Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GIFT OF CREATION GAME *UPDATE!!*

Comments

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    edited July 2017
    @Jude525 There is a mod that allows you to enable or disable packs at Mod the Sims. I have all discs and use it all the time. It works perfectly and never forgets what you've checked!

http://modthesims.info/d/499140

I love OMSP! I like the sideways one too, where you can turn stuff at different angles.

Nice to see you here!
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    @ZeeGee I'm pretty sure you are the one who turned me on to OMSP. I use it ALL the time now. Clutter on bureaus, magazines in the bathroom, but always, always plants in the windows. And I'll pop right over for that mod. And probably spend some time tomorrow installing the rest of my EPs.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @jude525, I just wanted to say that there is a BIG difference between mods and cc. Mods don't transfer with uploads (though their effect can remain until changed by the uploader), but cc installed via the launcher and backed up in the dcbackup folder does. So I don't think it's a problem that use more slots to add clutter; it's just the sharing of any cc that we like to avoid here.

@ZeeGee - I'm curious after reading the last page of comments on the Sim Game Selector. One person commented that they used it all the time and loved it when they were on Windows 8, BUT that it doesn't work for Windows 10. I too used the older version all the time on my old Vista, but I haven't used it on my new Windows 10 computer. What version of Windows are you running? If 10, are you using the new Sim Game Selector?
    @ciane I'm on Windows 10 and it has worked fine for me. Maybe cause I have all discs? I'm using the one I linked. Is there a newer one?
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I have all discs too, so maybe I wouldn't have a problem adding this to my new computer. (I just haven't needed it yet as my new computer plays all the EPs and all the store content nicely for me.)

Nothing changed since the addition of ITF and Movie Stuff back in 2013; but he hasn't commented on posts in his thread since Spring of 2014, with the exception of popping in once about a year later. The post about having problems with his program and Windows 10 was much later (and only offered by one commenter).
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Hi there. Awesome job that you have done recreating Mya's thread. I don't have all my stuff installed anymore, puter got to old and too sick to handle it. Hope to have new one soon. I've bookmarked it and will set up a clean folder for building and hopefully can participate as it takes off. Perhaps advertise the thread in the general section to get some of the new folks interested.
    @bekkasan Thank you! Hope you can get set up to participate. That's a good idea to advertise in general.
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    @jude525, I just wanted to say that there is a BIG difference between mods and cc. Mods don't transfer with uploads (though their effect can remain until changed by the uploader), but cc installed via the launcher and backed up in the dcbackup folder does. So I don't think it's a problem that use more slots to add clutter; it's just the sharing of any cc that we like to avoid here.
    Actually, Ciane, the OMSP is CC, so would upload as CC to the Exchange. It's one of those things that one considers a "mod", yet is actually a piece of CC. It's a surface that you can set the height however you want, and then you MOO it into wherever you want it to be. When you're in Build/Buy mode, it appears as this strange, red-and-white checkered surface. Once the game runs, it turns invisible.

So unfortunately, it would upload with a lot. It's too bad, because it's one of the most useful things you can possibly imagine.

There's also the Tipsy OMSP that allows you to place items at different angles, and there's an OMSP (I'm not sure where to find it - I don't think it's on MTS) that allows you to shrink/enlarge items. Those also allow you to do some pretty amazing things. :)
    edited July 2017
    I also play from disc on Win 10. So far the Selector has been working. I had one little glitch where I reset to the packs I've been playing with and it claimed to have replaced items. So I closed without saving and double checked which packs were selected within the Selector. It appeared that I had the correct packs selected, so I just "Saved" the selection again, closed it and ran the game the way I normally do from the TS3.exe file rather than the launcher and I was back in business. I had clicked the large icon at the bottom of the selector to start the launcher the previous time. As I said, I never use the launcher anymore, so it may have been a factor.

