Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 has stopped working

So earlier today, I was trying to reset my sims 3 folder following this tutorial. I remember doing this before and never having a problem like this, but this was also a while ago and I probably fudged something up this time. My launcher now won't install anything (I did drag over my previous downloads folder to reinstall all my store content, not sure if that could be the issue?), it keeps saying "The Sims 3 has stopped working." I also get the same message upon loading the game and reaching the title screen.

Now there are a bunch of mdmp files and text documents in the new TS3 folder. I've tried googling and come up with nothing. Not sure how to fix this? I'd hate to have to reinstall from scratch.

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Your game is crashing. The mdmp and crash log files are generally useless when this happens and it's okay to delete them. If you think the dragged over store content is causing the problem, try downloading some of them from your store Purchase History instead of re-using the previously obtained ones to see if that makes a difference.

If not, perhaps start over with a fresh game folder again and make sure you can get the game to work with no content added back in at all.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    @igazor I think I've narrowed it down to my mods folder. For some reason when I add it back that's when the crash happens, but this makes no sense? The game was loading fine before I did the reset and I haven't downloaded any new mods recently.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @xitneverendss What mods do you have? If you have a mod that is connected to some content you don't have reinstalled yet, your game will crash when you try to start it. For example, the NRaas Cupcake mod, that requires you have the bakery set installed.
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    @IreneSwift YOU ARE A GENIUS THANK YOU! I'm positive that's it because I did open up one of the crash files to see if I could make sense of any of it and it did say something about the NRAAS cupcake mod! Should have mentioned this in my initial post but I completely forgot until you mentioned it just now. Thank you, you're a lifesaver!
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    LOL! I'm glad I could help. I can't tell you how many times I've started a new folder and put my mods in before I installed my store content, and was reminded the hard way that I should not have the cupcake mod in there yet.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    LOL! I'm glad I could help. I can't tell you how many times I've started a new folder and put my mods in before I installed my store content, and was reminded the hard way that I should not have the cupcake mod in there yet.
    Me too.
  • Options
    1Kingjavone1Kingjavone Posts: 1 New Member
    Can someone help me i lost all of my sims 3 expansion packs when i had to reset my pc i have the sims 3 on origin
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Can someone help me i lost all of my sims 3 expansion packs when i had to reset my pc i have the sims 3 on origin
    You can download them all from Origin.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    All registered games should show up in Origin. Download time depends on internet connection. If you're missing any registered pack, you need to contact help through the Origin website.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/