to move in? Could make for an interesting dynamic to the story right there. I have been toying with making a 3 unit brownstone at some point. But I'd have to study the traditional architecture first. Or the alternative is a 3 unit painted lady, like they have in San Francisco. That would work on either of the islands or in Roaring Heights. I hate when my head starts bouncing with ideas and my idea book is out of reach. Or, like now, I don't even know where it is.

@SjappielovePaul Two observations. First, your house is totally island appropriate. Just a different look. Second, I think @missroxor's screen shots were enhanced by that gorgeous island lighting. I think in the same lighting you would feel differently about your house.

I have to say, I've seen people post back stories before, but having them about families that I will be playing in my game, even as secondary characters, really pulls me in.

Oh, and I've decided to hand pick some population in Lunar Lakes, so I will download the updated version of Houseship of Hope. And I'm very glad you left the story the way you did.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    I’m on an island, cell service spotty here and the WiFi is down. This month’s drawing will be delayed! Hope this posts ...

...a three hour tour
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    @Jude525 I think it's just me being Dutch ;) our islands are not exotic haha! I'm just used to building much more grey-ish, I should've used more popping colours to give it that exotic feeling. But overall, I'm still quite happy with my island house as well, it was a challenge after all the 'medieval' builds I've done :)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,085 Member
    edited March 2018
    I am posting two entries for this month. I've had the apartment one for months and I just finally got around to finishing the residential home. I also have a one story version of the Banyan if anyone is interested. I already own the store, so if I win, please randomly choose someone else who has entered this month for the prize.
    Post edited by rnramey on
    Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
    edited March 2018
    Standard Entry Form:

Creator’s Username: rnramey on this site - RadicalChick on MTS
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site (Link to your Sims 3 Store wishlist or who you wish to be gifted if you own the store): Pick someone randomly from all others who have entered
    Item Title: Aquarius Penthouse – No CC
    Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item (The name of the person's creation wishlist and number of the item on their creation wishlist that you've chosen to create): @creativity_rulez - Item 2 - LateNight apartments
    Exchange, Simfileshare.net or Mediafire Link: www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=579077
    Description: The Aquarius Nightclub has been remodeled into NPC apartments and a luxury 4 bedroom penthouse that is perfect for the growing family. There are two master suites with ensuite baths and private balconies. A nursery and a child bedroom with bunkbeds share a Jack and Jill bathroom. The large kitchen is centrally located between the dining and living areas with open sight lines and a gorgeous view of the city. The large private balcony off the great room has magnificent views of downtown and even includes a hot tub! A study, guest washroom, and laundry room round out this beautifully appointed home at the top. Included in the amenities are an exercise room and game room, which are accessed from the lobby, and there is parking in the rear.
    Details: 2 Master bedrooms each w/full bath & private balcony, child bedroom with bunkbeds, nursery, shared bathroom for child bedroom and nursery, study/office, laundry, living room area, kitchen, dining area, private balcony off great room, guest washroom, public exercise room, public gameroom, parking.

You must own Late Night as this is an apartment building with an elevator and public & hidden room markers. Ambitions is required for the laundry stuff. I have all the EPs and SPs and items from some are used. If you don't own the items, the game will just replace them with comparable items.

All appliances have been upgraded. Moveobjects cheats used on oven hood, chimney, columns, shelves, and décor. This lot has been playtested and works fine, although the game room does tend to entice the sims a lot. If this bothers you, just use the cheats testingcheatsenabled true and restrictbuildbuyinbuildings off and change it to a pool or something! You can also add another floor on top if you need/want to expand. I suggest putting stairs where the office/study is currently. Or you can take over the floor below by deleting the hidden & public room markers. Delete the doors on this floor if you do this as they are set to NPC doors.

Replaces the existing Aquarius Nightclub at 1500 Bayshore Highway in Bridgeport.
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? (Did you use any CC in your build): There is no CC or CAP used on this lot. I have checked it with Custard.
    Do you have CC in your game folder? (Do you have any CC at all in your Electronic Arts mods folder?): Yes
    Pictures or link to original post where pictures are shared: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=579077 MTS_RadicalChick-1628478-Screenshot-73-cropped.jpg
    MTS_RadicalChick-1628481-Screenshot-77-cropped.jpg

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    edited March 2018
    Standard Entry Form:

Creator’s Username: rnramey on this site - RadicalChick on MTS
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site (Link to your Sims 3 Store wishlist or who you wish to be gifted if you own the store): Pick someone randomly from all others who have entered
    Item Title: Banyan Coastal Home - No CC/CAP
    Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item (The name of the person's creation wishlist and number of the item on their creation wishlist that you've chosen to create): @AlphaFen - Item 2
    Exchange, Simfileshare.net or Mediafire Link: www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=608128
    Description: The Banyan brings elegant tropical living to the neighborhood. Set amid lush coastal foliage, the Banyan is more retreat than residence. From the crown molding and hardwood floors to the granite, quartz or marble countertops, every feature of this spacious 5 bedroom 6.5 bath home gives evidence to quality and excellence. So come home. Bask in every luxurious detail, unwind in your pool, relish the coastal breeze on your porch...your retreat awaits.
    Details: Includes on the first-floor a grandparents suite with french doors to the back porch and a large private bathroom, one kid bedroom and one teen bedroom that share a bathroom, and a study/home office with bathroom and outside access that could easily be converted to another bedroom. Also has a two-car garage with walk-through laundry room and open plan living/kitchen/dining areas.

On the second-floor there is a luxurious master en-suite with attached nursery, and an exercise room with attached bathroom that could be converted to butler's room or additional bedroom if needed.

Outside is a fenced pool, fenced kids play area, and two porches - one in front and one in back. And there is room to add a garden on either side of the house, if desired.

I have all expansion packs and stuff packs installed. I tried not to use anything from the stuff packs, and to limit items to only base game, Supernatural, Seasons, and Generations. If you don't have these three packs, then their will probably be windows, doors, furniture, and appliances that will not be as pictured. If I used anything from the other packs, then the game will substitute something else for it and it shouldn't be such a noticeable difference.

Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? (Did you use any CC in your build): There is no CC or CAP used on this lot. I have checked it with Custard.
    Do you have CC in your game folder? (Do you have any CC at all in your Electronic Arts mods folder?): Yes
    Pictures or link to original post where pictures are shared:
    modthesims.info/download.php?t=608128 MTS_RadicalChick-1751667-image002.jpgMTS_RadicalChick-1751669-image006.jpg

• EnvyfanEnvyfan Posts: 142 Member
    @rnramey Those are AWESOME!
  • ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    just popping in to say...

I :heart: all these creations!
  • MerelhynMerelhyn Posts: 370 Member
    @rnramey I love the Late Night flat! Beautiful all around!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top