Also, I just checked and it does say on the mod page that it supports Movie Stuff and ITF. I am currently running Movie Stuff, but don't have ITF installed yet. **Edited for possible forum policy breach**
    Post edited by Jude525 on
    aka Jude

My Studio

• ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    Hello! I don't know where to post this. I hope you won't mind the off-topic.
    Namely, I got a sudden interest lately in building, more specifically building for contests and other Simmers. I am aware that I belong to Talentless Theater in Midnight Hollow though. :lol: Still, these kinds of things have been very compelling to me for past few months. How can I become the part of it? I would love, for example, to try to build something for @charlotteprice
    Or am I just overly ambitious? :lol:
    edited July 2017
    @ninaumi Hi, nice to see you here! You're not off topic at all. All you have to do is look at charlotteprice's wishlist on the previous page of this thread and build something that meets her requirements. She actually left it pretty wide open. Once you are done with your build, just post here using the entry form with pictures and a link to the build. You are then entered into the contest for the month that you post!
  • ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    edited July 2017
    Standard Entry Form:

Creator’s Username: ninaumi
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=ninaumi
    Item Title: For charlotteprice
    Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item: charlotteprice
    Exchange, Simfileshare.net or Mediafire Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9117945
    Description: This is a house that charlotteprice requested. It has 3 bedrooms and 1 1/2 bathrooms.
    Details: I tried my best to build a nice house, even though the cap of 40,000 hasn't let me to furnish it better (for example living room is very simple with just a few stuff). It has a lot of free space for new furniture or decor.
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? No.
    Pictures or link to original post where pictures are shared:
    DRw656f.jpg

20gC7k1.jpg

g3pMjcV.jpg

5xHWS3e.jpg

p9KZ2GG.jpg

FAMjFEH.jpg

BhC6O4t.jpg

FgNGN36.jpg
    Post edited by ninaumi on
    @ninaumi That's so cute! Love all the colors. You're entered into the August drawing!

Number of item on the entry form is if the simmer's creation wishlist has more than one request. Since Charlotte only had one, it wasn't applicable. :smiley:
    edited July 2017
    I had planned to work today, but I suppose that is not happening since it is now 4:30 and I usually start at about 2:30. (I drive for Uber. I'll just work tomorrow.) Instead I am reinstalling the missing EPs so that I have a full installation available for builds. Into the Future is running now, and then I will be done.

I haven't really built anything in months, so I'm hoping to be inspired.

EDIT: I just realized, couldn't drive at this point anyway. I've spent too much time on the computer and literally wouldn't be able to see well enough to drive today. My eyes are too fatigued. Woot! I have an excuse.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited July 2017
    ninaumi wrote: »
    Standard Entry Form:

Creator’s Username: ninaumi
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=ninaumi
    Item Title: For charlotteprice
    Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item: charlotteprice
    Exchange, Simfileshare.net or Mediafire Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9117945
    Description: This is a house that charlotteprice requested. It has 3 bedrooms and 1 1/2 bathrooms.
    Details: I tried my best to build a nice house, even though the cap of 40,000 hasn't let me to furnish it better (for example living room is very simple with just a few stuff). It has a lot of free space for new furniture or decor.
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? No.
    Pictures or link to original post where pictures are shared:
    DRw656f.jpg

20gC7k1.jpg

g3pMjcV.jpg

5xHWS3e.jpg

p9KZ2GG.jpg

FAMjFEH.jpg

BhC6O4t.jpg

FgNGN36.jpg

Aww, I love this house! Yes, I wanted to keep the price under 40K and I know its hard to do, but I usually motherlode one time when they move in so I can get them a car and take classes and I absolutely have to give my sims the multi tab, I can't do without that, LOL.

You did a great job and I am going to DL it now <3 Thank you so much and I am glad you are in the drawing for August!

ETA: Just DL'd it and loved your title "Paying it back" <3<3

I so appreciate all the houses from Maya's thread and the one's Romaji and ZG built for me. These are the best gifts for me, I just love my Sims <3
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited July 2017
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    *charlotteprice's chocolate stash here*

Thanks for adding this to my room, ROFL

Post edited by FairyGodMother on
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    edited July 2017
    just to be sure i understand correctly, am i correct in assuming that everything listed on the wishlists is a preference, rather than a requirement?

(i'd love to try building something to repay the awesome folks who have gifted me pretty things; i have all eps, but i don't own any stuff packs, so just wanted to make sure that won't be an issue.)

also that candy stash looks delicious!

:cookie:
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
    @lauravonawesome Nice to see you hear! You have to follow the general requirements (example: no CC unless wishlist poster says it's ok). You also have to follow the requirements the wishlist creator has posted. If you have any questions about something then feel free to ask me or the wishlist person to clarify. If you want to, you can post WIP pics to see if you're on the right track with what the creator wants. Mya's thread was a LOT more detailed and I may have left something out trying to simplify so feel free to ask questions! I'll add your question to the FAQ tonight when I get home. :smiley:
    @charlotteprice Your candy stash has been moved to it's proper place on the first page. :wink:
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    edited July 2017
    @ZeeGee thanks! I only use like 3 pieces of CC and they're all hairstyles, so should be ok that way.

Just wanted to make sure that me not owning the stuff packs people had listed wasn't going to be a deal-breaker. :)

will see what i can come up with!
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
    @ZeeGee thanks! I only use like 3 pieces of CC and they're all hairstyles, so should be ok that way.

Just wanted to make sure that me not owning the stuff packs people had listed wasn't going to be a deal-breaker. :)

will see what i can come up with!

Oh no, that would not be a problem at all. The reason those are listed is so you don't use an EP or SP that the person you're creating for doesn't have. :)
    edited July 2017
    I have been trying to write a post for General Discussion to advertise this thread for 3 days and can't come up with how to word it so it won't get moved to the store section. If anyone else wants to have a go I'd be grateful. Off to work I go...
    @zeegee, thank you, I've used the first code for Sim File Share
    aka Jude

My Studio

edited September 2017
    @ZeeGee found a hidden piece of custom content attached to this lot. I have removed it and reposted the file. However, if you installed the lot then you have "infected" your game. I'm very sorry. This content is functionally harmless, but attaches itself to almost everything you create and share.

It is called "Arezzo Bathroom CounterRight." There are instructions here for removing it from your game, but it can be ornery and resistant. The simple uninstall didn't work for me. Possibly because I was having trouble with my launcher.

I am in the process of following the more thorough instructions that ZeeGee provided me with. Once I am familiar with them I will be more than willing to help anyone else go through it on their system if needed. I'm sorry about this. The counter was intentionally used in a house I downloaded from a creator who didn't know that it was a corrupt file. (At least I assume they didn't know. It's a nice counter.) Clearly, neither did I. The creator of the file has long since fixed it, but the corrupt version is all over the place at this point. *sigh*

Please message me with any questions.

Ok, so here it is, my first build submission! @charlotteprice, I thought I would do a pet project I've had in the works for a while that was well suited for your request. A starter house for Pinochle Point under 40k. I just barely made it with that under 40k requirement while keeping within my own parameters, but it works for both of us.

And the project is, my childhood home! 25 Cute Street, Pawtucket, RI USA

Creator's name: Jude525
    Store username: JoeJude16
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link: My Wishlist
    Item Title: 25 Cute Street at 2300 Pinochle Point
    Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item: @charlotteprice 30x30 starter house under 40k
    Exchange, Simfileshare.net or Mediafire Link: 25 Cute Street
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? I loaded only the EPs and SPs Charlotte listed. When I had successfully loaded it up to my Exchange Studio I noticed some store content. I deleted stuff that didn't matter to the build, but a couple items wouldn't be easily replaced. Charlotte, if I can get the file back up on the exchange I'll identify these items and check whether you have them and if not see what I can replace them with that will suit the build.

The one thing I'm certain of, that is important to the aesthetics, is the Protective Fence, which is part of the Ultra Lounge Outdoor Set. I know you mentioned some Ultra Lounge items, but not sure if you have this one. It was tough for me to find something to replace the aesthetic of our custom wrought iron railings on the front and side steps. The wrought iron fences are tall and pointed, and all the shorter fences/railings are wood or very modern. This was the closest I could get.

Details and Pictures:

CUMq9ZM.jpg

dojhYfM.jpg

It is a traditional Cape Cod style home modified with a full dormer off the back to enlarge the upstairs bedrooms and allow an upstairs bath. As with any Sims build that attempts to mimic the real world, some compromises were made in dimensions and scale. But as little as possible. The biggest compromise is the roof line. In the build it resembles an American saltbox more than a modified Cape. This is because The Sims 3 doesn't allow for the creation of functioning dormers. Or even false ones, really. One upside to this is that the crawlspace we use as an attic has become an actual walk in attic in this build. A feature I rather like. I've pre-cluttered the attic, but you can sell the contents off for a quick cash refund on the purchase price.

HlCqueB.jpg

I've included all the closets, but they are easily deleted to make the rooms larger and more flexible. Especially the bathrooms. And the first floor bathroom is easily reconfigured into a full bath. Just copy the second floor. I've always wondered why my parents only did the one full bath in the first place. Granted, there were only 4 kids at the time, and they didn't PLAN on having 4 more. Catholics, what can you do?

So, here is the basic layout. On the first floor you enter the front door into a parlor/living room. You pass through an arch into the kitchen, which has a side door out to the driveway/yard. Down the hall are a half bath, a bedroom and a den/office. Over the years the bedroom has also served as a dining room and the den as a small bedroom. NOTE: The kitchen is pretty close to scale and my mother fed up to 9 of us at a time in there. You'd be amazed if you saw the table we had. But there is no way Sims could be routed around something comparable in game. They'd be stamping their feet and whining constantly. :D

YnCKPtA.jpg

The second floor has two larger bedrooms and a full bath along with an attic space. Again, the attic space in our real house is actually little more than a crawl space with a half height door for access. When I was growing up there were three of us in each room. A boys' room and a girls' room. During that time the first floor bedroom belonged to my parents.

hOVhhPn.jpg

Some interesting notes (at least I think so:) Yes, the first floor was actually that color until we refitted it to make it accessible when my mom got sick. And the kitchen appliances where green until mom accidentally set the kitchen on fire. Which is why I made sure to include a fire alarm.

The tree in the back yard is a stand in for the maple my grandfather planted. It isn't a maple, because they come with Seasons, but it looks kinda close. I used to climb up into it and read. You'll also notice the only other landscaping in the back yard is Mom's one rose bush. It looks a little less lonely against the fence we have, but I didn't want to add more money to the build.

Finally I made a big mistake that I will go back and fix in a future rebuild of the whole project. I forgot to build working stairs from the basement to the first floor. By the time I realized this had been missed I was almost completely done with the rest of the build, so....

It was a lot of fun recreating my childhood home the way it was back in the seventies. Changes have been made since then. As I've mentioned, mom caused a kitchen fire and so the whole kitchen got a make over. At some point the side steps were cut in half and closed in with an entry. I think it was at the same time that the two garage doors were replaced with a double width door with a power lift and a carport was attached to the garage to store the boat under over the winter. When mom developed Alzheimer's and it effected her mobility a ramp was built to the front door and the first floor bathroom was completely renovated to be made accessible. And finally, when the maple was just too rotten from the inside out to be safe it was removed, leaving the backyard as empty as our hearts are with mom gone.

BTW, I am living here again with Dad and my sister. A lot has changed, but a lot is the same. And the memories are all still here. Thanks for the poke of inspiration and thanks for letting me share all this with you.

Next up: our summer house that Dad built brick by brick. I need a lot that's on a steep hill. Preferably near a beach. The house has the front door (the street level) on the main floor and the back door out the basement. Any property location suggestions would be appreciated. I have all the worlds, so no restrictions. And I'd download a custom world. (Or make one at some point, if necessary.)
    Post edited by Jude525 on
    aka Jude

My Studio

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top